Friday, November 4, 2022

Live A Hero Book 2 Chapter 1 Episode 6: The Assassin from Another World (Abridged)

The next day in Osaka Suminoe Ward, the National Ministry of Defense's office building. The day of the meeting. MC and the others get out of the car and look up at the building.
MC: This is it? I'm getting nervous...
Seiichirou: You can relax a bit. I'll be with you, and I've argued with them tons of times. It's okay to answer that you don't know when you don't. And if you don't want to answer, you can decline. I think I have a good idea as to who is in the Shin Ashihara, so when we go in I'll introduce you to everyone. I'll also tell you who it's okay to answer and who you can not reply to.
MC: O-okay...
Seiichirou: Also, it looks like we can't really have much anyone else besides MC in the meeting. I've talked them into accepting Huckle coming into the room since he's your boss, but everyone else will have to stand by in another room. I've asked Danzo to let you know if anything happens right away.
Exio: Yeah, we can't push too hard in a government facility...and I'm originally an outlaw.
Ryekie: We'll come running if you're in danger!
Akashi: MC, uh... good luck in there. I'll be there if anything happens!
MC: Thanks guys / I-I'll do my best! / This is gonna suck

Huckle: MC, stay by me as much as you can during the meeting. I don't know if it'll reassure you, but... I can at least act as your bodyguard. If you get stuck I'll try to say something, so don't get too worked up.
MC: Yes, Director / I'm counting on you / So you CAN be cool sometimes
---
(C) Huckle: W-what? You could stand to respect me as your boss some more.
---
Seiichirou: Oh right, one more thing. One of my workers is going to be here today. He'll mostly be handling the things I've brought, but if you need anything feel free to ask him for it.
Some guy in a suit walks over.
Huckle: ...isn't he the driver from yesterday?
Seiichirou's Secretary: Yes I also work as his chauffeur. I am Moriguchi, Ministry of Defense Secretary. Pleased to meet you.
MC: N-nice to meet you! / Huh. / Whoa you have your own secretary?
Seiichirou's Chore Boy: Now that that's settled, this way. Everyone on standby, please wait in the lobby until I come lead you to the other room.
And so the party follows Bit Character M.

Later in the upper floors, MC is taken to a fancy meeting room where a bunch of allegedly young men with no portraits come one by one to shake hands with them. Seiichirou whispers a running commentary.
Seiichirou: He's the Defense Department Director. He's cool. The second guy is the National Defense Vice Minister. He's kinda sus. Third guy is the Ministry of Culture and Stuff's parliamentary official. Hugely sus, don't answer any of his questions.
Once the meet and greet is done, the government officials go back to their seats.

MC: There's more of them than I thought. What's wrong with this country?
Seiichirou: I don't blame you for thinking that. It became like this before we knew it. But I've duked it out tons of times in this situation, so I'll back you up perfectly. The meeting is supposed to be three hours long at the latest. If you get stuck, I'll feed you an answer.
When MC looks at Huckle, Huckle silently shows his space smartwatch connected with Ryekie's phone number on the screen.

Huckle: ...I can call them if we need to. If it's a big emergency, you can transform me.
MC: ...okay / (silently nod)
MC then sits down and the interrogation begins.

Elsewhere during the meeting, the rest of the party is in a waiting room.
Akashi: ...I know we have to be ready at all times, but I'm still getting a little bored having to wait three hours.
Exio: That's three hours assuming nothing happens, but that can be fine sometimes. Can't get too worked up.
Ryekie: Standing by is Hero 101! Stay on guard in case of emergencies, and if nothing happens you relax and pull out! Isn't that how hero work goes!?
Akashi: I-I guess...?

Danzo: Hey hey hey, snap to it pal! You know everyone else is in the trenches.
Akashi: I-I know! Wait, where were you and what were you doing? You've been on the line the whole time, but all I heard you do was hum to yourself.
Danzo: Ninja work! I was on alert where I could see them. A window cleaner almost saw me!
Akashi: ...the wind did sound loud, but does that mean you were hanging outside on the windows? We're like 20 floors up!
Danzo: Ninja!
Akashi: O-oh...
Danzo: Oh right, that drink you wanted? I don't think any vending machines in the government office building have any since they're stocked for old people.
Akashi: Seriously? I was wondering why they all had tea and health drinks and crap.
Danzo: Well there is ONE whole machine in here with sodas in it, right by the security guard's office. Better go now if you want one since the meeting is going through materials.
Akashi: Hmm...should I?
Ryekie: Might as well! Who knows how long they'll take?
Akashi: Well okay then. (heads out)

By the guard station
Akashi: Oh hey there really is a vending machine with sodas. Mkay the--what?
Something's next to the guard station. It's a person. Actually it's Akashi Alter who walks out of the guard station!
Akashi: !!
Back upstairs
MC has been asked so many questions in the meeting. Did MC bring back Mt. Fuji? How'd they do it? How'd they get so strong? Can they control themselves? On and on and on, and MC ended up saying "I don't know" to everything. When the questions got more harsh, Seiichirou whispers an answer to MC to make it stop.
Two hours later

Chairman: ...15 minute break.
Everyone starts talking among themselves or getting up to go take care of whatever.

MC: Tired...we still have to keep going?
Seiichirou: They seemed desperate to figure out your secrets. Suckers. But are you okay MC? This will probably go for another hour, so now's your chance to regroup if you need to.
MC: Restroom...
Huckle: Okay, I'll walk you to them just in case.
MC and Huckle go over to the restrooms. When MC is done and comes out, someone else comes over.

Seiichirou's Secretary: Hello MC. Would you like some tea?
MC: Oh, Moriguchi, I think? Thank you.
Moriguchi gives Huckle and MC tea.

Huckle: Thank you, Moriguchi. You've been in the meeting with us the whole time too, haven't you?
Seiichirou's Secretary: Yes, I have to aid Mr. Seiichirou. I'm used to it. Are you okay? I doubt you've been in meetings this long before.
MC: Ehh. Tired from being asked so many questions.

Seiichirou's Secretary: ...of course. Very few of Japan's government officials know much about Observers. Mr. Seiichirou was heavily questioned before since he's an Observer as well.
Huckle: Oh...Earth doesn't have that many people who understand yet, right?
Seiichirou's Secretary: Yes, those with no skills or talents have no knowledge at all. They see them as some mystery that came along with aliens... That's why we all want to know so desperately.
MC: ...what?
Seiichirou's Secretary: Yes...you might have the power to change this country. Many people want to know...many hope you will help.
Huckle: ...Moriguchi?
Seiichirou's secretary glares at Huckle before taking a step towards MC.

MC: U-uh...

Seiichirou's Secretary: Hail Ashihara. All them aliens messing up our country and stealing jobs. You'll help of course, even though there's like half a chance you aren't human either right?
Huckle: !!
Evil Blue: OOF
Huckle suddenly kicked out behind him and knocks out a mob who popped out! Except there are suddenly a bunch of evil ninjas surrounding him and MC!

MC: Oh no!
Huckle: MC, get behind--
Seiichirou's Secretary: No wait we can't have that.
A mob jumps in between MC and Huckle.

Seiichirou's Secretary: So MC, your answer?
MC: Uhh...
Seiichirou's Secretary: Answer me now! Come with us quietly or we will take you with us!

Seiichirou: MORIGUCHI!
Seiichirou's Secretary: S-Sir--OUGH
Seiichirou lays out his secretary with one kick to the back!

Seiichirou: Danzo!
Danzo: Got it! Emergency escape!
Danzo has crashed in through a window in hero mode.

Seiichirou: Director Huckle, will you help me!?
Huckle: Yes!
Seiichirou transforms Huckle. Huckle jumps up and...

Huckle: Rider Kick!
Evil Green: AUGH
Huckle KOs an evil ninja trying to sneak up on MC!

Huckle, Danzo, and Seiichirou encircle MC. The mobs kick the secretary out of the way and approach.
Seiichirou: It's always darkest at your feet, isn't it? I can't believe Moriguchi was with them... My apologies MC. I tried to protect you but put you in danger.
Huckle: Save your regrets for later. We need to get MC away from here.
Seiichirou: Yes, of course. Danzo, take MC and get out. It's my fault we are in this position, so I will hold them back.
Huckle: I'll stay too. It's reckless for you to fend all them off alone. We'll regroup with MC and everyone else when we find an opening to escape.
Seiichirou: Very well, no objections. Danzo!
Danzo: Yes Milord! Okay, hang on tight MC! (scoops MC up)
MC: Whoa! / Wait, how are we getting out! / omg you're so buff
Danzo runs and slips past the mobs, and Huckle kicks the lights of pursuing mobs one by one. Danzo then gets to a 20th floor window.
MC: ...wait
Danzo: Wind's rough out there, so don't get blown away!
And then suddenly Danzo jumps outside with MC and drops down.

MC: AAAAAA
Danzo: It's okay, I'm a pro ninja!
CRASH

MC: I-I'm alive...what's up with your body??
Danzo: Heh, that's a secret...hm?
Akashi (in hero mode): MC get out of here!
MC: wait what
Lightning gets shot towards MC and Danzo, but Danzo dodges the attack!

Danzo: WAIT WHAT
MC and Danzo look at the direction the lightning came from.

Akashi: Damn these guys!
It's Akashi Alter in hero mode.

MC: I-it's him!
Akashi Alter has something wrapped around a street sign, which he then points at the party.

Akashi Alter: ...someone new. You got another Operator?
That is totally Akashi's voice, if slightly more hoarse. Also he has Evil Ninjas around him.

Akashi Alter: So you came out yourself. Convenient. I thought this hardline plan was a terrible one, but whatever helps with my own goal. Everything works out as long as I can get MC. Now gimme them.
MC: ...!
Ryekie: For the third time, never!
Akashi: Yeah! I'll hang on and never let go!
Akashi Alter: ... (looks like he hasn't heard what Akashi and Ryekie said)
Exio: MC I know this is sudden, but can you help? He's been trying to end this fight by going after Operators. Akashi and Justice have been a little hamstrung trying to stop him. He hasn't tried to avoid taking damage, so making him flinch isn't going to work. And if I can't concentrate on which hero to operate, we can't get past him.
Akashi Alter: ...hmph.
Akashi Alter does have signs of being hit by Akashi and Ryekie's attacks, but apparently is either avoiding serious damage or ignoring anything less than that.

Akashi: That guy's been using everything around him as a weapon when something from his suit wraps around it! What kind of Parallel Weapon is that!?
Ryekie: Probably the type where his suit unravels and wraps around something else to control it! I can't get a read on it, but we can't worry about it!
Danzo: What do you want to do, MC? I won't stop you, whatever it is. I'll just put everything I've got into keeping you safe.
MC: ...okay! I'm not sure about this though!
Exio: Thank you. And as a reminder, he's strong. His "nature" has been different from everything else we've fought until now. Stay focused.
Akashi Alter looks so baffled and disgusted with Akashi.

Akashi Alter: ...if I were you I'd never have accepted this happening...whatever, put 'em up. We just have our own goals to fulfill.
Akashi: !? What--
Ryekie: Here he comes! Akashi, get ready!
BATTLE START

1 comment:

  1. its kinda hard to understand and imagine the scene yet... but the more i read the more curious i got..

    ReplyDelete