Thursday, February 23, 2023

Live A Hero Virtual Fest Royale Episode 2 (Abridged)

Red: OW
Green: Come at us, bros!
The opposing team challenges the party to a fight in classic Pokemon style. Cerastium takes point.

Cerastium: Shaft, I'll weaken them! Cover for me!
Shaft: Okay! Here I--
reXer: Leroy Jenkins!
Red: A pincer attack! I can't tell what they're doing!
Cerastium: W-what!? Wait, reXer, you'll hit my shield!
Toshu: Get back here! You are supposed to be behind me!
reXer: I got the front. Get back.
Toshu: Listen here, you little punk!
MC: reXer, no! / The enemy side is panicking! / LISTEN

reXer: Urk...! No, I'll do it! I have to!
reXer hesitates for a second at MC's directions.

Purple: What? Whatever, attack!
reXer barely grazes the attack!

reXer: Ha! Missed! (oh my god that was close) Multiweapon, Sword!
Purple: Whoa crap! That looks strong, but you didn't hit me either!
reXer: Ugh, one more time!
Shaft: AAAAAA
Purple: wait wha--OOF
Shaft charges in to follow up on the opening and blows Purple away!

Toshu: Shaft followed up? I can't handle kids these days and their thoughtlessness...but this is our chance!
MC: Now, Toshu! Attack from the right! / Ceras, support!
(C) Cerastium: Okay! Toshu, I got your back!

Toshu: Understood! Cerastium, come with me!
Cerastium: In that glorious hero's name!
Cerastium tanks the enemy attacks, and Toshu rushes in to attack.

Toshu: Sword Samurai X!
Oh wait, someone else is there too.

reXer: I can do this! Overtake "Oversynchro Execution"!
MC: Wait, what? When!? And he's hogging the VP!
Red: What ARE they doing!? Is that the rising star Operator I heard about!?
Toshu: WHAAAAT
Cerastium: What? reXer!
Shaft: D-did reXer hit Toshu too?
Yes he did. Toshu got bombed along with the rest of the opposing team.

PA System: Game set. Team Red wins. Calculating points.

Title Card: The Justice I Admire

PA System: Points have been calculated as follows. MC: 319 pts. Cerastium: 422 pts. Shaft: 554 pts. Toshu: 576 pts. reXer: 228 pts.
reXer: What!? Why do I have the least again!?
Toshu: Why is that a mystery to you!? You went off on your own, and you got me caught up in your special attack! Thank goodness Shaft was there to save me! And we have a whole audience watching everything! [insert more lecturing here]
reXer: But I tried so hard...
Toshu: I am not done yet! Why did you cut in and hinder us?
reXer: Getting in the way wasn't the plan. I just went in because I thought I could do it. I have to keep an eye on the flow of things if I want to bring us to victory and--
Toshu: Who CARES so much about winning!? Do you realize how much danger you put yourself in chasing desperately after glory!?
reXer: !! I-I'm not...desperate...

Shaft: Okay, that should be enough. We've won, so why don't we celebrate that with a drink? We are in a game, and there's many choices I'm unfamiliar with. (steps in between with drinks in hand)
Shaft: Here, Toshu, some super konbu tea. And this one is Mega Blue.
Toshu: ...fine, I'll stop here this time. But reXer, getting too focused on winning can cloud your eyes. I don't know why you are so fixated on it, but you should look around yourself some more, especially for your own sake.
reXer: ...!
Toshu sideeyes reXer who is balling up his fists, then takes a drink and sits down.

reXer: ...why? (goes to sit elsewhere and turns around)
MC: The team is falling apart. If only they could get along.

Shaft: Yeah, but they did only meet like today or however long it's been. The old reXer I heard of did move on his own sometimes, but that was still coordinated with his team. What do you think, Cerastium?
Cerastium: ...I might be misreading things, but he seems anxious about something.
MC: Huh. About what?
Cerastium: I don't know how to put it, but it's something I see a lot in new or transferred heroes. They try to do everything themselves instead of just their parts. Like responsibility and duty makes them feel like they HAVE to do it all...am I making sense?
MC: Hmm...so what's his deal?

Shaft: Huh. When I first started playing rugby, my senpais warned me against that. One for all, and all for one and all that. In group sports, what people wanted was team work. It's the same for pro gamers...yet reXer really wants to stand out for some reason. It's almost like he's somebody else--
Cerastium: Sorry to interrupt, but this is all conjecture. Only he knows the truth, but if this is how reXer wants to play things, then I want to support him.
MC: Really? Shouldn't we do something about his attitude?
Cerastium: We can do something if we know his motives, but not yet. We still don't know him, and he doesn't know us, so I want to try to match his pace. I think that's what teams are like. Okay?
MC: Alright, I guess we were rushing things too. / I wanna know more about you, Ceras.
---
(C) Cerastium: Hehe, same. In that case...
---
Beep beep!

reXer: Our next matchup! This time, I'll...! (runs off towards the marked location)
Shaft: Wait, reXer! ...we should go too.
Cerastium: R-right. Come on, Toshu, MC.
Toshu: Sigh...
Shaft: (What did I learn in rubgy and my old battles? I should first know my allies, and that's how I'll figure out my position!)

Later, at some rocky area
Subaru: ...oh, MC. Are you the Operator for the opposing team?
MC: Subaru, long time no see! / Nice outfit!
---
(C) Subaru: T-these clothes? I didn't picked them out to be fashionable. I change clothes too sometimes, please stop staring.
---
Hydoor: Oh, MC. You here too?
MC: Hydoor! / Hydie! / Awesome outfit!
---
(B) Hydoor: Stop calling me that! You wanna piece of me!?
(C) Hydoor: Heh, it's not like I wear the same clothes all the time! ...it's cool? Hell yeah it is!
---
Pubraseer: What's up? Are they here yet? ...oh, MC! It's been a while, how've you been?
MC: Yay, Pubraseer! / Wow, cool clothes!
(C) Pubraseer: Nice, huh? I was told to dress up since it's an event, but I don't know much about fashion...I went with the store recommendations.

Cerastium: Sacre bleu you know ALL of them!?
Subaru: Meh, it happens. If anything could be bad luck, it'd be not getting along with a new face.
Hydoor: You wanna start shit with me, Mister Romance Novelist!?
Subaru: Could you calm down? I was just making an observation.
Hydoor: What? Speak up, Mumbles!
Subaru: I want to go home and lock myself up in my office.
Pubraseer: Hey, hey, don't fight. We're supposed to be on the same side. Shake hands! How about we run around all day until the sun goes down? ...kidding. If I can be serious, you really should treasure your friends so you won't have regrets.
Hydoor: Yeah you've only said that a million times already. You're gonna drive me crazy with how I can't get a read on you.
Subaru: ...I have to agree.

Shaft: Uhh...what a quirky team.
Toshu: You HAVE seen our own team, yes...?
reXer: ...is it just you three? Isn't there a fourth hero to your team?
Hydoor: Huh? Where's the old man?
Subaru: Can't say, he's been wandering around for a while now.
Cerastium: ...! Fangirl senses tingling!
???: HAHAHA! Sorry to be late, you guys!
MC: It's him!
Cerastium: OOH
Ryekie: Hey you guys! ...oh! MC! Wow, I can't believe I'm up against your team already!
MC: Justice! / Welp / What, I have to go against you!?

Shaft: Whoa, we have to go against Zap the Justice!?
reXer: Heh! I'll win in the end.
Ryekie: Impressive! Go ahead, come spar with me! I'll take on anyone who comes at me!
Ryekie laughs loudly. Toshu's ears flatten.

Toshu: My hearing...
Cerastium: OooOOOoooH!
Toshu: Cerastium, why are you shaking like that?
Cerastium: MON DIEU, JUSTIIIICE
MC: WHAT / oh, she's a fan

Cerastium runs up to Justice, squealing.
Cerastium: It's you, Zap the Justice, the perfect hero of justice!
Ryekie: Whoa! Who are you...?
Cerastium: I am Cerastium, a hero with UEHA France! I've always admired you! You call yourself Justice, my favorite word in the whole wide world!
Ryekie: Oh, you like justice too? That's good! I! AM! ZAP THE JUSTIIIICE!
Cerastium: YES, I CAN DIE A HAPPY WOMAN
MC: uhhh / SIMP / hey, we're supposed to be fighting here?

Subaru: ...is she on your team? She's checked out mentally.
Shaft: ...I'm not sure what you expect us to do.
Pubraseer: I'm glad she's enjoying herself.
Toshu: ...she's ignoring us too.
Hydoor: Stop showing off for the fans and get ready to fight already, dammit! That's the whole point we're here!
reXer: Yeah, I'm waiting for it to start.
Ryekie: Oh right! Cerastium, I'll give you an autograph later.
Cerastium: Okay, I can wait forever for your signature! I should get it to say "Justice for Justice"...
Ryekie: Okay, let's go Operator!
Team Ryekie's Operator transforms Team Ryekie.

reXer: MC, us too!
MC: Right, execute!
The party suits up.

PA System: Preparations complete. Beginning battle in 30 seconds.
Ryekie: So MC, I've always seen your abilities as an ally, but today I'll be seeing how you operate as an opponent! Don't hold back!
MC: Okay! / I hope I can do this! / B-be gentle
reXer: An S Rank Hero on the other side...but stronger opponents is where the points are. I can do this! I can win! YEAH!
PA System: 3...2...1...
BATTLE START (more happens after)

PA System: Match set. Team Red wins. Calculating points.
Everybody detransforms.

Ryekie: Hahaha, excellent operating MC!
MC: omg we somehow won! / Thanks for the match! / It's nerve-wracking going against an office senpai!
Hydoor: Ugh, we lost. You should've moved faster, Nobeyama.
Subaru: This isn't ALL my fault. They were stronger than I thought they were. And trying to break through Cerastium's shield was folly.
Hydoor: WHAT!? T-that was...willpower, you know!?
Pubraseer: You can't help going over a battle you just lost. I underestimated them, so I'll have to think about that going forward in the next match. Isn't personal introspection what we need rather than trying to pick at the flaws of others?
Hydoor and Subaru: (stares)
Pubraseer: Kidding! Don't worry about it too much. This was fun, but let's enjoy everything coming up too!
Hydoor: ...w-well, your support after I got knocked back was helpful, Nobeyama. Keep doing that, thanks.
Subaru: R-right...taking initiative isn't my strong suit, so it helps when you do so...
Pubraseer: Friends!
MC: Awkward / They teacher and student? / Somehow they're working together

Cerastium: Justice! Um...great fighting out there!
Ryekie: You did great too, Cerastium! Awesome shield slinging with defense, support, and attack!
Cerastium: T-thank you very much! Oh, I can't believe my hero is complimenting my justice! I'm so happy that I could fight against the one I feel is the greatest justice!
Ryekie: Oh cool, thanks! HAHAHA!
reXer: The one she admires...?
Shaft: Wow, who'd have thought we'd see a new side of Cerastium so soon after the fight? I'm a little jealous that she has someone to aspire to be like.
Toshu: Is that what that is....?
MC: Something wrong, Toshu?

Toshu: No, but perhaps I am just overthinking things. There is something concerning in the way Cerastium admires Justice.
MC: what?
Toshu: I noticed because I also have people I aspire to be like. It isn't like being a fan though...I'm not sure how to put it.
Cerastium: Justice, let's talk more about justice!
Ryekie: Huh? You want to know what my justice is?
Cerastium: Yes! Your justice is the justice I want to achieve!
Ryekie: What...?
Cerastium: Please tell me more!
Ryekie: W-wait. My justice is...
The party is shocked.

Cerastium: Huh...? Did I do something rude? You're the justice I admire most, so I wanted to learn about it and walk the path of justice too...
Ryekie: W-well...
MC: Awkward!

Ryekie has to think a bit.
Ryekie: Cerastium, justice is different for everyone. This may sound harsh, but...my justice is mine alone.
Cerastium: B-but...
Ryekie: If you take my justice from me, what does that leave me?
Cerastium: I-I'm not...!
Ryekie: I know. You're touting my justice because you admire me. If you just haven't found your own kind of justice yet, that's fine for now.
Cerastium: M-my...own...?
Ryekie: ...if you ever want to be someone with true justice, you should look for your own justice inside yourself. Never forget that you can do that.
Cerastium: My justice...?

Ryekie: (smiles) Sorry for being so harsh there. I'll be waiting for the day you tell me what your own justice is.
Ryekie holds his hand out for a handshake. Cerastium shyly takes it and shakes hard.

Ryekie: Good luck! Later! (leaves)
Hydoor: Hey don't just walk off on your own, old man!
Subaru: He just comes and goes as he pleases...excuse us everyone.
Pubraseer: Bye MC! Next time, let's hang out and celebrate the festival!
MC: Bye Hydie! / See you, Subaru. / Yeah, let's hang out Pubraseer!
---
(A) Subaru and Pubraseer smile.
Hydoor: DAMMIT I'm punching your face in the next time you call me that!
(BC) The other team smiles.
---
The other three head off too.

reXer: Well they sure were talkative. Dunno what they said though.
Shaft: It's great you got to talk to your hero, Cerastium.
Cerastium: Y-yes, I suppose...
Toshu: Hmm...
MC: Figure something out?
Toshu: ...if you meet your heroes, you must never lose sight of yourself.
Cerastium: My...justice...?

Elsewhere
Ryekie's walking around, arms folded and head down thinking.

Ryekie: Maybe I said too much...? But then...if she's pursuing justice...
Someone is coming up from behind. Ryekie is too distracted to notice.

???: ...
Someone stares.

???: ...nice.
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment