Friday, November 25, 2022

Kabukicho Night Festival Episode 1 Part Tsukuyomi (Abridged)

Tsukuyomi (narrating): You wanna know why I shine? To light you up, baby! This place is just a stage on the play of life, and I am your spotlight. You can shine brighter, you know. I'm here to show you that. It's hard being out there, isn't it? Lemme dry your tears! It's just you and me here, in a special place meant to make you glow. Look at the audience seats, look at how my shadow hides who's there. Over there are spectators and not spectators, and over here are people on stage and people who aren't. Now that we've split them up, let's begin with our story.
Present

Tsukuyomi (narrating): Hmm, maybe my big entrance with my cheerleader hype men was too much for my kouhais. Then again, I half look like my famous little brother from my old world like this, so I can't help it if it oozes charm, hehe.
Shirou: Umm...are you going as an exchange student too then?
Tsukuyomi: Yep. I'm the third years' representative. What a coincidence that they picked me of all people since I'm famous there.
Kengo: WTF is going on anymore!?
Ryouta: But wouldn't it be better for MC to have someone who's familiar with Kabukicho along?
Tsukuyomi: Haha, I thought the same thing as you Kengo. So blunt and straightforward. And thanks for your vote of confidence Ryouta.
Tsukuyomi (narrating): Oh MC's friends are talking so happily together. Far as I can remember, Touji and Moritaka are included this time too. My Pillar can only hold happy memories though.

Later
Tsukuyomi: So yeah, Shinjuku got notice of the exchange program the other day haha!
Tetsuya: THAT'S why you called us over for all of a sudden?
Ibaraki: Is this gonna affect Kabukicho the city much?
Tetsugyuu: Hey, does that mean Boss is gonna be a Kabukicho guy? Aww yeah! I wish I could've been exchanged from Umamichi to here so we could rumble every day!
Suzuka: ...well that wouldn't have changed much anyway. Kabukicho Academy's a school for strays. Not a welcoming place for outsiders, especially so close to the Fes. You know it'll be bad if you or MC slip up even once, right Emperor?
Ellie: Shleeep...
Suzuka: Stop yawning and snap to it, Ellie. Oh right, where are we gonna keep MC?

Tetsuya: Just put them on some sofa of some shop that's open during the day.
Suzuka: They're a guildmaster you idiot. They'll get attacked if we don't put them somewhere good enough! And then we'll get a war in West Shinjuku! I'll take on any fight, but don't go picking one, jackass. And we have plenty of people we can't just let be seen too.
Marchosias: ...thank you for your consideration. So what now?
Tsukuyomi: Weeeell, I've been thinking of putting MC in one of our guild safehouses.
Reaction shot
Tsukuyomi: I can't decide that alone, which is why I wanted to gather everyone together.
Tetsugyuu: Oh! Well obviously I--
Tetsuya: Slow down you. You have to think about it with a cool head as a Kabukicho citizen.
Tsukuyomi (narrating): Ahh Tetsuya, there you go again. Always thinking of keeping Kabukicho safe.

Tetsuya: Tsukuyomi, it sounds to me like you wanna accept an outsider for personal reasons. Are you trying to bug us into accepting them?
Tsukuyomi (narrating): Hmm, what do I say? He's right though. It IS true I want to accept MC for personal reasons this time, but...
Gyoubu: Sheesh. Tsukuyomi, shouldn't you tell us what's on your mind more? Maybe Tetsuya would agree to your suggestions then.
Kresnik: ...you're doing this for the guild, right?
Tsukuyomi (narrating): I smiled at how right I was to call Kresnik here. He's a Kabukicho teacher, which led to us all agreeing to him joining the guild too.
Tsukuyomi: Bingo, Kresnik! I can't give a detailed explanation though. Or more accurately I don't know it myself.
Shino: You don't have a memory of it?
Tsukuyomi (narrating): Convenient timing! Wow I'm always being helped by the adults. Maybe if we had adults around back when us siblings were...oops I'm getting off track.

Tsukuyomi: Well guys, like my name means, I'm the Moon Reader here to shine a light on the guild's path. I won't say I see everything that happens, but I can see it. You can read up all sorts of futures from the world's history, and from the compiled traces of the past on the moon. That said, all I can read are things that I personally find happy. I always do my best to tell you all these things, but I totally should be able to see what would happen if MC were attending Kabukicho. But the future's all clouded up.
Marchosias: ...meaning, there's something uncertain your reading can't see?
Tsukuyomi (narrating): Everyone started looking at each other when I nodded to Marchosias.
Tsukuyomi: Based on what little I can see, if something happens it'll happen because of me, MC, or something that happens at Kabukicho Academy. There's little basis to go off though...which is why I'd like to keep MC nearby for personal reasons.

Tetsuya: You indirect ass. If you're doing this for the guild, then I don't need to butt in. I'll just follow along and you do whatever.
Tsukuyomi: Heh, thanks Tetsuya. You never give your honest answers, do you? But I like that you take it upon yourself to butt in when it's hard to cut into things.
Tsukuyomi (narrating): Since we both know MC, I doubt there'd have been a problem if we agreed on the two answers. And Tetsuya gave his frank advice about not letting the guild be used in ways beyond its original goal. He probably thinks if things don't go through the right way, we might lose sight of our goal. It's cute how he looks so calm but is the most passionate about it.
Tsukuyomi: So is everyone okay with this?
Tsukuyomi (narrating): Everyone nodded.
Tsukuyomi: Thanks. I'll bring MC over tomorrow then.
Tsukuyomi (narrating): And so we all went back to do our own things until someone called out to me.
Kresnik: Wait, I need to talk to you.
Tsukuyomi: ...oh, Kresnik?
Kresnik: I'm sorry to ask this of you after the selections were just made, but...
Tsukuyomi (narrating): And now we move on to the day me and MC arrive at Kabukicho. I wonder if I'll remember anything here?
End of Episode Part

No comments:

Post a Comment