Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Christmas Showdown Police Side Episode 4 Part 2 (Abridged)

Hermes: Let's go! (picks up MC and practically flies to the second floor)
MC: omg so fast! / I'm gonna blow up chunks / can we stay like this forever
---
(A) Hermes: Surprised? I'm quick on my feet!
(B) Hermes: Sorry, did I go too fast? You okay?
(C) Hermes: WHAT? You're walking the rest of the way!
---
Hermes (putting down MC): So, where's Miss Wild and Crazy?
MC: Let's try Ded's office / Hmm... / Head empty, Hermes you choose!
(A) Hermes: Oh okay. So we ambush her at the goal line?
(B) Hermes: Well if we think about where the treasure would be...Ded's office then?
(C) Hermes: Well don't blame me if punting the work on me blows up on you. Okay I'm kidding, that's just how I'd normally be but now's not the time. Alright, fine. How about Ded's office?

MC and Hermes head over for the office, passing by a broken window and turning a corner to find...
Hermes: ...why are all these policemen lying on the ground!?
MC: OH NO THEY DEAD / Are they unconscious? / (move closer)
---
(A) Hermes: I know it's rich coming from me, but you really like jokes don't you? (walks over and checks)
(B) Hermes: ...not really? (walks over and checks)
(C) You discovered Krampus.
Krampus: I'm the great...Enma...zzz
---
Hermes: They're all asleep. Did she do this? If she did she might already have gotten to the treasure spot.
Hermes: We gotta hurry! I'm going on ahead!
MC: I'm counting on you! / I'll come too
---
(A) Hermes: Right! You meet up with Nomad and Not Ose!
(B) Hermes: Sorry I'll be running full speed ahead, so you might not be able to keep up. Don't worry, go meet up with Nomad and Not Ose!
---
Hermes: Later! (zooms off in an instant)
MC: How fast is he!? / ...should I have let him go alone?
(B) MC remembers what Ose said from the other day and starts getting anxious about the sudden forced split up.

Just as MC is about to go too...
Benten: OMG MC! What are you doing here!? Oh wait, did you come running when you heard about my guerilla concert!?
MC: OH NO BENTEN / Why are YOU here!? / (Why'd she come from the opposite direction from Ded's office?)
Benten: Aww, don't feel bad about being so surprised. I bet you're wondering why I came over here instead of where the treasure is, huh? (strums biwa)
Benten: Well, I doubt you'd understand how I feel. Nobody understands me, running around in a strange school like a headless chicken with no clue where things are!
MC: Oh
Benten: SHUT UP I'M NOT LOST! Now tell me where the treasure is! If I win, you take me there! If you win, I'll go with you! Fight me!
MC: Sooo I go with you either way / Girl I'm in a hurry here / Stop, thief!
---
(A) Benten: Stop sweating the small stuff! You are messing up my GROOVE here!
(B) Benten: D-don't harsh my vibes like that so quickly! You are messing up my GROOVE here!
(C) Benten: ...yeah, that's the spirit!
---
Benten: Okay ready? Let's do it!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Benten: I am le artiste, so I gotta make a bang don't I? Let's go, Sarasvati Wipeout!
Before Benten activates her artifact, she throws a small ball overhead which starts shining like a spotlight on MC.
MC: MY EYES (shuts eyes)
Benten: (continues rocking and drops some other balls that pop into colorful lights) C'mon, here comes the hook of my song!
MC manages to regain their sight and starts charging in sword in hand. Benten starts stomping on the balls she dropped at the same time, and once smoke comes out she takes a big step down.
MC: Wait, are those firecrackers!? This isn't Benten's power!

Bright sparks and loud explosions abound, and MC upon realizing what's happening quickly shuts their eyes and ears. By the time the noise stops, the smoke from the firecrackers drifts over despite there being no wind.
Benten: I figured you'd avoid the first wave, so I've split this into two waves! Think you can catch me in this smokescreen!?
MC: Noble Phantasm activate! I cut the Flow of this smoke!
With Benten's power dispelled from the smoke, the smokescreen starts dissipating.
Benten: What kind of instincts do you have!?
MC: Too bad. Did you get all those tools from Jiraiya?

Benten: Yep! All Jiraiya customs! We got a spotlight flash bomb, firecracker sparklers, and smoke bombs! Jiraiya also made me take sleep smoke for protection I just used up and some toad oil!
MC: Wow.
Benten: Well now that you've figured me out, my tricks won't work on you anymore. Which means...
Benten lowers her biwa and starts approaching slowly. MC also decides to let their guard down.
Benten: ...brute force is my only hope!
Benten swings her instrument, but barely grazes MC's nose.
Benten: Dammit, I missed!
MC: omg / would you stop with your biwa? / is that an ax or something!?
Benten: I thought you understood me a little...but not enough! I'm not giving up that easy! Now gimme what I want if you don't wanna get hurt!
MC: (I'm running out of time...I have to get to Ded's office. Maybe I should talk to Benten?)

MC starts stressing out about getting to Ded's office since Hermes could get there any second. Maybe nothing will happen, but something about him seemed off when he left.
Benten: (notices something behind MC)
Daikoku: ...oh no Benten!
Benten: Daikoku, is that you? I can't see well past the smoke. You sound and look different from what I remember, but whatever! You must have changed since back then! (starts running towards Daikoku)
Benten: Daikoku you are the WORST! If you came here you should have said something t--WAH! (judo thrown)
Daikoku?: Girlie, you are a walking cyclone. (pins Benten's arms behind her)
MC: OMG BENTEN / Super Smash Lucky Gods! / ...sooo you aren't Daikoku?
Daikoku?: I said I'd protect you, and so I'm here like I said I would yesterday. (reveals himself as Ose)
MC: Thanks Ose

Benten: Daikoku what's with the snooty li--YOU AREN'T DAIKOKU
Ose: How do you do, Mysterious Beauty Thief? Sorry I wasn't who you thought I was. I apologize for the inelegant meeting, but we're tying you up for now. All that's left is Jiraiya, but I think that'll sort itself out sooner or later. So, MC?
MC: Yeah, I'll go after Hermes.
Ose: ...I'd like to go with you, but we can't spare a second. You've noticed, right? We can't leave him alone.
MC runs off towards Ded's office. Policemen out cold can be seen from far away, and once MC gets to the door and tries to open it, party poppers and firecrackers go off. And then the loudspeakers all turn on.

Black: Game's over people, listen up!
Hougen: Hello everyone this is Hougen. All thieves have been captured. Sooo...
Black and Hougen: Our special emergency training is over!
Police and Santa Students: NANI
Inside Ded's office
Hermes (in a new outfit): S'up MC, you got here fast. Didn't you see Benten? ...what, why are you looking at me like that? Drill's over, right?
MC: ...was this your goal all along?
Hermes: (smirks)
End of Episode

 

1 comment:

  1. Y'know, this is probably the most anxious/doubtful I've ever read/remembered the MC be towards somebody since usually they're trusting to a fault here.

    ReplyDelete