Sunday, September 24, 2023

Live A Hero Rakusai Travelogue Episode 7 (Abridged)

Kouki: Our attacks didn't do anything!
Kouki rides back to tell the party this.

Gammei: I noticed! Why's it gotta be so damn tough now!?
Kouki and Gammei continue to attack! It's not very effective...

Monster: REEEEE
Tsuneaki's barrier IS slowing the Monster down, but it's starting to break through!

Tsuneaki: Well this is bad. That thing may look like a fusion, but it's more like a group colony working together as one thing so our attacks can't focus on it.
MC: Meaning what? / But there's only one core!
Gammei: If it were just fusion we could just smash the giant core and be done with it.
Tsuneaki: But if it's faking its core, we'd have to nuke the entire thing at once. As in all the bits' individual cores.
Kouki: What!? Any ideas?
Tsuneaki: ...there's something else. Why can't we do any damage at all? (thinks)
Flashback!

Space Onmyouji: Monsters go after Ether flows!

Present
Tsuneaki: ...the leylines. It's absorbing Ether from them!
Kouki: That's how it's healing?
Tsuneaki: Apparently. Other planets have reported Monsters mutating because of Ether, so that could explain why it's so strong now.
Kouki: And we have to beat it with just the three of us!?
Gammei: Yeah, but we just don't have enough people and VP! Dammitall!
MC: But the people are okay while it focuses on Ether, right?
Tsuneaki: ...I guess that's true.
Gammei: Yeah, but if it finishes that and goes after the town, we're screwed. We need a plan!
Kouki: Like, hit its weak point? Any ideas old man? You aren't drunk right now, right?
Gammei: Okay so it's true I'm old compared to you, but stop bringing that up!
Kouki: Pffft, it's what you get after all the work I had to do to work with you then. It's not gonna bother me that much if this stuff leaks out onto the space net or whatever.
Tsuneaki: Hmmmm...
MC: Think of something?
Tsuneaki: ...I need all your help, guys!

Later
Kouki: You want to make the Monster leak out the Ether it's taking in!?
Gammei: Can MC do that? Or any Observer, really?
Team meeting!

MC: What do I do? / I don't think I can / Optimism!
---
(C) Tsuneaki: Are you like this in every battle!? That's some nerve...
Kouki: Eh, MC's a veteran now.
Tsuneaki: W-well okay then!
---
Tsuneaki: Okay so, Shinraku's leyline has been artificially changed to make the Ether flow in one direction and the Monster is camping on part of it. The plan is to open a Path on it to make the Ether spill out.
Gammei: So that's why we need MC. Do we just hit it over and over in the meantime until it works?
Kouki: Wait, isn't it going to flip out at us for stopping it from eating Ether?
Tsuneaki: Yeah, so we have to keep it down while MC does their thing. We might only manage seconds in the--
Gammei: Yeah yeah, we just gotta handle it. It's cool
MC: So we just need VP then? Not sure we have enough.

Tsuneaki: I do have a plan for that. Fun fact, my Parallel Weapon can directly use Ether around here as VP to some extent except I have to get close to make that work.
MC: You can see Ether? Sounds just like an Observer...
Tsuneaki: Nah, it's not like that. I got a map of the leyline from the ones who redirected it. I dunno how it'll affect the environment, so I can't just use this ability all the time though.
Kouki: Can WE do the Ether VP thing?
Tsuneaki: Sorry, nobody else can control it, so it's not a complete solution to our problems. It just means MC won't need to power me for now.
MC: Still helps / Oof / Well if we need VP...
---
(C) Kouki: Oh! I think I know what you're thinking of!
---
Kouki: Hey Tsuneaki, here me out!

Time for the team to move out! Gammei and Kouki will flank the boss Monster while Tsuneaki and MC will head for the leyline. Tsuneaki starts thinking about the past while he moves, at some cherry trees outside town one spring day several years after the Space Onmyouji died.
Flashback!

Tsuneaki: Master I finally figured out your book. Researching alone is hard, man... I gotta admit, I thought about using what I learned to get some revenge on Earthlings. But then, I remembered what you said once, and I remembered I wanted to fulfill your dream more than I did chasing my own desires. I'll make your fortune come true, no matter how long it takes...my thanks for you giving me the name Toshuku. I'll try going to the Self Defense Bureau, since I think your anti-Monster techniques and knowledge can help everyone.
Present

Gammei (phoning in): I'm in position.
Kouki (phoning in): Same. Looks like the Monster hasn't changed so far.
Tsuneaki looks at the leyline flow zone.

MC: We're here. Ready?

Tsuneaki: Alright, show time!
Tsuenaki throws out a bunch of talismans that float and glow in the air. Then the talismans shoot off after some magic gestures to surround the Monster. It starts moving when it notices them.

Tsuneaki: Barrier Seal!
Monster: REEEEEE
Tsuneaki: MC, now!
MC: Right! (holds hands up to the Monster and concentrates)
MC can sense something at the Monster's feet, and further ahead of it is the presence of a bunch of Monsters clustered together.

MC: Oh, there it is! Opening the Path!

MC imagines breaking a door at the part where the Monster is connected to the leyline, which causes Ether to start flooding out!
Monster: REEEEE (flails)
Tsuneaki: Dammit, it's not strong enough to stop it! I still haven't made his wish come true and nothing's going to stop me!
MC: Okay wow this is harder than I thought!
MC is standing firm, but the Ether flood feels like a real flood against them! The leyline is acting up now too!

Monster: REEEEE
Little bits of the Boss Monster fall off and split into regular Monsters!

Sirius: BARK
Kouki dives in with a combo X Slash!

Kouki: What's this all about!?
Gammei: Monsters are popping out at the thing's feet too!

Gammei and Kouki handle the little Monsters popping up!
Tsuneaki: You're doing it, MC! Letting the Ether energy out means it can't hold itself together! My barrier can't hold the little ones down, sorry. Guys, take care of them!
MC: Gammei, Kouki, go please! / Can you keep going, Tsuneaki!? / Well at least it's working...
Tsuneaki: We can start attacking it if this keeps up, but can we hold out that long!?
The barrier will fall if Tsuneaki loses focus. Smaller Monsters keep spawning in while others are destroyed!
Gammei: This is getting really tough!
MC: Oh no, we'll be pushed back at this rate...
Kouki: Nah, we're still good. I'm ready Gammei! How about you?
Gammei: Line's up! Ready at your signal!

A drone camera flies up and starts projecting a screen.
Kouki: Okay MC, it's time for us at Neo Talents to show our stuff! Let's go!
Orient City
Hitomi: Hello everyone, enjoying the surprise concert? We at Neo Talents have a favor to ask before we get to our last song tonight!
Somewhere Else

Rexer: One of my coworker heroes is in the middle of a Monster fight, like Boss level hard. Let's help him out with his raid!
Rexer's at a esports match.
Somewhere Somewhere Else

Danzo: Oh we aren't asking you guys to go to the fight zone. What we're asking is that you get on our groove and start cheering!
Danzo is DJing at some club.

MC: Whoa, tons of VP coming in!
Kouki: Cool, the plan's a success! I know the townsfolk wanted to keep it quiet, but seriously we have a giant kaiju lantern demon yelling and screaming. Instead, how about we party things up without making Shinraku look bad?
MC splits the VP around and regens everyone's suits.

MC: Comeback time! Akashi, Mokdai! (calls Parallel Flight)
Mokdai: We're here! Oh my god, everyone in Neo Talents looks so--oh wait, save it for later. Anyways, we're sharing the stream with collaborators too. President Huckle called for some help too, and we got a quick answer!
Akashi: It sucks we can't go help in person, but I'll cheer for you guys. Come back safe, MC!
MC: I will, thanks guys!

Gammei's making a call too.
Gammei: Hello people, sorry for the interruption. I'm UEHA's Justi Arrester, and I'm borrowing a disaster info channel to tell you guys about the things happening with your neighbors.
Nessen's Resort
Nessen: Hello, have you ever been to Kyoto? It's a historic place that survived a lot of Monster attacks.
Some office
Narihito: There's a crisis happening there with the resident aliens that respect the local culture, and as a journalist this is kind of a big deal. But what about you guys?
Lots of people in different fields are connecting with Shinraku!

Shinraku
Gammei: Giant Monster here. We're doing our best to stop it, but if we lose it's probably going to kill everyone here and in Kyoto.
Some people watching or listening look out the window. Others tune in for the livestream.

Rando A: wait WHAT what is that thing!?
Rando B: Wait there's only three heroes up against it!?
The camera goes back to Kouki.

Kouki: Hey everyone, thanks for watching! Sirius and I are fighting, but this one's kinda tough, but we can get it with a little more push!
Gammei: I'll be staying out of your lives and how you live them, but don't you agree that everyone has their own way of living? But on another note, we aren't always guaranteed another day, and we want you to let us defend your futures.
Kouki: So please, help us! Your support will make us stronger!
Some people are running outside to look at what's happening. Meanwhile...

Old Lady A: ...that voice.
Gammei: ...old lady, that you!?
No Space Zoom image, but Gammei still recognizes her.

Gammei: We won't let the homes you love be destroyed, so please! Help us to protect you all!

Title Card: Seven Stars Connecting the People

Okay, announcements done, back to Monster destruction. All that new VP is giving Gammei and Kouki the power to mow the small ones down! The Boss is still big as before, but it's definitely getting weaker and putting less strain on Tsuneaki's barrier. Things are looking better! Except...
MC: whoa I'm starting to black out... (falls to one knee)
Tsuneaki: OH NO MC!
Yeah all that VP inflow on top of holding up the party's transformations is sapping MC's stamina. Gammei and Kouki start to turn to run to MC when a rich car drives up!

???: Damn, driving over right away was the right call. Alright, get up. I'm here to help, things will be alright. (holds hand out to MC)
MC: You're... / Seiichirou! / Wow a passing hunk?
(A) Seiichirou: What, things are too much that you forgot my name?
(B) Seiichirou: Heh, can't go all out without me around? Roiker was panicking and calling me about how the emergency buzzer he gave Akashi was going off.
(C) Seiichirou: Ha! You're funny! Guess your powers aren't the only unique thing about you. I'm Tenma Seiichirou, an Observer here to help, and that's all you need to know for now.

Seiichirou pulls MC up.
Seiichirou: Alright, I'm in your hands. How much have you grown since last time? By the way, look around, I'm not the only one who came.
So many lights in the distance. So many people cheering.

Rando A: I saw the livestream, Kouki! I know it's dangerous, but I came to support you in person!
Beer Cart Man: Hey Bro, you got stronger than earlier? Get 'em good!
Rando B: Holy shit, what kind of hero are you to keep that giant Monster down!?
Rando C: Huh? Oh my god, look you guys!
Tsuneaki looks to the city backstreets area. People are coming.

Tsuneaki: ...no way.
Kyotoite A: ...okay wow we really came. But is this okay? Aren't Shinraku folk violent assholes?
Doofy Kyotoite B: Pffft, bitch we got bigger problems here. If the heroes lose, Kyoto's burning down too.
Negative Kyotoite C: Oh no they're looking at us. Isn't this bad?
Old Lady A: Stop sniveling and start cheering them on, Shaky! Hey Shinraku people, can we borrow some lanterns and instruments?
Kyotoite A: Dang, you going just like that?
Negative Kyotoite C: Whoa, she ain't a legislator for nuthin'. No wait, she retired, but still.
Doofy Kyotoite B: W-we gotta help!

Tsuneaki: (frowns)
MC: Tsuneaki? / whoa / wait this is dangerous!
---
(A) Tsuneaki: Oh whoops, sorry. I was really surprised there.
---
This must be a piece of the future he dreamed of, and Tsuneaki stands outside of it since his role as a hero is to protect them all from Monsters.

Tsuneaki: Maaan, the city people sure do love their festivals, eh? Now we got even more reason to look good. Ready guys?
Seiichirou is holding MC up.

Tsuneaki: Seiichirou, right? I heard of you. You're a big shot among my bosses (in the National Defense Bureau) right?
Seiichirou: And I heard you got your own little connections to the top that I haven't heard of.
Tsuneaki: Oh yeah, a ninja I know told me about you and--ACTUALLY let's forget about that! Now's not really the time to be probing each other, yeah? Glad to have another Observer helping!
MC: I'll focus on the Path / Seiichirou, watch the party
(A) Tsuneaki: Right, if that Path closes, the Monster can start stocking Ether again
(BC) Seiichirou: Got it. I'll do this so well you'll think you'll never be able to do this without me anymore.

Tsuneaki: Kouki, Gammei? I'm joining the fighting now too. Our attacks should work now!
Gammei: So we have to worry about its moves now?
Kouki: It's a lot slower now, so dealing with that along with the small Monsters should be fine!
Tsuneaki: Okay, so the last problem is how humongous it is. It might've shrunk a little, but oh well. Surprise, I can cast Fly!
Tsuneaki throws talismans at the party's feet that floats the three of them up to the Monster's head!

Gammei: WHAT
Kouki: Awesome!
Sirius: (confused barking)
Kouki: It's okay Sirius, I'm floating too!
MC: Okay this took a while, but let's finish this and then party at the festival!
Party: YEAH
MC focuses on the Path while Seiichirou divvies up the VP.

Kouki: Okay, so my coworkers are watching too now. Bring it!
Gammei: I really should be telling people to watch from a shelter, but damn is having the audience live is psyching me up!
Tsuneaki: I really wish I--oh wait, right, not right now. Prepare to die, Monster!
Monster: REEEEE
BATTLE START

No comments:

Post a Comment