Friday, March 4, 2022

Live A Hero Chapter 5 Episode 6: Dreaming Maiden (Abridged)

Crowne Alter: Die assholes, die!
Monster Procy: Graah!
Akashi: Whoa! These things are fast!
Ryekie: Guess we should expect as much from a Monster mimicking Procy!
Mokdai: Our attacks are working! Look!
Monster Gomeisa is experiencing high server load. Please try again later.
Toshu: Sword Samurai X!
Monster Gomeisa: REEEEEE (falls over)
Shoen: Is it dead yet?
Monster Gomeisa: BeeEEeeeEeeP
Kyoichi: ...nope!

Crowne Alter: Move you goddamn piece of shit! (holds a hand towards the Monster and shoots a light at it)
Monster Gomeisa: BwOoOOP
Crowne Alter: (hit with a backlash that causes them to seize up) The consequences of my own actions!
MC: What just happened!?
Melide: They sent power to the Monster, or more accurately fixed its damage. By using themselves as a key to open the Path, they also tie the Monster's body to hyperspace. However, the Monster looks like it can't withstand it, so the power starts leaking out like water poured into a broken glass.

Barrel: Didn't that Monster eat all the guards here?
Furlong: Does that mean...it didn't actually do that?
Monomasa: ...to be precise, what Monsters use as energy is the amount of Cognition the people and things they eat have. However, it takes a large amount of energy for them to trace and hold the form of specific people. Keeping a steady supply of energy requires the Monster to both feed and the power of an Observer. If the Observer is unstable, then the form will collapse soon after.
Victom: So it's already falling apart.
Exio: Yes, and the power that couldn't be sent to it rebounds on the Observer. If the balance between the width of the Path, the energy being sent through, and the Observer's control is disrupted, the Observer themselves could get swallowed up by the Path. If that isn't addressed, only the Path will remain.

Gammei: What does that mean?
Exio: It would be the same as a spaceship having a hole punched in it while out in space. So, a black hole that sucks everything into it.
MC: OH NO
Crowne Alter: Move, you...goddamn...PIECE OF SHIT
Monster Gomeisa: SCREEEEE
Crowne Alter: AAAAAHHHHH
MC: Stooop!

Crowne: ...this bitch...
Sui: Wait, what? Crowne!?
Crowne Alter: Shut the fuck up! Nobody orders me around! I decide how my life goes! I hate you more than I hate myself, so I'll never...what?
Crowne: ...just stop.
MC: No Crowne get away from them!
Crowne Alter: ...what? Did you come to get your dumb ass ganked by me?
Crowne: ...you lost your dream and any way to validate yourself. You're lashing out, despairing because of that, right?

Crowne Alter: SHUT UP YOU DON'T KNOW ME
Crowne: I'm you and you're me, so I have an idea. I know if things were different, I could've been you. It was back then, at that one time. Wasn't it?
Crowne Alter: ...and what if it was, dipshit? You saying you sympathize? Shove it up your ass! You don't have much of a dream anymore either!
Crowne: ...I do actually.
Crowne Alter: ...what?

Crowne: It's so ironic that you're the reason I remembered what it is. I thought about why you existed, and that made me realize I still have a dream. I never lost it to begin with. I just had no one to understand it, so I shut it away instead.
Crowne Alter: Shut up. Shut up shut up shut up! YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP WE DON'T HAVE A DREAM! DON'T YOU TALK ABOUT THE DREAM I HAD AS A GIRL!
Crowne Alter throws themselves at Crowne.
Crowne: !!
Mokdai: No! Mokdai Block! (knocks Crowne Alter away, then scoops up Crowne and carries her back to where MC is)
Mokdai: That was crazy!
MC: What were you thinking!?

Crowne: ...sorry, I just wanted to check something. I know what I need to do now.
Mokdai: What's that?
Crowne: I need to finish what "I" started. I have to tell them something. That I have a dream, and that I'll keep their memory with me. It's something I have worth fighting for.
Phone: BEEP BEEP New Path detected. Subject: Crowne Strength: Very High
MC: !
Crowne: MC. You asked me the other night about whether I had a dream. I couldn't give you an answer then since I had lost sight of it myself. I gave up on it. I had a professor who understood my dream and helped me, which did move me along to where I wanted to go. At the time, all I could see was that I could just get myself a job. I felt stupid talking about my dream, so I lost sight of it and just shut up and went to work. Now though, I can give a clear answer. I want to be the world's best engineer.
Phone shines brighter
Crowne: It doesn't matter if people think it's kiddie or unfeminine! It doesn't matter if it's hard or the world is unfair! I am who I am, and I'm gonna get past it all to make it happen!
Phone: Connect Path?
MC: Let's do it! Execute!

A light covers Crowne.
Crowne Alter: Wait what!?
Ryekie: Crowne's transforming!?
Mokdai: The dream Crowne remembered is creating a suit!
The light finishes in a flash.
Crowne: Is this my...!?
MC: Awesome! You're a hero now!
Barrel: Oh my god we're playing the new hero card!?
Crowne: Wait wait, I don't know how to use thi--
Crowne Alter: WHAT THE HELL MAN

Crowne Alter: ShutupshutupshutupSHUTUP! You gonna deny my reason for being!? I...you had your dreams crushed! There was nothing left, so the only way there was to live was by destroying everything else! That's the kind of person you are!
Crowne: ...
Crowne Alter: If you manage to transform despite all that, what the hell does that make ME!? How am I supposed to live anymore!? Your bitch ass dies right now! (starts pouring more power into Monster Gomeisa and Monster Procy)
The Monsters start making sounds like cracking glass, and a Monster with even greater threatening presence is created.
Crowne Alter: AAAUGH!
A dark light covers Crowne Alter as their robo arms start shattering to pieces.

Melide: Oh no! The Path is going out of control!
Exio: So they don't care if they die anymore...
Furlong: This is crazy! The Monster is powering up!
Yoshiori: Thanks Captain Obvious! They're trying to end it all here!
Monomasa: The only thing left we can do is stop them completely...
Akashi: But how?
Toshu: We can't talk it out, so there's only one option.
Kyoichi: ...we have to kill them, huh?

Mokdai: W-what!? B-but that's still a version of Crowne!
Ryekie: I don't want to do it either, but...!
Crowne: Don't worry. I'll handle it. So please...help me get them to listen. Can you let me do this?
MC: ...okay. Be careful!
Crowne: ...thanks. Let's do this! I'll have to learn how to use my weapon under pressure, but I get the feeling we can do this!
Monsters: SCREEEEE
Sui: Here they come!
Shoen: This is where we stand firm the most!
Victom: We still have the giant one to deal with, but we can't cut corners here!
Over at the Invisible Mountain, the giant Monster shifts and stirs its many eyes like its noticed a giant path has opened.
BATTLE START (more happens afterwards)

Crowne: I'll take your hammer apart!
Monster Procy: REEEEE
Crowne hits Monster Procy's hammer with her wrench, causing it to unravel like strings.
Barrel: Nice! Now that it's open...
Akashi: It can't block our attacks anymore!
Monster Procy is filled with holes because of bullets and fireballs.
Mokdai: Sorry Procy! Super Mokdai Punch!
Monster Procy: Bwoooh (shatters into light)
MC: You did it!

Kyoichi: Alright! One down!
Shoen: And one to go!
Crowne Alter: Eat shit assholes!
Crowne: I see...my weapon has the power to analyze and take weapons apart! Suits me just fine!
Monster Gomeisa: GeeGEgegeGE
Yoshiori: Dammit this one's still pretty tough!
Monomasa: We should be able to finish this in one last push, but...!
Furlong: It's using the leaves around to shield itself!
Toshu: Its last struggles!
Ryekie: Crowne, can you stop it!?
Crowne: What!? No! I said it works on weapons, not lea--
Crowne's goggles start streaming info to her.
Crowne: Wait, what?

Sui: Crowne, what's going on?
Crowne: Okay we can do this! I'll need someone to stop it from moving for a second, but if it works I can destroy the Monster's whole body!
Gammei: What does that mean!?
Crowne: No time to explain, just shut up and do it!
Victom: That's crazy! But we have to do it then! Gammei, help me out!
Gammei: Alright! I'm worried about having just us two do it so...you, girlie!
Sui: M-me!? ...okay then, I'll help!

Sui: I hope this works! Needle Sewing!
Gammei: Hold still! Super Handcuffs!
Victom: This isn't supposed to be how it’s used but it should do something! Rope Binding!
Monster Gomeisa: REEEEE
Shield down!
Sui: I can't hold it for long!
Victom: Me neither! It'll break out in a few seconds!
Gammei: Go for it, lady!
Crowne: Leave it to me! MC, I'm gonna finish it!
MC: Wait what, you're gonna use your super move in your first ever fight!?
Crowne: It'll be fine! Believe in me!
MC: ...okay! Go for it!

VP Charged Wrench glows with a golden light.
Crowne: This is one way I can fight! Wrench Tiiiime! (bonks)
Monster Gomeisa: SKREEEE (shatters into light)
Ryekie: Whoa, was that Crowne's super move!?
Mokdai: Wow she really did one-shot it!
Akashi: Yeah, we win!
Crowne Alter: Ah, ahh... (stands stock still)
Crowne: ... (walks over, frowning)

Crowne Alter: ...what? Laugh it up bitch.
Crowne: No, I came to tell you something: Relax. I remember my dream. I'll go get the happiness you couldn't reach in your place
Crowne Alter: ...! (falls to knees)
Barrel: So, case closed then? Shouldn't we arrest them, Detective?
Gammei: (shrug) They're a parallel world version of someone. Sure they did crimes, but I dunno if our own laws can apply to them.
Suddenly...
Akashi: Earthquake!
Mokdai: Oh no, is it the giant Monster!?
Giant Monster: SHRIEEEEEK

Ryekie: What was that noise just now!?
Kyoichi: Oh my god it was so loud I could feel it shaking my stomach! Was that...!?
MC: Wait you guys can hear it now!?
Melide: Exio, does this mean...?
Exio: The heroes can hear it now. The time has come.
Monomasa: Another earthquake is coming!
A giant tentacle pops out of the ground.
Crowne Alter: WHAT
Crowne: Aah!
Crowne Alter: Oh, what the SHIT! BARF! (poofs into light and gets absorbed)
MC: AAH!
Crowne: !
The tentacle shakes and crawls towards the party as another loud roar is unleashed.
End of Episode

1 comment:

  1. Crowne's abilities sound very scary to go against. Not only can she analyze the enemies, but she can break down their weapons too! Fighting up close would be problematic for her opponents, yet I doubt Ranged Weapon Users would fare any better. Glad she's on our side here...

    ReplyDelete