Sunday, April 14, 2024

Live A Hero Aqua Vacation Thermae Panic Episode 3 (Abridged)

Pretty day. Table full of food and drink.
Theoreol: ...are you done yet?
Alphecca: Forgive my rudeness...
Rakta: I'm sorry about my curiosity...
Obsidius: Same...
The party has been excitedly bugging Theoreol about alchemy.

MC: I couldn't get a word in edgewise to stop them...
Theoreol: it's okay. it was nice to have so much food after so long! (absorbs a whole cake)
MC: WHAT

Obsidius: What just happened!?
Theoreol: oh right my manners. I'm not supposed to absorb wrapping paper and utensils, yes?
Rakta: Not that, the absorption!
Theoreol: !? oops. keep it a secret? like I said I am a homunculus so... (takes hand wrapping off) I can take things directly into my body
MC: whoa
Obsidius: This was a thing for 800 years...?
Theoreol: my creator said I was an accident, but then he attacked me because he thought it would be good for alchemical science. please don't tell anyone else.
Alphecca: Okay, I swear on my crown.
Theoreol: oh, well thank you for agreeing so quickly! so why are you all here? you don't seem to have anything in common.
MC: uhhhh / tourism / Reasons™
(A) Alphecca: Sightseeing! With bodyguards!
(B) Alphecca: Indeed. My first pleasure trip, so I brought bodyguards.
(C) Obsidius: It's not that deep. We're tourists.
Alphecca: Indeed! My first pleasure trip, so I brought bodyguards.

Theoreol: oooh. maybe this is lucky? (thinks)
Theoreol: can I join your party?
Alphecca: Huh, why?
Theoreol: you are all interesting and maybe I should try the tourism thing too. also it's been so long since I met anyone who knew what I was and didn't try to grab me for science™. it would be nice to not hide for once.
MC: he seems nice... / seems weird to add him when we're on security (look to Obsidius and Rakta)
(BC) Obsidius: Professionally I'm not down with doing guard detail with someone we don't really get
Alphecca: Makes sense, but...
Obsidius: He can still be a part of the sightseeing party if you want!
Rakta: Agreed.
Alphecca: ...ha! Wonderful!

Alphecca: We would love to have you, Theoreol!
Theoreol: wait, really?
Alphecca: Yes! If this blows up on me, it just means I misjudged you. Let's go!
MC: welp / guard work is getting complicated
---
(C) Obsidius: That just means I take point if it comes to it!
Rakta: I'll help too!
---
Alphecca: The more the merrier!
Obsidius: Right, to the baths.
Rakta: My research! (shows phone map)
MC: uhh, closest one is past the king statue?
Obsidius: Seems pretty close, yeah.
Alphecca: Oh. This was once a kingdom? Can we see the statue? Formal greetings and all that.
Obsidius: Sure. Guys?
MC: Okay! / whatever / but the baaaths
(C) Rakta: I know that feeling, truly, but they aren't going anywhere
Obsidius: Might as well work up some sweat first!

Later
MC: Whoa...
That sure is a big king statue.

Alphecca: Amazing. (stares)
Citizen A: Tourists? Cool statue, huh?
Alphecca: Yes, is that really a former king?
Citizen A: Yep. He made this place in a single generation.
Alphecca: WHAT
Obsidius: You exaggerating?
Citizen A: (shrug) He was real at least. Also, the kingdom only lasted one generation.
Alphecca: WHAT

Theoreol: is that so weird?
Rakta: Compared to Earth kingdoms, yes.
Alphecca: Fascinating! Details, good stranger!
Citizen A: OKAYOKAYBACKUP
Obsidius: Calm down, geez! You like this back home?
Alphecca: Whatever keeps things going!
MC: well he's having fun / the gap... / what a big kid...
(C) Alphecca: Haha, I am an adult who still has his childlike wonderment, thank you.

Citizen A: Okay, exposition time!
Citizen A sits down. MC buys drinks for everyone.

Citizen A: Oh thanks! Anyways, know where the water comes from?
Obsidius: Underground source, gave a quick and dirty explanation earlier.
Citizen A: Cool, thanks. But back then we couldn't drill into the water so we couldn't settle here.
MC: Ooh / Obsidius, explain!
---
(BC) Obsidius: It's super tough, brah.
---
Obsidius: I get it. No heavy machinery to do it back then.
Citizen A: Yep. This place used to be a wasteland until one guy managed to break into the bedrock and get the magic healing water flowing. People started coming and asked him to be king, and that's how the kingdom happened.

Alphecca: ...the same kingdom that died in a generation?
Citizen A: Oh the king just dissolved the kingdom and put in a parliament since he only became king because people asked him to.
Obsidius: Huh.
Citizen A: We think he's awesome so we made his spear and water jug town symbols we put everywhere!
Alphecca: Interesting! Thank you.
Citizen A: No, thank you for being interested in our home!
Alphecca: I feel like such an adventurer now! ...o-oh, sorry for getting too excited.
MC: How nice

Alphecca: Hmm, what a king to end the kingdom himself for the people...
Obsidius: What, thinking of expanding?
Alphecca: Nope, I'm just here to support the kingdom I have! No regrets about my life, but...it's amazing to take your inheritance and carve it into something new..
Aww he's blushing. Quiet digivice noises!

MC: wait what
Alphecca: Sorry I got sidetracked here.
Rakta: I found it fascinating as well.
Theoreol: I wonder how the king broke through bedrock with his bare hands?
Obsidius: The truth could be more boring like refugees bringing the right tech with them. Whatever! For now, our agenda is...
MC: Pools! / Magic healing water? / SWIMSUITS
---
(C) Obsidius: I-I guess? Literally don't trip.
---
Rakta: Let's go!

Title Card: Glory of the Kingless

Space bathhouse!
MC: What do you think, Rakta? / Nice swimsuit, Alphecca! / Obsidius what is that swimsuit
(A) Rakta: Personal testing is the most illuminating method of investigation! ...except I'm perfectly fine so I can't tell if the magic healing water actually works! I cannot BELIEVE I would ever be bothered by my health like this!
(B) Alphecca: Haha, thank you MC! I bought it on Earth since I forgot to bring one from home. I took the clerk's suggestion since I never picked my own clothes before!
(C) Obsidius: Gym signup bonus. Part of my job involves desk work and research so I go there sometimes to exercise. Go ahead, feel how beefy I am!

Alphecca: The water and flowers are so beautiful!
Obsidius: Hell yeah! Feels great too! And kinda weird...
Rakta: Hmm. Relaxing effects? Fascinating how normal it looks.
Obsidius: Yeah it's got something in it.
MC: Like hot springs?
Obsidius: It's mineral water.
Rakta: Published research data says the water has high ether levels, so...
Obsidius: There must be an underground lake or whatever with lots of ether! Let's go check it out!
Alphecca: Okay. We should ask if that's even possible.
Theoreol: interesting (wanders over from somewhere else)
Obsidius: Hey you. Sorry you can't join in with us.
Theoreol: it's okay, I wasn't planning on going in when it's so crowded now anyway. interesting waters and plant life here
Alphecca: Let's try going tomorrow then! For now, the flower bath oil...
Plot twist!
???: OH GOD HELP
MC: Monsters again!?

Later
Rando A: HELP
Slime type Monsters are slowly coming towards bathhouse workers!

Obsidius: Dammit it's them again! MC!
MC: Right, let's go team! / Theoreol, go hide!
---
(C) Theoreol: that is a Monster? huh. I will stand aside.
---
Theoreol runs off. MC transforms the party!

Obsidius: GOOOO
Obsidius runs in front of the visitors! Then he gets mobbed by the slime Monsters.

Obsidius: UGH
The slime Monsters are melting his suit!

MC: Oh no!
Alphecca: Hurry, we must slay the fiends!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Alphecca: Die, fiend!
Monster: (bonked)
Monster: (melts into ground)
Battle over, hero mode off.

MC: Everyone okay!?
Theoreol: so this is a hero/Monster battle. fascinating. I have questions, but first the healing.
Rakta: Indeed! Obsidius, are you okay?
Obsidius: I do feel something but it's not big deal... wait, Theoreol what did you just paste on me!?

Theoreol: my new medicine! it's safe.
Rakta: stop, for medical ethics reasons...
Theoreol: aww...
Rakta: I know how you feel but there are standards to uphold. But anyways, you seem fine. Tell me if you start feeling otherwise.
Alphecca: Impressive defending of citizenry!
Rando A: Thank you guys! Shocking how Monsters came out of the water pump and attacked us. And they melted the water pump... (points at melted pump)
Obsidius: Damn. But I can probably fix this! MC, change me back again?
MC: Okay! / You good?
---
(B) Obsidius: I'm feeling super! 'sides, can't let them shut the space bathhouse down.
---
Bwoop!

Obsidius: Super jackhammer, go!
Loud noises.

Obsidius: ...oh, this is gonna take a while before I nail it. Okay?

Obsidius eventually fixes the water flow! MC turns off his hero mode.
Obsidius: We good now!
Rando A: Oh thank you!
Alphecca: Good as--well, it's working now!
Rando A: We can deal with it. Thank you again!
Obsidius: Pounding things down and nailing it is my job! It's cool.
It's getting to be night time.

Alphecca: Hmm. What now?
Rakta: How about the main street again? You'll see how Aques got its nickname there.
Alphecca: Okay!
And so the party heads off.
Elsewhere

Slime Monsters: (blubs menacingly)
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment