Friday, May 3, 2024

Oedo Christmas Epilogue (Abridged)

Asakusa
Motosumi: Wakey wakey MC, you got a student council meeting to go to!
MC: Morning! / (hug) / deja vu I've been here before
---
(A) Motosumi: wait what you're up already? Whatever, breakfast is up. Get ready!
(B) Motosumi: It's too early for this, breakfast is ready already!
---
Hey look, someone's sweeping outside this early in the day.

Takemaru: Mornin' MC!
MC: Morning! Breakfast is up!
Takemaru: I'll finish up here first. Go on!

Later
Breakfast time! Everyone is looking at Gouryou being there at this time of day.

Takemaru: Are you today's flying pig to be up already?
Gouryou: Tee hee, I just felt like being up for once. MC, you busy tonight?
MC: I'm going to Asakusa's Fluffy Yoshiwara's Xmas party.
Gouryou: Me too! Let's go together.
MC: How about you guys? / I want it to be just us
(A) Motosumi: The Christian heresy, right in my Buddhist temple!? Eh, the kiddos like it so whatever.
(B) Gouryou: (whispers) After the party then. Don't get cold feet, eh?

Later
Umamichi school gate. Something's coming this way...

MC: (blind dodge) / (home run smash) / (awesome catch)
Nezha: Oh my god MC can you see the future???
Hanuman: Are you a ninja???
Girimekhala: Sorry about that MC.
Nezha: Join our snowball fight?
MC: Sorry, student council business. But hey, you three busy tonight? Christmas party stuff!
Inside
Gorozaemon: BOO!
MC: (make a face) / (boo back) / (humor them)
(AB) Gorozaemon: aww yesss
(C) Gorozaemon: Wait did you know this was coming? You better watch yourself while I pull out the big guns.

Li Chou: Wow bestie, Gorozaemon got me good when they did that to me!
Today's agenda: what do about Umamichi's New Years collab event?

Li Chou: Should we invite Hotei?
Gorozaemon: Or I can ask my guildmates for actors and stuff.
MC: Maybe Goemon then? The Entertainers, right? / I wanna go on stage too!
---
(AB) Gorozaemon: Not a bad idea.
(C) Gorozaemon: Nice!
---
Li Chou: Maybe I should do something new too...
MC: How about Fluffy Yoshiwara's Xmas party?
Gorozaemon: That sounds awesome! You know how many youkais were on the down low over there? I was thinking of going too.
Li Chou: There!? Really!?
Gorozaemon: Wanna come with?
SLAM

Girl A: Oh god, Shibamata raid incoming!
MC: yeah yeah I got this

Outside
Taishakuten: Fight back dammit!
Sanat Kumara: Some other day, please.
Taishakuten: Then I guess Asakusa is MINE!
MC: Wait I can explain all this again!
Taishakuten: What!?
One explanation later

Taishakuten: (crying projectile tears) Why didn't you say so!?
Sanat: Don't you have your own Christmas thing to get ready for?
Taishakuten: Oh shit that's right! I promised to be Santa!
MC: Wanna come to Fluffy Yoshiwara after that?
Sanat: How brave. So how about it, Taishakuten? Scoping out the enemy and all that.
Taishakuten: Hmm, makes sense.
Sanat: ...wait does that mean I have to come too?
MC: Yep. See you then!

Some diner
Gouryou: Tee hee
Typhon: (concerned) oh no did he finally go looney toons?
Seth: Sorry man, I didn't know you were down that bad.
Gouryou: Excuse you, I got a date tonight!
Typhon: oh geez, he forgot about our babe hunting plans tonight
Gouryou: It's with MC!
Seth and Typhon stand up and start shaking Gouryou.

Typhon: WHAT
Seth: Yeah, what!?
Gouryou: Hey it's not like it's a Christmas date. You guys can come too!
Typhon: Awesome!
Seth: F-fine, I guess I can go!
Gouryou: Cool, nobody's staying home like a loser tonight!

Police station
Horus: Good work on Christmas too, Otter, Nobumichi.
Nobumichi: You too Horus. I mean, Boss.
Otter: I'm glad we got done by noon! You got plans later, Lord Horus?
Horus: I've cleared them for the day. Shall we get changed given what day it is?
Nobumichi: what???
Horus and Otter put on Santa suits.

Horus: How do I look, Nobumichi?
Otter: Sorry I couldn't get one for you too...
Nobumichi: Uh, no worries?
Horus: Stop standing there and get ready for the Christmas party?
Nobumichi: what?????
Nobumichi: actually, it's all cool if you guys made up or whatever just happened.
Otter: Oh right I forgot to tell you something!
Nobumichi: W-what!?
Otter: (dramatic samurai pose) I'm from Kamui Kotan and I'm Horus's aide! I'm also a klutz who likes it when my masters at Fluffy Yoshiwara pat me on the head and call me a good cute boy!
Nobumichi: you can't just drop these things on me so casually???
Otter: Let's go already!

Fluffy Yoshiwara
The party gets a redo of the Christmas day they all fell into Edo!

Nobumichi: I didn't know you were so precious, Otter!
Otter: Come visit whenever!
Ulaanbaatar: You guys I made the effort to come in early today! Did you guys at the popo get here even earlier?
Horus: I must work harder than anyone to keep my place by Uncle!
Nobumichi: Hi I'm Nobumichi. Y'all know each other?
Ulaan: I'm a firefighter. Nice meeting ya!
Turing: Hello loves, big party today I see.
The Creators are here!

Sphinx: Tindalos, look! This place is awesome!
Enigma: Stop shaking the camera. We can't see.
Tindalos: Get back into the corner, you! HEY CHAT WE LIVE ON STREAM!
Horus: Sphinx? Don't run and trip.
Sphinx: (GASP) Lord Horus!? Then is that guy--
Otter: w-what
Sphinx: Ha. You really think you can be his aide? Call me senpai and maybe I'll test you, nerd!
Horus: Please stop ruining your wise image when you speak.
Otter: I win, "Senpai"!
Sphinx: LET'S GO, YOU AND ME RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW
Horus sighs.

Nobumichi: Is that what you're into, Horus? Do I need to go chibi too?
Horus: RUUUUDE

Akiha Gongen: You were here, Baatar-senpai!?
Ulaanbaatar: Hey Akiha. Like my Santa suit?
Akiha: It's okay? At least buckle up a little.
Ulaan: But I've been working soooo hard lately~
Akiha: When!?
Horus: So Turing, figure anything out about our Edo trip and why we restarted this day?
Turing: According to my research we fell underneath Tokyo. Rather obvious in hindsight, isn't it.
Horus: Right, the Tokyo Dungeons and the past memories within.
Turing: Yes, but we got to see a layer deeper to what the area was like before the Walls. Deeper truth? Hmm. Then someone made the well disappear like it was never there. Maybe it was a security hole? The unknowns at the highest heights and lowest depths. Maybe the Walls DON'T extend infinitely up and down. Some Wa no Kuni landers say Tokyo looks a lot like their home world, and we did see memories of a time when Tokyo was still connected to the outside.
Horus: Then does that mean even deeper beneath Edo is...?
Turing: ...maybe the well was inconvenient to Tokyo's enclosure and that's why we all got loaded to an earlier save state. Or maybe the Game blew up because MC clipped through the floor when they fell into the well. Scary thought, isn't it? Small scale loops still have some memory retention. Far as I know, the most likely person who could fiddle with the game outside its bounds is someone high up from Utopia. Just guessing though, love. We'll know some day.

Guess who's finally here?
MC: Hey guys! / wait am I last? / Otter! Pets!
(A) Horus: Uncle! I'm sorry I wasn't out earlier to pick you up...
Gouryou: What, am I not good enough? Kidding.
(B) Ulaanbaatar: Eyyyy, MC baby! I've been waiting like a good boy, so how about you say hi to me with a kiss~?
Gouryou: S'up firefighter? Aren't you busy this time of year?
Ulaan: Detective! Aren't you busy too?
(C) Otter: Lay it on me!
Gouryou: Hello, regular customer here.
Otter: I didn't forget! Thanks for coming!

And now the rest of the random guests! Umamichi gang! Taishakuten! Seth and Typhon!
Gorozaemon: Wow you know enough people to start your own Night Parade, MC.
Otter: Boss!? You know MC?
Gorozaemon: Student council buddies. Also why are you calling me Boss?
Otter: Uhh, nothing.
Gorozaemon: Okay? You remind me of an otter youkai I met...
Otter: HEY LET'S GO INSIDE EVERYBODY!
Seth and Horus: (sees each other) oh
MC: uhh...

Seth: You're lucky it's Christmas punk.
Sphinx: HOW DA--
Horus: It's okay Sphinx, right now I would win. So get strong enough to protect your brother.
Seth: W-well yeah I will! ...bro!
Horus faintly smiles at this. Sphinx makes a face at Seth.

Horus: That said, I'm stronger than you so Uncle is mine.
Seth: HEY
Gouryou: oh hang on now, I'm the shogun's assistant here. MC's mine~!
Ulaanbaatar: No, I am!
Turing: You lads never learn. Otter, do the thing.
Chibi BEEEAAAAM!

Otter: Now let's all sit in MC's lap together! Except for me, I'll be sitting next to MC!
Horus, Gouryou, and Ulaan: MAKE IT STOP
Later
Turing: Being human is such rubbish sometimes. Bodily fatigue? What a scam.
Someone brings tea.

Turing: MC? Oh thank you love, I was thinking I needed to get out of my laboratory mo--!?
Purple: Hello Snow White, dinner is served... oh, nice to meet you and sorry for staring. You look just like the snow.
Turing: It's okay. You remind me of someone who said that before.
Someone calls.

Purple: Yes, Koun! Excuse me...
Turing: Life can be so strange sometimes.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment