Friday, November 25, 2022

Kabukicho Night Festival Episode 1 Part Sphinx (Abridged)

The light dies down.
Sphinx: ...where am I? Why am I here?
Strange plants! Roads made of not rocks! Obelisk-like buildings with holes of light! A pool surrounded by rocks! An oasis?
Sphinx: Who am I? Oh wait I know. I'm Sphinx, the one who sees the sun off in Aaru. But how and why am I here?
Sphinx (narrating): I ponder my memory loss while approaching that oasis thing.
Sphinx: This oasis is weird. There's lots plants and trees but only this much water?
Sphinx (narrating): The sky is dark. Must be night. No water clock to tell time though. Lights too bright to see the stars too. No pyramids around, and nothing that looks like a shrine.
Sphinx: (frown)
???: ROOOOARRR
Sphinx (narrating): A wild animal just roared behind me! There's something huge beyond the bushes coming this way!
Sphinx: NOOOOO
Sphinx (narrating): I can win against it in a contest of wits, but I can't win in a fight since I'm a shrimp! At least it's still bright out at night. Run towards the light!

Later
Sphinx: wheeeze Did I lose it? I hope I did.
Sphinx (narrating): I don't remember where I went, but I came to this one building by slipping through an iron fence. I tried pushing a door and it just opened up. Then it started raining so I ran inside.
Sphinx: Huh. Lots of people here, and lots of races I never seen before.
Sphinx (narrating): Nobody looks violent right now, but I can't assume they're friendly either. I'd better hide and watch for now. Most of them are sitting in chairs looking at some open book while one other person is talking to them.
Sphinx: A priest and servants? Is this a shrine then? Whatever, there's lots of people here so this place is fine. Better find a good place while they're focused on whatever ritual they're doing.
Sphinx (narrating): I slip out while no one is looking and look around. Then I find an empty, dark room.

Sphinx: Hehehe...let's get started!
Sphinx (narrating): I point to the sky and send the pen between my wings to float in the air...
Sphinx: ...uh?
Sphinx (narrating): ...but nothing happened. I touched my wings with the back of my hand wondering if I lost them.
Sphinx: No, I still have them. Ugh, fine I'll just write on the walls.
Sphinx (narrating): Back in my home world, I could make my pen move and write in the air with my mind.
Sphinx: Okay, done writing! Time to make my playground!
Sphinx (narrating): ...I said, standing on the biggest desk in the room. That'll turn this place into my temple so I can play games with these people! Also I pulled out the mask I hid somehow and put it on.
Sphinx: The sand of mine sanctuary is at mine feet, now fulfill my wish!
Sphinx:
Sphinx: NOTHING'S HAPPENING!

Sphinx (narrating): If I put my seal on an area, I can change an area into a sanctuary you can't leave without fulfilling conditions I set up. I'm doing it like I always do, but something weird about Tokyo is making it not happen.
Sphinx: Godsdammit, I'll just have to try it somewhere else!
Sphinx (narrating): Back then I didn't know anything about Tokyo, so I didn't know there were conditions to using my powers now. I just kept scrawling on everything everywhere. Maybe if I kept my cool I'd have realized earlier that I had some tablet thing on me when I picked up my mask. Free phones apparently!
???: Queen, you are so self-interested.
Sphinx: There are pharaohs in Tokyo!?
Suzuka: WHOMST
Sphinx: AAAAAA
Sphinx (narrating): And that's how this incident started the day before this Fes ritual thing.
End of Episode Part

No comments:

Post a Comment