Monday, February 5, 2024

Oedo Christmas Episode 1 Part 1 (Abridged)

[Note: Still alive. Just having my brain taken over by Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth for the time being. More of the same when FF7R 2 drops at the end of the month, so just assume things will be slower than usual for a while!]

So here's what the event cast was doing before time travel shenanigans.
Motosumi: MC, wakey wakey bitch! You got a meeting to go to!
Asakusa, Motosumi's temple. MC's an Umamichi student now.

MC: five more minuuuutes
Motosumi: Breakfast is done, get ready and eat dammit.
It's early. Someone's sweeping outside.

Takemaru: Mornin' MC!
Takemaru lives here now. He waves.

MC: Morning!
Takemaru: My bad, could ya wake Sleepin' Beauty? I tried, he wouldn't get up.
MC: Okay.
Takemaru: Thanks, I'll finish up here! (goes back to cleaning)
Takemaru: (sighs when MC leaves) damn I couldn't ask if MC was doin' anything for Christmas...

Later
Gouryou: zzz
MC: (shake him) / (jump on him) / (poke his face)
---
(AB) Gouryou: OW, be gentler geez!
(C) Gouryou: oooh, feeling naughty? Let's go back to bed~
---
MC: Breakfast is ready, hurry up. I could give you a wake up slap if you want.
Gouryou: Fiiine *(puts on monk robe and ruffles hair)*
Gouryou: Huh, you dressed for school already? Man, you gotta be there all day?
MC: Dunno. I'll probably be done by midmorning. Why?
Gouryou: Ooh, so you're free tonight? How about--
Motosumi (offscreen): MOVE YOUR ASS
Gouryou: Oh. Guess we better go.

Later
Umamichi. MC has business here and there are people around having cake even though it's a day off. Still some time before the meeting, but Gorozaemon has texted that the student council room is open. There's also a text from someone else.

Turing (text): G'day love, you free today? Asakusa's Fluffy Yoshiwara is having a Christmas party today. Want to go together? I know you have like literally everyone pawing at you but I figured I'd ask.
MC: That place sounds awesome!
MC is about to text back for details when someone calls.

Ulaanbaatar: Hey MC, you got time?
MC: well that was sudden / I just got invited to a party in Asakusa
---
(A) Ulaan: Oh that's cold! But anyways wanna go to a party at Fluffy Yoshiwara if you're open?
(BC) Ulaan: Is it at Fluffy Yoshiwara? Let's go together!
---
Ulaan: A friend invited me, but he's a worker so he might not be with me the whole time and being alone seemed sad.
MC: what am I, chopped liver? / I'll ask if I can bring along a loser.
(AB) Ulaan: aww don't be like that. I'll be waiting, baaaiii~
(C) Ulaan: Yay, thanks! I'll be waiting, baaaiii~

Click
MC: God he has no standards
Plot twist!

Hanuman: LOOK OUT
MC grazes a giant snowball with their nose!

Hanuman: Wow that was close. How come you're here today when we have no school?
Nezha: Fight?
MC: You almost killed me! / wait there's no snow, how'd you make a giant snowball? / Student council stuff
(A) Nezha: Sorry! We were building a snowman but then this seemed like a better idea.
Hanuman: Wanna join? We got a way to get snow!
(B) Hanuman: MAGIC
(C) Hanuman: Oh! Wanna snow fight with us first?

Hanuman: Ninja snow magic jutsu!
Hanuman makes handseals from up high. It actually starts snowing!

MC: WHAT ...wait a minute
Someone's making it snow from further inside.

Girimekhala: (HARD BREATHING) ...oh, MC? Did they ask you to join in too?
MC: oh / wow / WHAT
Hanuman: aww boo you figured it out. But yeah, Girimekhala made it!
Girimekhala: I'm just using my nose to inhale snow and blow it out again!
Hanuman: How about we make something?
Nezha: Snow fight snow fight!
MC: I want to, but I have things to do first / No thanks (I can't survive that)
Hanuman: Oh...next time!
Nezha: Aww. Maybe I'll ask Sanat then!
Girimekhala: Good luck with your meeting, MC!

Umamichi Student Council Room
Gorozaemon: BOO
Li Chou: Wow, bestie you actually came in five minutes early not like all THESE jerks!
Gorozaemon: Tee hee, sorry about making you come on Christmas of all days.
Hey it's Bike Leader/Student Council President Gorozaemon and Secretary Li Chou.

MC: not like I was doing anything anyways / stop saying hi with scares! / so what's up?
Li Chou: Asakusa asked us for help with a New Years event! My reputation improvement drive worked out for us! But sorry you had to come too, I'm busy with other stuff.
Gorozaemon: ...can you help?
MC: I'm down! / You owe me, Li / fiiine
---
(A) Gorozaemon: Cool!
---
Li Chou: Thanks, I'll pay you back next time!
MC: I'm worried our schoolmates are gonna go crazy though.
Gorozaemon: yeeeah that cleaning competition was wild

Flashback!
Sarutahiko: You guys we are going to kick this cleaning competition's ass! Also I invited Algernon to help.
AI-gernon: Hi! We got this!
MC: Wow Sarutahiko. We'll do our best, Senpai! / barf
(AB) Sarutahiko: Yeah! We gotta clean up SOME time, right?
Algernon: ...well now. No cutting corners for this.
Sarutahiko: Yeah!
(C) Gouryou: Hey wanna slack off with me? We could--
Sarutahiko: I will literally brainwash the dirty, lazy thoughts out of you.
Gouryou: STAY BACK IT'S ALL THAT I AM

Later
Nezha: ZOOM ZOOM
Sarutahiko: No wait sto--(Nezha crashes)--There! That right there is why I told you not to do that!
A window breaks!
Hanuman: oh geez mop hockey is crazy
Sarutahiko: HANUMAN YOU STOP THAT
Crash!

Sarutahiko: Was that you again, Nezha!?
There's a giant hole in the wall!

Girimekhala: ...oops.
AI-gernon: ...welp.
Algernon: Oh, so that's why Mr. Clean asked us to help.
Sarutahiko: DAMMIT YOU GUYS

Present
MC: stop making me uncomfortable / ...is this really okay? / well we finished up in the end
Gorozaemon: Eh, Asakusa folks know how to step up when things go south.
Li Chou: Oh god, the three disasters of school who don't even mean anything bad by it! ...I guess it is our job to keep them in line though. (puts down a piece of paper of all the people asking the school for help)
Gorozaemon: Wow, there's people asking for event staff workers and not just temple and business stuff.
Li Chou: Don't you do that too for the Entertainers, Bike Boss?
Gorozaemon: Call me Prez, thanks. And not really. Want a Night Parade? I can do that. Want something lower key? Not for me.
Li Chou: Let's ask Hotei then!
There's a familiar name on the paper...

MC: Fluffy Yoshiwara? Is it popular? Must be fate...

Gorozaemon: Never heard of it? Some crazy rich moneybags invested and reopened it. They got a party there today, I'm going to check it out too.
SLAM
Girl A: OH GOD RAID FROM SHIBAMATA
Girl B: Sanat Kumara is getting his ass beat and he's not even fighting back!
Gorozaemon: Figures. He knows how important things are right now.
Girl A I guess: Please help, Secret Boss! (looks at MC)
MC: what? me? / HELL YEAH
---
(AB) Li Chou: Yeah, everyone's calling you that. You didn't know?
(C) Li Chou: NOOO YOU'RE STEALING MY GANGSTA CRED
---
Gorozaemon: Haha, just like old times. Now get out there and make Umamichi proud!

Later
Taishakuten: Dude are you making fun of me?
Sanat Kumara: Now's a bad time, come again later.
Taishakuten: ...then I guess today I conquer Asakusa as Shibamata's turf, I guess!
MC: No please wait! / Are you okay, Sanat Kumara-senpai?
---
(C) Sanat: ...MC, why are you here? This fight is--
---
Taishakuten: Oh shit, you're here MC? Hey, how about you fight me instead!?
MC: It's cool, Senpai, this is totally not a fight. Come at me, bro!
BATTLE(?) START (more happens later)

Taishakuten: I keep punching and kicking but nothing's working!
MC is using Anti-Distance to prevent Taishakuten's attacks from hitting!

Taishakuten: Hey wait a minute, isn't this a power from Wa no Kuni?
Someone's told Taishakuten about that in the past.

MC: Taishakuten, there's a reason Senpai isn't fighting back! (explain)
Taishakuten stops and stares at Sanat Kumara.

Taishakuten: This better be good!
One explanation later

Taishakuten: Oh my god that's so sad! Why didn't you just say you're doing this for your city instead of letting me think you were going soft!?
Sanat: You wouldn't listen, and I only talk with my hands.
Taishakuten: Welp, it's a draw today! Gotta go back and be Santa and kick your ass another time!
And so Taishakuten wanders off, leaving a bunch of people staring at him going what in his wake.

Sanat Kumara: ...well now. Thanks, Secret Boss.
MC: it's nothing special / stop calling me that!
Sanat: Haha, let's go back then. Weren't you talking to Li Chou in the student council room? I'll help patrol from the sky. Also, whoever's been staring at me, get out here!
Oh hey it's Horus and Nobumichi.

Nobumichi: Oh hey it's me, it's all cool! We were just gonna start judging and mediating if things got bad!
Horus: Yes, and we came to see you and invite you out.
End of Episode part

No comments:

Post a Comment