Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Ueno Therian Festival Part 1 (Abridged)

One autumn day...
Sailor Solomon pops up!

MC: What? Summer's over. / (immediately pet him)
---
(C) Solomon: Ohhhh, Master~! Hey wait you can't distract me like that!
---
Solomon: Summer is over...and I didn't get to spend any of it with you! I know you were busy with your friends, but I wanted to spend time with you TOO! Oh, if only Master would ask me to go somewhere with them hint hint.
MC: Is there somewhere you want to go? / I wanted to play with you too / Little brat
---
(A) Solomon: Hooray! I love having a kind Master!
(B) Solomon: R-really!? Yay, thank you!
(C) Solomon: How can you be so MEAN!? ...oh, you were kidding? Aww, don't be like that!
---
Solomon: I figured this would happen so I used my Rank 3 Event Guide skills to find an event! Ueno Academy has the Ueno Therian Festival happening today, and everyone's welcome to join! How about we go?
MC: Okay
Solomon: Yay!

Ueno, that city with that famous bioscience research school that lots of furries go to. It's got tons of secrets so outsiders call it the school that cages up wild beasts. It's the city with savage animals with crazy powers they can't control or something they say, so the school is doing PR stuff with other organizations.
Soccer Jaguar: Aw man, the park's closed today! I was gonna practice there.
Soccer Jaguar is juggling a soccer ball like a pro.

Soccer Jaguar: There goes my plans...huh?
Solomon: Yay! Outing, ooting! We're at Ueno! Where do we go from here?
MC: Let's check the map app / There's a signboard for the event / (show Solomon a poster)
Solomon: Oh, it's at the park! ...you're wondering why I didn't look up the location? I figured we could work it out once we got to the station!
Soccer Jaguar is watching MC talk with Solomon from a distance.

Soccer Jaguar: Uhh, is someone invisible there? ...have I seen that guy somewhere before?

Soccer Jaguar starts approaching when some nerd runs in.
Yellow Event Streamer: Hey everybody! I'm at Ueno Station now! Today I'm gonna go see the Ueno Therian Festival. It's just you and me, people! Pretend it's a date! Let's gooo~!
Soccer Jaguar: (stares in futbol)
MC: He's streaming? / Lots of people doing that lately / ...what's his deal?
Solomon: Allow me to tell you! That was an Event Streamer, entertainers who do videos on Not Youtube! Lately a bunch of them have been contracting with talent agencies to do their thing instead of working solo. Oh, I see a security officer! It must be a big event!
It's some drone pilot.
Solomon: He's a Drone Pilot, and he can look around from the sky with a machine. There might be more at the festival! Let's go, Master!
Soccer Jaguar: Dammit I lost them.
The crowds are getting bigger.

Soccer Jaguar: Oh right that festival was happening today. So that's why the park is closed. Well I might as well go look for that weirdo since I have nothing better to do. (kicks ball onto his head and runs off)
And so a new bond is going to be formed.

Later
MC has reached the festival area. There are more Streamers streaming their visit, and Solomon is amazed at the drones flying around.

Solomon: Wow, look Master! There really are a lot of Drone Pilots. And a lot of Streamers coming here. Oh it looks like the Streamers and Pilots are working together. I see! Hmm...now I want to pull out my camera too!
MC: You're good at taking pictures / Can you stream too~? / Relax man
(A) Solomon: Flatterer...it's true tho. Welp, I better get to it and go all out!
(BC) Solomon: Are you TAUNTING me!? Welp, time to go all out then!

Solomon: My Rank 3 Photography skills are gonna wow you! Make sure you have enough storage on your phone. Bye~! (flies off)
MC: He ditched me... I wanted to look around together.
???: Huh? Is that you, MC?
Alp and Cu Sith walk up from behind.

Cu Sith: It IS you! Welcome to Ueno!
Alp: Aww, did you come to see me? I'm so popular~!
MC: Yep / Nope / I came to see everyone
(A) Alp: Aww ye--wait what? I was kidding! ...but if you say so, then I can look around with you!
Cu Sith: But I wanna go see the festival with MC too!
(B) Alp: GASP! I was joking but you shooting me down so fast feels bad... But since you're here and all, wanna come look around with us?
(C) Cu Sith: Does everyone mean everyone in the Ueno guild? Yay! Everyone will be happy too. So want to look around with us?

Cu Sith: Leib and the others are putting products codeveloped by the research lab and businesses on display. I'm sure they'll be surprised when they see you. Let's go!
MC: Sure! / Well I'm not doing anything else / Hmm...
Suddenly a Red Streamer starts talking!

Red Streamer: Hi, I'm streaming this event! Got any recommendations!?
Alp: Wait what? Are we being streamed!?
Cu Sith: Oh, is that a streaming phone? Hello internet!
Alp: Yo baby, it's ya guide!
Alp and Cu Sith pull out a map of the event and tells Red where the displays and stalls are.

Red Streamer: Ohh, thank you! I'mma head over now!
Alp: The festival has a lot of games and carts, so have fun!

MC: You seem to be having fun, Alp / Cu Sith, are you used to streams? / It's like you two are event staff!
Cu Sith: Hehe, I did a lot of introductions. I looked up the event shops yesterday since I figured Senpai and the others would be busy with presentations and couldn't go buy lunch...
Alp: Yeah we were just about to buy some stuff when we saw you.
???: There you guys are. I've finally found--hm? You?
MC: Hi Fenrir / Thou art the Silver Wolf of Twilight!
---
(A) Fenrir: Long time no see, MC. I see you've already met the Guard Dog with the Hidden Dark Power and the Dreaming Panda.
(B) Fenrir: Heh. I can't believe I would see you again in this Forest of Wisdom and Culture after an eternity.
---
Fenrir: It seems I, the Lone Wolf, really am connected to you by fate.
Cu Sith: Hey wait, why were you looking for us?
Alp: Yeah we haven't been gone that long.
Fenrir: Oh, right. We must hurry to the Smoking Polar Bear about the Toiling Bear Researcher!
Alp and Cu Sith: WHAT
MC: Oh no!

Fenrir leads everybody to the lab.
Alp: No...
Cu Sith: jimbo why
Jambavan: ZZZ...
MC: He's just sleeping! / That's it? / Cute face when he sleeps
Leib: Dammit Jambavan. You stay up all night for days in a row and fall over the second you finish putting the display together and building stuff.
Alp: Wait, that happened right after we left!?
Cu Sith: Oh...I told him he should've gotten some sleep earlier.
MC: Animal cruelty! / Leib gonna Leib / Let him sleep

Leib: Hey MC, been a while. And I've been busy too as lab boss, you know. Well, Jamabavan did good, so I'll give him some good stuff when he wakes up. For now we'll just throw up a cot behind the booth and have Fenrir carry him over. We're out a guy to run the booth though, so that's where you come in.
Cu Sith: But we were going to go see the stalls and look around!
Leib: What? You only need to sit there until it's my breaktime and prep to take over. Come on, I'll pay you. You'll help right ol' buddy ol' pal MC?
MC: Thank you for your business! / I'm already pulled in! / lmao bye
---
(A) Leib: Greedy magpie. Well I already took that into account when I asked.
(B) Leib: Hey, you'll get some extra cash to play around with by standing at our booth! Win-win, right?
(C) Cu Sith: NOOO don't leave us!
Alp: We won't be able to explain anything about the booth without your help!
---
Leib: Fenrir has another job to go to so he unfortunately can't stay, so I'm counting on you MC. It'll be over quick, no worries!
And so the three of them were given a crash course on what was at the booth.

Later
MC: I hope no one comes / how did this happen / (read the materials)
---
(A) Alp: Same. But someone is gonna come, huh?
(B) Cu Sith: Sorry MC. But I'll take care of things if you're in trouble! And Leib is doing his best in the back!
(C) Alp: Wow MC, you can read all that?
Cu Sith: Jambavan always makes it easy to understand, but it's still hard for us to get. Grad students are amazing.
---
Soccer Jaguar comes by!

Soccer Jaguar: ...hi. What's this booth for?
Alp: OH NO SOMEONE CAME BY! I bet he's gonna go so rough on me and Cu Sith for being cute and--
Soccer Jaguar: Uhh, I'm not into that.
Alp: WHAT!? How can anyone not see this cuteness and not think anything of it!?
Soccer Jaguar: Oh, no wait I wasn't talking about cuteness. I'm the kind of guy who can control his focus on things in front of him.
Alp: what

Cu Sith: O-oh, somebody's here! W-welcome! This is a display booth! Um, we show things codeveloped by Ueno's grad students with businesses. The stuff our senpais make is amazing! Cutting edge stuff? Something like that!
Soccer Jaguar: So uh, all I got was that your senpais are awesome. So isn't it your job to explain your things to a layman like me?
Cu Sith: OOF! But he's right...
Alp: Oh no we're screwed! MC, help!
MC: little bRAT / I can't argue with that... / Well in that case...
MC goes to grab a box labeled "for demos" from the back.

MC: Seeing is believing!
Alp and Cu Sith: WHAT

MC: Behold, the Cook Slime X!
Cu Sith: ...is this okay, MC? Uhh, so we show the slime a picture of what we want to eat, then...
Cook Slime: Beep beep! Analyzing...analyzing...
Cu Sith and Alp: !?
Cook Slime: Analysis complete, beep beep! Begin cooking!
Alp: It talks!? So it's a machine that cooks for us?
MC: Science babble!
The cook slime vibrates in place and eventually releases steam from the top. MC keeps reading from the explanation book.

Soccer Jaguar: Oh, I get it. It's a show to get people's attention? Nice, keep it going.
Cu Sith: (Yay! He thinks we're putting on a show!)
Alp: (Awesome! Let's turn up the cute and BS entertain our way through to the end!)
Alp: Hey everybody, come see our display booth!
Cu Sith: We have a Cook Slime X to show!

Randos start coming over.
Green Streamer: Smells good, man. Rice, spice...that's biryani! Whoops, I flehman'd on camera while streaming. Sorry! I'm gonna check it out!
Cook Slime: Cooking complete, beep beep! Bon appetit!
MC: It's done! Anyone want to try? (oh god we made it)
Cu Sith: Thank you MC! Things went great thanks to you!
Alp: We ain't done yet, Cu Sith! Now we just gotta get everyone to try the food!
Cu Sith: Right. MC, you can take a break in the back. Okay everybody, please line up here for a taste test of the Cook Slime's cooking!
Alp: Ooh, I wanna try too...oh no, I still have work to do!
Green Streamer: Wow, this is restaurant quality! An automatic cooker? Wow! ...it's still in development!? I hope it's done quick!

The food is eaten quickly between Alp and Cu Sith's charms and the food's aroma, and the randos walk away satisfied.
Soccer Jaguar: ...hey, can I talk to you?
Cu Sith: Huh? D-did you have another question!?
Alp: OH NO I can't explain anything any better!
Soccer Jaguar: No, it's not that. I wanted to apologize for being rude earlier to someone older than me. And that show you did was fun and easy to get. I like guys who can get things done, so I wanted to tell you that. Also... (stares at MC in sassy)
Soccer Jaguar: ...oh. I was just imagining things. You look just like a normal person. (turns away)
MC: Hey wait, who are you? (gives introduction)
Soccer Jaguar: Oh, right. The name's Xbalanque, from El Dorado. Nice to meet you.

Xbalanque: ...huh, you're in a grade above me? You're a lot more random than I'd expect from a senpai.
Xbalanque looks at Alp and Cu Sith.
Cu Sith: I'm Cu Sith. Alp and I are 1st years at Ueno Academy's high school. You're in the same grade as us? Hehe. Would you tell us about yourself? Which school do you go to?
Alp starts trembling.
Cu Sith: Alp, what's wrong!?
Alp: THAT WAS AWESOME
Cu Sith: WHAT

Alp: If I wanna be popular, I gotta be both cute and cool! I oughta introduce myself like you did, man! The name's Alp, from Yggdrasil. Nice to meet you!
Xbalanque: ...you aren't gonna show any part of your own self if you totally copy someone else, you know.
Alp: OOF right in the chest
Cu Sith: Y-you're so mean, Xbalanque! Alp just wanted to be friends with you!
Xbalanque: (points) You have your own good points, so you don't need to bother with copying me. I'm not bothered by the flattery, but I think you're better off working on what you do best instead of trying to be me.
Alp: O-ooh~...
Cu Sith: W-whoa...there aren't many guys like you around here so that really made my heart pound...
Xbalanque: Uhh, did I say something funny? I thought it was obvious.
MC: Alp is being sweet talked... / A wild bratty kouhai appeared... / I can't lose either!
Xbalanque: Say, are you guys still doing the booth? I'll be going then. Later.
MC: Uh... / (silently wave)
MC, Alp, and Cu Sith watch Xbalanque disappear into the crowd.
Later

Blue Streamer: Okay people, time to start our fun fall campaign!
Purple Streamer: Did you think we were done? We still have a second part to do! We're gonna enjoy the Ueno Therian Festival!
Blue Streamer: See you in the next part!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment