Monday, March 28, 2022

Live A Hero Chapter 5 Episode 10: Legendary Tag Team (Abridged)

Giant Monster: SCREEEEE
Jellyfish: (blobs in bum rush)
The Monster is creating jellyfish in response to the party getting closer to it, and two lights jump forward amid all the fighting.

Huckle: Here they come! 13 on the left and 7 on the right!
Ryekie: Roger that! I'll get them all together, and you take them out!
Huckle: Understood!
Ryekie: Come at me bros! Justice Thunder!
Jellyfish: (blobs in surround attack)
Ryekie: Gh! Okay I took a little hit, but here we go! Thunder Field Trap!
Jellyfish: (blobs in shocked paralysis)
Ryekie: Hopper, do it!
Huckle: Got them! World Traveler "Sonic Boom Penetration"!
Jellyfish: (blobs in chain destruction)

Ryekie: AWESOME! Hopper, you--
Purple Jellyfish: (blobs in desperate flailing)
Ryekie: Whoa! Eat my knuckle sandwich!
Purple Jellyfish: (blobs in light shattering)
Ryekie: Huh, you missed one. Did you get rusty?
Huckle: Hello, I haven't fought as a hero in YEARS.
Ryekie: Oh right, haha. Still, you aren't winded yet. Let's keep this going! Can you keep up!?
Huckle: Of course! Here we go!

Jellyfish: (blobs in aerial bouncing)
Akashi: Eat fireballs, freak!
Sui: I'll take care of these ones!
Jellyfish: (blobs in dissolving light)
Akashi: Got 'em! But anyways, man are those two are crazy good. They're taking on even more mobs than we are!
Sui: I know part of it is them being up front ahead of us, but I'm still surprised at how strong Huckle is.
MC: Yeah...kind of a huge turnaround here. That's a famous partnership for you.

Crowne: Well they were both S Rank Heroes, so both of them are familiar with harsh battles. Still, it's weird...does anyone else feel like your fatigue's been recovering? And my attacks are feeling stronger than before somehow...
Mokdai: Well there's a reason for that. Oh right, MC your phone blew up didn't it? I'll lend you mine until the battles are over. Look at the screen.
MC looks at the LIVE@HERO livestream interface, where the VP count is changing by the second. There is also a viewer count at...
MC: OH MY GOD 92 MILLION VIEWERS. Eight numbers long!
Mokdai: This huge scale audience bigger than we usually have is why Ryekie and the Director can throw their big moves like that and our weapons keep fixing themselves! I've never seen a viewer count that big before!
Barrel: It's the comeback of the legendary hero duo! Of course everyone would come out to watch that!
Victom: Yeah, there's that but...everyone really IS worried about what's going to happen with the country.
Sadayoshi: We have...the whole world's expectations on our shoulders now.

Victom: What, you scared? You're a hero battalion leader for the National Defense Department.
Sadayoshi: ...no. I've decided to give my all to prevent losing at all costs. We cannot let ourselves fall behind private heroes after all.
Barrel: Haha, dang. You have more of a sense of humor than I thought you would!
Sadayoshi: I-I do? I was taught not to speak so casually...
Victom: It's fine. Right now, we're heroes on the same side fighting the same enemy. We can trust in that fact at least.
Sadayoshi: Is that so? I'm glad.
Jellyfish: (blobs in interference)
Victom: Here they come! Get ready, you two!
Barrel: Roger, Captain! Please work with us, thanks Colonel!
Sadayoshi: Of course! Monsters, you will fall here! 

Kyoichi: ...hey, MC's phone blew up earlier right? But they're still sending us VP like normal. How's that work?
Toshu: (shrug) There's a lot of things we don't know about Observer abilities.
Jellyfish: (blobs in interruption)
Kyoichi: Well if we can fight like normal, I guess that's good enough! Here they come, Toshu!
Toshu: Heh, that's just like you. Don't fall behind!
Exio: ...MC doesn't seem to notice that they're having a temporary power overflow in their Observer abilities. They're grasping the number of views without using machine assistance and distributing it unconsciously. It's likely they're return to how they normally operate after this battle is over, but they've clearly grown as an Observer.

Gammei: Hey! What's-your-face! Pay attention here! Enemy incoming, and I need some VP!
Yoshiori: Watch your mouth when you speak to Exio, pig! Didn't your mommy ever teach you to say please!?
Gammei: Do you realize how CRAZY this situation is!? And who are you calling a pig!?
Jellyfish: (blobs in vibrating screaming)
Gammei: You things shut the hell up!
Yoshiori: We're talking here, dammit!
Gammei binds jellyfish in place, and Yoshiori follows up by filling them with holes.
Gammei: Not bad punk.
Yoshiori: Shut up, dogface.
MC: They seem to be getting along. Huh.

Exio: (sigh) Those two seem alike.
Melide: (breathes hard)
Yellow Jellyfish: (blobs in encroachment)
Melide: Oh no!
Furlong: Melide, please get back! Shaw Hose Buster!
Yellow Jellyfish: (blobs in ring out)
Furlong: Are you okay!? ...you seem tired.
Melide: T-thank you. I'm okay, I can...keep going...
Furlong: ...everyone's pretty far ahead. Get on my back, I'll carry you!
Melide: What...? You sure...?
Furlong: I'm sure. I'm a fireman, so I often carry people like this. And right now, we're on the same side. Of course we'd help each other. Go ahead, climb on!
Melide: ...okay. Thank you.

Monomasa: ...Melide is trusting people besides us?
Shoen: Are you upset by that...?
Monomasa: No...I'm actually happy. Melide doesn't like opening herself up to others much, much less ask for their help. She's changed since meeting all of you. I want her to know...that not everyone in the world will hurt her.
Shoen: ...I see.
Jellyfish: (blobs in mood breaker)
Shoen: Speaking of which, if there are things that will come to harm her...
Monomasa: Yes...we have to hunt down every last one. Will you help me?
Shoen: Of course. Let's go.

Mochizuki Inn
Yellow Trainee: Whoa that's another one down! These guys are awesome, Young Master!
Red Trainee: The viewer count is blowing up! I've never seen so many people tuned in at once for a battle!
Green Trainee: Is it really okay for us not to go too!?
Nessen: Please stop calling me Young Master for the thousandth time...our job is to hold the fort back here. So many Monsters are appearing, so we cannot leave this city undefended. We can only pray for their victory.
Nessen: ...everyone, please come back safely.
Air raid sirens
Nessen: W-what's that noise? I don't think we have sirens installed around here...
Disaster Alert: This is the Japanese government and temporary Orient City Disaster Prevention HQ. We have news for everyone living 50 km of the Orient City quarantine zone...

Back to the party
Enemy body count unknown, because they don't leave bodies. But anyways the situation is changing!
Akashi: ...why is the big Monster acting weird?
Giant Monster: JOJO MENACING NOISES
MC: It's fading in and out for some reason.
Kyoichi: Yeah...it's like what happens to us when we run out of VP.
Monomasa: What would happen to you if you were starving and had to exert yourself?
Barrel: wat. I'd fall over exhausted, I guess?
Monomasa: Yes, that's what's happening here too. Monsters gain energy from the VP people and things gather. This one hasn't been eating anyone or anything and spawning a huge number of smaller Monsters for defense, constantly shaving at itself to do so.

Gammei: Soooo it's get weaker? Then this is our chance! We gotta get to the core while it's like this!
Victom: Hey stupid, it's not gonna be THAT easy. Eyeballing it, it's still a 3 km tall Monster that we somehow have to get closer to.
Huckle: ...I agree. It resisted this far, and I doubt it'll just give up. I feel like it's highly likely it'll burn itself out and throw everything into a death throe.
Melide: ...strange. I'm...getting a really bad feeling...
Suddenly...
MC: REALLY STRONG EARTHQUAKE
Giant Monster: SHRIEEEEEK
A huge wave slams the ground, and trees off in the distance are mowed down.

Toshu: What's happening!?
Yoshiori: Shit, I can't stay up! I can't believe it was storing this much power!
Mokdai: W-wait! The ground is splitting!
The ground roils and tears itself apart, creating large chasms.
Crowne: Careful you don't fall in guys!
Sui: Very helpful! I can't get awa--ahh!!
The ground splits between MC and Sui. Sui starts falling. Kidding, it’s actually MC.
MC: WHAT AAAAAA
Sui: No! (catches MC with strings that wrap around their sleeve)
MC: Thank you Sui!
Sui: (struggles to hold on) I won't...let go! But...!
Sui is unable to keep a steady foothold and is getting pulled down.
Sui: I can't...dig in! Ah!
Ryekie: JUSTICE CHARGE! (zooms in and pulls Sui up)

Sui: R-Ryekie! Thank you!
Ryekie: I...don't have...a good foothold either! But...! RAAAAAGH! (yanks MC up like a fish on a hook)
MC: AAAAAA
Crowne: I got you, MC!
MC crashes into Crowne.
Crowne: OOF
MC: T-thanks Crowne. Y-you okay?
Crowne: Owww. Well I can ask you the same. I'm glad you're alright...
Ryekie: Nice catch, Crowne! You really are a hero!
Crowne: O-oh shut up! How about you think about the consequences next time you help!?
Ryekie: Ack, I can't argue with that!
Crowne: ...but nice going on your end too. You didn't become an S Rank Hero for nothing.
Ryekie: ...yep! Thanks!

Sadayoshi: ...the shaking stopped. Is it over?
Furlong: What? No way.
Exio: ...no, here it comes!
LOUD SCREAMING
MC: OW!
Akashi: W-what's wrong!? You okay, MC!?
MC: Something's coming!
Akashi: Wha--
Giant Monster: REEEEEEE
Tons of tentacles pop out from every crack on the ground.

Ryekie: Damn that's a ton of tentacles! There's...at least 200 of them before I lost count!
The tentacles lift up the ground area the party is standing on.
Kyoichi: Whoa what!?
The party is surrounded with no way to escape, and only the main body is visible in between the tentacles.
Yoshiori: Okay so maybe it isn't going to just pin us down all at once. Is it going to weaken us and eat whoever goes down first?
Monomasa: I don't know if it has intelligence, but that's likely the general idea. It's true we have nowhere to run. Absolutely none.
Sadayoshi: ...but this can be a good opportunity. Since O-X lifted the ground and us with it, that means we can get to its body from the front. If we can break through and attack its core...
Toshu: So destroying the core is a realistic plan now!
Shoen: Good. So this is our final battle with it?
Gammei: But if we lose we're all gonna be eaten! So we can't afford to lose!
Barrel: We can't lose our lives or the city!
Kyoichi: Right! I will save the children's homes!

Melide: The Monster's life is dwindling...it probably can't take much more. Just one more push, and the core should be exposed.
Exio: We have Views for days. With this many people watching, we should definitely be able to break through. But be careful, it's fighting for its life too.
Furlong: I've never felt this nervous or fought in a battle like this before...I hope I can get past it all.
Victom: Don't overthink it. You're plenty strong if you fight like normal. Have some self-confidence.
Furlong: ...yes Captain!
Victom: Good answer. I'm counting on you.

Huckle: ...everyone, it's finally do or die in this long battle. Since I've lost my memories, I don't know how many times our agency's had to flirt with death, but there is one thing I know of. Everyone one in the company is a great hero who can fight on. I want you all to keep going until things end.
Ryekie: Save all the big boss briefings for after it's all over! Our chance is finally here! We can finally save the city! Stay sharp people!
Akashi: Yeah...I never thought I'd end up in a battle like this when I became a hero for real. But when I'm with MC and everyone else, I think I can fight. We can win this!
Mokdai: Same. I was always someone who watched heroes and was afraid of fighting. I never thought this would happen. But somehow, I'm not afraid now. Maybe because I'm with you all?
Sui: I...might be a little afraid. But I don't want to run at all, because repaying everyone for all the support you've given me would mean fighting here. Plus, I feel I can accept the reason that I'm here myself.
Crowne: I'm in the same boat now that I've come so far. I never thought I'd be a hero, never mind that it'd escalate to this. But I'm gonna survive this fight, then give my respects to my other self.
Huckle: ...I suppose you're all psyched up. Let's go to the final battle. We're counting on you, MC.
MC: Let's do this, everyone! We're gonna win and go back home together!
Party: YEAH!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment