Monday, February 28, 2022

Christmas Showdown Thief Side Episode 4 Part 1 (Abridged)

Zeus, the official World Representative and the Pillar that upholds everything in the world and the origin that connects everything in the world. In Olympus there is also a System that supports Zeus, the 12 Olympians, and Hermes is one of them. The role of the 12 Olympians is to coordinate the world. Zeus is at the center of Olympus and everything has a bond of fate tied to him. Everyone is related to him in some way, whether son (child I guess), sibling, lover, or wife.
Hermes (narrating): Inconsistencies are gonna happen, and my job is to fix them. My given role was to spy on my relatives and deal with the undesirables of my world's faith. Sometimes it's giving the people of Olympus what they don't have to make things fit. Other times I deal with inconvenient truths to the world by being a messenger or negotiator, pulling scams and thefts, and sometimes even murder. It's all to Avoid Contradictions and bring prosperity to Cronos's bloodline.

Day of the heist
The party is lying in wait at a point they set up earlier and are scoping the situation out. There are several spots in the Santa School campus that are unlikely to be found, but getting close looks to be hard with the security and patrol routes.

MC: I'm getting nervous / Good luck guys / I wonder if Benten is okay
---
(A) Jiraiya: Hey, just remember you got the great thief Jiraiya with you. Now we just gotta wait for Benten.
(B) Jiraiya: Right! First thing to do is to make our big entrance! Now we just gotta wait for Benten.
(C) Jiraiya: Pssh, it'll be fiiine. I taught her the ropes!
---
Hermes: I know this was a rush job, but the plan turned out pretty bold, huh?
Taromaiti: It'd have to be if we're going to circumvent Not Ose or whatever his name is. They're strong, but I have to do my best as a thief and member of Cafe Asterism.

Elsewhere
Benten: ...this is a pretty important job. If I mess up the whole thing's gonna be a bust. I'm getting nervous...why'd I think going solo would be easy?
Benten looks around. Security on the roof is lighter, and the cops are guarding the entrances in. Searchlights are sweeping around to erase the shadows, but Benten moves through the blind spots as Jiraiya taught her.
Benten: Y'know sneaking around isn't REALLY my style...but maybe being a stealth influencer could be good?
Benten looks around again, then has an idea come to mind when she looks at the tower the highest searchlight is shining from.
Benten: Hmm...spotlight...having everyone see my mistakes...these nerves...I got it!

Ded's office.
Daikoku: So this was all my suggestion, but I'm surprised you pulled things off as well as you did, Hougen.
Hougen: It's the fruits of everyone's efforts in the Santa School. Right Ded?
White: You are too kind. It's thanks to your police students' efforts...today's the day I'll be seeing how everyone's hard work all year will be paying off. It's almost time to start, so we should go to the broadcasting room. Would you like to join us, Superintendent Daikoku?
Daikoku: I will--
Benten: YOOHOO! Hey Daikoku, are you there? Look, it's me! (shreds biwa)

Hougen: Huh. Isn't she calling out to you?
Daikoku: (OH NO BENTEN WHY IS SHE HERE? I can't risk running into her!)
Daikoku: O-oh you know me, pretty famous in my own right, lots of people have heard about me. It's so lovely when the public remembers me, haha! Oh look at the time, got work to do, money to count, I'm sure you understand. Thanks for the offer, but I can't make it.
White: Oh, well thank you for coming.
Hougen: I'll tell you how the training drill went later.
Daikoku: Splendid! Okay gotta go kthanksbye

Benten: This searchlight is my spotlight tonight! (stands on the rooftop with a megaphone)
Benten: It's that Magica--I mean--Mysterious Beauty Thief here to steal the Holy Night's bangers! Thanks y'all for coming to my thief debut concert, come watch me take all your views away! (waves)
Benten: Okay so idol concerts typically go a certain way, but we're gonna go backwards and do the meet and greet BEFORE the songs! Come get me boys!
Cops: CATCH THE CRAZY GIRL

The cops start running towards Benten, but Benten has scattered something all over the roofs that make standing upright difficult.
Water Cop: Oh no it's slippery! Reinforcements!
Benten: Catch me if you can! My appearance fee is this school's treasure! You better be ready to pay me my money!
Krampus: Get her!
Santa Students: YEAAAH
More cops and Santa students run in. They don't notice the oil slick either. Eventually a mountain of tripped people piles up.
Benten: ...this toad oil is awesome! (swings down on a wire and jumps over to a second floor window)

Back to the rest of the party
MC: Whoa! / She's acting like this is a concert!? / She really went with that title...
The party moves out upon hearing Benten crash through a window.
Jiraiya: Benten did great! The details are off, but she lured out the cops and that works for us!
Taromaiti: So, at least half the students are up there?
Hermes: Meaning we have to deal with the rest ourselves. Let's go.
Hermes leads the party into the school. A bunch of cops are guarding a backdoor to a storehouse and start coming your way. Hermes takes out his flute and activates it on the doors and windows.
Light Cop: OOF! The door shut while I tried to open it! (falls over)
Jiraiya: Dang, nice power Hermes!
Hermes: Right? It's my specialty!
MC: Awesome artifact / I want it! / Shut up you guys!
(B) Taromaiti: W-why?
(C) Jiraiya: Oh, right. We gotta be careful going forward.

Jiraiya takes the lead now.
Hermes: So it's just the security team left. I probably can't cast Sleep on them the way things are.
Taromaiti: Is it different from the time you met those cops the other day?
MC: It changes depending on the person? / It changes depending on the situation? / That artifact can do a lot of things.
Hermes: Locking a door someone tries to open or putting someone to sleep are just scams in the end. My artifact has the power to invert someone's cognitions. If you want to open something, you close it. If you want to be on high alert, you go to sleep. The stronger something is, the greater the effect in reversing it. That's why I had to piss those cops off.
Jiraiya: Ooh. So it won't do much on people who don't go to physical or emotional extremes? ...can you narrow your power down a bit?

Later
Fire Cop: This is Area C. No sign of the thieves yet.
Shadow Cop: ...is there really more than one of them? That thief girl showed up all on her own and made a show of it.
Fire Cop: Didn't I say to consider she could be a decoy? She made too big an entrance for someone trying to sneak in.
Wood Cop: Focus guys. We can't embarrass Tajikarao-senpai.
Flute noises
Wood Cop: D'ya guys hear tha--YOUR PANTS FELL DOWN
Shadow Cop: But I tied my belt up and everyth--wait so are yours!
Fire Cop: Oh no! Quick, get into that locker room and chang--
Jiraiya: Hi guys. (WHACK) Bye guys.
Taromaiti and MC catch the KOed cops and gently set them down. Then the party sneaks and hides in another room.
MC: I didn't know you could use an artifact like that / Just like Hermes? / I want it even more now
---
(C) Taromaiti: Hermes is being a bad influence on MC
Hermes: We're in the middle of a heist! It's just for today!
---
Jiraiya: Now, the way to Ded's office is...
The party continues on, making progress with little issue. The staircase is blocked by a wall of desks, meaning the only way up is through the grand staircase at the front entrance atrium.

Front entrance stairway
Nomad: There you guys are!
Hermes: Hey, a real detective. So we're getting to the best part of the case?
Nomad: Hehehe--I mean shut up! It's not like I'm happy punk ass thieves are calling me a detective or anything!
Jiraiya: Welp, things have been going to plan so far. Benten's got like half the student force chasing after her, so if we get past these guys the goal's not too far away!
MC: (So Touji IS here) / (I wish I wasn't up against Tajikarao) / (Nomad looks cool)
MC prays they aren't noticed by the opposition. Jiraiya stands ready while hiding his artifact and remembering the plan. The police side starts taking positions too. Suddenly...
Benten: I can't take this anymore! WAAAAH
MC: Benten? Why is she coming here?

Santa Students: Stop, Thief Girl!
Benten: Nobody told me there'd be this many people! I can't run forever! Oh wait, oh no! Out of the way cops, aaaaahhh!
Jiraiya: Benten, jump!
Benten: What!?
Benten understands upon seeing something blue come for her and jumps. Jiraiya's scarf pulls her towards the party.
Benten: Thanks senpai! Also sorry I couldn't play decoy for so many people!
Jiraiya: Nah, it's cool! You bought us plenty of time to get this far already!
Hermes: But now everyone else still up is all together.
Taromaiti: Yeah, I don't think we can win in a head on fight.
Jiraiya: But this is where things get fun! Time for the Jiraiya Phantom Thieves to show their stuff!
MC: Go bro! / I'm getting nervous! / Is that really our group name!?
Nomad: Get them! Show them what you learned in school!
Krampus, Touji, and Tajikarao: YEEEAAAAH
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment