Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Live A Hero Christmas Melt Countdown Episode 6 (Abridged)

There's more machinery on the walls the further in the party goes. Also more vines too. And vine attacks, because of course.
Sensettia: La la la my feelings~
The vines pull back in response to Sensettia's voice!

Gomeisa: Vines calming down!
MC: Good job guys!
The party reverts out, and Crowne sighs.

Crowne: Cool. That was only our millionth fight so far.
Viscunam: There's even more of them! Are they coming from the tower's core?
Sensettia: UGH how much more of them is there!? Is the world telling us to hang them up for decorations!?
Viscunam: Is that a thing Girlie
Sensettia: NO! I'm just saying I'm a singer, not a weedwhacker!
Gomeisa: But have to do this to go in
Sensettia: I know, I'm just sulking about it. Viscunam, can't you science away this problem with something?

Viscunam: Why would anyone make something that specific? And how would that make me famous?
Sensettia: And how usable do you think the crap you already make is?
Crowne: Wait, you came to investigate but haven't looked outside? These vines are causing all our problems. If you've got some doohickey that can clear them away, the people'll memorialize you as a hero.
Viscunam: HMMMM...the tall lady makes sense. Let me see what I can do to Space Macguyver something up for a Space Vine Cutter (temp name)...
Viscunam smirks and mutters to himself as he pulls out a tablet and writes on it.

Sensettia: Wow, you sure talked him into it quick Crowne. Did you know Viscunam beforehand?
Crowne: Nah, I just learned how to handle someone like him. Kouhai's into inventing and goes in on things like that.
MC: Ahh... / That tracks / who
(C) Crowne: Hisaki. Motivate him the right way and he'll jump in and do what you want.

Gomeisa: But Viscunam can make gadget fast?
Viscunam: Ha, I am a genius! I already have a 3D data scan of the vines from the cameras. All researchers know the value of COMBAT DATA!
Gomeisa: Wow!
Sensettia: W-wait, when'd you do that?
Viscunam: Have you noticed the vines grow faster the further we go in?
Crowne: Now that you mention it...yeah.
Viscunam: Okay, put this together with this and...good! Now it just needs an energy source. And I, being the SCIENCE genius that I am, already know where to find it.
Sensettia: Yeah yeah genius, tell us the answer already.
Viscunam: The crystals have been shining in response to Girlie's song.
Gomeisa: Hmm. Think I seen that too.
Crowne: Oh right, I think the crystals in town reacted to music too, even though we never commented on it back then. So I guess it makes sense that these crystals will react too.
MC: Oh yeah, huh. Wonder why?

Viscunam: I don't know how the fortune telling setup works, but it's true the crystals react to a specific frequency. These crystals can gather energy from ether, and they release light ie energy in response to sounds. That means Girlie's songs can draw energy out of the crystals in the tower to power my invention.
Crowne: Oh okay
Viscunam: Yes, but making a machine that can destroy all the vines at once will need a corresponding amount of energy. The tower should suffice though! I'll be done before yesterday's lunch!
Gomeisa: Wow! Viscunam amazing!
Viscunam: But of course! (struts)

Sensettia: Sheesh, he's becoming a total fanboy...
Crowne: He impresses easily. But if Viscunam pulls it off, he'd definitely prove he's amazing.
Viscunam: I need to do more research on these vines. It's like these vines have their own mind as they attack us. I want a sample of this strange life form. (approaches vine)
Crowne: Wait what? You can't tell what that is?
Viscunam: Is it not some plant life form?
MC: I think it's a Monster.
Viscunam: ...a Monster?
Crowne: Yeah, we can't say for sure since we haven't seen a core but MC's Observer senses say they're Monsters. (flashes back to Ch. 5, the kaiju Monster threat) We've seen something like this before actually.
Viscunam: (stares)
Sensettia: Really? Why'd you think we've been transforming to fight them off this whole time? I kinda figured a while ago.
Viscunam: oh no oh no oh no
Gomeisa: Viscunam? What wrong? (touches Viscunam's shoulders)
Viscunam: WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT EARLIER AAAAAA (flails)

Gomeisa: What!?
Viscunam: NO I DON'T WANNA BE RETGONE GIRLIE WE HAVE TO LEAVE
A vine in the corner twitches.

Viscunam: I SAW THAT (pulls something out of his bag)
Viscunam: BEGONE FIEND! Oh no MY LEG! (starts flinging things at the vines)
MC: Oh my god, Viscunam!
Sensettia: Viscunam, wait, calm down already!
Crowne: What's gotten into you!? And stop that before you--
Whoops Viscunam provoked the vines into growing faster and now he's losing his shit even harder.

Sensettia: V-Viscunam, what's wrong!?
Sensettia can tell Viscunam is freaking out in a way different from his usual erratic mania.

Gomeisa: This way! I make ice wall! MC, please transform!
Gomeisa runs in front of Viscunam. MC runs towards him and transforms him.

Gomeisa: Go!
The party regroups around Gomeisa, who then starts making walls to block the vines. The vines however are growing faster than expected.

Crowne: Oh no, we're surrounded!
Sensettia: We're stuck!
Gomeisa: Oof! Can't...keep...walls up!
Crowne: ...alright, it's come to this. MC, transform us too!
Sensettia: Yeah, we have to fight now!
MC: Let's go you two! Execute!
Crowne and Sensettia transform. Gomeisa's walls are starting to crack.

Crowne: Bring it!
Sensettia: Yeah, get out of the way!
Viscunam: (stares in panic)
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Viscunam (narrating): People live and die, data gets lost, and the proof they lived gets fuzzy. But SCIENCE can pass things on to the next generation, bringing people together and building history. Inventing is valued for all that built up connection brought together and expressing it. I know that...but the problem is that Monsters exist.
Title Card: Wise Men Stay Away from Danger
Viscunam (narrating): My father was a great inventor. His research and work was genuine, and he was skilled in organizing existing technology. He was also really supportive of the newer generations, and he backed lots of research and inventions.
Viscunam's Dad: Viscunam, inventing something is just a result. It's a process that ties things together, so don't look so mad.
Viscunam (narrating): I was pouting really hard at a news channel. They were interviewing an inventor who was making hit invention after hit invention...and he was my dad's kouhai.
Viscunam: I'm not mad. I just can't accept this. None of those things would've been made without your basic research! You gave him so much support in making them!
Viscunam's Dad: Oh, you could tell? You've grown.
Viscunam (narrating): Father looked amused. I did not.
Viscunam's Dad: I'm not letting him take the credit or anything, since I never intended to make that thing. It might never have been a thing if not for him.

Viscunam (narrating): I sighed. My father would make things and become a big name inventor too, but he never cared about fame. He welcomed other people trying to do things, so he'd use his funds to help. He shocked me...but I also deeply respected him. And then one day, something stomped all over my respect and his beliefs.
One day

Hero: Hey! Hey! You awake!?
Viscunam: ...what? Huh?
Hero: Oh good you're alive! We got one person needing aid here!
Viscunam (narrating): Monsters attacked the area my father's research lab was in and wrecked everything.
Viscunam: W-wait! What about my father!?
Viscunam (narrating): I tried my best to talk to them through all the pain.
Hero: ...sorry, we didn't find anyone else.
Viscunam (narrating): I was delirious, but I truly believed they just missed him and that this was all some bad dream...but on that day, my father disappeared from everyone's memories.

Viscunam: No, this is my father's research!
Viscunam (narrating): All of my father's accomplishments were retconned to be other people's work. Even that interview I was watching earlier didn't bring him up at all. It wasn't malicious or deliberate. Everyone really did just forget he existed.
Viscunam: How can this be!? Anyone could see through it if they thought about it! And why...why is it only I remember him?
Viscunam (narrating): I remembered everything my father did, but...
Viscunam: !!
Viscunam (narrating): If I were eaten too, then even all that would be lost. Monsters take away memories. I was terrified of them...but I also had a dream that could triumph over that terror. I dreamed that I could make the memories we pass on to the next generation become unbreakable.

Viscunam: Observer, transform me!
Viscunam (narrating): I became a hero with that dream, but I didn't get a license. I wasn't interested in fighting villains...and I was afraid of Monsters. I just used my hero form to use the villain network for my own purposes.
Viscunam: This form is awesome!
Viscunam (narrating): I respected my father, but he was forgotten. Why? He was a famous inventor, but he cared more about bridging generations and passing the baton on. The continuous connection was valuable, and it could cover for individual shortcomings. He was amazing, and his inventions stayed even after he was gone...but his name was taken off of it, like he was never there. That's the part I couldn't accept.
Viscunam: Everyone's going to know me! And for that, I must be truly unique!
Viscunam (narrating): My father was someone anyone should just forget. And...if I somehow disappear along with my memories of my father, I still need to carry his baton forward.
Viscunam: I'm going to make an invention no one will ever forget!
Viscunam (narrating): I must overturn the laws of physics, or at least the part of conservation of mass! Something that can turn one into like a million things, forever! My father passed me the baton, so I can do it! My becoming famous will be just like the wisdom of everyone who came before me becoming famous too! If I can make something not even Monsters can retcon away, I can handle Monsters. But...how long will it take? Can I survive long enough? Can I even fight alongside the Girlie and the other heroes...?
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment