Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Jurassic Summer Vacation Epilogue (Abridged)

One mistake means death in this battle of wits. The dragon king gained the qualifications for marriage, so he proposes to the princess. She says no.
Christine: I belong to no one!
Cipactli: Then let's play Rumpelstiltskin! Except you have until dawn, and I'll die if you get it right.
Christine decrees that no one can sleep until they find out Cipactli's name.

Christine: Oh no! Somebody figure out his name! Death for everyone if nobody can!
Cipactli: Aww, don't be like that Christine. I see you wavering underneath that mask. You know better than anyone that I've won.
Christine freezes. Cipactli puts a hand to her chin, then kisses her when she won't stop him.

Christine: Okay fine, you win. Happy? Stop asking anything else from me!
She rejects her feelings. He smiles.

Cipactli: That's so cute of you. Okay I'll tell you my name. It's Cipactli.
Christine dramatically runs to the window and sees it's like a few minutes before dawn.

Christine: I finally know his name, but he's the only one who understands me...!
Christine hugs Cipactli. Tears for everyone and a standing ovation!

Later
Cipactli is reading fan letters.

Christine: Oh, no pizza for once? Reading letters?
Cipactli: Yeah, I've been looking forward to this the most lately! Want to read some too?
Christine picks up a stack of what's clearly love letters. Lots of "I love you" and "marry me!"

Christine: I don't think these are fan letters.
Cipactli: They've just kept coming since I went public. Being too handsome must be my curse.
Christine sideeyes Cipactli and reads some more.

Some Letter: "Please do another run of Cipactli the Musical I am still beating myself up for missing it live"

Cipactli looks awkward.
Cipactli: Yeah I've been getting that a lot too. I want to, believe me, but everyone else was only doing it as a temp thing.
Christine: So recast the parts?
Cipactli: (frown) No.
Christine: Then you'll just have to ask them to come back.
This apparently never occured to Cipactli.

Cipactli: ...nah, they'll probably just say no.
Christine: Shouldn't you try asking first? Maybe it can be an evening show, or a weekend thing. From personal experience, acting isn't something you forget that easily. It might be worth trying if you want to.

Later
Cipactli is standing nervously in front of the Ueno dorms with a bouquet of roses.

Cipactli: (fidgets around) Uhh, what should I say?
Leib: (walks out) What's going on? I can hear you thumping around from inside.
Cipactli: Oh, long time no see Leib! Here, a present!
Leib: Uhhhh just give it to MC. Come on in, watch your head.
Inside
Leib: Did you have any idea of how it looks the way you were standing around with flowers out there? Gossip rags would have a field day with that.
Cipactli: Pffft, that just comes with being a star.
Leib: What about us, jackass? Sheesh, stop drawing more work to us and follow me.

Dorm Room
Cipactli: MC, it's me! (slams paper door open and presents flowers)
MC: WHAT / Hey / Uh, thanks?
Leib: Sooo, what brings you here all of a sudden? If it's just to hang out, that's cool too.
MC: Is this about the musical? / Oh, wanna play a game?
---
(A) Cipactli: Wow, good intuition. Yeah, I came to invite you guys back.
(BC) Cipactli: Nah, got something important to talk about first. As in inviting you guys back.
---
Cipactli: I wanna put on Cipactli the Musical on again with you guys...preferably continuously.
Leib: Figures. I've heard the fans going crazy for an encore.
Cipactli: Yep. I don't have a reason to say no to that, but I want to keep the cast the same. You can say no, but don't tell anyone since this isn't public yet.
Leib: It's cool, everyone else is out. If they were here you'd never hear the end of it.
Cipactli: Thanks. Tell them I'll come visit again when I'm less busy. Lots of stuff going on! ...so what do you guys think?

Leib answers first.
Leib: I'm cool with it.
MC: You ARE? You're up to something, aren't you?
Cipactli: Oh my god did you hit your head?
Leib: What, did you want me to say no? Though yeah, I ain't doing it for free. How about a free pass to the backstage?
MC: A free pass to Yurakucho? Why? ...oh
Leib: Eh, I can stand to do a little work if I can wiggle out of more annoying things later. Cipactli's underground area looks like a place that's Transcended Time to me. It's not an Overworld Shift, but Outside the World, Past the Walls of Time. Weird that the Yurakucho guild has that. Maybe it's connected to the Reversal of Time?
Cipactli: What? Well whatever, I'll pass your request on. What about you MC?
MC: I'm in! / Well if everyone else says okay / I wanna do it too!

Cipactli: Great! I honestly figured you two would be the hardest to convince.
Leib: Well I can give a push if someone up there is having doubts about stepping on stage. It bugs me, but it's not bad. Living in itself is a pain in the ass.
Cipactli: It's just like you to act like nothing around you is worth caring about only to be the one paying closest attention to these things.
Leib lightly elbows Cipactli.

Leib: I'm just paying things forward. Anyways! Let's go see everyone else about joining up, yeah?
Cipactli: (whispers to MC) Leib really does have his cute side. Is he what Hecate would call a tsundere?
MC: Yep! / You're cute too / He'll hear you!
(AC) Leib: Hello I can hear you guys. Stop jabbering and let's go already!
(B) Cipactli: Ha! Right, that's way more important!
Leib: Stop flirting and get ready to go!

Akihabara Community Workspace
Hecate's looking at a piece of mail.

Hecate: Corporate serialization of Cipactli the Musical? Oh my god is this my big commercial break!? I know this doesn't happen every day, but can I really do it? (thinks)
Akiha Gongen: Try it out! Better than not and regretting it, right?
Catoblepas: Wow, I'm looking forward to it! Should I call you sensei like they do with all writers now?
Hecate: Oh god stop you guys. But I had thought of making fanfiction... I went ahead to make the script, but the show's a group thing...
Akiha and Catoblepas look at each other.

Akiha: It should be cool!
Catoblepas: Your online fans would love it! They've been calling it the next big epic!
Hecate: Uh, really? I should talk to Cipactli then!
SLAM

Cipactli: (rose bouquet in hand) YOU CALL?
Hecate: WHAT

Cipactli: I've come for you, I've walked with you once upon a stage~♪ I came to ask, how about we write another page?~♪
Hecate: I heard you, but did you think I was such an easy witch?~♪ I know me, I'm a hard-to-scratch, a crazy making itch~♪
Cipactli smirks, dumps the bouquet onto some desk or table, then grabs Hecate for a waltz.

Cipactli: But if I know you, I'll know what you'll do, so I'll ask you to come along with me~♪
Hecate: I walked with you, like back on a long ago dream~♪ But I have to know, what about the rest of the team?~♪
SLAM

Leib: You call?
MC: Let's do it again, Hecate!
Hecate: WHAT
Cipactli: I know you, and I know what you'll do, so why don't you come along with me?~♪
Hecate: OKAY OKAY STOP
Akiha Gongen and Catoblepas catch Hecate.

Hecate: So we're doing an encore? I just got an email for serialization for it so I needed to talk to everyone anyways. But yeah, I'm in. Seems sad if I'm the only one not there.
Cipactli: It's fine. If we aren't all together I'm leaving the show behind as is.
Hecate: Well jeez how's a girl supposed to say no now? Turing asked me to do it too since he wanted us to get closer to the Yurakucho guild, so I have to tell him something. Oh! And no Disney musical sequences for when we go ask the other guys!

Shinjuku
Cipactli: ...Hi Boogeyman. How are you?
Boogeyman: Long time no see, Cipactli. I'm back to teaching and it's been great. And I'm happy to see you and everything, but did you really need to kabedon me?
Cipactli: I NEED YOU BOOGEYMAN
Girl A: Oh my gosh look, Boogeyman is in an Asian Soap love scene!
Girl B: Ohh, and it's with someone outside school!
Boogeyman: HEY! It's not like that! And go home already!
The rest of the current party is watching a little bit away.

MC: Keep going! / This sure is a Hecate-style recruitment attempt / Cipactli's really getting into this
Hecate: Yes, hehehe! Maybe I should ask for a drama CD actor for the next script.
Leib: ...head's up, I'm not up for that.
Hecate: Why tho!? You're so popular!

The party walks up, so Boogeyman gets the picture of what's happening.
Boogeyman: Oh. Couldn't you have just said that?
Hecate: And where's the fun in that?
Leib: I know I'm one to talk, but girl you are messed up.
MC: So, how about it? Too busy with teaching? You can say no.
Boogeyman: Oh, thanks for coming everyone! The students and parent figures have all liked me after we did the show, so I might be able to go if it doesn't cut into my teaching job.
Cipactli: Okay, I'll go ask the office later. School's done for today, right? Just one more to go!

Yurakucho Opera House
Macroich is dancing to a beat.

Oscar: Ooh, you're really getting into acting. What role you looking to do next?
Macroich: I'd have to think, but anything would be good in a script you wrote!
Oscar: Aww, thanks. How about we discuss it at a salon or something tonight? I know a lot of VIPs who'd love to get to know a hot rising action star like--
Cipactli: OBJECTION (runs up to Macroich and Oscar)
Boogeyman: Captain, the Seeker Team needs you!
Hecate: Let's do Cipactli the Musical together again!
Leib: What they said. It'll be Act 2 of your Hot Passionate Youth™ thing or whatever.
MC: So... you in? / I want you with us too! / Captain! Let's go adventuring again!

Macroich looks at Oscar.
Macroich: Thanks, I owe everything to you for that one time where you brought me in. So many things to think about, so many invites to puzzle over, but this time I'm gonna follow along a new encounter!
Oscar: ...okay. Dorian Gray reference, what the gods give they quickly take away. But it's only when we stand on stage that youth goes on forever.
Macroich smiles and runs over to the party.

Macroich: I'm glad we're doing this together again! And wow you got permission to come, Boogeyman?
Boogeyman: Yeah I'm surprised at how much my fellow teachers supported me on this.
MC: Cipactli the Musical is back together! / Celebrity exploitation to get more students to apply!
(BC) Boogeyman: Oh stop joking. But I do need to do my best with everyone supporting me though.

Hecate: Oh right, I forgot to talk about people wanting more gags in the musical.
Leib: Wait what, the thing's getting bigger!?
Macroich: We just put the best show ever on, right? Why not then!
Oscar looks sad at the party having fun and leaving. Cipactli stays behind to talk to him.

Cipactli: If you want to put a show on too, I'm okay with helping you. Just get some courage up to ask.
Oscar: Pffft, you think? I'm the biggest BSer around.
Cipactli: I know, I'm offering to help despite that. Just give it a think.
Cipactli leaves too.

Later
Yuma: D-does anyone have extra tickets to Amduscias's show? I'll take any seat! P-please!
Turing: G'day love, fancy meeting the Ueno guildmaster here.
Yuma: ...Akihabara guildmaster Turing?
Turing: Here trying to go see your favorite star? Look at that, me too! I--
Yuma: You're an Amduscias stan? SINCE WHEN???
Turing: O-okay okay, settle down darling, I'm actually here to see that kaiju actor's new show.
Yuma: ...oh. I was going to lend you my super limited edition copy of Amduscias's last public show. You can see it if you ever feel like it.
Turing: Do that somewhere else please. Anyways I had another reason to walk over here: meeting with the guildmaster I allied with this summer. (pulls out two free passes)
Turing: I suppose they didn't deliver to your place? ...you wouldn't go out even if they came? O-oh...well how about we go in together and say you're with me?

Yurakucho Opera House
Turing: Thanks for the invite, Oscar. I let myself in with that free pass you sent me.
Oscar: Oh my! Akihabara's technical artist and Ueno's Bisclavret! Welcome!
Yuma: ...?
Yuma: !?
Yuma: AAAAAA
Oscar: what
Yuma: I just saw Amduscias behind the set for a second! I have no more regrets in life!
Turing: Why don't you just go talk to him? Maybe you'll become friends.
Yuma: NO! Idol/idol fan line must never be crossed!
Turing: O-oh, pardon...I can never keep up with people who don't see themselves as human. That said, thank you for the free passes Oscar.
Oscar: No, I should be thanking you and your guild for taking care of Cipactli.
Turing: Oh in that case, why don't you answer some questions for me? What IS that underground space beneath the backstage? And why does time flow differently in there compared to outside?

Oscar: (stares)
Turing: The old moat in Yurakucho is different from the dungeons beneath Tokyo. Is it really Connected to this World? Does it have anything to do with that Sphinx boy you partnered up this event?
Oscar: Oh my god time flows differently down there??? Maybe we live in a lie since we can live in eternal youth on stage! So believe me when I say Sphinx and his guild aren't involved in this event, pretty please?
Turing: Oh okay, I know how much of a gentlemanly shyster you are.
Yuma: ...Turing.
Turing: Hmm?
Yuma: The Popol Vuh talks about that. Faith and clarity cease when myths disappear.
Turing: Where have I heard that title...?

Oscar: ...it's the Book of Counsel, the source of faith for Ixbalanque, one of the hero twins. It also shows the border of Myth and creation, one of the biggest literary results of people sharing faith.
Yuma: Oh, I ate that vegetable thing. I have magic DNA analyzing powers, so I know life systems aren't connected. It's in the past or future that myths don't have. That's why Cipactli could live, since no one has Myths there. Oh, no wait...there is just one Myth: the existence of Time.
Oscar: !!
Turing: ...excuse me Yuma, I've underestimated you. I thought you were just a figurehead. And something about bioscience superpowers...
Oscar: ...I'll correct you on one thing. Cipactli lives not just because of that place, but because he's become an actor. So now, he can live on stage too. An Infinite energy machine can't exist nowadays, but he found a place to live for himself in creative works.
Turing: Ohh. Another one of your lies?
Oscar: Nope! Fun fact, lies work on the same principle as negative numbers do! By which I mean, negative times a negative equals a positive. In this case, creative works are fiction and therefore lies, so adding in a lie there makes it true.
Turing: Okay I think that's enough meta philosphy for today. I have a show to watch!
Oscar: Aww, we stopping this interrogation already?
Turing: Gentlemanly behavioral principles! Want to watch with me, Yuma?
Yuma: ...let's talk about Amduscias after.

Backstage
Show time's almost on. Tons of applause!

Leib: Okay, time to shape up. You ready MC?
MC: Yep / Aren't you nervous? / Let's make it the best show ever!
---
(A) Leib: Cool. The others seem calmer than expected too.
(B) Leib: Well yeah, but it's not as bad as our first time ever.
(C) Leib. Yeah, guess so. I'm glad everyone else is less nervous than I expected.
---
Boogeyman: It's how it is for all of us. We aren't alone. Anything messes up, it's not just our fault, so we can be a little brave and put all of ourselves out there. Right?
Everyone agrees.

Macroich: Pre showtime huddle!
Hecate: Say something Cipactli!
Everyone looks at Cipactli. Cipactli dramatically clears his throat.

Cipactli: Well, I'm glad we're doing this again. There's a lot I want to say, but it's gonna be great becuase you guys are great! Let's do this!
MC: Yeah!
And so the curtain rises to what may be a long running future.

The End

2 comments: