Sunday, September 24, 2023

Live A Hero Rakusai Travelogue Episode 8 (Abridged)

[Note: I'm not dead or stopping. I'm just heads deep into Baldur's Gate 3 at the moment working through adopting a Tav and Durge into my world and playing the game. Sorry for the lateness.] 

Monster: REEEE
The Boss Monster is getting weaker!

Kouki: Festival Combo Slash! Feel the power of all our watchers helping us!
Kouki and Sirius slash the Boss Monster like a million times!

Gammei: Damn, he still finds the time to work the crowd? Alright, I'll manage the smaller mobs then!
Gammei swings his weapon and sweeps the mobs in a wave of water that crushes them!

Monster: Reeee...
The Boss Monster is falling apart into a bunch of smaller mobs!

Sirius: BORF
Sirius runs in, releasing energy from the shrine ropes on him to create a capture ring to keep the mobs from escaping!

Tsuneaki: Time to blow them all up, everybody!
MC: Almost there! / Do it guys! / Seiichirou!
(B) Kouki and Gammei: RIGHT
(C) Seiichirou: Got it!

Seiichirou sends VP to the party!
Tsuneaki: For our old peace! Triple Shinto Barrier!
Boss Monster bound!

Kouki: Let's hit it together, old man! Full power!
Kouki puts his swords together into one blade and charges it!

Gammei: Yeah, time to finally end this!
Kouki runs first and readies an X Slash with Sirius while Gammei charges from behind, going straight ahead!
Gammei: Variant Water Crash! Go, you two!
Kouki and Sirius surf on top of the wave Gammei makes that smashes the Monsters, then slashes down after the crash, which of course causes an explosion!

MC: Everyone okay!? / is it dead yet? / my eyes...
Beep beep
Kouki: Ow. Okay that was bigger than I thought it'd be.
Gammei: Some sort of combo effect our attacks had? And somehow you got rid of all that water.
Tsuneaki: I'm okay too. Monster's dead it seems, so I guess things are good for now.
That explosion flash and noise reached Shinraku's plaza too.

Darcy Downer A: Whoa...everyone okay!?
Beer Cart Man: What just happened!? Did the heroes do that?
The citizens are looking up in the sky for the heroes once their eyesight comes back.

Shinraku Citizen B: Look! Stars are falling!
Monster bits are falling down and dissolving into light, which makes it happen to look like a meteor shower.

Orient City
Hitomi: OMG thanks everybody!
Montage of celebrating cavalry!

Seiichirou: ...good job, MC.
MC: Thanks for helping / SPECIAL BONUS PLZ
---
(AB) Seiichirou: Sure I helped out, but the important part is that the heroes never gave up.
(C) Seiichirou: Ha! You're funny! You still okay after all that work?
---
Seiichirou: Listen. Doesn't it sound like the people in town are having fun?
The townsfolk are cheering that the Monster is gone, sharing joy with their neighbors from the next city over as they beat the drums they used to cheer the heroes on. The heroes are watching from up in the sky, and the lanterns the people have brought look like the starry sky to Tsuneaki.

Title Card: Eight Hands Lighting the Festival Beacon

Case closed! Those evil ninjas the Monsters vored? They popped back up after the Monster died, out cold, so Gammei ties them all up. The civilians all go home.
Later, in a fancy rich car

Tsuneaki: ...you were going to interrogate them if they were awake, right?
Seiichirou: And what if I said yes? You'd kidnap me?
Tsuneaki: NO WAIT I'm not sus! I'm not here as part of them right now! I just wanted to talk to you about some things with this incident I didn't want the party to hear if possible.
Seiichirou: (barely paying attention and fiddling with his phone) Make it worth my time.
Tsuneaki: I KNEW you were one of those stuck up jerks! And you were so nice to MC bef--
Seiichirou: Driver, throw him out.
Tsuneaki: Hold up, be cool be cool, let's just get to the point eh? It's late and all that!

Tsuneaki: Sooo, the peeps pulling this scheme so close to home base? The SA top rank probably had them all eliminated with no room for talk.
Seiichirou: They knew too much?
Tsuneaki: (nods) Yeah they could still have just been set up as a totally unrelated terrorist organization they could arrest otherwise. So instead I told the mob bosses "oh my god the Monsters ate all their memories!"
Seiichirou: So you bought some time if they needed to figure out if you were lying or not? I can see why you didn't want MC and the heroes to hear this.
Most heroes will save anyone no matter who they are. Tsuneaki and Seiichirou however never had a choice in saving people who'd threaten other lives, which is why Tsuneaki saved this topic for when the others were gone.

Seiichirou: Did you tell me all these things you're supposed to tell your boss because you believed I get what even telling me all this means?
There's almost always an angle to things in the circles they run in.

Seiichirou: I'll send Danzo to work for you sometime in the future. We can play nice, even if there's limits.
Tsuneaki: Thanks, from one protector of the country to another!
Tsuneaki watches Seiichirou's car drive off, then walks off to somewhere else.

The next day
Kouki: Oh my god look at all the people!
MC: Tons of tourists! Is this how it usually is?
Gammei: Most of the people we saved stuck around to help with the festival if they didn't already have stuff to get to. But also there's a bunch of tourists, yeah. Nice, huh?
Gammei looks happy.

Kouki: I hope the Shinraku and Kyoto folks get along.
MC: They will / I wonder / Probably not just yet
Gammei: We only got through to a few of them, and it'll take a while to get through the others. Still, things have changed.
MC: Yeah / Festival time! / Let's come back next yeat
(A) Kouki: ...okay, let's go have fun at the festival!
(B) Kouki: Yeah! You in, Gammei?
(C) Kouki: Then let's come with the same party! Gammei, don't forget to file for vacation!
Gammei: Yeah yeah, but no promises because police work.
Kouki: What? Then let's go check the festival out now! Right, Sirius?
Sirius: Bark bark!

Gammei: Bleh. I figured you guys would say that so I got the case closing stuff done quick. You better be glad about it.
Kouki: Awesome! Also, when'd you do that? That competence!
Sirius: Bark bark!
MC: Yeah / Can you do my reports too? / Hey, you made up for that drinking part
---
(A) Gammei: Aww shucks. But how come I'm not getting a raise?
(B) Gammei: You didn't do any paperwork!? Huckle didn't tell me to do that for you!
(C) Gammei: Nooo, don't remind me! ...wait, I can drink all I want now that the case is closed.
---
Gammei and Kouki seem to be having fun. Cherry blossom petals fly in the wind.

MC: ...we're missing someone. Where's Tsuneaki?

Elsewhere
Tsuneaki's looking up at the sky at a grove of cherry blossom trees on the outskirts of town.
Tsuneaki: ...can you see all this, Master? It's a small bit of that world you saw all those years ago. It's thanks to the Earth heroes who risked it all to save the city, who helped me bring your wish forward.
Tsuneaki holds up a beat up, dogearred book.

Tsuneaki: I wish we could see this together... (tears up)
Tsuneaki: Shinraku will be okay. I'll do my best in the Defense Bureau so it'll stay that way and nowhere else deals with racism. The Shin Ashihara have to be stomped to bits. The cops and heroes can deal with the public stuff while I work undercover.
Tsuneaki holds a talisman in his hand and lets the wind blow it off.

Tsuneaki: I'll come again on festival season.

Tsuneaki starts to head off to leave the city.
Kouki: There you are!
Tsuneaki turns around and sees the rest of the party!

MC: So here you were! / Let's all go to the festival! / Where are you going?
Tsuneaki is totally surprised.

Gammei: We came looking for you because you made MC worry like an ass. You didn't come back with us last night, so at least tell us where you're going if you go!
Kouki: Sirius picked up your scent from the hanky you left at the inn. Aww, were you trying to make us come to you~?
Tsuneaki: Wait what? Wow, I couldn't fool Sirius's nose. And is that how you see me?
MC: Yeah, you didn't say goodbye yet and we haven't really done much together yet!
Tsuneaki's used to being suspected and figured their relationships would break off once things were done.

Kouki: Did you also forget you promised we'd be working on a show together once this was all done?
Gammei: You owe me for all the shit you put me through, so you better start telling us about yourself!
MC: I want to get to know you better.
Tsuneaki: (stares)
MC: We're friends now, right?
Tsuneaki: !!
Flashback!

Space Onmyouji: I want to know you as a friend.
Present

Tsuneaki: ...MC! (cries a little) Wow, I didn't expect a blast from the past like that! Sorry I tried to leave without a word after everything we went through. I'll show you guys around Shinraku for the festival!
Tsuneaki puts his mask back on, but that's because he's not used to being really himself since childhood, so he mimics his master's behavior.

Tsuneaki: So where do you wanna go to first?
And so the party heads to Shinraku's main streets as a bird flies off like it's watching them off...

The End

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We can't know what this person has to do in their daily lives. Maybe their busy or something important has come up? Either way we shouldn't rush them, its rude.

      Delete