Monday, September 7, 2026

Scramble World Trophy Episode 5 Part 2 (Abridged)

Flashback!
Carbuncle: (gets ass kicked) ow. Thanks Jacob.
Jacob: You're getting better. So why are you training so hard?
Carbuncle: To protect myself and fight my own battles.
On that day, when that one priest told Carbuncle to never come back, Carbuncle was alone again.

Carbuncle: I never had anyone who saw me for me until then. Or couldn't. Whichever. It was nice to not be treated as someone else. Then he was gone. I always wondered why. But now I'm thinking of something else. I wanted to make him happy somehow. How did I want to be remembered became the question now.

Present
Gargoyle: Oh no! Carbuncle!
Gargoyle's used up almost all his energy and can't keep up with Michael! But something passes him!

Gargoyle: What!?
MC and Carbuncle step forward!

Michael: So, surrendering?
MC: Nah, we'll win.
Michael: Oh okay, I'll just have to beat you myself.
Carbuncle: No you won't! I'm gonna live freely!
Carbuncle thinks about everyone present and whispers to MC.

Carbuncle: So I was pissed at being the trophy at first, but it was nice not being what everyone in the team was fighting for. You know how it is?
MC: Yes / Sorta / Being a support was fun

Carbuncle: Heh, yeah. Everyone has their own fun. Girimekhala worked hard to stand proud. Otohime tried hard for the sake of it. Chernobog wanted to enjoy his time. And Aegir was in it for himself.
Carbuncle was happy they helped but still had their own things going on.

Carbuncle: What do you see when you look at me, MC? Cute, or...?
MC: (shrug) / Like you're having fun? / What if I said "sad?"
Carbuncle: Eh, whatever. I'm glad we did this together.
Michael: Fine, I can play along to make you feel better.
Michael raises his sword. He's determined.

Michael: What's so wrong with being a pet trophy?
Michael flashes behind Carbuncle and swings at him!

Carbuncle: OH NO
MC: Look out! (tank for Carbuncle)

Pow! MC is mostly out!
Michael: ...well I win, Brother.
Carbuncle: Sorry for fumbling things, MC... Plus he still has two teammates up. We're gonna be so cooked if they get here, so we gotta finish quick.
MC: Let's work together!
Carbuncle: But we'll lose in a stat contest!
MC: We're still in a sports game with sports rules!
Carbuncle: !!
Carbuncle gets an idea and pulls MC off on a run!

MC: wait what!?
Meanwhile

Michael: Wait, why are you running!?
Well this does make regrouping easier. But wait...

Michael: Oh right they still have stealth suits. Tsk.
Onyankopon was the team member with radar, and he's out.

Michael: Stall tactics? Then I just have to finish MC off first!
Michael flies after MC and Carbuncle!
Later

Michael: Did you really think you could outrun me?
Michael doesn't see Carbuncle anywhere.

Michael: I see through your petty tricks! Noble Phantasm, fire!
Anti-gravity aura deployed!

Michael: Now Carbuncle will get Zero Gravity'd if he gets close. Have at you!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Michael: Really? Is that it?
Hmm, MC seems too weak to Michael. Suddenly MC charges at Michael!

Michael: What!?
Flashback!

Carbuncle: Okay so we can't win in a straight fight. But we still have a chance thanks to everyone's work.
MC: What? Oh!
Carbuncle: They have 51 points. We have 58. If we pull a double KO, then we still keep our lead!
Present
Michael: No! ...kidding.
Michael shoots MC!

Michael: Haha! Finally I have--wait, what!?

MC turns out to have been Carbuncle instead!
Carbuncle: Surprise.
Carbuncle tackles Michael and gets petrified by Gargoyle on the way!

Gargoyle: Haha, fooled you!
Michael: Then where is MC!?
MC: Hi. You lose thanks to our teamwork.
Michael: GODDAMMIT NOOOO
bonk
Game's over!

MC: did we win? / HELL YEEEEAAAAHHHH
Carbuncle: Oh my god MC, we won! I can't believe it like whoa my legs are giving out.
MC: (cheer with Carbuncle) / (hold Carbuncle up) / (hug Carbuncle)
(A) Carbuncle: Man, if we didn't have you...
(BC) Carbuncle: Whoa! Thanks MC, I'm glad we teamed up.

Aegir: S'up bitches, good game out there!
Carbuncle: OW did you just break something!?
Here comes the rest of the party!

Otohime: Congratulations.
Chernobog: I believed in thee.
MC: How was I, Aegir? / You're the star, Otohime / Thanks for guarding me, Chernobog
---
(A) Aegir: Brilliant. Now get over here and let me cherish you.
(B) Otohime: Oh... we were all needed for this victory. It has been... fun.
(C) Chernobog: Heh. I am glad I accepted your invitation. What should we do next?
---
Girimekhala: Seriously, damn. So much pressure with the crowds here.
Gargoyle: Be sure to appreciate how I wore down Michael!
Carbuncle: WHAT? ...well you did help out.
Gargoyle: Your cheering earlier hit real good. Wish I recorded it.
Carbuncle: S-shut up!
MC: Your sumo game set us ahead / yep that's some good beef / great plan, Carbuncle
(A) Girimekhala: I-I guess, but it's thanks to everyone's cheering I placed second there.
(B) Gargoyle: Awww yiiissss. And... sorry for getting you involved. But I'll make you a great statue whenever you want!
(C) Carbuncle: Tee hee. I guess I see myself a little better. And... I have all of you guys now.

Crowd applause!
Carbuncle: Wow is this for us?
Girimekhala: OH NO I'M GETTING STAGE FRIGHT
Otohime: Would you like me to hold your hand so you won't trip? I am apparently just that strong.
Girimekhala: l-lewd. no thanks.
Chernobog: Wait I am starting to feel nerves too.
Aegir: Whoa, are YOU asking to hold hands? Bold.
Chernobog: N-no! My brave, I have no such ulterior motives!
Gargoyle: Is it time for me to petrify everyone!?
Carbuncle: Stop rubbing your fetish everywhere and start walking!
Announcements for all teams to assemble!

Later
Andvari: Mkay, awards ceremony speech time with Claude now.
Claude: Well done, everyone. I sincerely hope everyone enjoyed sweating it out like so.
Everyone seems to have enjoyed it all.

Claude: So maybe things may have sucked for some of you, but that just means you can work harder to do better next time!
Claude walks off. Audience applause.

Andvari: And now the awards part! 3rd place with 52 points, Team Eastern Tokyo!
Michael: I can't believe we only came in at third.
Michael seems okay.

Andvari: How was the fest?
Michael: I'm disappointed with myself at the end, but I'll win against Brother next time.
Andvari: Cool. Big round of applause, everyone!
MC: He might win next time / come at me bro / Heh. Loser.
(C) Michael: What's that look for!?
Horus: I wish Uncle would look at ME like that how infuriating!

Gargoyle: Heh, so the hero angel finally understands the value of training and working out?
Carbuncle: Not really? Like god I hope not.
Gargoyle: I'll find you a workout buddy if he joins the gym.
Second place is Team Yoyogi! Kyuma goes up.

Andvari: So like nice playing that last game.
Durga: I can't believe we lost first place in a sports fest! But it was fun playing against MC and Chernobog. Also Otohime, I'll race you in swimming sometime.
Otohime: Gladly.
Ashigara: In that case, I challenge Girimekhala! I'll bring Yasuyori for a rematch! Wanna join our sumo club?
Girimekhala: WHAT? ...I mean I'll check it out at least.
Wakan Tanka: Teach me your ways, Aegir!
Aegir: 'kay.
Gunzo: Senpai, I'm pretty sure he's gonna go hardcore.
Gargoyle: Come at me, Taurus Mask! I'll petrify you afterwards!
Taurus Mask: HOW DID WE GET TO THIS POINT!? But sure, I'll challenge you again!
Avarga: Hey, I'mma always be 'round to protect my students!
Taurus Mask: It's cool, I just have to win!
Gargoyle: Aww, how cute. I can just petrify you both.
Andvari: Y'all, we have awards to give out! Kyuma, say something already.
Kyuma: UHHHH great playing, guys! Sorry I sucked.
Supportive jocks.

Kyuma: I wanted to do better on my own, and failed even after tapping in, but I feel better for having tried. We lost, but it was nice going up against MC and their team. Let's play ball sometime.
MC: I suck at actual baseball / go easy on me / Sure!
(AB) Chernobog: I would like to try too, terrible as I might be.
(C) Chernobog: I look forward to it as well, even if I may be unskilled.

Kyuma: Anyways, go team! I'll do better if I'm in next time! Thanks for all your support!
Polite clapping! Now it's Team Carbuncle's turn! But first...

Carbuncle: MC, help. Stage fright.
MC: What!? / same / but you sang for this crowd earlier!
Carbuncle: I didn't have to think about it before! Now everyone's gonna be looking at me myself for once...
Girimekhala: Dude, just get out there.
Chernobog: Yes, we are here with thee.
Aegir: Yep.
Otohime: Has the time come for me to be the comic relief?
Gargoyle: Don't.
MC: everyone else seems fine / it's better together / wanna hold hands?
(AB) Carbuncle: Okay I feel stupid now. Thanks, let's go together.
(C) Carbuncle: I'm not baby. Besides, I'm not alone.

Andvari: And finally, the winners! Give it up for Team Carbuncle!
Lots of applause! MC and Carbuncle both go up.

Andvari: It's the MVPs! And bring up Otohime who got the most points!
Otohime: Excuse me?
MC: You did place first twice / thanks Otohime / hey superstar!
Andvari gives Otohime a medal.

Otohime: Oh. Thank you, I was just doing my best for the team. I'm more glad for everyone here who inspired me.
More clapping!

Andvari: Cool! Ehhh, Carbuncle how about you give us a few words?
Carbuncle: Uhhh... I figured you'd ask MC but I guess it IS my name on the team. Now I wish we picked something better. Not that we have any better commonalities. But um, thanks to everyone for joining!
MC: Don't cry! / Awwww / yeah
(A) Carbuncle: I haven't even started! Dammit, I feel something coming on!

Carbuncle: But yeah thanks! It's been a great time!
Even more clapping! Carbuncle looks happy.

Aegir: Okay gimme the mic. Thanks for having me, I have learned that big old cliché about the memories we made being the real treasure. And that memory is "hell yeah we kicked ass!" Thanks for asking me on, MC!
Girimekhala: Thanks for bugging me to join the team even though I said no at first!
Otohime: Thank you for the experience and friendship learning.
Chernobog: Thank you for including me in the party. I hope we do more.
MC: Yeah!
Gargoyle: ...what? Expecting me to say something too? Ugh, fiiine. I'd never have made it this far without you all.
Andvari brings the trophy over.

Carbuncle: So there IS a real trophy! Okay team, all together!
Group huddle!

Carbuncle: We did it!
To be continued in the epilogue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment