Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Live A Hero Chapter 5 Episode 4: The Marionettes (Abridged)

Sadayoshi (narrating): I don't remember how I became part of the Ikusabata family. When I was old enough to understand what was happening, I was given the name of Sadayoshi and raised as the heir of the famous Ikusabata family.
Flashback
Ikusabata Patriarch: USELESS excuse for a soldier. If you want to be a REAL Ikusabata and loyal to glorious Japan, you must remember that your will is less important than your orders. Your opinion is less important than the country. Get rid of your friends who talked you into breaking curfew. But politely!
Sadayoshi: ...yes Father.

Sadayoshi (narrating): I was raised to be obedient to my father's orders, and I became a soldier like they wished. I learned martial arts, became a hero, went through many battles, and attained a position that wouldn't embarrass the family. But when I was younger...an evil thought asked if it really was okay for my life to turn out this way. Was the soldier I was raised as actually who I really am?
Sadayoshi (narrating): That thought disappeared when the people I saved smiled and thanked me. Validation for fulfilling the expectations set on me. It made me realize that saving the people and cities I love is my duty as a soldier and my reason for living as a person.

Present
Sadayoshi: Soldier Punch!
Sui: Ahh!
Akashi: Damn he's strong!
Ryekie: You two! Urgh, we really are at a disadvantage!
MC: Justice, behind you!
Ryekie: Wha--ah! *(punched right at the back of the head and falls)*
Huckle: Ahh! Mr. Ryekie!
Kyoichi: Dammit...total wipeout.
MC: Oh no, we lost!

Mob A: ...Colonel, all targets subdued.
Sadayoshi: Good work. Put all the heroes and Operators except for one of them onto the watch list, then move them to the observation center.
Mob A: Yes sir.
The military group start arresting the party.
Mob B: You too. Hands in front.
Crowne: M-me!? Why!?
Mob B: Someone who looks like you was spotted at the attack last week illegally opening Paths. You are to be added to the government watch list and detained as a possible person of interest.
Crowne: T-that's not...umm... (gives in)

Mob A: ...you too, arms in front. Resistance is useless.
MC: ... (handcuffed)
Sadayoshi: Unfortunately, since you all tried to break into a restricted area you will all be held inside an observation center. Please understand.
Akashi: NO! Let go dammit!
Sui: ...
Akashi gets shoved into the prison bus they have.
Mob A: ...your turn. Please get in.
MC: Dammit...

Huckle: Wait, please!
Sadayoshi: Mister Huckle. You are not marked for observation or detention. The only people to be put into custody are those who fought in this battle and Ms. Crowne. Since you didn't fight here as an Observer, you have been exempted from arrest.
Huckle: Never mind me!  Your reasons for arresting everyone else is unacceptable! This cannot be how this country's government acts!
Sadayoshi (struggling to say so): ...they have already decided upon it.
Sadayoshi turns and boards the bus, then locks the door before it drives away.
Huckle: No! (bites lips in frustration at his powerlessness)

Later
The prison bus is driving through the suburban streets of Orient City, and a sign says it's another 10 km to the lockdown border.

Victom: We left the southern ward rather fast. It looks like we're heading to the metropolitan area.
Akashi: But that's not where we wanna go! Dammit, I can't get out of this!
Ryekie: The bus is blocking electric signals. I can't call Huckle.
Barrel: (sigh) I can't believe I'm the one in cuffs this time. As a policeman this sucks.
Furlong: Where ARE they taking us? I heard observation center but...
Gammei: I bet we're detouring around the lockdown area to the holding area in the eastern ward. They got all the newest gear there and can block off all electric signals from outside. Perfect for holding heroes and Observers.
Mokdai: We're being treated like criminals...
Sui: Aren't we criminals now? To them at least...
Shoen: How regrettable that we cannot save the city...
Toshu: Is this how it ends...?

Crowne: ... (slightly shivering)
MC: Crowne? Are you cold?
Crowne: ...nah. It's just...I've been getting chills for some reason now. Bugs? No, wait. It's getting stronger the closer we get to town. What's going on?
Sudden bus shaking and brakes!
Ryekie: OH WHAT
Akashi: MOKDAI GET OFF OF ME
Mokdai: S-sorry, it was the sudden brakes!
Gammei: Ow. What happened?
Victom: Was that...an earthquake?
The bus shakes again like before. Soldiers outside are yelling something.
MC: I hear yelling but I can't hear through the windows being so thick.

Barrel: I hear yelling and...gunshots?
Furlong: Did Monsters show up? There was that earthquake.
Knocks come from the back of the bus.
Familiar Violent Voice: Get away from the door!
MC: This voice! / Who
Kyoichi: MC, get away from there! (pulls MC into a protective hug away from the door)
A bright light covers the bus door. Then...

BOOM
Akashi: OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED
Crowne: (coughs) W-was that an explosion!?
Yoshiori walks through the smoke.
Yoshiori: Sup punks. You in trouble?
MC: Yoshiori! / Yay, it's Yoshiori!
(B) Yoshiori: WHAT DON'T JUMP AT ME, LEGGO

Sui: Y-Yoshiori!? Why are you here!?
Akashi: And actually, where have you been!? How's Exio!?
Gammei: Hey isn't that the guy who
Yoshiori: Talk later! Time to cut everyone's cuffs!
Everyone gets out after Yoshori destroys the cuffs, and outside they find...
Melide: MC. I'm glad you're alive.
Monomasa: Sorry we couldn't give you a proper goodbye earlier.
MC: Melide! Monomasa! You guys!
Yoshiori: Don't forget about this guy. (walks back lending his shoulder to...)
Exio: Hi. I came to save the day.
MC: Exio!

Crowne: You're alive!
Exio: Yes, but not totally okay. Enough to not slow everyone down though.
Exio has a bandage wrap on and is holding where Crowne Alter stabbed him.
Sui: I actually think it's amazing you can move even though it hasn't been a week yet.
Barrel: Are you guys the villains Akashi and the others talked about? Why'd you come save us?
Yoshiori: Because you guys sucked so bad we had to do something.
Melide: No Yoshiori, that's not it.
Monomasa: We both want to stop the giant Monster at the Invisible Mountain and stop that one Observer, so working together would be better.
Exio: Yes, that. We aren't here to make you guys owe us, so relax.

Toshu: ...MC, is it okay to trust them?
Kyoichi: Y-yeah I'm worried if there's any strings attached too.
MC: Yep. Maybe. I know they're shady...
Mokdai: Monomasa is right that we have the same goals. We worked with them when the Monster was half awake, but I don't think they're lying. It should be okay.
Ryekie: They're villains, but they're legit strong!
Victom: ...okay. Feels weird to work with villains.
Furlong: But it's true it's comforting to have more people around!
Shoen: Umu. I agree with temporarily aligning with them. We don't have much time to argue the point anyway.

Yoshiori: I just kicked all their asses and they're back for more already. That was fast.
Monomasa: Their boss is here too. We should be careful.
The mobs surround the party again. Sadayoshi slips forward.
Sadayoshi: A new risk factor to consider? You must be highly trained to push us back so far. Why do you oppose us? What is your goal?
Exio: Our goal's the same as these heroes, so of course we'd help them. Also, I have something I need to make sure of, so I can't let you stop them here.
MC: What?

Sadayoshi: ...you would obstruct an operation that would save a majority of the nation's citizens for a personal goal? I must say that sounds highly foolish.
Yoshiori: Ha. So dropping the HFCM space nuke is the sMaRT choice?
Sadayoshi: !! How did you know?
Monomasa: What's foolish is thinking you have no traitors in your midst. We know what your plans are.
Exio: Wanna check out my client list sometime? It's in the lockdown area buried under rubble.
Sadayoshi: ...

Monomasa: Blowing up the city along with the Monster for lack of better ideas is the planning of a child. You honestly agreed to that?
Sadayoshi: ...because we have no alternatives.
Monomasa: I'm not talking about a lack of options. I'm asking if you truly agree with your current plan.
Sadayoshi: ...it is unfortunate. The decision will not be overturned.
Yoshiori: Stop avoiding the question, hot shot!
Sadayoshi: ... (grinds teeth in frustration)

Akashi: You really don't, do you? We all saw you slipping up and showing your personal feelings yesterday.
Flashback
Sadayoshi: ...Orient City is my hometown, and I do not want to lose it. There are many parts to this operation I have difficulty accepting. The National Defense Department attacking a part of its own country is getting its priorities skewed to the utmost!
Present
MC: That's how you really feel, right?
Sadayoshi: ...I also said the plan wouldn't be reversed. There's nothing to be done about how destroying the city will save even more people. On that part...I agree.

Crowne: ...you're such a yes-man.
Sadayoshi: Of course I am. I must give all of myself for this nation's people. I must always...obey my superior's orders. That was how I was raised.
Monomasa: ...that sounds like the life Monomasa lived. He was tired of such a life and withdrew while you accepted it. Such opposites. That must be why Monomasa hates you so much.
Crowne: Sure, there are people who'd choose that life for themselves. I won't deny that, but it sounds like we're never gonna see eye to eye.
Sadayoshi: ...how regrettable it is to be disliked in this way. But that is the reason I cannot forsake my duty. (transforms)

Sadayoshi: We will put you all under surveillance. Prepare yourselves.
Kyoichi: Get bent! We're gonna carry out our own justice!
Toshu: Know that there are those of us who cannot obey you as we have found a worthy cause to support!
Shoen: Rivals teaming up, or being in the same boat, as they say?
Furlong: This time we're gonna win!
Victom: It's not about winning. It's about how we can't let ourselves lose here!
Barrel: We'll be back at square one if we get caught. We have to break through!
Gammei: Get ready, guys!
Ryekie: The goal is to cut our way through!
Sui: Okay! We just need to shake them off!
Mokdai: They have more power on their side...but I don't want to give up!
Akashi: Yeah! MC, suit us all up so we can bust on over!
MC: Right! Execute!
Exio: I'll help too. Melide, can you lend a hand?
Melide: Okay. If we're just trying to get past, I can try harder too.
The party transforms.
Yoshiori: Alright! Hey, general! Lemme introduce my fist to your face!
Monomasa: I won't let you have your way. Let's go.
Sadayoshi: You took the words out of my mouth. All hands, engage!
BATTLE START

2 comments:

  1. pleaaaaase... i cant wait for next episodes.... its a torture to wait this...
    this is what my mind wanted to say. thanks man, 4 translation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how much you beg, you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved...
    Sadayoshi's upbringing sounds so sad, and the fact that he accepted it as normal breaks my heart. And knowing that Monomasa broke under the same upbringing brings me immense pain.

    ReplyDelete