Sunday, September 3, 2023

Jurassic Summer Vacation Episode 5 Part 1 (Abridged)

More rehearsing! MC goes right up to Boogeyman to argue against the invasion plot.
MC: No invasion! We can communicate and try something else!
Boogeyman: No, invasion is the only option. Say we go the peaceful route now. Can things stay peaceful forever?
MC: Um, no but the other side is people living their lives too!
Boogeyman: So are we. And if we fail, what are we supposed to do with the people living in an air polluted hellhole on the surface? Now go to the medbay. You'll drag morale down if you come along like this.
Later

Boogeyman: And now I'm putting you in jail. I'm your dad, but this still sucks. (leaves)
MC: Oh no!
Hallway
Boogeyman takes out a pendant with a picture of MC in it and looks at it sadly.

Leib: Damn, you actually have parental affection Mr. Souless Monster?
Boogeyman: ...ruuuude. You could have said something earlier if you were here.
Leib: Aren't you going to hear them out? You know they aren't trying to be difficult.
Boogeyman: Professional duty. I gotta do it even if my own child hates me for it.
Leib looks sad.

Later
Hecate brought food to MC.

Hecate: ...why'd you rebel? You know how strict he is.
MC: Because we're in the wrong. / Did you know, Hecate?
---
(C) Hecate: I knew... I see things as someone who's always on the sideline.
---
Hecate: I have opinions on what's happening too, but we have a duty to our mission...how'd you go so hard in after meeting someone who went in a slightly different direction in life!?
MC: ...sorry. / oh, you knew / I'm not getting swept up in my emotions
Hecate: Anyone who went to save you would notice. You weren't mistreated and you could run away whenever, but...
Hecate looks hurt.

Hecate: Your father should know too. His taking you off the mission is his kindness, but everyone knows how you can't go against your heart. (unlocks MC's cell)
MC: ...thanks / sorry Hecate / On no, what about you now Hecate!?
Hecate: Oh I'll just tell them you threatened me when I brought you food. Like, what's it matter at this point after you turned on the mission? Now go out through the back, no one should see you this time of day.
MC: Thanks so much. (steels determination) I'm coming, Cipactli!

Later
Hecate cries and watches MC leave.

Hecate: Be brave, wanderin' star♪ Push past the fears, wipe away the tears♪ Someone's waiting for you♪
Hecate wipes her face off and continues watching MC until they disappear.
Hecate: Go on, shinin' star♪ I've been left behind, but I don't really mind♪ I was always watching you♪
Hecate sits down to cry. Someone offers a tissue.
Macroich: ...wipe up, or everyone will figure out what happened.
Hecate: What does it matter anymore?
Macroich: Then why didn't you stop them?
Hecate: I've always been that dog sitting there watching people move on. But...I don't want them to feel the same regrets I did!
Macroich looks surprised for a second.

Macroich: So you chose not to choose...I think that's a good Youth™ experience.
Hecate: what
Macroich: I could never do that...you're amazing. MC'd be jealous. If they ever come back, I'm gonna yell SO much!

Elsewhere
MC finds Cipactli!

MC: Cipactli! Listen, I--
Cipactli: How dare you come back after what your friends did! I'm not falling for your tricks to take my head! (grabs MC by the neck)
MC: o-oof... / no wait, listen! / (stare)
Cipactli: How about I strangle you and show your corpse!? (swings claws)
MC: ...sorry / (closes eyes) / (look defiant)
...
Cipactli stops at the last second.

Cipactli: ...I can't do it. Why? I told myself I would when I saw you again...I already love you!
MC: (hug) / (wipe Cipactli's tears) / (press your cheek against Cipactli's)
Cipactli: I knew we'd all die if I were like this, but...! MC, just kill me if you came to trick me!
MC: No. I love you too.
Cipactli looks surprised, then hugs MC. Eventually MC suggests running away together since the search team is strong, especially Boogeyman. Cipactli refuses.

Cipactli: There's nowhere to run, even down here. If he threatens this place, then fighting and winning is the only option...will you fight with me?
MC: Yeah / Together / (nod hesitantly)

Cipactli starts gathering forces and acts like a dignified king compared to how he was before.
Cipactli: ...you worried?
MC: Nah, I was thinking you looked cool / A little / I'm okay
---
(A) Cipactli: It must be because of you being here.
(BC) Cipactli: It's fine. We'll win because you're with us.
---
Cipactli gives a quick kiss, then stands in front of the wyverns dinos and yells.

Cut!
Masanori: Impressive acting. And such interesting themes. The invasions and limits of morality, betrayal of friends...I should show this to Yoshito. Are tickets still on sale?
Turing: Good day, love! Saw the news, thought you'd be down in the dumps, but I'm glad to see you're keeping a stiff upper lip and working on. I'm always interested in the monstrous side of the cast in these stories so how--oh wait I shouldn't ask. I'll be watching from the front row!
Vapula: Hehe, I'm vapleased to have people see our work come together!
Arachne: I know, right? My outfits are kicking ass out there!
Vapula: MC, don't forget we're out there too, okay?
The Creators are here partly out of concern for Cipactli and partly for work on the musical. No problems, so everything's going fine.

Leanan Sidhe: Wow Hecate, you're way better than before! ...but are you sure you wouldn't rather make your character's story go the way you want to be?
Hecate: I thought about it, but then it'd just be wish fulfillment. That's not the message I want to send and want people to learn.
Leanan smiles at this.

Itzamna: ...I never thought I'd see you like that again, Cipactli. I'm glad you went through a good change. I'm sorry you went through such a bad time back then.
Cipactli: Stop bringing old news back. We're here now, aren't we?
Itzamna: True. How about I bring you to a good restaurant after the musical is done and things slow down? We've got a lot to talk about regarding Tokyo and El Dorado.
Oh hey Oscar's advising today too.

Sphinx: The big show should be fine then, right?
Oscar: Oh, yeah, people in show biz would totally say it's all good!
Oscar: (Hmm...seems like Cipactli can't switch personas on the fly, which is kinda bad for an Entertainer. Maybe I should step in and help him out with that.)
Sphinx: Evil plotter spotted.
Oscar: Ruuude! I'm just worried about Imix as an actor! Who knows if people will accept him after he shows his true self? If no one sees a point in watching him, he won't be accepted and it'd be the end of his career.
Oscar starts whispering to Sphinx.

Sphinx: ...so are you gonna tell me why you need me to help you with That One Thing yet?
Oscar: You're a smart cookie. I bet you figured it out already.
Sphinx: Stop being a ham. You're supposed to give an answer in mystery solving!
Oscar: Aww come on, I'm a theater boy, okay? I just want to be sure he knows the plot. Oscar's bizarre adventures, continuing soon!

Later
Macroich is staring at the water's horizon by himself.

MC: Huh, weird of him to not be partying it up. (talks to him)
Macroich: Huh? What's up? Came to feel the breeze?
MC: Came to ask you that. (sit next to him)
Macroich: Oh, I was just thinking about how showtime is soon and how we all probably won't be meeting up again afterwards. Cipactli and I are the only actors here and all.
Yeah everyone's been so busy no one's talked about what comes next. MC is Cipactli's Tamer for now, but what about after?
Macroich: Training with my kendo club team for competitions was Youth™, but so is rehearsing and playing with you guys. Reminds me of my time in Bukuro! The theater group is more tightknit, but the higher sense of professionalism is good too.
MC: That reminds me, why DID you become an actor? You said you'd tell me.

Macroich: Oh right. Oh, I didn't forget or anything. I've just been enjoying things so I couldn't find a good time to bring it up!
Macroich takes a breath.

Macroich: To be honest, there was a short time where there was talks of me being an action star tutor. (poses with his weapons)
Macroich: The life stories the actors played out were so cool! So I got interested in being one myself, and Oscar picked me up. It's one reason I went this way.
MC: So, there's more then? / You could've said so earlier. / Oscar picked you up!?
Macroich: (nods) So what do you think of me on stage? I'm doing okay, but not as good as Christine or Cipactli.
MC: Good / Hey hot stuff! / what?
(A) Macroich looks happy.
(BC) Macroich looks conflicted.

Macroich backstory time!
Macroich was a man of many loves, all serious according to him. However there's only one of him, and one person just isn't enough to satisfy them all. That was his role and fate as the holder of the two handed artifact, and everyone knows you can't have everything if you try to catch everything.

Macroich: ...I couldn't be number one for anyone, couldn't pick a partner for life.
Then one day, Macroich met Flidais. She had pretty hair and magical cattle, and she was one of the few who could keep up with Macroich.
Macroich: We were like soulmates! Except it didn't last long.
Queen Medb was jealous of them, and she issued a battle challenge that ended with him and Flidais going their separate ways.
Macroich: Medb didn't love me the most, and I guess her husband Aillil was the same to her. She was just mad at having something hers under threat of being taken by someone else. I was still happy though, since love comes in many forms. But back to my acting reasons! I remembered Medb and thought, what if I tried sharing myself with everyone who loved me?
MC: wait you wanted the audience to say they love you? / WHORE / yeah acting suits you

Macroich: Yep, but I still worried. When the end came, I didn't have anyone who really loved me. So I became an actor hoping to choose and be chosen by just one person.
Macroich looks firmly at MC.
Macroich: I carried my regrets from my home world, and they got stronger when coming here. Like, what if I had the status to protect Flidais? Or what if I had the charm that Medb would only want me? I can't answer that now, but I hope I can get to the point where I can choose at least. Can't and won't are close but different, like he said.
Flashback!
Oscar: Oh yeah, you couldn't choose back then. What your role lacks is the ability to make your own choice. Then again, who says you can choose who to fall in love with when it happens? Anyways, you need a different role and to try living a life not yours.
Macroich and Oscar barely met before they started talking about deeper things since Oscar seems strangely familiar to Macroich.

Oscar: Wanna try being an actor? It's the most meaningful thing for us! Also as long as you're in a story and a dream, youth can go on forever! That sounds just like how things are for people from Tir na Nog!
Macroich: Thanks, but I'm not that good with words.
Oscar: Pffft, like I need an actor who only reads the script summary. And we don't have hams who fall apart that quick. Give it a go! Dunno if it'll help, but being a star can't be that bad. It'll be your Cinderella story!
Macroich: Why go so far for me? We barely met.
Oscar: Eh, I feel we're of similar vibes I guess. If you want, I can have someone acting like you while you're off acting!

And so Macroich started his acting career.
Macroich: Christine, what do you look for when you have someone you love but can't have?
Christine: Hmm, I think I know why you're asking but I unfortunately don't have the answer you want. You're a big star! I don't think you need to worry about that.
Macroich: But there's so many hot people in Tokyo!
Christine: There's many kinds of appeal, maybe more than there are roles. You aren't going to try on all of them, are you? Not even the god of a thousand faces could do that.
Macroich nods.
Christine: ...as someone who lives only on stage, I'm cheering your choice on.
Macroich: Thanks! And thanks for your acting guidance!
Christine: Right. Also don't ask anyone else that question, you might cause misunderstandings.
Too late.
Blue Streamer: OH MY GOD DOES MACROICH LIKE ME!?
Black Streamer: No way, he asked me the same question! He loves ME!
Christine: ...try not to get taken on a nice boat.

Present
Macroich: ...MC, what do you want from the one you love? Can you say you love them with your whole heart no matter who they are?
MC: uhh...
BOOM

Macroich: What!? That came from the rehearsal area!
Yelling and fighting noises!

Macroich: We gotta go!
End of Episode Part

No comments:

Post a Comment