Monday, February 28, 2022

Christmas Showdown Thief Side Episode 4 Part 2 (Abridged)

Santa Students: SUPER SANTA SPECIAL ATTACK
The Santa students attack Taromaiti from three different directions. They've got good leadership, but their lack of experience shows.
Taromaiti: Fencing Flurry!
Wolf A: Agh!
Guy B: My artifact!
Taromaiti charges in close to Girl C, sweeping her off her feet and gently catching her.
Taromaiti: Don't make me get rough since I don't want to hurt you.
Girl C: I'M GOING DOKI-DOKI...wait, aren't you a thief!?
Taromaiti: A knight thief here for reasons. You've been training for this day haven't you? Your courage and determination is stunning.
Girl C:  OH NO MY HEART
A gentle touch, tender words, and an enchanting scent from Taromaiti's clothes make Girl C's knees give out.
MC: Is it the fencing or the theater acting doing this

Taromaiti winks in response before quickly focusing again, and she goes to cover Benten who is kiting a crowd.
Taromaiti: Go on ahead! Jiraiya, you can just jump past them all, right?
Jiraiya: Yeah, but I can't bring everyone else with me with the police surrou--
Hermes: I'll jump! You use your artifact to reach the second floor!
Jiraiya: Wait what?
Hermes picks MC up like it or not.
MC: What!? / Ooh, how bold! / (cling silently)

Hermes: Jiraiya, do it!
Jiraiya: ...alright! Come, toad!
Hermes holds MC in one hand and pulls out his flute in the other, activating it on nearby enemies.
Santa Students: Stop! ...wait why are we the ones going away!?
Nomad: What!?
Hermes then jumps off of Jiraiya's scarf up to the second floor carrying MC, rolling on the ground upon landing.
Hermes: Whoops, I messed up the landing. You okay?
MC: Yep! / I'll get you for this / I can feel your warmth right through your--
(A) Hermes: Cool! Let's go.
(B) Hermes: Aww come on. But you must be okay if you have time to be mad.
(C) Hermes: SHUT UP! But yeah you seem okay.

Hermes: Alright, we're moving on ahead guys!
Jiraiya: You sure are quick. But sure, I got this!
Nomad: Stop!
Jiraiya: No YOU stop! (blocks the way) I've been asked to hold the line, so nobody's gonna get past me! (throws out a bunch of ornaments and presents from his coat)
Tajikarao: MY EYES
Smoke, noise, and light fills the area.
Jiraiya: Your turn Benten!
Benten: ...oh wait I get it now! Noble Phantasm activate! Nobody's leaving all that smoke!
Nomad (coughing): My nose...! ...bwaah!
Jiraiya: Nothing escapes the toad's tongue. Nobody's moving an inch! Taromaiti, now!
Taromaiti: Got it! Sorry Mr. Detective, I'm tying you up for now.
Nomad: God this sucks!
Benten keeps the smokescreen running, Jiraiya catches someone, and Taromaiti binds them, and on and on for each person there.

Over with Hermes and MC, the two make their way through the second floor avoiding barricades and have to go through a classroom.
Hermes: Hey this door is unlo--hmm!?
Surprise, the door is actually Ose who reveals himself and grabs Hermes.
MC: Hermes! / There you are, Not Ose!
Ose: You two did well getting this far.
Hermes: Sup dick. I figured you'd be waiting somewhere inconvenient, but your artifact targets a person's cognition too, huh?
Ose: ...oh right, you two saw me disguised as Jiraiya before. It'd be natural for you to think I have a disguise power then.

Ose: Hey Hermes, I've studied up on your artifact while observing you. You designate a target with it and change its cognition. More accurately, you change what its currently believed status is and overwrite it with a shaken or reversed faith. The power to control faith is a strong ability, but it has its weakness.
Ose takes a slow step forward.
Ose: You can't use it on me right now even though you want to, right? Because my power means I don't have a definite form to have a cognition of.
MC: So there's no state to reverse / what?

Ose: Yep. It's just a guess so far though. Buuut since he hasn't used it yet on me, it probably means I'm right. What do you say, Hermes?
Hermes: No comment. And what if I said you aren't worth using my power on? We're fighting head on. What point would having a disguise have?
Ose: Heh...so you're saying disguises is all I'm good at? I know it's a cheap taunt, but I'll play along... (flash steps in close to Hermes)
Hermes: OOF!
Hermes attempts to counter, but Ose blocks it with one hand and open palm strikes Hermes back with the other.
Ose: Right. You aren't worth using my power on either. I've already learned how to keep away falling grains of fire before.
MC: Unbelievable! / I let my guard down since he wasn't holding his gun! / you guys this isn't the Berserkers arena
Ose: Oh don't worry MC, I'm not gonna be rough on you. I'll be gentle when capturing you!
Hermes: Get bent asshole!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Ose keeps up the close combat, pushing the party back. Hermes is fast and definitely not some rando could hope to catch, but Ose being as good as he is in combat and espionage means it's not hard for him to keep up.
Ose: Nope!
Ose kicks Hermes' flute away when he uses it as a staff, but MC takes the opportunity to attack Ose. Ose however slides in closer, grabbing MC's arm with one hand and putting the other around their back.
Ose: Hey baby. Wanna dance?
A blue scarf wraps around MC and pulls them away.
Jiraiya: You guys I am here to help!
Hermes: Wait what are you guys done downstairs already?
Jiraiya: Mostly. The girls have it covered!
MC: Thanks Jiraiya / You saved me / Who's a good toad boy~
(C) Jiraiya: Aww, that's sweet of you. Hey wait stop licking us! We're still in the middle of work!

Jiraiya: You're the last one left, Not Ose! I'm forcing my way through! (poof)
Ose looks to the door, but Jiraiya isn't there. Jiraiya attacks from above, which Ose narrowly avoids, but Jiraiya presses the attack.
Ose: Oh is this what people mean by being quicker than the eye? You aren't all talk, Jiraiya! (catches Jiraiya's fist)
Jiraiya: ...go guys!
MC: Okay, good luck!
Hermes: ...we're counting on you!
MC and Hermes continue forward. Along the way they come across a broken window, probably where Benten broke in. It probably drew everyone nearby to her because the way is clear. When they get to the office...
Hermes: Wait, let me open it just in case.
Hermes unlocks the door quickly and pushes it in. Ded's bag is visible within. The two cautiously step in when...
MC: Ah! Fireworks? Is it a signal?
Fireworks start going off outside, and the PA system turns on.

Black: Game's over people, listen up!
Hougen: Hello everyone this is Hougen. The thieves have reached the checkpoint. Sooo...
Black and Hougen: Our special emergency training is over!
Police and Santa Students: NANI
Santa Students: It was just a drill? I was really trying!
Police Students: Oh...we were tricked!
Santa Students: Y'know, who'd really send a calling card?
Police Students: Yeah no one ever does that.
Santa Students: Yeah...time for Christmas!
People start shaking hands and complimenting each others' efforts. However...
Hermes: Sup MC, why you making a face like that? Drill's over, right?
MC: Hermes...were you really going to steal something? What's your deal?
Hermes: (smirks)
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment