Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Live A Hero Christmas Melt Countdown Episode 4 (Abridged)

Sensettia: La la la~!
Sensettia's Parallel Weapon weaponizes her singing voice to attack. The vines retreat from the party's attacks.
MC: They're going away! / It's working / So, we good now I guess?
Sensettia: Whew. They really are some kind of Monster... I think we're okay now. Hopefully. (reverts)
Crowne: We won't be totally okay until we get at their roots, but yeah things seem okay for now. We should cancel out too to preserve energy.
Crowne and Gomeisa revert.

Sensettia: Thanks for suddenly contracting me, uh...
MC: MC.
Sensettia: Oh okay. Nice operating! I'm Sensettia. I'm a student hoping to be a singer.
Crowne: Oh, so that's why you were singing to fight.
Sensettia: Yep. Wrote that song myself! And thanks to you two, too.
Crowne: I'm Crowne. I'm usually a mechanic.
Gomeisa: Gomeisa! I work in Boss's store!
Sensettia: Who? Oh whatever.

MC: So why are you here? I thought entry was prohibited. You a hero from somewhere or...?
Sensettia: Uhhhh (visibly shocked)
Sensettia: (Crap, I didn't come up with a cover story. I AM intruding and don't belong to an agency so...should I run? But I can't really leave this place without Viscunam's help...)
MC: ...Sensettia?
Sensettia: (But I'm safer with these guys. I can fight with them if we get attacked. But if I slip up, I'll get arrested so...BS something!)
Crowne: Are you talking to yourself?
Sensettia: ...oh! I-I'm totally in the same boat as you guys! I mean there's only one reason for heroes to be here, right??? (fake smiles)
Gomeisa: Oh. Sensettia come check bad weather and stop Monsters too?
Sensettia: YES! That's totally the reason I'm here with another guy who's also totally a hero! Can you help me find him since you're going further inside anyways? He's stubborn, so I'm not too worried about him though.
Gomeisa: Okay! Yay, new friend!
Crowne: (looks aside at MC) ...what do you think? She does seem handy in a fight though.
MC: Let's go. We do need the help, and Gomeisa's happy.
Sensettia: Cool! I can show you guys around just a little bit.
Sensettia turns around and walks off. Gomeisa happily follows.

Crowne: Weird...

Later
Faint light shines through the crystals. Looks kinda eerie.

Sensettia: Ugh. There are vines here too.
Fork in the road! Except vines are blocking certain hallways.

Crowne: This tower layout is bizarre. Well if the vines aren't attacking, we should look for a different way around instead of wasting energy fighting them.
MC: Yeah... / We can't go at it forever.
---
(A) Sensettia: Yeah, not like you guys have infinite energy or anything.
---
Crowne: Yep. Can't tell what leads where, but we should be making progress. We can cut our way through if we have to, but... (looks at all the crystals in the floor and ceiling) There really is a ton of crystals here. If I'm right, this tower's a piece of equipment using all these crystals as an energy source. I wonder what the core's like?
MC: You know what this is? / You know about crystals? / They're energy sources? Really?
(AB) Crowne: Nah, I only know OF them.
(C) Crowne: Well I don't know that much about them.

Crowne: Can't tell on looks alone, but there was this one period where spaceships tried using these crystal looking things as a fuel source. I've only heard bits and pieces from other planets about that time, but apparently these things can store surrounding ether.
Gomeisa: What?
Sensettia: So these crystals are all batteries?
Crowne: Kinda, but they were impractical for usage since they couldn't store up that much energy, so we just went with something else.
Sensettia picks up a nearby crystal and stares at it.

Sensettia: Huh.
Crowne: That one is probably enough for a mini light bulb.
Sensettia: That's it? But it's so big! Well that sucks. (wings sag)
MC: Sensettia?

Crowne: Well, when we found a more convenient energy source, we just switched to that.
Sensettia: This tower is so big that people rely on it, but this one isn't useful at all, huh?
Crowne: I'm no expert so I can't say for sure. It might still be useful.
Sensettia: But you just said this'd only be good for one mini light bulb.
Crowne: From what I know now. Maybe later science will discover some way to make better use of it. It can still hold a certain amount of energy if you miniaturize it, but I know that from basic research I did way back. Never actually tried. Still, things could change. Maybe some day we'll find something only the crystal can do.
Sensettia stares at the crystal some more. It reflects some light.

Sensettia: Huh...people might not look at it now, but maybe later...
Gomeisa: Sensettia? Wings moving.
Sensettia: It's all cool! I'm just feeling a little better is all!
MC: What?
Sensettia: Never mind that, let's go! It's not like I'm totally not worried about him.
Sensettia sets off. She seems to have a spring in her step now.

Title Card: Crystal Fragment

Later
The party enters some room with a high ceiling. There's few vines here.
Sensettia: Wow, so there ARE places with some space in them. I bet the acoustics here are great if I sang.
Crowne: Speaking of, it's kind of a waste you only sing in battle.
Sensettia: What?
MC: Yeah you sound great!
Sensettia: But...it's just a weapon here. It's not that big a deal...but thanks.
Gomeisa: Sing more! Makes me want dance!
Sensettia: Really? Is it that much of a dance tune...?
Crowne: He danced on his home planet, so he'll dance to anything.
Sensettia: Oh...well we're in a nice place, so I'll just sing a little. (inhales)
Sensettia: The shining star flowers play the song of the universe~
Crowne: Wow, that song really hits different when it's not going through your Parallel Weapon.
MC: Yeah...

Gomeisa: ...huh? (cocks head)
MC: What's up Gomeisa?
Gomeisa: Song feelings feel different when not hero, but...
Some weird sound starts cropping up.
Sensettia: Wait what? (looks around)
Gomeisa: Monsters again?
Crowne: I mean I can sorta hear that rumbling, but it sounds like something else in there.
It sounds like some kind of engine. And then there's a voice.

MC: ...is that someone laughing?
Sensettia: ...I think I know that ugly laughing. (slightly frowns)
Viscunam rides in on a little buggy!

Viscunam: HAHAHA! There you are, Girlie!
MC: WHAT

Sensettia: Viscunam, where'd you get that buggy!?
Gomeisa: He friend Sensettia looking for?
Sensettia: Friend is stretching it, but yes unfortunately.
Viscunam's buggy drops crystal fragments as he suddenly skids to a stop. Maybe it's Akira style.

Viscunam: It is a portable four wheel drive mini buggy I invented! Do you know how many stairs I would have had to climb? How many bad floors? Behold how it folds back up!
Crowne: You know, that thing is actually kinda interesting. What's it run on?
Sensettia: You should hold that thought. It's probably definitely defective somehow.
MC: Is he an inventor? / Weirdo / He kinda hot...
(C) Sensettia: You what? Your tastes are weird...

Viscunam: ...huh? There are other people here? Girlie, did you get caught by punks again?
Sensettia: What? No! They're heroes and--
Viscunam: Never fear! I shall save you with SCIENCE!
Sensettia: Stop pulling crap out of your bag and listen to me already!
Viscunam: There is nothing to worry about! I will have this all fixed in a jiffy and--oh wait my sensor is going off.
Viscunam pulls out some loud ringing thing.

Viscunam: Hmm? (approaches MC)
MC: W-what?
The sensor gets louder and is going off so hard it starts burning up. BOOM!

MC: Oh my god it blew up!

Viscunam: WHAT
Viscunam picks up the blown up pieces and thinks to himself out loud.

Viscunam: My Ether Crystal Searcher reacted to a person...well they're an Operator and Observer so ether flow is supposed to circle around them but...if there is that strong a reaction then...
MC: Sorry, did I do something?
Viscunam: Hmmmm... hehehehe! I have finally found the Ultimate Observer!
MC: what
Viscunam: I have been searching for you since forever!
Sensettia: Wait what
Viscunam: I cannot just stand here! Come with me! Let me research you!

Crowne: Dude what the hell are you on about!?
Viscunam: Oh! Yes! An Ultimate Observer must also have guards! But that shall not stop ME! I must study you for SCIENCE! To complete my research, by force if need be! (pulls out phone) Transform!
Ta-da! Doctor Octopus Viscunam has transformed!
MC: WHAT
Sensettia: Wait Viscunam what are you DOING!? Ugh, he's not listening anymore! Sorry, help me knock some sense into him! As in, beat him until he stops moving!
Crowne: Well I guess we have to if he's attacking. MC, transform us!
Gomeisa: Yes, must calm friend down!
The party suits up!

Sensettia: Viscunam, listen to me already!
Viscunam: Don't you stand in my way, Girlie! You are coming with me, Observer!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Viscunam: Noooo!
Viscunam is knocked back and out of his suit. Sensettia sighs and quits out too before walking up to him.
Sensettia: Dang it, do you always have to make things so difficult?
Viscunam: I can't believe you would get in my way too, Girlie.
Sensettia: Don't you give me that when it was YOU attacking MC! Look, they're helping us! And there's an order to things when asking people for research help! Whatever it is you're doing, it doesn't need you to kidnap people! Be friendly and ask!
Viscunam: ...hmm, that makes sense. Very well, I will stop with the forceful approach. But I haven't given up!
Sensettia: Yeah sure whatever. I can't tell if you understand or not.

Crowne: Okay, we done with that? Good.
Gomeisa: Glad we stop him! Is he hero?
Sensettia gasps at the question and leans into Viscunam's ear.

Sensettia: Viscunam, we're telling them we're heroes investigating the place. We're trying to get in anyways, but the vines are in the way so we're working with them as heroes. Got it?
Viscunam: Fine. For science! You want me to play along, is that it Girlie? I am perfectly capable of acting out something like that. Once this is done, I'm researching MC next, hehehe... (smirks at MC)
MC: This all seems above the board.
Sensettia: ...try NOT to laugh and smile like a creeper.

 Viscunam: (clears throat and spreads arms out) Ahem! I just got carried away with SCIENCE a moment ago! I am the great inventor Viscunam, and one day everyone will know me!
Sensettia: YOU CALL THAT AN APOLOGY!? (reverse roundhouse kicks Viscunam)
Viscunam: OOF! W-what was that for, Girlie!?
Sensettia: I'm not hearing anything along the lines of "I'm sorry" before you introduced yourself!
Viscunam: OOF! ...u-umm. I'm sorry...
Sensettia: So you can look sorry. That's progress in your case.
Viscunam: how dare you make a fool of me like this
MC: Such friendship / uh, you okay?

Viscunam: Ahem. I am this girlie's colleague. I hear you simpleto--I mean you people are looking to go further in as well, so I will accompany you.
Sensettia: I'm sorry guys he's just like that, please understand. He might go off like some crazy boyfriend sometimes, but it's fine now. I'll smack him if he does something stupid again.
MC: Nice to meet you / This is my life now / Haven't I seen someone like you before...?
Crowne: I'm Crowne. Hmm... a self-absorbed guy who's into research and inventing. Sounds like someone I know, though he's a bit different. Are inventers just like that?
Gomeisa: Gomeisa! So many inventions, surprising! Viscunam amazing!
Viscunam: Oh, someone here does understand my greatness! Ahahaha!
Sensettia: Yeah you should cut down on the compliments before his head carries him to the stratosphere.
Viscunam: Quiet Girlie! Stop being jealous just because you have the understanding of a flea!
Sensettia: EXCUSE ME!?

Gomeisa: Viscunam have other inventions? Want see more!
Viscunam: Oh, okay! One moment... (rummages through his bag and pulls something out) I put this away since I don't think it'd be used in this weather we're having.
Viscunam pulled out some sort of drinking glass shaped machine.

Gomeisa: What this?
Viscunam: It warms you up using snow.
MC: what
Viscunam: A heater that lights up and runs on ice or snow! It's just like magic!
Sensettia: ...why not just use a hand warmer then?
Viscunam: You have no sense of romance and adventure Girlie.
Sensettia: Can somebody check outside for flying space pigs? Or check if space hell froze over?
Viscunam: Well I don't understand romance and adventure myself, but the masses like it, yes? I researched it, for SCIENCE!
Sensettia: Well that tracks for you.

Crowne: Uh, this thing is clearly crap at efficiency from what I can tell. But the dream behind it might be a thing...
Gomeisa: Wow! Just like igloo or God's ice walls!
Crowne: No not really?
Gomeisa: But snow warming you same idea! So that amazing! Just like magic!
Viscunam: Hmm! You might have a head for SCIENCE, boy! You can have it, I am in a good mood now.
Gomeisa: Really?
Viscunam: Yes! Take it and tell everyone who gave it to you!
Gomeisa: Yay, thank you!
Sensettia: Is getting junk like that really something to celebrate?
MC: Well if he's happy, it's fine I guess.
Viscunam: Rejoice, people! My inventions will clear the way! Follow me! (walks off)
Sensettia: ...sorry about him, guys. I promise he has his helpful times despite being...like that.
Crowne: Well he's a lively one. That buggy still looks pretty nice.
Sensettia: Oh. Well okay then.
And so the party continues on.

End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment