Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Christmas Showdown Police Side Episode 4 Part 1 (Abridged)

Zeus, the official World Representative and the Pillar that upholds everything in the world and the origin that connects everything in the world. In Olympus there is also a System that supports Zeus, the 12 Olympians, and Hermes is one of them. The role of the 12 Olympians is to coordinate the world. Zeus is at the center of Olympus and everything has a bond of fate tied to him. Everyone is related to him in some way, whether son (child I guess), sibling, lover, or wife.
Hermes (narrating): Inconsistencies are gonna happen, and my job is to fix them. My given role was to spy on my relatives and deal with the undesirables of my world's faith. Sometimes it's giving the people of Olympus what they don't have to make things fit. Other times I deal with inconvenient truths to the world by being a messenger or negotiator, pulling scams and thefts, and sometimes even murder. It's all to Avoid Contradictions and bring prosperity to Cronos's bloodline.

Day of the Santa Sendoff Ceremony
The party is hanging around on standby in an area near a side door.

Nomad: Why the hell are you here again, Not Ose?
Ose: Aww, don't be like that. I know I threw wrenches into things but I'll be working to make up for it! Plus, haven't you heard of "it takes one to know one"? Who better to catch the thieves besides me or Hermes?
Hermes: Don't just casually bring me up like that or say I'm like you!
Ose: You're no fun. I'm still gonna size you up and all.
MC: Huh / You guys seem to be getting along? / Are you guys actually being friends?
(C) Nomad and Hermes: NO
Ose: Tee hee.

Nomad: ...so, I kinda feel bad for the students who think this is a legit case, but honestly I've enjoyed some parts of all this. Once a detective gets to work, the police get awkward with you while the public shuns you. You can't afford to mess up, or else your life is in danger. It's not often that I get to put my skills to the test with others in a no-holds barred, risky battle. I still wish I had more respectable teammates though.
Hermes: Ruuude...not that you're wrong about my respectability.
Ose: Since I'm doing this for kicks...I can't deny that either.
Nomad: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DENY IT YOU DICKS! Couldn't I have more normal teammates instead of a punk who sets off traps or an admitted double agent!?
MC: I'll never betray you, Nomad! / (Is Hermes okay?) / (Ose is business as usual)
---
(A) Nomad: ...you realize there's a hundred times more severity to that sentence than you think, right?
---
MC looks at the rest of the party while thinking about Ose's conversation from the other day.
Ose: You seem nervous. Take some deep breaths. Don't worry. All the world's a passing dream. Let's have fun with the upcoming showdown, shall we?

Ded's office.
Daikoku: So this was all my suggestion, but I'm surprised you pulled things off as well as you did, Hougen.
Hougen: It's the fruits of everyone's efforts in the Santa School. Right Ded?
White: You are too kind. It's thanks to your police students' efforts...today's the day I'll be seeing how everyone's hard work all year will be paying off. It's almost time to start, so we should go to the broadcasting room. Would you like to join us, Superintendent Daikoku?
Daikoku: I will--
Benten: YOOHOO! Hey Daikoku, are you there? Look, it's me! (shreds biwa)

Hougen: Huh. Isn't she calling out to you?
Daikoku: (OH NO BENTEN WHY IS SHE HERE? I can't risk running into her!)
Daikoku: O-oh you know me, pretty famous in my own right, lots of people have heard about me. It's so lovely when the public remembers me, haha! Oh look at the time, got work to do, money to count, I'm sure you understand. Thanks for the offer, but I can't make it.
White: Oh, well thank you for coming.
Hougen: I'll tell you how the training drill went later.
Daikoku: Splendid! Okay gotta go kthanksbye

Benten: This searchlight is my spotlight tonight! (stands on the rooftop with a megaphone)
Benten: It's that Magica--I mean--Mysterious Beauty Thief here to steal the Holy Night's bangers! Thanks y'all for coming to my thief debut concert, come watch me take all your views away! (waves)
Benten: Okay so idol concerts typically go a certain way, but we're gonna go backwards and do the meet and greet BEFORE the songs! Come get me boys!
Cops: CATCH THE CRAZY GIRL

Dark Cop: Did she just say Daikoku? As in our chief Daikoku?
Water Cop: Whatever. GET HER!
Light Cop: YEAH!
Krampus: We're going in too, guys!
Black Santas: YEAH!
Tajikarao: Couldn't she be trying to be a decoy and--no, stop!
Hermes: ...so what do you think?
MC: Well... / She's a decoy? / Let's go too
(C) The rest of the party shake their heads.

Ose: I wasn't expecting such...forward diversionary tactics.
Nomad: Right? And so many people fell for it. But I guess I can't blame them since they don't know how many of them there really are.
Ose: Indeed. For now we should stand guard for the rest of them with the remaining students.
Tajikarao comes in with some mob cops.
Tajikarao: Oh, you're all still here! It looks like all of us here are the only ones who didn't chase after that girl.
Ose: This is good enough. Will you help us?
Tajikarao: Of course! ...do you have a plan?
Ose: (looks at Hermes)
Hermes: ...of course you noticed. Fiiine, I'll show you the cards I've hidden.
Ose: Tease. I bet you're just itching to go!
Hermes: No, that sounds like a pain in the ass! ...but I DO wanna kick the thieves' asses. Alright, let's get to it. MC and Nomad, help me out.
The party heads towards the first floor back entrance.

Tajikarao is up front with the cops standing guard according to plan while the rest of the party is lying in wait. Nomad hears a noise first. Ose does next, and signals to Hermes and MC with his eyes.
Nomad: (Yep, that's a Wa no Kuni ninja's Presence Concealment alright.) (signals to Hermes that two people he can smell are about to arrive)
Hermes blows his flute, causing the door Jiraiya and Taromaiti was about to open to slam shut instead.
Taromaiti: Wait what!? It's not moving at all!
Jiraiya: Ambushed!
The cops and the party reveal themselves.

Hermes: As patron of thieves, I call upon thee! Noble Phantasm activate! (blows flute and causes all other doors to be sealed as well)
Hermes: Man, we called this a secret plan, but things went exactly as Nomad predicted in his redone strategies partway through. And with the intel Not Ose got of the thieves' plans, we narrowed down the possible routes to two. We could have guarded both of them, but you'd get past anyway. But once you consider how the thieves would avoid the barricades the students built up, they'd come this way for sure!
MC: Oh, I see / Pretty handy artifact there / (didn't it do something different last time?)

Hermes: Don't bother with the doors. My power can reverse the state of what I use it on from where it was. If you try to open it, my power closes it even if you have the key. You could get out if I dispel it, though!
Nomad: Heh heh heh...you aren't getting away from me, the ace detective Nomad!
Ose: Just so you know I'm not gonna be your assistant.
Jiraiya and Taromaiti square up to fight even as they look surprised.
Taromaiti: Well I never saw this coming.
Taromaiti (whispering): What do we do, Jiraiya? If Hermes is telling the truth, I can't see how we can win. IF.
Jiraiya: Yeah, "if". My homeworld believes toads can't win against snakes, but you know what? It also believes slugs beat snakes and toads beats slugs.
Every power between heaven and earth will always be tied to a role. People who gain special powers also carry a secret weakness which sometimes leads to their death.
Jiraiya: There has to be a way around it we haven't figured out yet.
Taromaiti: Breaking preconceived notions? That's my specialty! We're not surrendering here!
Jiraiya: Yeah! I'm not someone who gets stopped this fast! Put 'em up!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Taromaiti: Secretknight Stab!
Wood Cop: Ahh!
The thief side has surprisingly taken advantage of the narrow hallway to force the battles to be one on one. Jiraiya pulls a cop in with his artifact, and Taromaiti KOs them. When someone attempts to attack her during the opening she leaves after her own attack, the two of them switch attack and defense roles.
Jiraiya: We can make things work if we use other advantages even if numbers are against us! Impressed!?
MC: Wow they're good at fighting as a team / Nice costumes! / Sup bro!
(B) Jiraiya and Taromaiti: (flattered)
Nomad: OH MY GOD FOCUS
(C) Tajikarao (shocked): Why are you encouraging them!? They're thieves!

The party's attacks are starting to slow down. Nomad and Ose keep trying to step forward, but Jiraiya keeps forcing nameless cops up instead. The police side is getting whittled down, and while Nomad is trying to figure a way around this he has doubts about something.
Nomad: (Why are they going so slow with this fight when they feel so good with their chances? They could've focused on Hermes if they wanted to run. Unless...)
Nomad: !! Hermes! Cancel your power!
Hermes: What? Why?
Nomad: These guys are the real decoys! Crazy girl from earlier is the real thief going in for the goal!
Hermes: ...oh, I see.

Ose: Huh. The little lady draws the bigger crowd away while you guys keep the ones who see through it occupied. So she must have some crowd control tricks then? How audacious.
Jiraiya: Tsk, they figured it out. Let's skedaddle!
Taromaiti: Right! And I've figured out how your power works now, Hermes! (opens the door by attempting to close it)
Hermes: !
Taromaiti: You're reversing our senses, turning our wanting to open the door into an action of closing it instead.
Jiraiya: kbye! (reaches for his pocket)
Nomad: Oh no you don't! William Blake reference! (zooms like a red comet at Jiraiya)
Jiraiya: (drops a smoke bomb and manages to block Nomad's punch by reflex)

Jiraiya: I never thought I'd be fighting you, Nomad!
Nomad: Give up, "whoever you are!"
Jiraiya: Oh right we're pretending not to know each other for this
Taromaiti: Jiraiya--(gets shot at)--I guess it's not gonna be that easy, huh!
Ose (warding off a combo string while separating Taromaiti away): Nice moves. Now let's really go one-on-one.
Nomad: Hermes, MC! You two go on ahead! The rest of you unimportant losers, guard the halls and stairs! We just need to keep these two from leaving!
Hermes: Counting on you guys! Let's go, MC!
End of Episode Part

No comments:

Post a Comment