Friday, November 25, 2022

Kabukicho Night Festival Episode 1 Part Sandayu (Abridged)

Sandayu: ...Krezzy why are we here?
Kresnik: We're at the park because it was your idea that we eat and talk.
Sandayu: You coulda at least picked somethin' classier like an oden stall by the train tracks! And after all my help with markin' your students' homework. (sighs and grabs some convenience store finger food)
Kresnik: You're always playing dumb. You know this is safer, Sensei.
Sandayu: !!
Sandayu: Heh. Guess ya know me too well from all the times we fought in our old jobs.
Sandayu (narrating): We're on some bench in the park with no visual cover nearby and bushes kinda far away, so we can see anyone comin' and nothin' to be used against us. Nice wind, no foot traffic. Just two teacher pals gabbin' in the night! And we talkin' about that exchange student thing because of course we are!

Sandayu: So I thought those big three guilds were pullin' somethin' with this program, but it turns out only one of the big bosses from the guilds (Yoritomo) put this up. The REAL plan with this thing is for him to send out his own pawns wherever with no problems to spy. But then again you gotta be a bigwig with pawns to throw to use the program this way to begin with.
Kresnik: Seems to have been made insubstantial of concrete evidence because of interference from other guilds. I've tried looking into this exchange's details, but there's no signs of a third party intervening in Shinjuku or Kabukicho. For now it doesn't seem to be a guild war thing. Maybe the native upper admins are just using it since it's there.
Sandayu: Checks out with what I've found out.
Kresnik: Yes, it should be fine to judge this to be low risk. The students can enjoy their Fes without issues. Now we just have to worry about how the students will react to the exchange students... So anyways Sensei, thanks for supporting our students. Don't go overboard.
Sandayu: wait what

Kresnik: Well you know a bit more than me, so I'll be counting on you.
Sandayu: Welp, changin' things around to fit the situation and blend into the background is my best specialty!
Kresnik: Like how you sometimes call yourself an old man? You talk a little different now than when we fought before.
Sandayu: Hell's bells you noticed, Krezzy!? ...well, it'sa way to compartmentalize being a cool teacher at Kabukicho from being undercover.
Kresnik: You're suited for teaching and I'm not. Jealous.
Sandayu: Whoa Krezzy
Kresnik: I'm...tired of my old bloody life, so I thought about trying out a more peaceful life. I wanted to try teaching, guiding, and living with my brethren's children, but unfortunately I'm not...never mind actually.

Sandayu (narrating): A role sticks with you in this world, whether you cut it off or not. Anyways I'm Momochi Sandayu. I know who's worth knowin', and I'm the great teacher of the Iga Ninja Corps. I trained up a lot of students and sent them off, so I guess I am kinda suited to teach. It's why I kept being a teacher as a cover when I came to Tokyo. But Krezzy...what I taught were the ninja ways of doing things and survival tricks for getting through the Sengoku period. You had to know how to play dirty to be good, even with your students and teachers. It's why I thought always thought my students would turn on me someday.
Sandayu: So Krezzy...I can't believe a word of what ya say about living together with them. Not that I'll say that to your face. But you probably--never mind. Anyways, I just gotta use my skills to make my livin' here in Tokyo!
Sandayu (narrating): Bein' a teacher's just a job ta me. I'll take on any dirty job to make some money!

Later
Sandayu: ...what the hell am I wearin'!? Wha...? You got forced by the students to wear something too? But yer just tellin' me to shut up and wear this thing the whole Fes!
Sandayu (narrating): It's been days since the park talk and now the day before the Fes, and here I am puttin' on some dumb costume that's funnier than a three dollar note. Damn, these cute little jerks here sure know how ta pull the teachers into their crap.
Boy A: Wow you look great in that costume, Sandayu!
Boy B: I wanna see, I wanna see! ...It's so true!
Girl C: omg what genius put that costume together!?
Boy D: Good, looks it's fine even when you move in it. We made it with techniques from our home world! It's light, huh? It's not much as actual armor, but it's just for show right?

Girl E: You look just like a dullahan, Sandayu!
Sandayu: STOP CALLING ME BY NAME! Wait, you made this by hand? Holy crap in a flapjack! Dullahans are those headless knights from Tir na Nog, right? Hmm... okay, Sensei's gonna catch ya slippin' if you don't watch out during the Fes!
Girl E: It's hilarious how much more you're into this than us! Keep it up tomorrow!
Sandayu (narrating): We joked some more, then the students went back to the classroom while I went down the hallway. Gettin' along is part of work, and getting along pays. I am totally not makin' excuses...he says to no one in particular. Whatever, time to keep patrollin'. No classes today, but I should still do last minute checks and take attendance.

Sandayu: Man, the students sure are clever. They didn't really need to decorate much to make this place look like an old fashioned manor or castle. They even set the mood up by putting graffiti on the walls an--wait what?
Sandayu (narrating): There's something written in small giving off this weird vibe. Reminds me of stuff from my home world.
Sandayu: ...ain't this a curse o' some kind? Who'd do that?
Sandayu (narrating): I hurried back to the teacher's office tell Krezzy, and I saw those curse things a buncha times along the way.
Elsewhere

Kresnik: ...did an intruder get in? But when did they do this? I didn't see anything like this yesterday.
Sandayu: Maybe the conditions kicked in for the curse to start today. I've seen these marks before... (remembers) Aaru has these two different sets of scripts, one for everyday use and one for rituals and spells. I can't READ them, but I think the second one was called hieroglyphs...
Sandayu (narrating): And then suddenly the place shook in a way not like an earthquake and there was light everywhere.
End of Episode Part

1 comment: