Friday, November 25, 2022

Kabukicho Night Festival Episode 1 Part You (Abridged)

A few days after MC was picked to go on the student exchange program. Some host club Tsukuyomi invited MC to.
Tetsugyuu: Welcome, Boss! Wow you really came! Tell me if you're gonna go out in town so I can come with!
Ibaraki: Tetsuya's gonna yell again if you do. MC isn't really one of us Outlaws. And Senpai? You gotta follow our rules if you're gonna stay on our turf. I'm your kouhai at Shinkuku, but here I'll be the big guy who'll show you the ways of--
Suzuka: Yeah sure whatever, calm down Ibaraki. MC's the Emperor's guest and still an outsider, not a freeloader underling you can lord over. And MC, you need to understand this too if you're staying in Kabukicho. Got it?
MC: Hi Tetsugyuu! / I'll follow you, Big Bro Ibaraki! / Should I call you Sis then, Suzuka?
(A) Tetsugyuu: Yeah! Man, maybe I'll get picked to go on an exchange program too? I think I'll ask Gang Leader Sanat Kumara and student council Sanmoto tomorrow!
Ibaraki: ...you don't get it? Fine, I'll explain it to you again.
(B) Ibaraki: Oh my god you can't just call me that! You have to call someone as great as Shuten that!
Suzuka: Come on, you can just show off your good side here too then, right?
(C) Suzuka: Y-you idiot! Don't go dissing me during your exchange student stay! But if you're going to go that far, I'll just have to watch over you!
Tetsugyuu: But I wanted to take care of the boss!

Tsukuyomi: Aww, I'm so happy everyone is opening up to you so fast, MC.
Lots of the Outlaws have come to welcome Tsukuyomi and MC. And then there's Tetsuya to the side making a face.
Tetsuya: ...what's so great about this? Even Suzuka is jumping for joy, god.
Ellie: Tetsuya you always act like a thug, but you never loosen up.
Tsukuyomi: Oh no Queen, it's because we got someone like Tetsuya around that we can do what we want.
Tetsuya: (sigh) Well thanks for giving a mutt like me the annoying work that suits me. And if you really are thankful for me, you could stand to work more since you're the boss.
Tsukuyomi: Boys, can you pass out drinks to everyone? We should have a toast with MC here.
Ellie: I'mma go on a walk, leave mine on the table.
Tetsuya: Goddammit.

Gyoubu: Now now, Onogami you can let it go for today. Customers and guests like it better when things are more relaxed. I'll take patrol for the day, so please watch over everyone in the club.
Gyoubu walks out, and MC then walks up to Tetsuya.

MC: I'll be in your care for now / Sorry for the trouble / So we good now?
(A) Tetsuya: I don't look after people who aren't paying. It's Tsukuyomi who had your room set up. Just go to school like a good kid and there'll be less problems going around.
(B) Tetsuya: Yeah, this is a huge pain in the ass and you got balls to come anyway...but if you're gonna be that compliant, I can at least treat you as a customer.
(C) Tetsuya: Did you not get yet that you piss me off acting that way? You're still gonna be an outsider here, and the town won't like you as long as you're part of some other guild. You could at least stop barging through the front door like you own the place, god.

Tetsuya: Come on, stop bothering with me, take your drink, and go back to everyone else. (takes two drinks from a coming mobster and gives one to MC)
Tsukuyomi: Everyone have a drink? My treat today, so please get along with my guest. To Kabukichi's development, the Outlaws's future, and our guest. Cheers.
And so the calm welcoming party went on into the night as MC's Kabukicho life began.
The next day

MC: I should wake up Tsukuyomi up soon / I should've napped too / Time to go to school...
---
(A) MC goes into Tsukuyomi's room and shakes him.
Tsukuyomi: ...hrmmm? Is it time to go? Yawn...
---
Once Tsukuyomi is up, MC gets ready. Then they picked up some clothes in the corner that Tsukuyomi had talked about last night.
MC: I have to wear this? Why?

Later
Fortuneteller Tsukuyomi: Oh, have you changed too MC? It looks like we have matching costumes.
MC: You look great! / You always look good in anything / Are you a wizard?
---
(A) Tsukuyomi: Thanks. Heh, you look great too. I'm glad we happened to get matching costumes.
---
Tsukuyomi: Kresnik-sensei gave me these clothes and told me the idea was that I'd be a fortune teller in a vampire's castle. He wanted us to come to school dressed for the Fes starting tomorrow. I suppose it's meant to show us positively participating in the festival despite being outsiders?
MC: Huh...? Am I not welcome? / I like this.
(AB) Tsukuyomi: Remember what Kabukicho people are like. They never like anyone at first brush. This is the same thing. Everyone who comes here has been hurt, and that includes the school. But relax. Suzuka, Ellie, and I can come help if anything happens.
(C) Tsukuyomi: Haha, you don't fear anything ever, do you? Maybe you'll fit in better at the school than I will.

Tsukuyomi: ...you know, a fortuneteller fits me so well, even if this is just a costume.
MC: What's the connection? Can you tell fortunes? / Can people from Takamagahara tell fortunes?
---
(AB) Tsukuyomi: I've learned a lot of things to entertain my guests. I don't know much about divination, but I'm interested in simple fortune telling at least.
(C) Tsukuyomi: I could do anything for you...kidding. But life took me around so I know about Wa no Kuni's sukuyoudo astrology and Tokyo's astrology. It's only dabbling though, just good enough for entertaining guests and some other things.
---
Tsukuyomi: If you're interested, I could show you sometime. (checks the time) It's about time we go. Ready? There's no class today, but it'd be better if we didn't get off on the wrong foot by being late.

Later
Tsukuyomi: Hmm, it's hard going around wet streets in this outfit. Or maybe I should consider us lucky that the rain stopped when it was time for us to go to school? Now how about we go over what we talked about the other day? Kabukicho Academy is holding a festival starting tomorrow, and the Queen has told me the theme is a castle a vampire lives in. That'd make us fortune tellers the vampire invited over. We weren't told to act in particular way, so I guess it's fine for us to treat it like one big costume party?
MC: How about we set up a fortune telling booth? / Is Ellie dressing up? / Are only some of the students dressing up?
---
(A) Tsukuyomi: Ooh, nice idea. I'll think about it if the students accept us.
(BC) Tsukuyomi: Secret~.
---
Tsukuyomi: Oh right, the Outlaws said they'd come on the day the Fes starts.

Meanwhile at Kabukicho
Sphinx: Waaah! My power won't work and some crazy strong pharaoh smashed my mask! And what the hell is this tablet thingy!?
Sphinx is wandering in the school grounds fiddling with his free phone.

Sphinx: Wow, it's like the ocean is spreading here. Is it all the rain? It's been raining all day after the sun came up. I'm glad I found that school store thing that had food inside that temple though...but I haven't found anyone from Aaru so far. Is there anyone like that here in Tokyo...?
Sphinx loses interest in the phone and thinks back on what's happened so far. He's lost and seen all sorts of new races, but none with features he recognized. The only one he feels a connection to was the one they called Queen.
In Aaru, pharaohs are people with a specific duty chosen directly by the World Representative. If they exist inside temples, then Tokyo must have a similar faith to Aaru. Or at least that's what Sphinx thinks from what he's seen. But again, Sphinx hasn't met anyone he feels like they also came from Aaru, and he worries he might be here alone in some strange place.

Sphinx: ...ugh, I should stop thinking about things that aren't even assumptions. Anyways, how do I get my power back? OOF!
Sphinx bumps into MC.

MC: Sorry, you okay?
Sphinx: Ow. No, I should apologize. Wait, I dropped that tablet thingy!
MC: (looks around) What's it look like? Is it the thing Tsukuyomi caught?
Tsukuyomi: ...I see. You call this a tablet? I'm glad I caught it before it fell into a puddle. Did you just get summoned to Tokyo? (gives back phone)
Sphinx: Y-yes...wait, you know what this is!?
Tsukuyomi: Yep. Pretty much every Transient in Tokyo knows what it is. And people with the App on their phones, right MC?
MC: Don't look at ME! / Yep. Want me to teach you?
(A) Tsukuyomi: Whoops, I'm in the habit of leaving a lot of tasks to my guildmates. But you were thinking you can't just leave this boy alone now, right?

Sphinx: Really!? Okay, tell m--I MEAN I'll figure it out if you tell me how it works! But I can hear you out if you wanna show me!
MC: (teach him) / I'll show you if you let me pet you
---
(B) Sphinx: Wat. We literally just met! Are you as stupid as Seth!? You probably won't understand, but that's a huge diss right there. I'll think about letting you pet me if you grovel and lick my feet though. If not, then get lost. I'll let you go if you leave with your tail between your legs!
Tsukuyomi: Aww, that's too bad. I hear MC's petting has the mysterious magic touch to it.
Sphinx: GASP! Y-you're just trying to bait me! Whatever, just tell me how this phone? thingy works already!
---
MC teaches Sphinx how to use the phone and the app and also a simple explanation of the worlds and Transients.
Sphinx: ...oh, so this app is translating for us. Dunno who made it, but I guess that's how Tokyo keeps orderly with all these world connections. And I can use the phone to talk to or send messages to people far away. Cool!

Tsukuyomi: Wow, I'm surprised at how much you gleaned from that little explanation.
Sphinx: Ha! My brain's on another level compared to your trash brains! But still, thanks about the app and phone stuff. Oh right I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Sphinx, from Aaru.
Tsukuyomi: I'm Tsukuyomi. I'm from Takamagahara even though I'm dressed like this.
MC: I'm MC.
Sphinx: Cool, I guess I can be friends with you guys! (swaggers as he puts his hand out to shake MC's)
Sphinx: !! What just happened? I thought I felt something bad...maybe I imagined it?
Tsukuyomi: ...
Sphinx: Whoops, gotta go! See ya after I test something out! (runs off)
Tsukuyomi: Hey wait, didn't he just run into the school? Didn't he just transfer worlds?
MC: Did he come because of some process? / Yeah actually...is he an intruder?
---
(A) Tsukuyomi: Maybe, but would he really come here alone knowing so little of Tokyo?
---
Tsukuyomi: Running around isn't my thing, but I think we should go after him. Okay the--!?
MC: Wait what's this light!?
Elsewhere like a minute ago

Sphinx: Okay, here we go now. Redacted Invocation activate!
All the hieroglyphs power up, causing the school to overlap with some other world's scenery.

End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment