Monday, September 7, 2026

Scramble World Trophy Epilogue (Abridged)

Carbuncle: Doot do do~
Trophy cleaning.
Flashback!

Carbuncle: You guys take it.
Carbuncle holds out the sports fest trophy. Surprised party!

MC: but why tho
Carbuncle: Because I thought I was the trophy. And I realized I never actually wanted this anyways, so...
MC: um / no thanks / (check party)
Agreeing party.

MC: You keep it, Carbuncle.
Carbuncle tears up!

Carbuncle: Oh fiiine, I'll take it.
Present
The trophy's been put up in Gargoyle's museum. No VIPs have been bothering Carbuncle since the fest, but Carbuncle stays at the church.

Carbuncle: Where in hell did Gargoyle go while dumping the cleaning on me? Today's the victory party! Okay fine, I'll look for him.

Carbuncle finds Gargoyle in the hall.
Gargoyle: Here to join me in posing?
Carbuncle: NO??? We have a party to get to!
Gargoyle: Pffft, we still have time. Wanna try a pose I thought up for you?
Carbuncle: You expected me to say yes!? ...I'm cool with sitting here and watching though. Maybe I'll outshine you.
Gargoyle: Hmm, you seem different lately.
Carbuncle: !!
Gargoyle: It's probably nothing. But anyways are you a believer in my beauty now!? I'll do whatever pose you like!
Carbuncle: This is what I get for trying to be nice. Don't be late to the party!
Business as usual, if a bit closer than before.

Gargoyle: Oh him. Maybe he's grown up a little?
Someone approaches.

Gargoyle: Are you asking for an anatomy model? I'll do it! Stare and be amazed!

Some pool
Otohime: Swim like that!
nyoom

Durga: Oof, how was that!?
Otohime: Impressive.
Durga: All thanks to you. This should help my track and field performance too!
Otohime: Cross training? I heard it helps.
Masashi's learning to swim too.

Masashi: How did I do, coach?
Otohime: Much better. It's hard to believe you couldn't swim earlier. Just don't expect it to be enough against me or Aegir in the water.
Masashi: Aww... but this is for my protagonist training! Let's keep going.
Otohime: Very well.

Aegir's here too.
Aegir: Faster, you little sardines! You think that's good enough to win the trophy next time!?
Jocks: SIR NO SIR
Mineaki: Thank you for coaching our students, Aegir. I'm impressed you can keep up with high school athletes.
Aegir: It's cool, I live for this shit. Alright pebbles, protein time!
Jocks: YAAAAY
Mineaki: ...the carrot and stick, I see.
Aegir: Gotta keep that motivation running.
Later

Otohime: Lord Aegir, I believe it is time we got going.
Aegir: Oh, okay. Class is over for the day, boys, 'cuz I got plans!
Aegir and Otohime walk off as the Yoyogi jocks thank them.

Aegir: Think the others got bored since the sports fest?
Otohime: It has only been a week. That said, I think I understand the concern now. I look forward to seeing everyone again.
Aegir: Pffft, I just don't want MY stuff getting all rusty and junk.
Otohime: Whatever you say, Lord Aegir.

Yoyogi Clubrooms
Girimekhala: S-sumo stomp!
Yasuyori: Hmm, so you do have a talent for sumo.
Girimekhala: Really? This isn't just you buttering me up to get me to join?
Ashigara: Pffft, this is a sports school. We got plenty of people interested! You'd make a great sparring partner.
Girimekhala: O-oh. Didn't expect that since I trip all the time. Thanks.
Ashigara: So, wanna join? All you can eat stew!
Girimekhala: Oof, tempting. I'm a Umamichi punk... but I can join the sumo team too? Sounds fun.
Ashigara: You can join whenever!
Yasuyori: Agreed! You can visit whenever you like!
Girimekhala: Oh, well that doesn't sound too bad. Oh wait, I gotta go! Thanks, see you later!
Yasuyori: He's going dressed in sumo getup? ...oh he's coming back.

AndvaResort
MC and Chernobog are setting up for the party.

Chernobog: Thank you my brave. This would be a bit much for one person to carry.
Lots of barbeque supplies!

MC: It's cool, I wasn't doing anything! / you got most of it / this will be fun!
Chernobog: Shopping for the party has its side benefits. And I must thank Andvari for hosting us as well.
MC: yessss winners' perks / he can't say no to you / I'll call him later
Chernobog: I must begin the prep cooking. Would you assist me?
Chernobog starts grabbing food from the fridge on site.

MC: Nice! Wait, did Andvari provide us with that?
Chernobog: Perun sent the food. Volos raised the vegetables, and Yamasachi brought some mountain forage. Make whatever shish kebabs you like.

Later
Aegir: S'up bitches, I got presents!
Otohime: Hello, please allow me to help.
Aegir and Otohime brought seafood!

Chernobog: You two are quite early.
Otohime: Many hands make quick labor. Lord Aegir said being earlier is better.
Aegir: I feel like treating for once. You like seafood better, right MC?
Chernobog: No wait, you prefer mountain fare, do you not?
MC: no comment / both / stop acting like Zao
Girimekhala: Hey guys I--damn y'all are already here!?
Otohime: Only just.
Girimekhala: Oh okay. I'll help too! How about I set up the charcoal?
Aegir: Forget that. Hey Girimekhala, you like the sea better too, right?
Girimekhala: I like being on land. (bonk) I MEAN YES, SEA COOL. Oh right, the Asakusa peeps gave me sweet stuff for the party.
MC: aw, nice of them / yay, sweets! / punk bro Aegir

Food preference arguments while cooking.
Carbuncle: Goddammit Gargoyle, we're last because of you!
Gargoyle: They're just super early. Chernobog said he'd set up.
Carbuncle: Eh, it's faster and more fun doing it together.
Gargoyle: By the way I'm on your side, Chernobog! Look at these mountain sized pecs!
Chernobog: That isn't quite what we were talking about?
Aegir: Hey Carbuncle, whose side are you on? Mountain or sea?
Carbuncle: Um, both sound like fun. Maybe we'll have a party on a mountain hike next time, then a beach party after that. So maybe we could... hang out again?
Chernobog: Of course. I shall introduce thee to our hiking club then.
Aegir: Okay cool, whatevs.
Aegir pets Carbuncle. Carbuncle is mildly embarrassed.

MC: smooth / I'll take you wherever! / I'm Team Stay Home
(B) Carbuncle: Heh. You better then.
(C) Girimekhala: NOOOO, no fighting!

Gargoyle smiles at Carbuncle enjoying himself instead of being dead inside from constant projection.
Gargoyle: Ha! Fine, I will help prepare food as well then!
Chernobog: I shall teach thee the ways of kebabs.
Girimekhala: Hey Gargoyle, do you breathe fire like dragons do?
Gargoyle: I breathe Petra Breath if you want to see.
Girimekhala: NO, NOT THE FOOD
Gargoyle: No worries, I can still eat it!
BBQ prep done!

Carbuncle: Okay then! Cheers!
MC: Good game, team! Thanks again!
Chernobog: Help thineselves to whatever pleases.
Girimekhala: Oh my gods this is amazing!
Aegir: Yeah, the fish and the veg are awesome.
Otohime: I shall not be outdone in terms of hosting and entertainment. Banquet Lady, activate!
Gargoyle: Heh, I shall join in the show then!
Carbuncle: STOP TAKING YOUR CLOTHES OFF
MC: no keep doing it / great cooking, Chernobog / Wanna dance with me, Otohime?

Later
Girimekhala: Sumo clubs from other school keep asking me to join them! ...I mean maybe joining would be fine?
Otohime: Indeed. I have signed up as a swim instructor myself.
Aegir: Hey Carbuncle, you wanna join? ...hey, I'm talkin' to ya.
Carbuncle: Huh? Oh, I was just thinking how this is... nice. At first I was asking for help, but now we're friends. So if you need help, call me!
MC: nice / same / omg so dashing~
---
(C) Carbuncle: Hey! I-I'm not handing over any prizes next time if you keep that up!
---
Aegir: wait where's my fish kebab
Girimekhala: (chomp) sorry bro
Aegir: Heh, screw you too then.
Girimekhala: I'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRY
Gargoyle: Who made these ribs? I applaud you!
Chernobog: Oh, thank you. If thou likes, I can cook another to thine liking.
Gargoyle: O-oh! Are you wondering how I work out!?

Carbuncle: Hey guys let's play volleyball in a bit! Bet you can't beat me and Gargoyle.
Aegir: You can't pull the shit you did back in the sports fest.
Gargoyle: And disappoint the audience!?
Otohime: Worry not, I have downloaded all volleyball rules into my memory bank.
Girimekhala: I brought a watermelon for a beach game.
Carbuncle: Rigged!
Girimekhala: N-no, I just thought it'd be fun to play together!
Otohime: How about the beach flag game for lifeguard training?
So many beach toys.

Carbuncle: oh my god are we really doing sports fest 2.0?
Aegir: Is that a challenge?
Carbuncle: No!? But I guess it'd be more fun to do something.
The party looks at MC.

MC: wait what / fiiiine / I gotta cover my ass
Carbuncle: It'll be fine, it's just a game!
MC: oh okay cool! / but we got hardcore people here
Carbuncle: Winner picks next party place?
Aegir: Sounds good! I'mma drag y'all to sea!
Chernobog: I insist on a mountain hike.
Gargoyle: I'm picking a gym trip.
Carbuncle: Goddammit we have to stop him! So, what should we play?
Time passes, but memories stay. The sports fest has ended, but things go on. And as sweat gets wiped away, people laugh as they enjoy their days.

The End 

No comments:

Post a Comment