Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Live A Hero Aqua Vacation Thermae Panic Episode 1 (Abridged)

Rutilix: Your Highness!
Start, the capital city of the Aradicia Kingdom on Planet Whatever, fourth planet in the Suseft Star System in the Perseus Arm.

Alphecca: Rutilix? Wha--oh, you're still against it?
Rutilix: I know the setup was decided beforehand, but can't you make an exception and take me along too!?
Alphecca: You're so loyal. But no, I have to do this alone okay?
Rutilix: Aww...
Alphecca: Things will be fine. Look after the kingdom for me, okay?
Rutilix: ...y-yes sir!
Alphecca: Good luck, Senpai!
Rutilix: Stop calling me that, it's weird!
Alphecca: Tee hee. Okay bye, vacation time!

Orient City
Dang it's hot out. Someone's coming to Parallel Flight.
Inside

MC: A client wants me to come with?
Huckle: And Akashi too, except he's already out on another job. You'll be on bodyguard duty.
Sui: Uhhhh?
Yoshiori: You sure you read that right?
MC: I've been working out! / I can't do this alone... / You guarded me on the Galactic Railroad!
(AB) Yoshiori: Operators can't fight. What are you gonna do if Monsters or villains show up since that's probably happening?
(C) Yoshiori: Oh yeah huh.
Exio: You forgot that? You told me you had so much fun.
Yoshiori: No wait, it's not like that! Just making a report is all! ...yeah it wasn't bad.

Yoshiori looks at the schedule.
Yoshiori: What if someone else goes with them?
Mokdai: Well let's check the schedule. Oh, maybe Crowne can go? We can ask when she gets back.
Sui: She's on call backup then. Melide and Monomasa are out on a job. Where were they going...?
Huckle: Gammei's. Melide is operating and supporting an investigation. Monomasa is supporting her.
Akashi: She's growing up... I saw her giving Ryekie advice the other day while he was fighting and doing paperwork.
Huckle: Yeah, she's grown fast since the Summeraad trip.
Exio: How wonderful.

Huckle: So anyways I know we're all worried for MC, but this job also contacted another agency for a specific hero to go along. Too bad Akashi can't go.
Akashi: Who's the client anyways?
Huckle: They're already on their way an--(ding dong)--oh he's here now. You two should go to the meeting ro--
SLAM

Alphecca: Greetings, Sorcerer MC and Akashi! It's me, King Alphecca of Aradicia!
Mokdai: what
Sui: what
Yoshiori: what
Sui, Mokdai, and Yoshiori: wait WHAT
Akashi: what, why are YOU here!?
Alphecca: Tee hee, the surprise was a success.
MC: Long time no see! / Casual clothes! / (kneel)
---
(A) Alphecca: I know, isn't this lovely?
(B) Alphecca: When in Space Rome as they say, but these are really nice.
(C) Alphecca: You can stop now, MC. We aren't in Aradicia.
---
Huckle: Sorry to interrupt, but can we hear the details about your request? This way, please.
Alphecca: Oh yes, right, that thing. Lead the way.

Later
Alphecca: I need travel buddies for my vacation!
Akashi: Excuse me??
Huckle: O-oh. I suppose a VIP needs guards.
Alphecca: Yes, we've talked before but I didn't have the details down yet. I should start from the beginning.
Alphecca: So, I'm the king of Aradicia and I inherited the throne ages ago. It's been so long that my prime minister suggested I take a real vacation for once.
MC: wait what
Huckle: You've never took a break before...?
Alphecca: Never! A king can't rest while the kingdom keeps going, no?
Akashi: Is that how it works...?
MC: Kind of exploitative...
Alphecca: My other staff do go on breaks too, but I thought a king had to stay working. Then my staff told me to stop working for a while and they'll keep things running in the meantime.
Huckle: O-oh. Haha...
MC: President you should take a vacation too / Ah... / So you're going on a trip?
(AB) Huckle: I worry about the office when I do but--actually never mind.
Alphecca: You're just like me!

Alphecca: So anyways I never went on vacation before, so I decided I should go sightseeing somewhere.
Akashi: That's why you need guards? But what about Rutilix or your knights?
Alphecca: I thought about that but I'm not supposed to be making more work for them, so going without them seemed appropriate.
Huckle: And they accepted that???
Alphecca: Nope! So here we are. But I've done my homework on where I'm going and I figure we could get the rest of the old party back together.
Huckle: Oh okay, we're happy to take on your request. It's just that most of us already had plans...
Akashi: Yeah, that. Sorry, wish I could go.
Huckle: MC's the only one available. Can you go?
MC: I'm in!

Alphecca: Thank you, MC! I'm a knight too, so I can protect you.
Akashi: W-wait, it can't just be you two for this...
Huckle: I'm expecting a call about that actually.
beep beep
Marfik: HELLO!?
Huckle: Hello Marfik, we hear you very loud and clear.
Marfik: Goody! Long time no see, Your Majesty, MC, Akashi!
Akashi: Marfik!
MC: Hello!
Alphecca: Greetings! I sent a form to your agency as well. Thank you for responding.
Marfik: It's cool! Except I'm already occupied with something else so Heroic Educators is sending someone else. They should be there soon...
ding dong

Huckle: Oh! That must be them.

Later
Obsidius: Hi, I'm from Heroic Educators.
Marfik: Oh, Obsidius made it! Thanks for taking this on such short notice.
Obsidius: Ha! That's how it always is with you! It's cool. Oh, I'm Obsidius, you guys. I'm a professor at Orient City University teaching planetary environmental studies. Minerology specifically.
MC: I'm MC / professor??? / BIG
---
(BC) Obsidius: Haha, people are always surprised by that. No worries!
---
Alphecca: Pleased to meet you. No need to stand on formality with me.
Obsidius: But aren't you a king?
Alphecca: We're not in my kingdom now, are we?
Obsidius: Well okay then! I'm Obsidius, mineralogist and hero.
Marfik: He does field work a lot too. He's good.
MC: You know each other? / Aren't you in different fields? / oof...
(C) Obsidius: You went on field work with Marfik too? Ha, that was tough huh?
Marfik: It has to be exciting, or what's the point? Join me next time!

Marfik: Obsidius was my student once. He knows how to investigate.
Obsidius: You'll never believe the shit he put me through, haha! Oh wait right, the topic. I'm happy to join you guys!
Alphecca: Pleased to have you!
Obsidius: Nice to meet you too, MC!
MC: Yep / Let's have fun at the resort!
---
(C) Obsidius: This is gonna be good!
---
Obsidius: Marfik did ask me to go here, but I've got a personal interest in where we're going too. Aques, right?
Alphecca: Yes, city of water and trees.
MC: Never heard of it.
Obsidius: Oh, it's on Planet Precia in Orion's Arm. Famous tourist place, got canals all around the city and a public bath. And a surprise you should see for yourself!
Alphecca: I've never been there either. This sounds exciting! We leave tomorrow, meet me at my hotel.
Marfik: Have fun, Obsidius!
Obsidius: I will!
Huckle: This may be work, but you enjoy things too, MC.
Akashi: Man I wish I could go.

The next day
The party gathers and takes a space taxi. Shaft is driving.

MC: Ooh, I wonder what this place is like?
Shaft: Aques? I hear it's nice this time of year!
Alphecca: You know something?
Shaft: I drive there a lot around this time since it's the on season. Lots of canals and trees. And the water--
Obsidius: No wait, you'll ruin the surprise!
Shaft: Oh, sorry!
Obsidius: Yeeeah, the fun of new discoveries!
Alphecca: Thank you for bringing us that experience!
Obsidius: Haha, as long as you're having fun, Your Majesty!
Shaft: I never expected a king to ride my space taxi, but I'm glad you're chatty. I'm getting excited too!
MC: Wow, you're brave / He's nice, it's cool / He's a nerd about knights
(AB) Shaft: O-oh. Should I be more formal...?
Alphecca: No need! I've been wanting to talk about this!
(C) Alphecca: Is that how you see me, MC!?
Shaft: Uhh...
Alphecca: I mean, you aren't wrong. And there's something else I want to talk about.

MC: What's that now?
Alphecca: MC, Obsidius. Will you do me a favor?
Obsidius: I guess? If it doesn't put you in danger at least, Your Majesty.
Alphecca: It's about that actually. I want you to stop calling me by title and start calling me by name. Partly to keep undercover, but partly to just be myself.
...
Obsidius: Oh sure!
MC: Okay You--I mean Alphecca!
Alphecca: Hooray!
Later
Precia! Space VeniceRome!

Alphecca: Wow...
Obsidius: There it is!
Shaft: Thank you for riding with us. I'll send your luggage to the hotel. Have fun!
Title Card: The Visitor From the Kingdom
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment