Friday, May 26, 2023

Chapter 14 Episode 1: The Absence of Deus Ex Machina 1 (Abridged)

Yurakucho Theater maybe
Christine: Welcome to our theater box! I've always been thinking how to better entertain you. People have been saying originality is dead for ages now, so how do we make something better than all those endless remakes? Well everyone knows there's no one correct answer, and now we're going to put on a story just for you. Enjoy the last show on the Tokyo stage the Entertainers are putting on!
The Alibi of Urban Legends

Flashback!
stab

Kirito: Man, why'd you have to let your guard down like a bitch around me? Now I had to off you personally instead of making some other schmuck do it for me.
MC: ...what?
It's the artifact of that one serial killer we can't name stuck in your back!

MC: w-why
Welp, you're gonna die

Kirito: Did you think we were friends? Or family? Here's my little secret: friends and family can piss off.
Jack the Ripoff starts dismembering MC!
Kirito: Die alone like a dog in the back alleys.
Who is he saying that to? Also hey Mononobe is here in some form?

Present
Server Room

MC: AAH! I-I'm alive...?
R-19: Instability on ECG detected. Suspending memory protocol.
Moritaka: M-MC, are you okay!?
MC: W-where am I? / Was I dreaming...? / Why am I in a bed?
Shuichi: Did you get amnesia again? You remember who you are? Shinjuku Guildmaster, MC? We're in a data analysis room put together by the Berserkers and Wisemen and we were trying to analyze the memory boxes you got back. Remember those?
Shuichi points to two holograms of Mononobe. A bunch of cables are hooked up to MC and them.

MC: That's... (remembers)

Recap flashback!
Chapter 12

Mononobe: We're inside Mahakala. Bertro had part of my memories and now he's giving them to you. My memories were split in three among the three geniuses, and I was supposed to disappear but Mahakala held onto me, so I'm just 1/3 of myself here. I'm still glad I could talk to you. Listen, my memories are part of the most important person in Tokyo since I'm just a fragment of them, the All Exception King Solomon.
Obtained Mononobe's Affection Memories!
Chapter 13

Mononobe: I'm an avatar of an unfeeling god made to watch over you, and I had to keep watching millions of copies of you die and pretend I wasn't hurt by it! Fuck you for making me feel this constant pain! Then again this pain must be proof that I lived, so I want you to know my rage. I also didn't want you to know I felt this way.
Obtained Mononobe's Rage Memories!

Present
Shuichi: Okay, so you remember. Your teacher Mononobe Kyouma is a Watcher sent by the game management until he just couldn't anymore. His memories were split in three in black boxes that we just proved can only by opened by your ring.
Chapter 12 flashback!
Phantom Mononobe touches the ring.

Enigma: Hacking successful. Playing back memories.
Catoblepas: W-what?
Present

Shuichi: Back to recapping, we're trying to figure out the game's mysteries. To stop the game we cannot lose, and we have to catch up with my BRRRROTHER! Which means we have to look into Mononobe's past memories. You keeping up?
MC: Yes / we are?
(A because they messed up) R-19: Mental disorientation possible. Proposal: rest, MC.

Shuichi: ...we have to make you relive the memories for the analysis, but most of them end with someone or other killing you. Maybe you remembered it for real? I can see it's causing lots of mental strain...do you feel like you can pick back up now? Or do you want to take a break?
MC: I can keep going / I want to stop for a bit
Shuichi: ...before we go on, I'm going to sort through the data. Wait there. (taps keyboard) R-19, take a break. If any part of you breaks, it'll be hard to fix you without my BRRRROTHER!
R-19: ...understood.
Shuichi: Inuzuka you should rest too. Standing guard all day is tough.
Moritaka: But what about you!? You've been up all night for days!
Shuichi: ...I can't stop since we don't know when they'll make a move. The West and South have stopped with their large scale plans based on what MC found, which leaves the East left to try something. They have the last memory box too, most likely. If only we can find some sort of lead before they do anything...
Moritaka: Isn't the east where--
Shuichi: ...yes, where the lab where we were born and ran away from is.
Sudden shaking!
MC: W-what?

Dungeon hallway
R-19: Contacting Master Duo.
Duo: Here. So you guys are okay?
R-19: Fatigued, but affirmative. Explosion detected in Ikebukuro's surface. Switching cameras.
Duo: Yep, it's time. The true big three guilds were in a Mexican standoff this whole time and no one could stand up. But now the Entertainers are stepping in to join the fight and they got admin privileges. The old equilibrium is going down. R-19, lead my brother and everyone away in an emergency evacuation. We're going to see a battle between the Warmongers and Invaders versus the Rule Makers and Entertainers. No one can stop it until the game's over.
End of Episode

1 comment:

  1. God I hate emo brats like Kirito. Seriously if this game had any guts they have every named character collectively hate this edgy try hard.

    ReplyDelete