Thursday, May 11, 2023

Live A Hero Christmas Melt Countdown Episode 5 (Abridged)

Lots of vines in the way attacking the party!
Crowne: Goddammit, they never stop!
Gomeisa: Nooo, ice wall not fast enough!
Viscunam: My time has come, fiendish vines!
One of Viscunam's Doc Oct tentacles morphs into a blender and shreds through the ice wall and vines.

Gomeisa: Wow!
Crowne: Jackass, you broke the wall too!
Viscunam: Yes, what of--AAH!
With no ice wall to slow down the vine growth and regen, the vines grab Viscunam!

MC: UGH / aww... / well he didn't know to be fair

Sensettia: UGH, I'll go save him! (stands in front of the vines and gets ready)
Sensettia: My song will take care of you!
Sensettia starts singing. The sound waves tear the vines apart!

Crowne: Whoa!
Sensettia: La la la~
Gomeisa: But...
Gomeisa looks puzzled. The vines disappear from the hallway.

Sensettia: Whew! They're gone now.
MC: Thanks Sensettia / Awesome! / New song's cool too!
(A) Sensettia: It's cool, we're going the same way.
(BC) Sensettia: Really? Thanks!

Viscunam: Mgrgrh. Okay fine, well done.
Sensettia: Flattery gets you nowhere~! Okay, let's go.
Sensettia points the way, and the party starts moving.

Sensettia: La la la...
Gomeisa: (stares)
MC: What's wrong?
Gomeisa: Umm...
Gomeisa seems hesitant.

Sensettia: ...huh? What? Something with my song?
Gomeisa: Um...song feels weird. Nice voice, but...something off.
Sensettia: ...like what?
Gomeisa: Sensettia not have fun singing?
Sensettia: ...wait, what?

Title Card: Little Wings and Big Dreams

Sensettia (narrating): I was raised in a place where common sense says singers should have big boobs wings.
Sensettia (narrating): The Earth Sphere area or whatever calls my planet the planet of angels. Most of us here have wings, and the planet has an belief in the power of voices. Specifically, singers with wings have comparatively greater mental effects. Like, science actually says there's a noticed effect on minds and bodies, even on other races, so a lot of us go into jobs involving singing and talking.
Sensettia (narrating): They say having bigger boobs wings gives us more influence with the power of voices, so it became our beauty standard and stuff. If you have big wings as a kid, they single you out for specialized singing and acting education...me? Well...

Flashback!
Sensettia: She's so pretty and her songs are awesome!
Sensettia (narrating): So there was this lady singing by the road. Apparently she's from this city.
Sensettia: I wanna sing like that!
Sensettia (narrating): She was awesome, her voice was great, she had big boobs wings, and people expected great things of her.
Sensettia: I'm sure I'll be like her if I work hard enough!
Sensettia (narrating): Everyone smiled, but they looked conflicted. At the time, I just wondered if I was making a face or said something funny.

Sensettia (narrating): So the country I lived in was more isolated than others. Like, they actually restrict communications to the outside and even restrict leaving the borders. It's probably why I wonder if the past means that much. At some point, people thinking bigger boobs wings is better somehow turned into bigger boobs wings being NECESSARY to being a singer...and the longer I lived there, the less I thought it was weird. Experience and history say so! How was I to argue against that? It was easier to just go along with it all. But yeah, I noticed how people looked at me back then.
Sensettia (narrating): I still couldn't give up on trying to become a singer though. "I'll show them! I'll show them all!" I told myself. And so I threw myself into music study. I wanted to sing and convey my true feelings. I wanted to be someone who could do that and tour around, like that one lady I saw. I think I did pretty well for someone studying on my own...but traditional thought's a lot tougher than I thought it was.

Sensettia: Wow, scouts from big companies usually don't pick people up often!
Sensettia (narrating): I went to the same audition as my friend. We studied at the same place, but only she got in.
Sensettia: Congrats!
Sensettia (narrating): I kept telling myself size isn't everything.
Sensettia: I'll be up there one day! I promise!
Sensettia (narrating): But I was the one with the smallest boobs wings there.
Sensettia: Wing size? Pffft, that's just superstition. I don't care!
Sensettia (narrating): Actually I cared a lot. I kept thinking about it every time I failed. I kept thinking, maybe they were right. Then one day, he came.

Sensettia: La la la...
Sensettia (narrating): I flopped into bed after trailing off on the song I was making.
Sensettia: ...no luck today again. Who am I kidding with these wings anyway?
Sensettia (narrating): I was curled under my blankets. Then suddenly, the whole house shook like a big storm hit
Sensettia: wait what
Sensettia (narrating): Then something blew up and shook me out of bed!
Sensettia: WAIT WHAT
Sensettia (narrating): Some metal thing I never seen before crashed through the roof and destroyed some of my furniture!
Sensettia: Is this a space ship...?
Sensettia (narrating): The door scraped open, and that's how I met him.

Viscunam: ...bleh. Oh, I seem to have landed on ground this time! Last time I hit an ocean floor, so clearly I have gotten better at driving!
Sensettia: (stares)
Viscunam: Oh wait, someone's here? Good thing I didn't run them over. Girlie, is this your house?
Sensettia: ...h-
Viscunam: ...what?
Sensettia: HOME WRECKER! Who are you and where did you come from!? And why don't you have wings? Why do you look like an animal!?
Viscunam: OW OW STOP HITTING ME WITH A KEYBOARD! Okay fine, I owe you repair expenses!
Sensettia: Okay yeah you do owe me that! Now answer me!
Viscunam: O-okay okay, just put the keyboard down, Girlie!

Later
Viscunam: Ahem. I am Viscunam, a scientist from another planet.
Sensettia: A-another planet? Really?
Viscunam: Yes! Is there anything you want me to invent?
Sensettia: wait what
Viscunam: I am flying my spaceship around for SCIENCE! ...research to invent new things whereever I go. I am a wandering scientist, hehe.
Sensettia: Huh
Viscunam: Behold my revolutionary creations!
Sensettia (narrating): And then Viscunam pulled out all these creaky pieces of junk. I mean, inventions.
Sensettia: what
Viscunam: Can you not see how great these inventions are!? Society will tremble before my creative intellect! And I am presenting you with whichever you like as an apology for destroying your home. Hahaha!
Sensettia: Can't I just get money?
Sensettia (narrating): I still looked at his stuff though. One thing in particular interested me.

Sensettia: ...is this a TV? Ack!
Sensettia (narrating): I pushed a button on the side and some show with an alien talking to the camera popped up.
Sensettia: Huh?
Viscunam: Hm? Ooh, good eye to pick that, Girlie. It's a TV that randomly picks up signals from nearby planets. Dunno how far it goes though.
Sensettia: ...can it pick up music programs with singers?
Viscunam: ...that's it? I can get that done by yesterday's dinner.
Sensettia: Normal people just say before breakfast. Whatever, it can do that right?
Viscunam: Of course!  One moment while I press this button on the side...
Sensettia (narrating): And so he took the TV and fiddled with it.
Viscunam: Here we go.
Sensettia (narrating): Then he gave it back to me and watched my reaction.

Sensettia (narrating): There was an alien lady on the screen, singing confidently. Her voice was beautiful, singing a song I've never heard of before.
Sensettia: (stares)
Viscunam: Girlie, it's been half an hour now. You like it that much? Then you can hav--
Sensettia: She doesn't even have wings.
Viscunam: What?
Sensettia: She can sing like that, even without wings.
Viscunam: What, does your race use your wings to affect your vocals? You were singing earlier too. I could hear it in my space ship. Nice voice.
Sensettia: W-what? You could hear that? Thanks...
Viscunam: What? ...wait, did my ship picking up on your song draw it in and cause an emergency landing? That'd mean we can turn sound waves into 4D vectors to move to where other people are. Hahahaha, a new spaceship age is upon us!

Sensettia (narrating): He's so weird, but it feels like he also let me out of my birdcage.
Sensettia: ...Viscunam you are a huge nutjob, but you're also kinda awesome.
Viscunam: Excuse you, I am a genius and my invention talents will make my galaxy famous in the near future! No one will ever forget about me!
Sensettia: ...what?
Viscunam: Nothing, just personal stuff. But I see you really liked my invention! You best memorize my name then, for I am--
Sensettia: Hey Viscunam can I come with you?
Viscunam: What? Take you with me?
Sensettia: Yeah, I'll help you get famous, whatever it takes. So take me out of here.
Viscunam: Hmm... (thinks)

Sensettia: ...no go?
Viscunam: You know what? Okay.
Sensettia: Yeah, that fig--wait what?
Viscunam: I've been wanting an assistant and there's somewhere I want to go to!
Sensettia: What? Where?
Viscunam: One thing at a time. Anyways, you can come if you want to help me. I can get you out of here before yesterday's lunch.
Sensettia: Viscunam!
Sensettia (narrating): And so we left. I went around busking to make our daily expenses, calling it my music tour. I got a dream to sing to people in the universe, trying to prove the old traditions that boobs wings don't matter. I wanted to get so famous I'd wow even the people on my home planet. But...
Some time later

Sensettia: Whew, got a lot of money today! No scouts though, unsurprisingly...I tried so hard. Can I do it?
Viscunam: You done, Girlie? It's almost time to leave this planet.
Sensettia: What? O-oh, yeah!
Sensettia (narrating): I also started to worry about things. What did I want to say? Where are the people I wanted to say things to live? And maybe...am I actually still in my birdcage...?

Present
Sensettia: ...haha, guess it came out. (smiles weakly)
Gomeisa: What? So...not having fun?
Sensettia: No, not that. I love singing and writing songs...so like, you can see I have wings, right? (flaps wings)
Sensettia: On my home planet, most people think people with bigger boobs wings are suited for singing. I don't think I've ever seen a singer with wings smaller than me.
Gomeisa: Oh...
Sensettia: Bigger wings means bigger voice influence. So with my tiny wings... it kinda sucks. I've tried so hard, but it never worked out. Made me thinks things...
Crowne: ...that your birth determines who you are? I know that feel.

Sensettia: I kept telling myself boob wing size doesn't matter! But sometimes...I think that maybe my wings will get bigger tomorrow and I can become a star singer. It's always been on my mind. I still worry my songs aren't getting through to anyone, so maybe that's what came out.
MC: Oh...
Viscunam: (frowns)
Gomeisa: ...no such thing!
Sensettia: ...Gomeisa?
Gomeisa: I love your song! Song reached me!
Sensettia: What...?
Gomeisa: So I want Sensettia love singing too! That way more fun!
Sensettia: Oh... (starts thinking about the crystal fragment)
Flashback Crowne: Hey, maybe we'll figure out a way to better use these crystals in the future.

Sensettia: Something only I can do... my song reached Gomeisa instead of everyone... huh. Maybe I was singing to the wrong people... (slightly tightens fists)
Sensettia: ...hehe, thanks Gomeisa. I think I was about to forget why my songs were my weapons when I was trying to make my dream come true.
Gomeisa: You forgetting...?
Sensettia: Yeah. I sound so stupid. (smiles)
Sensettia: I love and enjoy singing, so I decided to convey those feelings through song to people. It didn't matter if other people evaluated it or whatever.
Crowne: ...looks like you remembered what you wanted to do.
Sensettia: I never noticed whether people had big wings or small wings before. I just liked songs, and I just wanted to sing loud and proud. (walks a little faster and turns to face the party)

Sensettia: Sorry I didn't sing confidently. I haven't really sang in a way that's me to you guys yet. I'm gonna stop singing to people who judge me on my boob wing size. I should first sing for myself, then the people in front of me.
MC: Sounds awesome. Must be hard to get out of old preconceptions...
Sensettia: Thanks. Singing more like me is gonna be great.
Viscunam: ...so what were you worried about actually, Girlie?
Sensettia: Ugh. Well you never seemed like the type to understand people. Anyways, thanks Crowne, Gomeisa.
Crowne: Did I really say anything? Well whatever, if you feel better then cool.
Gomeisa: Ehehe. Want hear more!
Viscunam: (snorts, then speaks quietly) ...hmph. I did see you being all hesitant lately, but if you're feeling better then that's fine.

Later
The tower gets darker further in. A vine-destroyed looking wall has a panel with crystals in it. Also there's some tube thing.

Crowne: Look, something's there.
Sensettia: Why's there machinery over here?
Viscunam: You couldn't tell? This tower is clearly artificial and it's involved with the weather predictions. It's too big to be merely a forecasting machine...so it must be a weather control machine.
Sensettia: Really? That's a thing?
Viscunam: Well we're here right now, no? I cannot wait to investigate the inner area!
Crowne: Well I can understand that. We came to see if the tower really can fix the weather and why it went out of whack to begin with.
Hey look the floor is starting to crack.

MC: I sense evil!

Vines burst in from everywhere!
Gomeisa: OH NO
The vines are slithering around and are starting to converge on the party!

Crowne: They're gonna attack!
Sensettia: Well we can't take that lying down! MC!
Viscunam: My time to show my inventions in action has come!
MC transforms the party.

Crowne: We're almost there now!
Gomeisa: I try hard too! Save Christmas!
Sensettia: Weed whacking time!
Viscunam: Whatever you are, SCIENCE shall stop you!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment