Friday, February 3, 2023

Live A Hero Lost Ancients in Blue Episode 6 (Abridged)

Marfik: WHAT
Researcher: W-what is it, Marfik?
Marfik: You guys, listen! The security team just called and said they managed to open up the ruins!
GASPS!
Marfik: Dispatch everyone who can go right now! But don't forget your research things! And keep quiet or someone might try to force themselves in. Let's keep this barred to the public for now, get samples, and preserve what's inside. Move move move!
Researchers get ready to go. Marfik looks outside the window towards the mystery buildings.

Marfik: I wonder what's inside?

Inside the ruins
MC: Attack coming from above! Gaius, step back!
Gaius: Right! Guys, I'm hanging back to do firing support! You two take point!
Hisaki: Got it! You Monsters got a lot of nerve trashing this place! Tech Football Tackle!
Andrew: I will be a bridge between organics and machines! Robot Charge!
Hisaki and Andrew jump up and dive at the enemy Monster! It knocks it off balance, but it manages to bounce them back!
Melide: It's getting weaker! MC, I'll work with you and widen the Path. Let's send VP to the heroes together!
MC: Right, let's go!

Melide: Observer Cheer!
Andrew: Whoa, I feel power surging through me!
Hisaki: Yeah, we can totally do this! Andrew, together! One, two, three!
Andrew: Pow!
The Monster has been knocked far off balance!

MC: Gaius, now!
MC sends Gaius VP, who charges it to his arrow.

Gaius: Got it! Hisaki, Andrew get out of the way! Eat space laser arrow, Monster!
Giant laser!
Monster: LOVELYYYY (poof)
Hisaki and Andrew land down from their jump.

Gaius: ...okay, we good? We good.
Hisaki: We good, he says. DID YOU SEE THAT GIANT LASER YOU JUST SHOT NEAR US!? What if you hit us!?
Gaius: What...? I shot that off because you guys could get out of the way.
Hisaki: I GUESS, but I'd appreciate more of a warning next time.
Hisaki pouts dramatically. Andrew smiles.

Andrew: Hisaki, Gaius was waiting for us to get away before he fired. And with the Monster gone, the ruin interiors won't be destroyed.
Hisaki: O-oh...I didn't realize you were thinking that far ahead.
Andrew: That's why you jumped back and prepped for that, right? You need a really strong attack to destroy a Monster before its body lands on the ground while still kind of solid. You two were amazing to coordinate that!
MC: You noticed? / Yeah, that was it Hisaki! / That's because Melide was here too

MC smiles and looks at Gaius.
Gaius: ...well it looks like the ruins have some connection to me, so I can't let them get destroyed. It's not like I did it for you guys or the research team or anything.
Gaius starts examining the surroundings in the other direction.

Hisaki: Aww, you ARE worried about us!
Andrew: I want to be as kind as Gaius!
Gaius: Wuh, buh...shut up! ...MC, Melide, sense any other Monsters?
Melide: (shakes head) ...not now, so I don't think any are around. Still, the other ones appeared out of nowhere, so keep your guard up.
Hisaki: She's right, but staying in hero form the whole time eats up energy. Let's be careful and be ready to fight whenever.
The party agrees and detransforms.

Gaius: ...right, let's go see what's inside.
Hisaki: Investigation time! Here I come, future past space tech!
Hisaki pumps his fist as he moves ahead. The party follows. Thieves are somewhere behind.

Later
Hisaki: You guys, these ruins don't really look all that ruined for having sat in a lake for who knows how long.
Hisaki is taking notes while looking around.

Melide: Well if they existed before Samaad was developed, there'd be some erosion. But I don't see any dust at all.
Andrew: Maybe the guardian gods have been cleaning up?
Gaius: Cetus, cleaning? ...I guess. (looks at the floating Cetus bot)
Gaius: That reminds me, Cetus turning on the light also turned off the jamming right?
Andrew: It happened at the same time, yes. If it didn't, we couldn't have streamed our battle.
Gaius: Cetus seems to be connected to this place.

Hisaki stops taking notes to think.
Hisaki: ...hmm. What if the jamming was a defense against external attacks? If us coming in is related to it stopping, is Cetus a key? No, wait...
Gaius: ...sounds like it's above my head. Tell me if anything seems connected to me.
Hisaki: Yeah, I'm sure the door opening was also connected to you too...hey, Gaius? (looks at Gaius)
Hisaki: I agree you're connected to these ruins' mysteries. How about we go over what I've figured out so far?
MC: Okay! / Yes, Mr. Hisaki / Does this have to do with Gaius?
(B) Hisaki: Nice! Sit down, books open everyone! Kidding.
(C) Hisaki: Dunno yet, but let's go in order.

Hisaki looks at the ceiling.
Hisaki: So first, the structure layout. We're in a big hallway, and it's connected to somewhere else. Can't tell much yet, but doesn't it feel kinda different?
Andrew: There's a residential area, right? So there's various area types here?
Hisaki: Yeah. Dunno what kinds yet, but I'm sure this whole building operated as a colony. *(nods)*
Hisaki: ...still, I doubt the people of this one colony would be enough to make a civilization this big. There must have been a home planet or another colony where they had high tech civilization levels to do all that, and this colony was isolated from them for some reason.

Gaius: Wait, why do you say this place was isolated?
Hisaki: (nods) Cetus and the other bots with the jamming and stuff. You said Cetus attacked Monsters but not other things, right?
Gaius: Far as I've ever seen.
Hisaki: If Cetus is actually a machine, it must be working on some sort of command...Cetus attacks Monsters, and there's a bunch of bots like him in here.
The other bots are just doing their things.

Melide: You're saying Cetus was made to fight Monsters?
Hisaki: Looks that way at least. They got ready to fight when Monsters showed up earlier.
MC: Oh / Sounds right / You're on the ball today, Hisaki
(C) Hisaki: I'm always on the ball! Thinking better of me now?

Hisaki: Since Cetus had that Space Nessie form, I doubt he was only made to fight Monsters, but I'm sure this place at least was made as a shelter from them.
Andrew: Then it's likely the residents were like heroes and Operators.
Hisaki: Yep, I thought the same! And those people managed Cetus. Dunno how they did it, but I think this place was made to seal Monsters and contain damage.
Melide: (gasps) ...wait, what if the Monsters that appeared earlier...
Hisaki: Yep! It's possible the seal on them is breaking. And this is jumping a bit, but...maybe the reason we can't find anything besides Cetus and the other bots is because the Monsters destroyed the old civilization.
Hisaki sighs, then looks at Gaius.

Andrew: Interesting! Thanks Hisaki.
Hisaki: This is all conjecture, so the research team will be looking more into it. Marfik texted that he'll be here with the team soon, so they can handle that. Any questions?
Andrew: Well I see something on my scans that I don't understand.
Andrew points at some machinery put into a pillar.

Gaius: Isn't it a bit much to expect Hisaki to know what that is? This is old super tech...
Hisaki: Hmm, I don't know much but... (carefully touches the machinery, then takes a deep breath) You know what? I still wanna figure it out, and I don't wanna give up without doing anything! Gimme a sec.
Andrew: I'll help! What should I do--oh
Part of the wall slides open when Andrew touches it.

Hisaki: Andrew, what did you do!? What's that sound!?
Andrew: I-I don't know, I just touched the wall...
Gaius: Look, in there!
A ball of light appears!

Melide: ...it doesn't feel like a Monster at least.
The ball shines brighter before turning into a floating screen!

Andrew: ...it might be a record of this place!
The screen starts showing unknown mechs and animals divided by region types.

Hisaki: This is a historical discovery! Hey wait, look at that one!
There's a swimming long necked dinosaur among the animals shown.

Gaius: Cetus! Was it mimicking another animal?
The records flip through different area records before showing what looks like the hallway the party is in with people going through it.
Hisaki: H-hey...!
Gaius: ...isn't that...me?

Title Card: Who is That Technology For?

Melide: W-what? How can there be so many people who look like Gaius...?
No one has the words to say anything. A Gaius lookalike starts talking to the camera.

Record: [Ancient Space Latin or whatever]
MC: W-what? That's not Japanglish.
Hisaki: We could figure things out if we understood the language! I need to record this...
Gaius: ..."This is a record of clones meant for preserving species."
Hisaki: G-Gaius, you can understand!?
Gaius seems too focused on the words to do anything else.

Gaius: "Our civilization was destroyed by mysterious beings that suddenly appeared and ravaged it. The areas that suffered less damage have been isolated to preserve as many species as possible. If those things appear, deploy the emergency measures. Pacifying and sealing them is possible. On main issues, clone conduct is normal. Growth records will be stored in another record. Our facility is running fine. The maintenance bots are also working fine. All we can do is pray those things do not appear..."

When the video ends, the ball of light it came from disappears and Gaius falls, holding his head.
Andrew: Gaius, are you okay!? Should I check your vital signs?
Gaius: ...no, I'm fine. My head hurts, but no worries... I'm a clone of the guys in the video. I don't know why, but I understood what he was saying...I think I heard those words when I was little...ow, my head!
Hisaki: Y-you okay...? I can lend you my shoulder.
Gaius leans on Hisaki's shoulder and gets up. He starts looking around.

Gaius: ...Cetus, where are you?
One of the bots floats over in response.

Gaius: Do you know who I am...?
Gaius touches Cetus when...

Melide: AAH!
Melide has been caught by thieves!

MC: WHOMST
Green: Nobody moves, or the girl gets it.
Villains are pointing guns at Melide!

Melide: ...
Hisaki: Oh no! Who are you guys and how could you do that to her!?
Gaius: ...do you have any idea what you're doing?!
Andrew: No, don't you two. We can't set them off.
Green: Yeah, he's right. Hey you in the back. You an Operator?
MC: No / ...what's it to you? / (say nothing)
(A) Green: You shouldn't lie, we heard you earlier. Oh look, my finger's itchy.
MC: ...!
(C) Green: Not saying anything? Well whatever, just listen.

Green: Don't transform the heroes if you want the girl to live.
Melide: ...no, you can't.
Blue: We heard everything. You, dude with white hair. Turn the jamming on. We blocked the entrance, but still! Do it now!
Gaius: ...fine, you bastards. I don't know if I can actually control it though. I'll try...Cetus, can you turn the jamming on?
Cetus turns into Space Nessie, and its core starts glowing.

Hisaki: ...comms are down. It must've worked...
Blue: Oh right, that bot's a pain. Bring out that one thing.
One of the other villain salvagers pulls out some cube thing. It looks like a cage.

Hisaki: ...isn't that an Ether Catcher!? Where'd you get that!?
Green: Huh, you know what it is? This is cutting edge tech that can absorb ether bodies. Our boss lent this to us if we promised to not damage whatever we bring back from in here.
Hisaki: That's still only circulated in parts of the military right now...w-wait, are you gonna use that on Cetus?
The villain activates the Ether Catcher on Cetus!

Cetus: EEEE
Green: That thing's body is made of Ether, right? You sit tight and be quiet.
Cetus reverts to its main bot body and is caught in the cage!

Gaius: No!
Hisaki: S-stop! That wasn't what Ether Catchers were made for! We don't know what will happen to Cetus if you do that!
Blue: We're gonna find out soon then, haha!

Hisaki: ...do you have any idea how much people's work went into that cube!?
Blue: Hey, I still have the bot and girl's lives in my hands.
Green: We'll let them go if you don't get in the way. We don't actually care about you guys. Start moving stuff boys, I'll watch them.
The villain pulls on Melide's arm.

Melide: Ow! Stop...!
Cetus: ...
Hisaki: ...MC, can you hear me?
Hisaki is whispering. MC barely nods in response since the villain is watching.

Hisaki: ...hear me out. I can't let what the villains are doing go. There's taking Melide hostage, their disrespect to Cetus and technology...the Ether Catcher was made to be used against Monsters that lots of scientists risked their lives for.
Hisaki makes a fist and is filled with determination.

Hisaki: ...technology is meant to make people happy. No wait, for the robots made too. I'll do everything I can to stop any tech use that makes no one happy.
Digivice noises!
MC: ...! ...we might just be able to pull something off here.
Hisaki: MC! ...but Melide's their hostage, so we can't be sloppy...we get only one chance. Will you trust me?

Later
Blue: Stop sniveling, brat.
Melide looks over. Her arm's still in the guy's hand.

Melide: (silently asks for help)
Flashback!

Melide: Mommy, Daddy! Where are you!?
Melide: ...
Melide: Oh...Monsters show up wherever I am...they left me behind...
Present
Melide: ...
Melide: No, wait...now, I'm...
MC: We have to help. (makes finger signal)
Green: Heh, good thing you're so obedient Operator. You'll live long like that.
Melide: (That's not it...)
MC: Melide... I'm sorry.
MC still looks determined.

Melide: ...our promise. I get it!
Melide and MC nod, then look to Hisaki. A new wish burns in him, and MC's phone shines brightly.

Blue: W-what!? What's going on!?
MC: Dunno. Maybe it broke.
Green: ...put your phone down. No funny business.
MC: 'kay
MC takes their phone off and clicks the confirm button on opening Hisaki's new Path.
FLASH!

Green: MY EYEEEES!
MC: Now, Hisaki!
Hisaki Variant activate!

Hisaki: Got it! Save Melide, my new drone!
Hisaki fires off his new fish drone Parallel Weapon!

Melide: Now! Let go!
Melide shakes herself out of the villain's grip! The drone does a shield tech tackle on the villain!

Green: AAAH
Melide runs away, and the fish drone picks her up and flies back to Hisaki.

Melide: Hisaki, MC! Thank you! ...everyone, get ready to fight!
Gaius: We got this. You were scared, weren't you? You did good.
Andrew: Sorry for what happened. We'll protect you this time!
Melide: ...thanks everyone. I'm okay now!
Green: Dammit! But the jamming is still up at least, so you can't get VP--
Melide: Gaius, Hisaki, I picked the Ether Catcher up.
Hisaki: Nice going! I'll open it up!
Hisaki frees Cetus!

Gaius: My turn. Cetus, wake up! Turn off the jamming!
Green: Goddamn punks! (fires weapons at MC)
Andrew: Robot Defense! It's okay, I'll protect you. Engage battle systems!
Gaius: Time to kick your asses now that you have no hostages!
Hisaki: ...my failures have led me to this point. I'll use all the tech I can do because I am who I am now! MC, let's show them our bond!
MC: Let's go, people!
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment