Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Akiba and Dragons Episode 3 Part 1 (Abridged)

Flashback to Itzamna's art class!
Vapula: What do I want to convapley with my art? What?
A few days ago before the event, Kuniyoshi introduced Vapula to the class.

Vapula: Hey, I'm vapery particular about observing because it's important for True Art!
Vapula can recreate anything written down in a book.

Vapula: I studied a lot! Culture from Gehenna, the prevapulent trends in Tokyo, and a whole buncha other books! What am I supposed to do if that's still not enough!? Why do the figures I make go crazy when all I do is build them?
Itzamna does not answer directly. He instead talks about Vapula's progress and works. Like, all of them. Stuff he did on impulse, stuff he does with friends, and stuff he presents for projects. They all clearly do not lack for passion.

Vapula: So why do the figures I make keep going berserk!? ...what do you mean I have that backwards?

Itzamna says the question isn't "why were the figures made to go berserk," it's "why are they going berserk themselves?" What if the problem is that the vessel cannot hold what is being put into it? Works convey things, but what if the target to be conveyed to is lost? And so, Itzamna asks: what is Vapula making things for?
Vapula: For vapleasure. And because I wanna make even better things.
It's important to have fun while making things because that turns into motivation. Wanting to make something even better is indispensable. Continued pursuit of progress out of dissatisfaction of what is done now makes works shine.
Vapula: ...so I have to choose between vapleasure and true art?
Itzamna shook his head. Vapula is already full of passion and his works are already elaborate and beautiful. His skills are always looking for the next challenge. Creators make their imagination reality, even things that might have been only a passing daydream. That's why they should experience whatever they can, especially the things they want to make and the things they want to do.

Vapula: What does trying hard to make something even MEAN? I never seen anything my skills or imagination couldn't vaput together!
Itzamna says you can't choose if you have no choices, but you can't go anywhere if you pretend to not see your limits. What Vapula lacks is things he can't put into form himself, but if he learns what that is, he'll have something new to make.

Vapula: Whaaaat

Present
Vapula is just standing there in the Metaverse.

Sand Dragon: bark bark
Vapula: what are you trying to convapuley to me?
Vapula thinks more on what Itzamna said. No epiphanies yet. When he looks at MC and the Sand Dragon...
Sand Dragon: (concerned barking)
Vapula: Are you worried about me? I'm vapeeling fine, just tired from thinking too much. Hey wait, golems aren't allowed to have personalities and--
MC: What's wrong? / (hug from behind) / (lean over from behind to look at him)
(A) Vapula: AAH! Oh, it's you...
(B) Vapula: AAH it's too hot for this! Oh, MC? You never have a vapery good sense of boundaries.
(C) Vapula: AAH, I thought you were gonna bump into my face!

Vapula: You know, you and this sand dragon look vapery similar...wait, actually you remind me more of something...deep in Gehenna...
Vapula thinks of the fallen angel who was burdened with many wishes in the past.

Zhurong: You guys! Isn't the art contest going to start soon?
Vapula: Whoa! ...oh right, you said you were gonna covaper the event and take pictures. The school asked me to show you around. Sorry, head's empty like a vaplastic bin or something today.
MC: Wow, Zhurong! Are you going to take pictures of the sand art exhibit?
Zhurong: Yay, I'm gonna take tons of pictures!
Vapula: I saw your vaportfolio earlier. You'll be great.
Zhurong: Yay, thank you! Oh yeah, I wanna take pictures of you make a golem thingy! And MC and the dragon too. Front page headline!
Sand Dragon: (excited chirping)
Vapula: Okay! The children's sand box corner right? Vaplease leave it to me, I'll be there in half an hour.
Zhurong: Okay. I'll go ahead since Babe is waiting.

Vapula waves before entering a reminder on his phone.
Vapula: So before I help Zhurong's newspaper thing, there's helping the teachers and Tindalos's vapideo stuff... Dang that's a lot of stuff going on. Am I gonna get a vabrilliant stroke of insight on feels like this?
MC: Hey, Vapula / Can I help too? / We're here too
---
(A) Vapula: It's fine because I do it because I like it! Vaputting works together is fun and distracts me from how tired I am, so once I'm done vapass out like a light and end up late for a few days. I try to be careful but it keeps happening.
(B) Vapula: Oh vaplease, you're helping a lot already. I'm glad you're here with me though. My exhibition is still on, and I can't keep up with Zhurong and Babe by myself. Counting on you today, MC!
(C) Vapula: ...oh yeah, the golem you made hasn't vapeered into crazy again since before. If it were me I'd already have put the met back in emeth. I wonder what's different?
---
Vapula: Oh right we gotta go now!
Vapula, MC, and the dragon run off to the next event thing going on while someone watches them on a monitor.

Later
Turing: How's my new swimsuit? Just as brilliant as that chap Tindalos's Bros, yeah?
Enigma: ...hmm, it is very fitting.
Turing: Speaking of the Tindalos Bros, how are they? It looks like the system failsafe is under fire.
Enigma: The cause has been identified moments ago and the software has been updated.
Enigma responds robotically. Turing takes no notice.
Turing: Oh you're always like that when you and Tindalos are together. Have you noticed you're getting more human?
Enigma: ...I only follow my given orders and assist the master I serve.
Enigma is an information lifeform that exists only to protect his master's secrets. He was born from internet cyphers and PROBABLY spontaneously developed a self. Turing deciphered him and made him his bitch, then dressed him to his tastes. Turing is researching the creation of an AI art creator, hoping to create a creator's singularity. Create! And Enigma is helping Turing with that at this event too.

Enigma: ...I plan to always abide by my functions and act objectively with my inputs.
Enigma's voice has a very very slight pitch to it only Turing would notice.

Turing: Hmm. Your given proposition is to be a System that creates to fulfill the desires a person inputs to you. The Tindalos Bros were made to be his dream and your opposite, deliberately inviting mixed receptions. Correct?
Enigma: ...under normal circumstances, yes. But this time I have another task beyond that. I am prioritizing the management of this event.
Turing: How rational. Like me. Still, you made a suggestion based on a denial rather than an alternative. A never before seen chemical reaction...I'm jealous. I wish a genius who could stand as an equal to me like Tindalos is for you would show up one day.
Enigma: ...I have another suggestion regarding the chaos factor Tindalos. He has already deviated from early stage assumptions for this project and liable to damage my thesis.
Turing: Things are fine as is. No corrections or modifications to your orders needed. Keep all records...actually, all memories of parameters you experience.

Enigma: Why, Master? It is possible my abilities may be lower--
Turing: Because That Thing is important as you don't seem to have realized. This event is going to be interesting! I'm excited at least. Maybe I'll find what I'm looking for between the event beach, your parameters, and the external variables gathering in the venue.
Enigma: ...I do not comprehend, but my orders are absolute. I will prioritize solving the thesis you gave me and treat these variables equally.
Turing: That'd be nice. Time to meet MC and the others! Creators have a lot to learn in reality. What about you Enigma?
Enigma: Please enter your command.
Turing: Okay. Uh...go enjoy summer.
Enigma: ...is that a joke or a code? I mean, understood Master.

Later
MC: Oh my god look at all the sand art!
Vapula: It's our term vaproject, so everyone in Akihabara is collaborating. There's still more though, MC! Why you ask? You'll see later.
Itzamna: Is everyone here for the sand art class? Let's follow the rules and have fun building. Oh, Vapula? We just started.
Vapula: Sorry I'm late! Let's vaplay with the sand!
Class (Creators, Babe and Zhurong, random kids): Okay!
Sand Dragon: chirp
MC: A sand art class? / Non students can make things too? / Let's make something together, Sandy!

Itzamna: Oh, MC? I'm here as a lecturer and holding an exhibit. It's a splendid participation system! I guide everyone through making art and we all work together to create something. That said, I wish for you to relax and have fun with the process.
Kuniyoshi: People think we're a nerd school, but we do have art classes and all.
Catoblepas: Events like these show people how fun creating can be.
Vapula: We help with these things too. Very vapleasurable way to spend some time.
Catoblepas: MC, did you come to help Vapula?
MC: Yep / I didn't want to be alone... / I came to see you
(A) Catoblepas: Thank you!
(B) Catoblepas: Aha, so you came where everyone was gathering?
(C) Catoblepas: Huh? N-no, you can't just say that to just anyone. People might take it the wrong way!

Catoblepas: ...you're like Akiha Gongen that way. Umm, I want to ask... How do you move like that, all quick on your feet and active? I'm always slow and dragging my feet, so I'm late a lot...
MC: I move before I think about it / I'm happy when other people are happy / Everything happens to me...
(A) Catoblepas: O-oh, so it's not something you can explain. I think that character said the same thing. Maybe this cosplay isn't a good fit for me... UH! I'm sorry! I was just thinking about something...
(B) Catoblepas: Hmm...I think I get it a little bit. But acting honest with your feelings is the hardest thing to do...
(C) Catoblepas: O-oh. Always...? Well maybe if I had someone like that...

Vapula: Cool swimsuit, Catoblepas? Did you vapick it yourself?
Catoblepas: N-no, a fashion designer at the branch school made it after a consultation...
MC: Who? / WAR FLASHBACKS / Gee I wonder who it could beeee
Catoblepas: Akihabara has a bunch of branch schools for different specializations.
Vapula: Fashion is one of them. There's a lot of upper level students that are already working vaprofessionals!
Catoblepas: I-I'm a little embarrassed at how bold it is, but she shoved it into my hands saying that's exactly why the shadow stands out...
MC: So you made it for a cosplay pic?
Catoblepas: Oh no, I'm wearing it as a costume to fit in with the event. I hope cosplaying and sand art collabing work out... I'll explain later since the situation is important for cosplaying.
Vapula: So it's something to look forward too! But yeah, it looks like people vaput a lot of thought into their swimsuits.
Kuniyoshi: Collabs are exciting. If I collab with a furry...OH MY GOD I gotta draw on something! Anything! Even the sand if I have to!

Itzamna: Okay class, having free reign to make something might be too hard for beginners, so I got some art models!
Akiha Gongen and Tindalos walk over.

MC: WHAT
Itzamna: Defined muscles make great art subjects, and that's why I asked them to do it.
Tindalos: I stream my workouts anyway! Video uploads have to be family friendly, so watch me pose like a bodybuilder! Like this! And this!
Akiha: I work out with my senpais all the time, so I'll pose too! ...am I doing it right?
Tindalos: Damn bro, you're ripped. New pose!
MC: Nice beef, Akiha! / Look at that cut, Tindalos! / IT'S BEEF MOUNTAIN
(A) Akiha: Thanks MC! For whatever it is you just said! I'm glad to help out otakus! Call me again if you need a model, even if it's just one of you!
(B) Tindalos: Hell yeah dude! Check mah gains!
(C) Somewhere else
Zaoh: WHO SAID MOUNTAIN? I hear the call of my INTEREST! WA--
Akihabara Event Area
Vapula: Wait what why did you vaput your hands over your mouth like that? This is vapery concerning! ...you said the forbidden word? what?

Vapula: All this beefcake is making me sweat.
Sand Dragon: (chirps excitedly)
MC: Oh wow the dragon is posing too. In that case, me too!
Sand Dragon: (chirps excitedly)
Tindalos: Man, letting it all out feels awesome. Come join me as a guest the next time I stream a workout! It's only scary the first time. You'll get used to it! Actually I'll do a quick stream right now! Hey dudes, dudettes and do whatevers, Tindalos here!
Akiha Gongen: Oh! Am I on the internet now? Hi otakus! Catoblepas, join us!
Catoblepas: O-okay. Uh, V-sign? Y-yay...! MC, are you watching?
MC: Yep! / Stop! / Me too!
(C) Akiha: Wow, you're joining us? Let's make a memory of it!
Sand Dragon: bark bark!

Some people avoid the camera.
Hecate: Wow, people are so energetic in this heat. The sun, it burns my night owl skin! It's summer and all, but sunny beaches is for the world of the bright and cheery. But but, it's still a good chance for me to get a good look at the collection of cool models! And then if I'm chosen for the voting art gallery and term project exhibition, I'll get a discount ticket for Akihabara Academy's art shop! I'll just have to wait.
MC: Nerd self-talking alert / This sounds like the intro of a sloppy doujin / I love your swimsuit Hecate
(A) Hecate: That's just how otaku are! In fact, I'd say normies don't talk to themselves enough, especially about their favorite things. Can you even imagine a world where you have no favorites?
(B) Hecate: You don't like those, MC? Isn't it better to get to the point? It's nice to talk about your current life in the first panel and get to the story rather than setting it all on some pages.
(C) Hecate: OH NO, PRAISE! Uh, I don't know how I'm supposed to react! Hecately speaking, I guess I wanna turn into a wall... please say something! ...good, that's the best reaction. No regrets for my life as an author.

Itzamna: Okay class, talking is nice but it's about time to start making things, yes?
???: Oh, I just made it! May I join in too, ol' chap?
It's Turing!
Vapula: OH MY GOD TURING YOUR SWIMSUIT
MC: (admire the delicate balance) / (check him out before you think about it) / (just say it looks good)
(AB) Turing: You're just complimenting me on my Natural Body. But in the name of fitting in, thanks I guess.
(C) Turing: ...hehe, what a lovely reaction. Thank you for complimenting the swimsuit I chose.

Turing: I finished work and now I came to play. I'll help as an art demo assistant.
Itzamna: I know you've been busy for months. No need to push yourself.
Turing: Thank you! Your summer clothes are just smashing.
Itzamna: Haha, thank you. I was worried they stood out too much for a teacher.
MC: Let's swim together later! / The new look is nice / Date me!
---
(A) Itzamna: Ooh, okay. But that might be too much for me. But if floating in the shallows is fine, I would be happy to join you.
(B) Itzamna: Perhaps so. I'm usually indoors and calm, but this outfit makes me feel more excited. A change of image may be good.
(C) Itzamna: No, not in front of my students! And aren't I too old for you? I still have some color on me though. Have some more discretion. Also I shall take that as a compliment.
---
Itzamna: Okay everyone, could you help with teaching the children?
Creators: Okay!
Babe Bunyan: Let's do this thing, guys!
End of Episode half 

No comments:

Post a Comment