Monday, February 5, 2024

Oedo Christmas Episode 1 Part 4 (Abridged)

Hakumen: Let's have a fun Christmas party~♪
You know who's NOT having a fun time?

Otter: I'm busted! Fired! My life is overrrr!
MC: uh, you okay? / drink something and chill! / (sit next to him)
Otter: You were with Horus... oh, you must be his uncle, MC?
MC: Yeah, just call me MC / don't call me uncle / Can I touch you?
---
(C) Otter: Why not? Not like I have anything else to do!
---
Turing: Maybe you should go talk to him?
Otter: But I DO have unseemly motives for being here! I want people to fawn over me and spoil me!
MC: WHAT / okay not what I was expecting / goals

Otter: Tokyo has otter cafes being super popular and I wanted that for me!
Ulaanbaatar: But kids like police officers, like way more than they do firefighters.
Otter: And then when they grow up they start avoiding me and trying really hard to not make eye contact!
Turing: Ah yes, the uniform effect. Well it's natural since police officers being present is supposed to deter crime.
MC: I totally thought you needed the money. Can police officers even moonlight?
Otter: I'm technically not working since I don't get paid! If I did it'd probably be against the rules...
Gouryou: Then what's the problem? Okay Horus isn't someone you just open up to, but speaking up makes sense here.
Otter: I guess...sorry to make a downer of everything. I'll figure things out, go enjoy the party.
The party looks concerned at how worried Otter is.

Turing: We'll stay with you.
Gouryou: Okay good, you got this. Hey MC, let's go!
Turing: We includes you too.
Gouryou: okay okay stop looking at me like that! MC's staying too anyways, right?
MC: Yep.
Otter: Aww, thanks guys! I'll go see Horus!

Later
Nobumichi: Hey Horus, I'm finally here! Am I too late? I asked around and I hear Otter doesn't work here.
Horus: I already know that. He's not that dumb.
Nobumichi: Uh, then why do you look so down?
Horus: Otter is hiding too many things for someone who works for me. Him not telling me about this means he doesn't trust me. How can I be awesome if one of my own subordinates won't talk to me?
Nobumichi: Couldn't he just have been afraid? I know he respects you.
Flashback!

Horus: Sorry for the late night call, I need backup for this case. This might take a while, so I can order delivery if you want.
Otter: Edomae sushi please! Praise the sun! (bows and prays towards a window)
Horus: ...it is night time and the closest thing to a sun in here is me.
Otter: Kidding! I'd come over even if there wasn't sushi! Thanks for having me.
Horus: Oh you. Don't tell Nobumichi.

Present
Horus: I don't know if he respects me anymore...
Nobumichi: Aww, that still sounds cute! Also, here's a present from Otter for you. Put it on!
It's another Santa suit.

Nobumichi: I found it in a locked box underneath a bed in an office around back.
Horus: Invasion of privacy!
Nobumichi: Putting that great sense of smell to work! Try it on, it's Christmas!
Horus: How am I supposed to accept this...?
Nobumichi: Just do it, make no apologies!
Horus: But I just fired him!
Nobumichi: ...
Nobumichi: What is wrong with you!?
Horus: H-he was having so much fun without me! Does he really have a reason to work for me...?
Nobumichi: Shut up, put on the damn suit, and go see Otter before he really does leave!

Horus and Otter run towards each other.
Otter: Oh...you're wearing the suit? It looks nice on you. Sorry I didn't give it to you properly...
Horus: Just come out and invite me next time. I won't say no. But then again you kept saying no whenever I tried inviting you somewhere. I was wondering where you were going...
Otter: Sorry...I like talking with lots of people here.
Horus: Nobumichi told me what you do here, helping people who want to be small or young again. I want to say stop using your power so casually, but I guess if everyone consents it's fine.
Otter is ready to be yelled at, but Horus pats him on the head instead.

Horus: Oh so that's why everyone says your fur feels so nice.
Otter: !! You can touch it whenever, you know?
Horus: I'm still just reserving judgment on what you did, you know.
Otter: YES SIR! I-it should be okay? Maybe?

MC: Okay things seem okay? / omg Horus looks good in a Santa suit
Ulaanbaatar: Goody! Let's go to the party already!
Gouryou: Yeah, they better before I eat everything!
Turing: I'd ask what kind of monk are you, but that's already been clearly established given your presence here.
Gouryou: Yep! Hey you guys, get over here!
Otter: Come on, let's go. I'll introduce you to everyone!
Horus: I've already talked to them but they're rather...free-spirited.
Gouryou: We sure are!
Ulaan: Heya, fellow public servant! I'll show you how to have a good time at night!
Horus: Otter you need better friends.
MC: Horus you are so boring / Shape up you guys / Yeah I'm not too serious either

Otter: Thanks MC! I'll treat you to something extra special next time you come by! You like fur like Turing does?
MC: I'll be a regular! / I'm only here for Horus! / mmm, chibi...
Turing: Hey, keep my visits here hush hush, okay?
Ulaanbaatar: Live it up out and proud!
Turing: I suppose I can still visit like a gentleman. Most everyone here seems like they'll let me touch if I ask.
Gouryou: Hehe, you can touch me whenever.
Turing: No thank you, Spiky.
Gouryou: What!? What about you, MC? Am I not soft and fluffy enough for you!?
MC: not really... / you don't need to be, Spiky!
(A) Gouryou: (GASP!)
(BC) Gouryou: Aww, thanks heheheheh...

Otter: Hey, how about we take a picture together? (pulls a camera out from somewhere) We have this for work whenever anyone asks for pictures. Line up you guys!
Horus: W-wait, we don't need a picture of Uncle and I together. I can take the picture instead!
Otter: I want the pic, so let's do it! Smile, Horus!
Gouryou: Make me look cool, okay?
Ulaanbaatar: Let's sandwich MC!
Gouryou and Ulaan sandwich MC between them and flash V signs.

MC: aw yissss / help!
Horus: ...you two seem too close to my uncle.
Gouryou: We live together!
Ulaanbaatar: Wait, why aren't I there too then!?
Turing: How about we split the difference and have ME next to MC, loves?
Gouryou, Ulaan, and Horus: NO
Otter: Haha, come on, stop fighting you gu--AAAAAA (falls into well)

The party looks into the well! Otter is nowhere to be seen.
Gouryou: wait where'd he go?
Ulaanbaatar: The little otter's room maybe?
Turing: But I heard screaming. Hmm...
Horus: I-it's okay! I can bring him back even if he's a little dead!
MC: Oh my god, calm down! / We have to help! / Stop being stupid and think!
Gouryou: How deep IS this well?
Horus: Ulaanbaatar, you're a rescue worker! Rescue him!
Ulaan: I could, but Gouryou makes a good point. Could be dangerous.
Turing: Hey wait, there's a bucket and rope. Pull it up, he might be in there with his power.
MC: what / oh!
Turing: Otter can chibify someone all the way to the size of an ant, and ants can't die by fall damage. He could still be okay.
MC: Oh! But if he's that small...
Turing: Right, he could be in the bucket. Assuming he's that fast, in any case.
Horus: It's okay, I've seen him react that fast.
Ulaanbaatar: Details! Let's just pull the bucket up then.

The party works together to pull up the bucket. The well must be deep as heck because it takes a while. But eventually...
Ulaanbaatar: ...is that a picture? Looks hella old.
Gouryou: It's all sepia, but I don't remember taking this.
Turing: Me neither. Horus?
Horus: No, cross my heart.
Ulaan: ...yeah I don't remember it either.
Turing: Hmm. Welp, there goes that idea! Seems like we'll just have to get in there. What do you think, Ulaan?
Ulaan: Yeah, guess I have to. Oh well.
Horus: I'll go too! Uncle, will you join us?
MC: Yep! / hmm / watch yourself, Horus
(C) Horus: Heh, who do you think I am?

Ulaanbaatar: Wait wouldn't us all going cause more problems?
Turing: In most cases you'd be right, but Horus and I are here.
Gouryou: Oh god you guys are serious about going?
MC: Hold the fort! / join us / welp!
---
(AB) Gouryou: Wait I never said I wasn't going. Being alone sucks anyway.
---
Ulaan: Well this is getting weird. Hang onto my rope! (hooks rope onto himself)
And so the party goes down the well.

Nobumichi: Horus, MC! Where'd y'all go? I just got two more Santa suits for us! Did they fall into some big mess? ...eh, Horus can deal with it!

Edo
???: Hey, you'll get attacked by bums if you sleep out here...wait are you a bum?
MC: Mmgh...whomst
Goemon: Wakey wakey!
Oniwaka: Maybe they're dead. We're gonna be late to our show.
MC: Wait, Goemon and Oniwaka!? Wasn't I--
Goemon: Huh. Have we met before?
Oniwaka: Maybe they're a customer from before.
MC: What? Wait...
MC looks around.

Goemon: Surprised by Edo? You must be some hick!
MC: Am I in Edo period Japan!?
Goemon: Oh well, looks like I'll be your tour guide!
End of Episode

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Didn't you see the memo that he's enjoying the new Yakuza and Final Fantasy games?

      Delete
    2. I don't know the account name, bro, so I don't know about that

      Delete