Sunday, March 20, 2022

Live A Hero Chapter 5 Episode 9: The Light Shining Again (Abridged)

Huckle (narrating): I still remember the times Mr. Ryekie and I charged across the battlefields as heroes.
Flashback
Monster: lOVELYYYYY (shatter)
Huckle: Whew it's finally dead and I can stop to breathe!
Ryekie: *(deep huff)* ...heheh. Hahaha!
Huckle: W-why are you laughing?
Ryekie: Oh, not much! I just never thought teaming up with you would get us this far! I couldn't even imagine it when we first met since you were a rich kid who never left home before and now you saved the country from danger!
Huckle: Could you not talk about my past? I know you've caused your own fair share of problems too. Plus, I didn't get here on my own. I grew thanks to fighting together with you, so thank you Mr. Ryekie...
Huckle (narrating): I still remember how that fist bump felt, and I still remember how I fought back then. Which is why I want to go back to that point. I want to be his partner again, living our lives together in the light...

Present
Ryekie: WHY ARE YOU HERE, HUCKLE!? (grabs Huckle by the collar looking angrier than he's ever shown himself to be)
MC: Justice, stop! Please calm down!
Huckle: ...haven't you been wanting my help too? I wanted to help you. Even if I can't fight I can still talk, so I came. Isn't that okay?
Ryekie: You're a smart guy, so you know you could've just Space Zoomed it in if you wanted to help like that! There was never a need for you to come to the front lines!!
Huckle: Yes, if the cameras could work as well as my eyes and ears. But they don't, and there are things I won't get unless I'm here. You've fought for years, so you know how that is.
Ryekie: But...!!

Sadayoshi: Please forgive me, Zap the Justice...I was the one to bring him here. It was my suggestion that he come here, which he agreed to.
Mokdai: Why did you suggest coming here together with the director...?
Sadayoshi: Um...
Huckle: Colonel, ultimately the one to decide to come here was me. You came to me to apologize for your rudeness, but you noticed my mental state was the same as yours and chose to suggest this idea then. I am solely responsible for being present here.
Sadayoshi: Director Huckle...
Ryekie: !! ...
Ryekie pushes Huckle away. Huckle stumbles a little before regaining his footing and looks at Ryekie.
Ryekie: ...you can still make it. Get somewhere safe.
Huckle: ...no.
Ryekie: Why won't you understand!? GET AWAY FROM HERE!!
Huckle: Why won't YOU understand how I feel!?
Suddenly a giant earthquake hits.

Mokdai: Whoa! The earthquakes really do get stronger the closer we get to the Invisible Mountain!
Sui: This must be...!
Giant Monster: SCREEEEEEE
A horde of jellyfish Monsters have arrived!
Crowne: It's the welcome wagon! And tons of the thing's greeters!
Kyoichi: The tentacles are moving again too! Can we get past all this!?
Toshu: Well we can't stop either! If we go done, we lose everything!
Shoen: ...I need to hang in there!
Jellyfish: (blobs in enemy wave)
Gammei: Whoa, here they come!

The tentacles start to thrash about, and the jellyfish Monsters continue their assault. Mass Destruction ensues.
Yoshiori: Wagh! Focus you sissies, or they'll crush us!
Monomasa: It's hard to progress while keeping the Observers safe!
Akashi: MC, stick with me!
MC: Thanks Akashi! Don't ditch me!
Red Jellyfish: (blobs in whip attack)
Mokdai: Director, look out!
Huckle: I see it! (jumps out of the way easily)
Huckle: I can still keep myself safe even if I can't fight!

Barrel: Wow, so that's what an ex-S Rank Hero is like...
Ryekie: Whoa! Huckle! You get how things are here, right!? You avoided that attack, but it's still dangerous for you to be here as you are! You have to go! I don't want to see you hurt any more than this!
Huckle: But that's how I feel about you! I couldn't keep watching, and I couldn't stand by and say nothing! (continues dodging attacks)
Huckle: It's true I lost all my memories of things after the point I became an Observer! I don't remember who all the new people in our office is, or the time the two of us put in to building the agency up! But I still remember all the times we fought as heroes together!
MC's phone glows weakly in response.
MC: Huh?
Phone: [-----]
MC: It's this again. (attempts to click the phone back to idle. The phone rejects this and flashes brightly for a second)
MC: Whoa!

Akashi: MC, what's going on? What was that light!?
MC: I dunno, but the window won't close!
Phone: Ne- Path x0ixx. ---: --- k0xx: Very x1xx
Bits and pieces reveal themselves like a Wheel of Fortune puzzle, and each letter makes the phone shine brighter and run hotter like it's overheating.
Melide: Exio, look at that light!
Exio: ...that's impossible. But...it's trying to connect a Path!?
Ryekie: ...! Huckle!
Huckle: Maybe the things that have been lost can never come back. But...I still wish for it! I want to fight along with you! I want to bring back those days we went into battle together!

MC's phone shines even brighter at Huckle's words, and it burns so hot that the screen cracks.
MC: WHAT
The display collapses, but before it shuts down completely words in a large font appear.
Phone: 5TR0ng Pa7h de7eCTeD. HeRO: H0pPER the FaCE 57ren9th: VERY H16H
Phone: CCCcCCCc?????
Exio: It's transmitting! T-this is MC's...! Can you break through that wall...!?
The screen of MC's phone shatters.
MC: Ahh! My phone!
The phone starts smoking.
MC: W-what do I do? I can't trigger the transformations or help the heroes fight...

Exio: MC, hold out your hand and focus! Think about the hero's potential in your mind and wish for their transformation! Do that, and you can Observe without needing a phone to channel things!
Melide: You'll be okay. You can do it.
Exio: ...neither Melide nor I know of any case of a Path being connected under these circumstances. All we can do is teach you how to connect Paths without going through a phone. Now show me your unknown potential!
MC: (raises a hand towards Huckle and focuses) Give him power! Connect!
A bright light flashes from MC's hand and extends to Huckle. A vision of Huckle's hero form comes into MC's head.
MC: Wait what!?
Exio: Now! Fill yourself with the determination to transform him!
MC: ...Execute!
Huckle: Wait what
Akashi: WHAT
Ryekie: What's happening!? Are you really...!?
Quick aside in space
Broker: What!? Impossible! This has never happened before! Have you grown that strong!?

Earth
Huckle stands looking shocked in his hero suit, which flutters in the wind as it shines as if made out of light.

Barrel: Look at Director Huckle!
Gammei: He transformed!
Mokdai: Oh my god I can't believe it! I've only ever seen that mode in videos!
Sadayoshi: Director Huckle...no wait, you are now Hopper the Face, the hero who once saved Japan!
Huckle: (surprised for a moment before quickly refocusing) I am the hero who rides the winds and is embraced by the galaxy! I am the traveler who crosses our vast world! I am the former S Rank Hero, and I am here! Hopper the Face!
Yoshiori: WHAT!?
Monomasa: You've returned!
MC: Yes! / Hopper the Face! / AWESOME!

Huckle: MC...I never thought my wish would actually reach anyone, but you granted it for me...thank you.
Huckle smiles at MC before turning back to face the Monsters.
Jellyfish: (blobs in confused squishing)
Huckle: ...I'm going to repay all the efforts you went through for me. It's been a long time since I've fought...but somehow, I'm not worried at all. I can do this.
Akashi: D-damn...Huckle really was a hero back in the day...
Crowne: This is my first time seeing it in person too, but wow...Huckle's super manly now.
Sui: We have a new hero on our side!
Ryekie: ...! (wipes away a tear) ...Face, I'm going in! Can you keep up!?
Huckle: Yeah, let's do this! It's been forever and a day, but let's show them our teamwork!
Ryekie: Hell yeah, partner!
Jellyfish: (blobs geometrically)
BATTLE START

2 comments:

  1. you know, i really cant wait... please we need more of this translated.
    btw, just go with ur own pace, i'm still waiting thou hope there would be 2 episode in 1 week but well, i can still wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine if the Phones being used as a Gateway for the Observers to open a path for the Heroes is actually hindering their true potentail in the long run here and doing it like how Melide and Exio have been doing it is actually the natural way of doing things, but it strains the Observer a tad too much in the beginning, before becoming accustomed to it over time, which somewhat scared the others from trying it out? That'd be nutty, but neato for an explanation here.
    But seriously, now that it's shown that MC here finally has the ability to Open the Way for Heroes here without the need for a phone, I can't wait to read more about how they'll be utilizing that in the future here.

    ReplyDelete