Friday, November 25, 2022

Kabukicho Night Festival Episode 1 Part Ellie (Abridged)

Ellie (narrating): That day I became a vampire and not human anymore, became famous, and looked at Tokyo's nightscape from the top of some skyscraper, I could see the light of every corner in this city. I look at that light alone, and it bothers me less than I thought it would when I think about that. I chose to be alone. I don't care about other people, and what other people say doesn't bother me. I thought I'd always be like that and always would be. When that guy who gave me his blood disappeared from this city, I decided I'd start being a queen.
Ellie: Hello, Suzuka? I remember about us going to school together today. Do we meet at the safehouse? Okay, I'll change and meet you there.
Ellie (narrating): The day before the Fes, Suzuka came with me to the school we go to. She knows how much I cut class, so she comes get me when it's important.
Ellie (narrating): So like I'm pretty sure everyone in Tokyo knows me, but I'll introduce myself anyways. I'm Ellie, the girl who walks nighttime Kabukicho alone. You wanna know who says that? Pffft, who cares? I think it's a better catchphrase than calling myself that poor girl who got turned into a vampire. You can take your sympathy and shove it. I be who I want to be, though people who think about hard stuff use different words to describe me.

Later
Suzuka: I gotta stop by the classroom, so can you go on to the clothing room?
Ellie: 'kay. I'll take the clothes with me.
Ellie (narrating): Suzuka and I split off after we got to school. I could hear the other students walking behind me talking about me as I walked down the hall.
Girl A: ...she came. Is it okay for you to not say hi?
Girl B: Ellie? ...aren't you scared too?
Girl A: She never gets close to us even though we go to the same school.
Girl C: Maybe she's afraid of us? ...kidding. No way.
Girl D: She's a high school model. That's amazing, but it feels like she's in a different world from us.
Ellie (narrating): Look at them all pretending to be all casual while they side eye my every move.
Boy A: Man, look at her! Feels like I'll be her slave if I just get near her. Thank you world for letting me see her rare school attendance!
Boy B: You guys don't get it. She's a pitiful girl! She was human and she got bit by a vampire. Gross...

Ellie (narrating): Whenever I come to school, people say things about me. Some nag saw this happening once and started asking me if I was distant with my classmates or if I was happy at school. I just coldly said I didn't care, and it doesn't matter to me if it's true. The more time passed, the more I became more like him, the vampire True Ancestor who sucked my blood and isn't in Tokyo anymore. I remember that he was colder, more beautiful, and more terrifying than anyone. Going by vampire common sense, when he disappeared, their first minion meaning me would be the closest to a True Ancestor. But sometimes I wonder why he picked me. Why me from a first glance?

Suzuka: Sorry Ellie. Ready to begin?
Ellie: I wanna say I can dress myself...but this dress is pretty complicated.
Suzuka: Yeah. I wouldn't be able to look you in the eye if you ruined your one good dress trying to put it on.
Ellie: Yeah...and isn't this dress super awesome? You can just tell by looking and touching it's better than an off the shelf dress.
Suzuka: Wow, you really know your stuff as a model who wore tons of brands. But yeah, that's what makes Arachne's stuff so good. We met over the weirdest thing and now she's gotten so good. I'm proud of her.
Ellie: Nice. Okay help me put it on, Suzuka.
Suzuka: Okay. You're so self-interested, Queen.
Ellie (narrating): That was when there was a voice from somewhere inside the room. I didn't hear it because I was too busy fawning over the dress.

Suzuka: ...Ellie.
Ellie: Huh? What?
Ellie (narrating): Suzuka put her hand on mine to stop me from unbuttoning my blazer. She signaled to a locker in the room with her eyes.
Ellie: (...someone's here?)
Ellie (narrating): Suzuka nodded, then quietly approached the locker. Don't people outside of Kabukicho call our school a haunted house? It isn't, but it is relatively filled with more delinquents. I guess there would be someone who'd try to peep like now.
Suzuka: WHOMST
Sphinx: AAAAAA
Ellie: !!

Suzuka: ...a kid? I honestly thought it was some idiot from our school.
Sphinx: I am NOT a kid or an idiot! (huff) Also I was not surprised by the likes of thee! Mine name is Sphinx. (huff) I descended to this land from (huff) from a pillar of light...
Ellie: You can take the mask off if it's hard on you.
Sphinx: I-I'm thinking of doing that right now! I'm not doing it because you said so! Mgrgrgrgrg...I can't get it off! Even though it got on just fine! Waaah, stop standing there and help me!
Ellie: (stares in vampire)
Ellie: Pow.
Sphinx: AAAAAA
Suzuka: Oh my god Ellie! You okay kid?
Ellie (narrating): All I did was poke him in the forehead, and then the mask cracked in half...is that gold? Do I have to pay damages for this?

Sphinx: FREAK MONSTER STRENGTH! Even pharaohs have some clue about restraint!
Ellie: (stare)
Sphinx: ?
Ellie: oh no he's cute
Sphinx: AAAAAA
Ellie (narrating): It was adoration at first sight
Ellie: Hey, hey. Where'd you come from? What's your name? What do you like? Wannagetlunchwithyourbigsis
Sphinx: HEEEEELP, CREEPY PHARAOH

Ellie: Oh wait are you talking about me? Sorry about breaking your mask. I might have had to cut off your head otherwise.
Sphinx: SHE'S GONNA EAT ME! SOMEBODY SAVE MEEEEE (runs)
Suzuka: Hey wait!
Ellie: Uhh, is that bad? Maybe he was really scared.
Suzuka: I've never seen him before, but maybe he's a new elementary student here. You should apologize if you see him again. I'll let the teachers know later. But let's get back to your dress.
Ellie: ...okay. Let's take a pic after I put it on and send it to everyone in the guild.
Ellie (narrating): Maybe Suzuka and I let our guards down since the Fes was so close. Maybe things wouldn't have happened the way they did if we talked to a teacher right away.
Hallway
Sandayu: Did someone write a curse on the walls or something
End of Episode Part

No comments:

Post a Comment