Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Live A Hero Aqua Vacation Thermae Panic Episode 4 (Abridged)

Title Card: The Victory You Grasp Yourself

Evening falls. Pretty city.
Alphecca: Rakta, I understand now.
MC: omg shiny!
The trees and flowers are glowing!

Alphecca: Amazing!
Obsidius: Yeah, seriously!
Rakta: I know, I thought so too the first time. Only part of the city has actual lights because of it.
Alphecca: Understandable.
Rakta: That's just how valued it is.
The party stares at the sight.

Theoreol: interesting! what makes the plants glow on this planet? must do research... (absorbs nearby flower)
Obsidius: Whoa. Find anything out?
Theoreol: alchemical material analyzing.
MC: Wow. Not what I was expecting.
Theoreol: I was made with this function even though I said I was an accident earlier. hard for others to replicate.
Obsidius: Well that's why we went down the tech tree of development! (taps phone)
Rakta: (gasp!) Computer analysis! Wow, Heroic Educators sure know a lot.
Obsidius: I bet MAHA has more medical data. Anyways, this is a Aques specific plant! High water storage, water has lots of ether that causes it to glow.
Rakta: Ohh. That means the flower can still glow if it's away from the water. Just like those souvenirs!
Rakta points at a stall selling glowing bottles.

Rakta: Glowing herbariums. Very popular gift.
Alphecca: I see! Manager, your recommendation.
Stall Owner: Thank you! How about this one?
Alphecca: I'll take it!
MC: Nice! Maybe I should buy some for everyone in the office. Might be a lot...
Theoreol: one for me as well! for research!
Rakta: C-calm down, I'll get one for you! (runs after Theoreol)
Obsidius: Damn, bro runs fast in those heavy ass clothes.
Alphecca: Indeed! Are you going to get any gifts?
Obsidius: I like rocks more. Maybe a bedrock piece of the aquifers!
Alphecca: How focused of you! (looks serious) May I ask you something?
Obsidius: Depends. What?
Alphecca: Why care so much about ores?
MC: Yeah you made it your day job / Privacy! / I have more questions!
(A) Obsidius: Ha! I've always liked minerals so I kinda just ended up doing this for work.
(B) Obsidius: It's cool! I just always liked minerals and fell into the job.
(C) Obsidius: It's nice having someone so interested in me! Private questions can come later. But my main job? Always liked rocks as a kid, just kept going on to do all this.

Obsidius: I was in an orphanage far back as I can remember so I don't really have a home. Closest thing I got to a link to one is this thing.
Obsidius has two strangely brilliant bracelets.

Theoreol: oh what is that? I've never seen minerals like that before.
Rakta: Me neither.
Obsidius: Oh you guys are back? I dunno actually. Dunno what planet the material came from...dunno if that planet is my birth planet. I know so little about my birth details, so I got into research hoping to nail it down.
Rakta: I see...
Theoreol: fascinating! let me analyze it...
Obsidius: NO
MC: STOP / (grab Theoreol) Rakta, help!
(BC) Rakta: Theoreol, stop! O-oh...so soft and cold. Feels nice...
Theoreol: oh, interested? you can keep touching. meanwhile, analysis time!

Obsidius: >:(
Theoreol: oh, um... sorry?
Obsidius: I mean I get how you feel but I can't just give them to you.
Rakta: I wish I had a home like that. Or like this place.
Alphecca: I thought your home was the moon. Something wrong with it?
Rakta: Oh, no not like that. City development happens fast on the moon, so almost everyone's a migrant from out of town and everything changes. So...I don't think I know what people mean when they talk about a home where things stayed the same.
Rakta tries to remember something.

Rakta: A lot of my patients are migrants too. Lots are homesick, and I feel like I should help but I don't know how to do that...
MC: Shouldn't a counselor be doing that?

Rakta: Well yes, but I feel like I should be there until my patients are well physically AND mentally!
Alphecca: How commendable! In my case, my home is Aradicia. It is half desert wasteland, but it has lots of gold veins that brings in miners. It's how my family line built up the kingdom, very different to how moon cities worked. (smiles)
Alphecca: Now I am pretty sure not everyone who lives in Aradicia is proud of the country, but they live there and aren't changing, so it isn't their home.
Rakta: what?
Alphecca: Aradicia is home to me, where my father and brother once lived and where my retainers and citizens live now. We may all live there, but we all have our own thoughts and feelings. It's how we all get nostalgic! I believe deep down we have an idea we consider home. As king I should make Aradicia as close to that idea as possible!
Rakta: Hmm... thank you Alphecca!
Alphecca: It was nothing, but I am glad it helped!
Obsidius: Home is what your heart thinks of? Then whatever I find in the end must be the best thing ever!
MC: Tell us if you ever find it!

Obsidius: Sure!
Theoreol: hmm... my home planet is gone so I don't completely understand, but I am interested in new planets. I will help you, Obsidius! let me analyze those bracelets!
Obsidius: NO
Theoreol: just the top I promise!
The party laughs.

Obsidius: So Alphecca, what prompted your big speech?
Alphecca: Oh I've been thinking about that king we heard about earlier.
Rakta: The one who built a kingdom in a generation and then abdicated the throne to the people afterwards?
Alphecca: Yes. I was always supposed to be a royal. I am a royal AND a knight now, but I did not have any issue with dedicating myself with carrying on my legacy. But I always wanted to know where I would go in life if I made my own decisions.
Obsidius: Did you ever figure it out?
Alphecca: NOPE
MC: welp

Alpecca: It is still okay! It would be dull if it were easy. Now I have more things I want to do when I go back home!
Obsidius: Ha, you really could be a researcher!
Theoreol: yes, you could!
Rakta: Right. But for now, you should relax.
Alphecca: Of course! On to the next tourist sight!
Theoreol: how about that way? the sign says there's shining water there.
Obsidius: Wanna take a boat then?
Rakta: Or the baths! They heat the water at night! Maybe they'll have different healing properties! (even if I can't feel them myself yet)
MC: Hmm...
And so the party heads on.

Later
Alphecca: So, what now?
??? A: what's that?
??? B: huh?
Rakta: !?
Obsidius: Hey wait, more of those things!
A crowd of slime Monsters appear!
NPCs running and screaming!

Alphecca: Oh no! We must stop this!
MC: I'm activati--OOF
Tourist A: MOVE BITCH
Obsidius: Look out! (catches MC) You okay? Geez.
Rakta: We must calm the people first! MC!
MC: Right!

Theoreol: those things again. I must do research.
The party is transformed!

Tourist A: Heroes?
Citizen B: Heroes! We're saved?
Suddenly a crowd!

Tourist C: HELP
MC: TOO MANY PEOPLE
Alphecca: (frowns and closes eyes)
Alphecca: SILENCE
Tourist X: !?

Alphecca: Lend thine ears, good people! Yes, this is a frightful situation that you wish to escape from. Let us handle it! I am Alphecca Genma XXI, knight and king--no wait, hero here to save your futures!
Citizen A: King?
Citizen B: king?
Citizen C: KING!
Citizen D: The Spear King!
digivice noises!

Phone: New Path detected. Subject: Alphecca. Connectivity: Very High
MC: OMG! Let's go Alphecca!
click
Ta-dah! Variant Alphecca!

Alphecca: What!?
Alphecca is now dressed up like the king of Aques!

Alphecca: Splendid!
Slime Monster: (stares)
Obsidius: Haha! I'll help!
Rakta: Eliminate the Monsters!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Alphecca: Die fiend! (creates and throws water spears)
Slime Monster: (stares)
MC: They just keep coming!
Monsters spawning from water everywhere!

Alphecca: Nothing new!
Obsidius: Yep, job's still the same! Let's smash them!
Rakta: Indeed!
Evacuation and Monster elimination is grinding on.

MC: It's working! But where are they even coming from?
Theoreol: you guys I have to leave and check something, take care over here
Obsidius: What!? Now!?
Rakta: Yes, you should go somewhere sa--
Theoreol: I have thought this through. we need to find where the Monsters are coming from and I would be best to figure that out. don't you agree?
MC: I guess, but alone? / why do all that?
(C) Theoreol: you all interest me

Theoreol: we are friends now and I want to help. there are new feelings inside me and I want to know what that is. Anyways, please buy me time while I go investigate.
Alphecca: Okay!
MC: Makes sense, but I'm still worried about you going off alone...
Alphecca: Worry not, I believe in him!
Obsidius: (stares)
Obsidius: Ha! Well okay then!
Rakta: Agreed. I will handle any injured people!
MC: Okay, we can handle stalling. Theoreol, stay safe!
Theoreol: okay I'll be back with what I can get! (runs off)
Alphecca: ...well now. Time to hold the line!
Obsidius: Hell yeah!
Rakta: I can keep going!
Slime Monster: (blubs menacingly)
The lights in the plants start flickering out!

MC: wait what
Darkness falls...

End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment