Friday, November 25, 2022

Kabukicho Night Festival Episode 1 Part Kresnik (Abridged)

Kresnik (narrating): Being a teacher isn't easy, even compared to my old job. I spend every day looking after dumb kids who are too stupid to know what fear is. It's five more days before the School Fes starts at this point, and I'm doing the rounds around the school again.
Boy A: Later, Teacher!
Kresnik: Bye. Do a real greeting tomorrow. Also don't run in the hallways.
Boy B: Sliding's okay then, right!? Bye Krester!
Kresnik: No it wouldn't. How would you even--STOP! ...sigh.
Kresnik (narrating): After I see the kids going home off, I go to the classrooms where the lights are on and students are working on the Fes. I can totally see the traps they set up once I get to the door. If I fall for it, they call me lame. But if I just dodge it, they go boo. Ugh, fine then...

Boy A: Aww, he dodged it! Well I guess it was really obvious.
Kresnik: Haha, yes it was easy to see coming. Even I could--WAAAGH
Kresnik (narrating): Once I avoided the falling blackboard eraser, I intentionally slipped on the banana peel they put down.
Boy A: Yeeees, I win!
Girl B: Dammit, I bet he wouldn't have fallen for something that stupid. Fiiine, what's the deal? Am I buying from the school store or going to a vending machine?
Kresnik: Sheesh, aren't you guys supposed to be busy with getting ready for the Fes?
Kresnik (narrating): Every day I'm always asking myself if I'm doing alright as a teacher for my fellow nightfolk. My eyes have an ability that draws them to vampire True Ancestors, but they can't see an answer to that question. Geez, being a teacher is hard. How am I supposed to connect with them? I spent my whole life up until now hunting nightfolk, and now I have to teach and guide them? I mean I think this way is better, but it still blows up on me a lot. Looking from above, people would say I'm being rebelled against and just sticking my head into needless trouble.

Boy C: Hey don't you need to practice? You're playing in a band for the Fes, aren't you?
Boy D: It's cool, I can play it all blindfolded! Maybe!
Boy E: I'll just say you're working for our classes today. Wasn't he talking about the Fes's purpose or something?
Girl F: We're making the Fes for our sakes! Heh, sounds good huh?
Kresnik (narrating): The Kabukicho students are slowly uniting as they prepare for the festival...or at least it looks that way. Most of them are looking for a sense of belonging and have situations where they can find sympathies that go beyond racial borders. That gives me the sense that this is still having a good influence on them.
Kresnik: Everything seems to be going well...oh, this costume looks impressive.
Girl G: Aww, Nicky! We made it ourselves. Cool, huh!?
Boy D: We can do it if we want to! Well I knew that already but still.

Kresnik: ...well I got a favor to ask of you guys. Listen to me for a second.
Boy H: What's up?
Kresnik: So I mentioned this before, but the acceptance term for the exchange student program has been set. This is very short notice, but we've been informed their first day here will be four days from now.
Not Fergus: But that's the day before the Fes starts! Are they barging in on OUR event!?
Girl G: Nicky I know it's not your fault, but don't stick that on our festival!
Boy D: What the hell are we supposed to do in that little time?
Kresnik (narrating): Most of the students were against it, some were sprawled on the ground, and everyone seemed confused. Kabukicho is filled with people wary of outsiders since so many of them were chased away from other areas. Anything that comes from outside makes them anxious and even more cautious.

Kresnik: I know what you want to say: Kabukicho has its own way of doing things, right? But you guys also say you don't reject anyone coming in. Can you at least take a look at the exchange students come in and then decide how you feel?
Students: ...
Kresnik (narrating): They all looked at each other for a while in silence. Then someone kicked the door open.
Girl K: Hey, sorry I'm late! ...oh god it's tense in here I gotta puts on some music!
valentines.mp3
Not Fergus: ...HAHAHA! God you are ruining the mood here!
Girl K: Hey I can read what's going on! You better thank me for lightening the mood when it gets dark!
Boy D: Sigh...okay I'm calm now. Okay fine Mister, these exchange students can come over.
Kresnik: Oh good! Sorry for the sudden announcement.
Boy I'm Losing Track Now: Hold on, if we're listening to you we're making a deal here.
Kresnik (narrating): He holds up that costume and smiles.
Boy Whoever: The exchange students AND you teachers gotta help us as one of us with the festival!
Kresnik (narrating): And so I went back to the teacher's office with four costumes. I could only smile wryly at how they're always putting me through the wringer.

Kresnik (narrating): Being a teacher is HARD. Just spending a day with students makes me worry about so many things. If they veer off their path, could I bring them back to it? Am I actually able to be a model when I spent so much time hunting people like them? But after being worn down from all the hunting and being called a hero, I got a wish here in Tokyo because of all that fighting. I wanted to protect these children driven to the Sleepless City and their homes, and I swore that on my gun and knife.
Kresnik: A vampire castle lord costume, huh? The irony. Still, it does suit me.
Kresnik (narrating): And now it's suddenly the day before the Fes, and I put on the costume the students gave me. There are no classes today, and I hoped it'd all go smoothly with no incidents.
Sandayu: Krezzy! Something's up, come with me!
Kresnik (narrating): And so Tokyo surprises me again with how experience and common sense mean nothing in an instant.
End of Episode Part

No comments:

Post a Comment