Saturday, March 26, 2022

Tigers New Year Episode 2 (Abridged)

MC's phone lights up with an alert about their next scheduled thing while they're at Kasai Coastal Park.
MC: Kinda sucks that I have to go, but I already have plans. Where was I going again?
There's a text of the Berserkers lined up and a message saying to come whenever.
MC: Okay, gotta hurry to the center of Tokyo. I've been moving all day since the start of the year.
MC starts hustling towards the train station and immediately bumps into someone the second they look away.
???: Oops, sorry. You okay? Oh wait, you're...
It's Smoky God.
Smoky God: Oh it's you MC. It's so nice to see you so early in the year.
Lucifuge: Ooh, Lightbringing MC!
Cait Sith: Happy New Year's meow! What a coincidence running into you here!
Smoky God: Were you coming back from a New Year's cruise like all us rich and fabulous types? Even if you weren't, want to go eat out together?
MC: It's the coming of the godly stinking rich! / Did you just say cruise!? / Sorry I gotta go

Smoky God: Oh, you seem to have plans. But don't hurry too much. You might run into thieves or something. But since we met like this, this must be fate. Would you like to hitch a ride with us?
Cait Sith: Oh yeah, come on MC!
Lucifuge: Indeed! And if you'd please, we could talk along the way!
MC: Uh okay? / Maybe I'll get an Uber / You don't mean an elephant by ride, do you?
---
(C) Smoky God: Haha, good one. That's for next time.
---
Smoky God: To the private helipad!

Later
MC: welp / I'll be in Ikebukuro in no time! / omg rich people transport
Lucifuge: Isn't the view splendid, Lightbringer?
Cait Sith: Okay it was a surprise to be so high off the ground, but it's also exciting like magic!
Lucifuge: Let me give you a drink! Would you like the special Tir na Nog grape juice that Cait Sith recommends?
Smoky God: The landing pad in Ikebukuro has been secured. It'll be a short ride, but enjoy it while it lasts.
And so the Pimp Copter flies off
Smoky God: Now let's have a champagne shower but without actual champagne!
MC: The amazake is spilling! / I didn't know you three were friends / You guys definitely seem the type to be at rich people parties

Smoky God: Ah yes, it happened one day while I was napping under a tree at home. All the little animals were coming together, and then Cait Sith comes trotting by. And then we became friends.
MC: How underwhelming / Sounds like neighbors / How'd you meet Lucifuge?
Lucifuge: I often talk with him about property management.
Smoky God: We vibed over not having a place to donate all our excess money.
Cait Sith: We talk about being kings and nobles! There has to be stuff only we can see!
Smoky God: And today we were celebrating the new year hoping for good tidings and watching the first sunrise of the year at Kasai Coastal Park.
Lucifuge: We heard about the Winter Mikoshi while we were there, and then we met you. It was a coincidence, but what a glorious coincidence to see you on this day! Normally I'd go to the New Year's lucky bag sale for a lark so I can find a present and excuse to see you.
Cait Sith: Tee hee, Lucifuge was gonna but a scarf through those sales! We were also gonna buy you one too, which was another reason we all got together.
Lucifuge: Nooo, my secret! O-oh, I wasn't feeling guilty or such! I, well...oh, I should take a picture of this and put it next to my picture of Ophion!
MC: Oh was that a surprise? / Lalalalala I don't hear anything! / You're such good friends

Smoky God: It's so nice to give to each other. Back in Shangri La there was someone who lived like this, though not to the point of giving himself to a starving animal. It's something worth valuing. I think Fuxi would agree.
Soon the helicopter reaches Toshima Ward and the Berserkers' arts theater is visible.
MC: Wow that was fast, now we just have to land. Where's the heliport?
Smoky God: That would cost time, which means there's only one thing to do. (gently hugs MC)
Smoky God: We jump. :)
Outside
MC: AAAAAAA
Lucifuge: Be at ease, Lightbringer! Cait Sith, if you please?
Cait Sith: Skydiving Illusion! Watch my magic trick!
Cait Sith causes parachutes to pop out from Smoky God and Lucifuge's backpacks.

The rich people party descends upon Ikebukuro's west side main street as a bunch of people look at them.
Smoky God: Oh no we stood out, who could ever have seen this coming? Trying to be incognito is hard. But we got you here safely and that's what matters. You should get going.
Cait Sith: I'm kinda sad, but oh well. See you next time!
Lucifuge: It seems exciting around here. Where are the New Year's sales?
Smoky God: We have plenty of time. Let's go friends.
And so the three walks off into the crowd, rich people aura keeping people some distance away.

???: Aw man, I came running and there's no street fight? Lame.
It's Macan.
Macan: You see anyone worth fighting?
MC: Happy New Year, Macan! / Aren't you cold like that? / Where's the other Berserkers?
(A) Macan: Pfft, who cares. Eating or being eaten's the only thing worth celebrating!
(B) Macan: I'm Macan goddamn Gadungan. Like a little cold bothers me.
(C) Macan: I can't be bothered to explain. Nomad's doing something stupid.

MC: You seem to be in a bad mood for a tiger on Year of the Tiger.
Macan: Have you SEEN how many morons come up and worship m--
Garm: MAAASSSTEEERRR! Happy New Year!
Macan: Oh goddammit
Macan: MC, you didn't come worship me like all the other pain in the asses have you? (nonchalantly sidesteps Garm)
Macan: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HOLIDAYS LATELY!? Why don't people fit in my festishes into their seasons' greetings!? Nomad's so busy hanging out with other people he won't fight me! Hell with this!
Garm: Nomad? Nomad over there! Working hard! (points)

Nomad comes over smiling when he notices you guys.
Nomad: Hello everybody I'm selling Japanese New Year's stuff! It's the Berserkers' New Year's sale!
MC: Rave reviews for Mr. Part Timer / Perfect choice for year of the tiger / hot Nomad in formal kimono
Nomad: ...you know this is money making time right? I'll do anything for my goals! I'm selling out my pride and past for it! Ohh, new customer! Hello, would you like a good luck picture?
Bathym: Ooohhh, MC darling! Happy New Year's! What do you think of Nomad's speech? Mmm, getting a little crush on him?
Pollux: We were helping at first too, but apparently we suck at selling things.
MC: Hi guys. What's going on over here?

Pollux: Uhh, what was it again? The Berserkers' Exchange event?
Bathym: Just a little Berserkers fanservice to start the year with coupled with a New Years sale. Fighting's nice and all, but shows and sales are necessary too. The ring's being set up for a special stage now, so we're enjoying New Year's.
Nomad: Goddammit you guys, help out some more! Giving me a formal kimono for Year of the Tiger's fine, but I'm the only one working as salesman and guide! That idiot Macan already tore his up, even though it was a rental and he did it outside Enclosed Areas! The year's barely started and I'm already stressed to hell!
MC: Hi Nomad gimme money / Nice clothes / Aww I wanted to see Macan in formal kimono
(A) Nomad: Yeah sure lemme ARE YOU SERIOUS!? I'm trying to make money here! You just be a good high schooler and just enjoy the concept of having a holiday!
(B) Nomad: Oh thanks. Work kinda sucks, but seasonal clothes are good.
Macan: Wow you still have yours on? My tiddies burst out of mine in five seconds.
Nomad: >8C
(C) Garm: Macan wear because Snow say so, just for short time!
Bathym: He was so handsome in it...but by the time I took my camera out, it blew up off of him.
Macan: Yeah yeah, that's why I'm here manning the store. And now I'mma go for a sec because I sense someone strong.

Nomad: (sighs, then looks at MC) Hey Watson, come help me. I'll treat you to some amazake later. Just the one cup, you're paying for any mor--oh here comes the boss. Work time!
Claude comes over with Snow and Fergus.
Claude: I heard we had someone come in making a grand entrance. It was you, wasn't it MC? I knew it was. Marvelous skydive! I expect a good show from you this year too, haha.
Snow: Happy New Year's, Master MC. Master Claude has been terribly excited since last night, and today the underground arena has been redone for today and open to the public. We have food as well, so please feel free to look.
Fergus: New Year's, new day for YOUTH to see! If there's a party, then I will be there! I'm only here sometimes for this, but this is such good timing. The days of YOUTH look bright this year!
Cthugha: OMG there's so many people I can't handle this much social interaction after being alone all the time!
Snow: ...are you okay, Mr. Secret Weapon? Should I bodyblock for everyone if you're going to explode?

MC: Oh hi Ikutoshi and Kagutsuchi! Happy New Year's!
Ikutoshi: Oh it's you MC. You're here on New Year's? Weirdo.
Kagutsuchi: Hello, and happy New Year's! I went shopping for New Year's decorations with Ikutoshi! I was originally going to do errands alone, but I got lost along the way and Ikutoshi has been walking me over...
Ikutoshi: Don't tell them that! C'mon, shopping to do!
Smoky God: ...oh. Isn't that the lion and tiger from my home world Shangri La? Obscure-ish Buddhist references so early in the year...reminds me of my old bonds.
Lucifuge: Oh is this a New Year's sale? Do they have scarves?
Cait Sith: Wow this place looks fun! Lucky Cats everywhere!
Smoky God: This is rather empty for a holiday festival. Why don't I call over some dancers? And elephants.

MC: A crowd's starting to form. At this rate it'll be chaos! Macan, is that steam coming off of you?
Macan: Why the hell are you people so calm this time of year!?
Nomad: Boss, Manager, I promise to bring MC inside, so if you guys are done saying hi to them go wait inside! GOD!
Ikutoshi and Kagutsuchi: ???
Nomad: Hi, looking for New Year's sales? Check out Andvari's shop! It's got everything!
Lucifuge, Cait Sith, and Smoky God: !???
Nomad: Hello, uh, high class people! Thank you for your interest, but we have certain customs here! You, moneyba--I mean noble man. You said you're looking for scarves? Turn right at the entrance and go to the store three stands down! Garm, show them the way!
Macan: ?????
Nomad: And you, jackass! You still have a main event to star in today, so shut your mouth and be good dammit!
Once Nomad's done answering everyone's questions...
Nomad: Okay everybody, have a good New Year's!
Everyone else: WOW!

MC: Nomad that was brilliant! / Look at those customer service skills! / Everything in moderation
Macan: Ugh, fiiiiine. The event is gonna be with me and Nomad anyways I guess. Hurry up with the formalities already so we can get the show started!
Macan walks off with Claude and Snow back into the Berserkers guild house. Bathym and Pollux go back to helping.
Smoky God: ...hehe. This is the year of the tiger, so okay. The dancers and elephants can wait for next time. Let's go do our own things and help Lucifuge find a nice scarf.
Cait Sith: Okay! Let's find one that's only going to be here this year!
Lucifuge: Lightbringer...I mean, MC! I will call you when I have things ready! Please enjoy things until then.
Smoky God: Bye. Look forward to that surprise.
Nomad: Okay finally I can breathe...huh? What's up MC?
MC: Macan and I are waiting for you / Are you on your break yet? / I wanted to hang out with you
(A) Nomad: ...huh. You a battle junkie like everyone else? Sure, I'll come along. I'm ready to throw down and work off some of that rust building on me.
(BC) Nomad: ...! Cheeky little brat. Okay okay, if that's what you want dear customer. Shall I be your guide for the Berserkers' special New Year's event area?
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment