Friday, March 11, 2022

Christmas Showdown Epilogue Part 1 (Abridged)

Cop: Hey Hermes I wanted to talk. The police are looking away for a sec. (reveals himself to be Ose)
Ose: Just some friendly advice from a friend who also came from another world! We both came through the Gates to this world, right? There are plenty of people who came from other worlds. Even powers that seem invincible have some way of being resisted. ...Roles aren't an exception to this either. If you show everything about your role to the world rather than be trapped by a facet of it, then you can find a new side of it. Oh, you're wondering why I'm talking about this? Aww, you already know why without needing me to spell it out. Oops, somebody's coming, kthnxbye! (puts disguise back on)

The thing that happened in Ded's office has been settled by the people who happened to be there. Everyone has decided revealing everything would just cause students anxiety, so when the Enclosed Area is taken down, the regular Christmas plans go on as schedule.
White: Thank you for all your work everybody, and I'm sorry about everything. I'm sure some of you have been anxious since the thief calling card came. Hougen and I however decided to keep things a secret for this training drill. There are people all over who live in fear of dangers coming close, and some of them may be in Tokyo too. If so, then you all should take this experience and learn from it to become better Santas who can bring happiness to anxious children. I believe you can all become Saints, role models for people, and the hope of the future.
Hougen: You all did your best too, police students. If people are to receive happiness, then they, the people around them, and their homes need to be safe too. Our duty is to protect Tokyo's safety and public order, and I expect you all to become stronger from this experience. Okay, that's enough business talk! This year's Santa Sendoff Ceremony is doubling as a recognition of your services, so feel free to enjoy the sauna village, events, and stalls! Ded?
White: All together now!
Everyone: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Party crackers pop, cheers go out. Then MC finds Touji.
Touji: Oh, MC. So you knew? ...I trusted you and decided to tell you about the case, and you never told me it was just a training drill.
MC: Sorry / I'll do anything please forgive me! / You were involved so I couldn't...
Touji: ...kidding. I know you had your own situation to work with. I just wanted to mess with you a little. I didn't see much of you during this thing, but I still got some good experiences from this. And since we both made it through to see the Santa ceremony, that's good enough.
MC: Yeah / ... / (try asking something)
Touji: Are you wondering about Hermes? I heard about him from Hougen, and I can tell you what's going on. So first, how much do you know?
MC: Up to the part where everyone talked with Hermes.
Touji: Oh right, the part up until a patrol car came over to pick him up. Hermes was isolated in a room and talked with all of you one by one, right?

Flashback
Taromaiti: Hermes, the ties binding you were destroyed by me and severed by MC. All you need to remember is that part, and the part where you can always come back to Cafe Asterism. You were always free. That's all I'll say about it.
Jiraiya: Lemme tell you something before the police get here. I'm the best thief ever! If there's anything you ever want to get back, tell me! I'll help you with that! Also, I had fun this job. I'm sure we'll meet again. Just no acting.
Benten: So I've been thinking... you know how you have a music instrument artifact and play music? You're stealing my schtick here! What gives!? ...wait, are you my FAN!? Aww, why didn't you say so earlier you big dummy? I'll autograph your stuff next time we meet! ...let's do a show together next time. If you won't come to me, then I'll go to you! You better come find me if you don't like that!
Nomad: ...yo Hermes. I had opinions about you the moment I met you, but I can't really be happy with my reasoning after what just happened. Got lots of thoughts from looking at you. I can't think of you as some stranger...much as I hate to say it, heh. Anyways, come see me if you come back and want work. I'll give you my business card. Also where is that smug ass spy cat and why isn't he here to talk to you!?

Present
Touji: After you were the last to talk to Hermes, the police took him to the station while the party here is happening so people who don't know what's happening will worry.
MC: Oh... / I wonder if Hermes is okay / Can I see him off?
---
(B) Touji: I heard he was quiet up until the car came. If he's repenting, then I'm sure there will be some leniency.
(C) Touji: ...want to come with me to talk to Hougen-sensei when things quiet down?
---
Touji: Well anyway...you did a lot. I doubt you can enjoy things without thinking about other stuff, but how about we celebrate the ceremony for now?
MC: Yeah that's a good idea / ...yeah I'm a little tired / Let's get presents for everybody!
---
(A) Touji: Let's get presents for everyone in the guild on our way back.
(B) Touji: ...want me to buy you a warm drink? It should calm you down.
(C) Touji: That sounds good. Everyone's been worried.
---
Touji: Anyway, I've heard a popular cafe is doing a business trip here.

Outside
Taromaiti: Hello everybody, Cafe Asterism's branch store is over here! Thanks for all you've done for the training drill! We have hot cocoa, coffee, mulled wine! We also have cake and food! Maybe take some as a snack for your night trip.
Girl A: Ah! Are you one of the thieves from the drill!?
Taromaiti: Good eye! Yes, I was. Sorry for the trouble I caused.
Girl A: No, no, it's okay! ...you were so cool as a thief!
Taromaiti: Thank you. Would you like a drink?
Random Cops and Santas: Us too!

Nomad: You sure are popular, Taromaiti. I'll help hand out drinks, so gimme half of them.
Taromaiti: Nomad! Thanks! But are you sure you don't need to take a break?
Nomad: I plan to go to the sauna, but there's no rush. Plus you have a line and that bothers me. Dammit I do detective work and I still do customer service stuff.
Fire Cop: Oh! Are you the detective who came to help?
Wood Cop: Your deductive reasoning and battle strategies were very enlightening! The bodyguard working with you was impressive as well. Would you teach us!?
Nomad: Is that punk watching and hiding somewhere? Ugh. (kabedons the cop(s?)) Okay, you see this? This is how you kabedon someone. If you send me a job request, then I'll teach you. Here's my business card, tell your bosses I said hi.
Fire Cop: I'm going doki-doki!
Wood Cop: T-t-thank you very much!

Later, at the sauna
Tomte: Hi guys! Saunas for all your tired needs!
Nomad: Nice. This heat, the smell of wood, the aroma of the steam...
Tomte: I'm so glad you like it? Shall I do some whisking later? I'll take care of you!
Nomad: Sure, sounds goo--what's all that noise outside?
*Outside*
Benten: Hello everybody, and Merry Christmas! Viral Dreamers is here, enjoy our concert! (plays with Fenrir, Ifrit, and Typhon)
Typhon: Y'all I thought Benten was talkin' crazy again when she called about doing a concert outside in the middle o' winter, but we got some good friends here so it's all good! MC, this song's for you!
Fenrir: Ha. Which fool thinks this wintry chill and snow would trouble me? Behold my musical prowess and drown in the waves of the melody this eve!
Ifrit: Did someone say good friends? I ain't gonna back down from some hot words like that! Burn, burn to the beat!
Benten: All you police students, thanks for protecting the city! And everyone in Santa School, thanks for bringing everyone happiness! All my gratitude and more, from me to all of you!

Yule: Ahaha! This year's ceremony is a big success thanks to Benten and everyone.
Krampus: Yeah. I was surprised that this wasn't a real case, but it was a good experience... hey wait someone's in the sky (points at someone wiring down from the roof)
Jiraiya: Marry Krismas from this thief, everybody at Santa School! Farewell gifts for everyone! Doing this once in a while is pretty good. And everyone in the police school...uh, thanks for all you've done this year! Let's kick the butts of evil together!
Light Cop: What? Is he in the police?
Water Cop: Whatever, he must be some citizen helping. Thank you for the present!
The silver ribbons on Jiraiya's presents glitter when reflecting light from the stage lights as they fall.
Yule: Wow, they're so pretty Krampus! Like lights falling from the sky!
Krampus: Good sending off for us. We gotta put our all into it too.
Tanngrisnir: Want some stew on your way out?
Krampus: Where did you come from!?
Tanngrisnir: I just got here and decided to talk to you guys. Show time everybody, show time! The children await!
Yule: Right, let's go!
End of Episode half

No comments:

Post a Comment