Monday, November 28, 2022

Live A Hero Book 2 Chapter 1 Episode 8: Escaping the Siege (Abridged)

Evil Red: Shin Ashihara, banzai! Make Japan great again! Down with the establishment government and their kidnapping ways! We will take the key person for our patriotic salvation into our cArE or die trying!
Explosions! Ground shakes! Danzo calling in! Central Osaka is on fire on the TV!
TV Reporter: Oh no, another explosion! Somebody help the people trapped inside that building! I know the Shin Ashihara just accused the government of kidnapping, but the government isn't saying anything! Also the railroads have just said they're stopping outbound trains from Osaka because of the emergency! This just in from our information department...
Alliance Safehouse
MC: Oh no!
Seiichirou: Is calling us kidnappers their way of internally justifying their actions? Bastards. And it looks like they're using the elimination of aliens from the capital city to get their soldiers to come along. But if they're doing this, their agents hidden inside the government can't ignore it.
Akashi: They're hurting innocent people! This is like...!
Ryekie: Random terrorism. I have to go save the people!

Huckle: Ryekie, stop! They're after MC!
Santetsu: If we're too conspicuous they might come converging on us. It'll be very dangerous.
Exio: We either sit here quietly, or we have to figure out a way to slip past them all...
Click

Danzo: Uh guys, we might not have a choice anymore. There's just the one squad here, but they've started searching the area the safehouse is. They're gonna find it eventually, and if I mess up a move, I'll just draw more attention here... I think it'll be better to break out now before they bog us down!
Roiker: ...I like this place, but I suppose we'll have to go. (sighs and eye-signals to Seiichirou)
Seiichirou: We're abandoning the base and figuring out a route out of Osaka! Danzo, can you lead the way!?
Danzo: Yep! There's a lot of them, so this might get tricky!

Later
Danzo: ...okay, move to the next alleyway now.
The party slips past the villains with Danzo's directions and slowly heads north.

Danzo: We're cool, looks like we made it without them noticing. There's a big factory up ahead that we can sneak in through. The back exit leads to an old sewer that leads to the Yodo River.
Santetsu: ...I hope the villains' siege doesn't extend to the sewers.
Seiichirou: It's still possible, but we have to bet on it. We could take sky transit, but with the sky trains being out, they'd spot us quickly. We'll head to Kyoto through the old sewer line. Kyoto still has a lot of old Japanese scenery that the Shin Ashihara would never try to attack, so they at least can't try anything too risky.
Danzo: Uh, guys I just saw something I wish I didn't...
Roiker: You don't mean...?
Danzo: Yeah, somebody else besides the Shin Ashihara is making their move and taking advantage of things. (sends pictures to Seiichirou's phone)

Seiichirou: ...it feels like these are also designated villain organizations.
Danzo: Yeah, other groups after MC.
Akashi: Goddammit, what is MC to these guys?
Exio: Probably just a tool to make the world the way they want it. I don't think any organization has a good idea of what Observers are. They're blinded by the big spectacle of Mt. Fuji being brought back.
Huckle: ...how sad. MC's a person with feelings too.
Akashi: ...MC, you okay? You don't look so good.
MC: I'm kinda tired... / Maybe I should let myself get caught... / I'm not gonna let them have their way...!
(A) Akashi: Tell me if it's too much, and I'll carry you on my back.
Huckle: ...I know how it hurts to have so many innocents caught up in this. But it's easy to see how things can get so much worse than it is now if you did get caught. And...we don't want to sacrifice you. Just think about getting to safety.
(B) Akashi: What!? Do you realize what they'll do to you!?
Huckle: ...I know how it hurts to have so many innocents caught up in this. But it's easy to see how things can get so much worse than it is now if you did get caught. And...we don't want to sacrifice you. Just think about getting to safety.
(C) Akashi: Whoa...
Huckle: Heh, you've got guts and spirit. But you clearly do look like you're getting tired. I'd rather not push you too much, but it hurts that I can't really say that now. Just keep moving for now.

Later
Danzo: Now, get to the next block. You'll reach the factory once you get past the next block. They've searched around long enough that it looks like no one is left, so now's your chance to get ahead.
Huckle: The street is pretty big, so it's a little hard to estimate when to move.
Akashi: Don't people go into manholes when they get to this part of the movies? What difference would going down now make if we're going into a sewer anyway?
Seiichirou: The underground spaces around here have been reconstructed so that they're only big enough for maintenance bots to move around. It'd be hard to walk around half-submerged, and if they find us then, we'd likely all get caught.
MC: Oh...
Akashi: Right, bad idea...
Seiichirou: The sewers we're heading for were made before the reconstruction, so they should still be open spaced. They aren't even being used now, so we should be able to move more freely within.
Ryekie: ...huh?

There's a little girl rubbing her eyes up ahead.
Huckle: ...a girl? Did she fall behind while running away? It's too dangerous to leave her alone.
Ryekie: What do we do Huckle? Do we look after her?
Roiker: ...wait, with the siege being this heavy, it's unnatural for her to be left alone like this. It's possible she's been left as hero bait.
Ryekie: B-but we can't just leave her alone, right?
Roiker: W-well, yes but...
Santetsu: (frowns and looks at the lost girl with mixed emotions)
MC: Oh no, another explosion!

The building near the girl starts crumbling!
Girl: Aah!
The girl falls down and rubble starts falling near her!

Ryekie: No!
Huckle: RYEKIE!
A sign falls where the girl was, but Ryekie manages to diving save her!

Ryekie: You okay!?
Girl: Y-yes, thank you...
Ryekie: Good. But why are you here alone?
Girl: ...um, I was staying in a hotel, but the hotel fell down. Mommy and Daddy told me to run, but I lost them somewhere along the way...
Ryekie: ...oh, that's terrible. You're okay now, I--
Evil Ninja: LOOK, IT'S ZAP THE JUSTICE!
Ryekie: Oh no!

Evil Ninjas start converging!
Danzo: Shit's bad guys! Tons incoming from all directions! We'll never get out if they keep coming!
MC: OH NO / Ugh, I guess we have to fight!
Huckle: ...no other choice. Ryekie and I will hold the line here. I promise we'll catch up, so all of you take MC and run!
Akashi: But!
Huckle runs off towards Ryekie.

Exio: I'll go too. Two heroes alone won't help anything.
Roiker: Exio, you too!?
Exio: ...that girl reminds me of Melide. If no one acts, I will. So...I want to thank Justice.
Exio runs over and transforms Ryekie and Huckle!
Danzo: Live feed is on! Now they HAVE to break through! If they lose sight of things they'll get stomped!
Roiker: ...we'll just have to believe. It hurts to divide our forces like this.
MC: We're LEAVING them!? / But...! / Can they do this!?

Akashi: ...he really is a natural hero. I couldn't come to a decision then...I can't waste their efforts. I'm gonna protect MC no matter what and get us out of here.
Santetsu: ...I also want to personally give Justice my respects. Whenever I see a child all alone, I'm reminded of my past. So...I want to thank him too for saving her.
Danzo: That's the spirit! Milord, transform me too!
Seiichirou: Right. We are breaking through by force. Don't let your guards down.
The party transforms as Seiichirou holds his hand up.

Danzo: Let's do it! Ready guys!?
Roiker: Of course. I'm barely a hero, but I can fight when I need to.
Akashi: Yeah! Come at me, jerks!
Santetsu: ...same. I'll show that I can help too.

MC gets on Danzo's back at his insistence. Then he immediately runs into the fighting.
Ryekie: JUSTICE PUNNNNCH!
Evil Red: AUGH! DAMMIT!
Evil Blue: Here comes the target! Don't get too distracted by Justice!
Huckle: Don't think it'll be that easy. Adventurer Kick!
Evil Yellow: Wha--AAAAA
Exio: Now!
Evil Purple: Stop them!
Akashi: Back off dillholes!
Seiichirou: MC! We're splitting the commands! Ready!?
MC: Yes! I won't let everyone's hopes go to waste!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

The party minus sub team Ryekie breaks through enemy lines!
Evil Red: There they are! Get them!
Lots of small skirmishes as the party continues running!

Evil Purple: Don't think you'll get away!
The endless battles keep chipping away at the party...

Seiichirou: We haven't even gotten a kilometer away and they still keep coming!
Roiker: Turning our live cameras on and off in this chaos and trying to hide our location cuts down on the VP we can get...how long will we have to keep this up?
Akashi: Quit whining and help fight! They'll surround us again if we--urk!
Santetsu: ...I suppose we are pushing you a lot. Your shoulder movements look unnatural.
Akashi: N-no you aren't! This is nothing!
MC: Akashi, you're hurt!? Don't push yourself!

Akashi: N-nothing you need to worry about! I'm pretty tough, so I won't go down from this!
Danzo: ...this ain't good. They're coming from behind.
Seiichirou: What!? Is it the guys we let go earlier!?
Danzo: Nah, he'd come even if we did let him go. It's gonna be terribad if we get pincered while this tired out.
Akashi: Bad!? What do we do then!?
Evil Green: The target! Hurry, over here!
Seiichirou: ...Danzo. If it comes to it, run from here with MC by yourself. We'll hold them back this time.
MC: NO!

Akashi: ...oh well. That way, MC won't get caught at least.
Santetsu: If Danzo has to protect and escape with MC alone...well it's not that good a plan, but sometimes you just have to make some sacrifices.
Roiker: ...indeed. We might not be able to handle all this by ourselves...hmm?
Roiker's starglobe radar is giving Roiker some surprising info.

Roiker: Enemy numbers are...decreasing?
Akashi: What!? Does that mean Justice and the others are...!?
Roiker: ...no. An enemy is...taking down the other enemies?
MC: What?

Seiichirou: What's going on? Internal discord?
Santetsu: L-look, over there...
Santetsu points to Akashi Alter, incoming!

MC: I-it's him!
Akashi: !! That asshole!
The party readies to fight and Danzo holds tightly to MC. Akashi Alter slowly approaches.

Akashi Alter: ...
But Akashi Alter is holding some steel beam piece over his shoulders and doesn't seem to be coming
to attack the party. He actually walks past the party when he gets close enough. Reaction shots all around!

Akashi: Wha...?
Akashi Alter stops in front of the Evil Ninjas.

Evil Purple: !? What!?
Evil Yellow: Why aren't you capturing them!? And why are you pointing your weapon at us!?
Akashi Alter: ...! Knight of Owner!
Evil Purple: Wha--AAAA
Evil Yellow: What are you--aaaagh!
Double hit!

Akashi: What!?
Seiichirou: Danzo, what's going on!?
Danzo: I-I don't know! This is outside the scope of what I've seen!
Evil Red: HQ! HQ! The new guy betrayed us! We need reinforceme--huh!?
Akashi Alter: Oh it'll be over before they get here. (swings)
Evil Red: OOUGH
Evil Blue: Damn you--WAAGH

MC: WAIT WHAT
Akashi Alter smashes ALL the Evil Ninjas! But none of them can even find the time to get back up to try to fight back.

Roiker: He...saved us?
Santetsu: We can't relax, but...it seems so...
Finally, all Evil Ninjas defeated. Everyone stares in shock. Akashi Alter dumps the steel beam and looks up into the sky, apparently muttering to himself.

Akashi Alter: ...I really WAS off the mark.
End of Episode

1 comment: