Sunday, April 14, 2024

Oedo Christmas Episode 4 Part 1 (Abridged)

Ulaanbaatar (narrating): You guys my real name's Gesir Bogdo and I'm from Xanadu. We once had some tyrant named Atai Ulaan and I had to kick his ass as a little kid back in the day. I'm awesome like that, but it SUCKS I had to work the whole time to solve disasters, reincarnating through other races because Xanadu is into that sorta thing! I had to be so many birds and take so many names, man. Like, literally hit triple digits before I stopped bothering to count. I tried to quit, but they always said tHeRe'S nO oNe ElSe so UGH I did it anyways. And EVENTUALLY I got to stop!
Flashback!

Ulaanbaatar: wait what, am I finally in my no work paradise!?
Ulaanbaatar (narrating): That was when I came to Tokyo and it kinda was paradise. I didn't need to be a lead worker anymore at least. I got a cute kouhai and a spanky teacher too. Then I hid my real name and all the obligations that came with it so I could be a giant loser.
Ulaanbaatar: eyyyy MC baby how ya doin'?
Ulaanbaatar still did work in secret. All he ever really wanted was the ability to choose whether he got off his ass or not and being told so. And he wished that there are stones you can just leave unturned.

Present. Sort of.
Ulaanbaatar: (looks at Edo Fire) aww man, Xanadu flashbacks
Edo Streets
Gorozaemon: 'kay boys, wreck the place up. But no killing, ya hear!
Oni A: Boss they be tryna kill us tho!
Fighting intensifies!

Gorozaemon: Did they just shoot cannonballs at us? In town!?
Guy B: DIE YOUKAI ARSONISTS
Gorozaemon: Damn, this is gonna end badly huh?
Yoshiwara

Hakumen: What's happening here!?
Worker C: Someone started a fire! Are they trying to escape Yoshiwara!?

Party's Location
Gouryou: ...can I say something you guys?
MC: You want to save the Edo people? Stop the fighting?
Ulaanbaatar: Damn I didn't think you'd give a crap.
Gouryou: Not really.
Ulaan: Oh.
MC: You want to help even if it gets you stuck here?
Gouryou: To hell with the future, I just want to make choices while I can, whatever they are.
MC: I wanna be able to make choices too.
Ulaan: Wow I'd never say what you said out loud, dude. I thought you were just like me frfr.
Gouryou: Nah. I never got a choice to save my wife back in the day.
Ulaan: ...oh. I do get you so much.
MC: what? / (watch)
(AB) Gouryou: Nothing. Maybe I'll tell you later.
Ulaan: yeeeaaaah baby

Otter: What do WE do?
Horus: (glances at Otter) ...it would bother me if innocent people died. Would you mind, Uncle?
MC: Nah / You sure, World Rep?
---
(BC) Horus: Uncle, I followed you out of Aaru.
---
Turing: I mean, I could always have missed a possible outcome. Life is still precious even when we have to hedge things.
Ulaanbaatar: Okay I'm in. Don't hold your breath about me doing anything super cool.
Turing: Get your arse in gear dumbo, we're going in deep here.
Ulaan: Oh okay. If people start falling for me it won't be my fault~.
Otter: We gotta stop the youkai! Dunno if they'll listen but still!
Horus: Gut up, you're my aide.

Gouryou: I'll back you up Otter. That cool, Horus?
Horus: Of course. I can go handle the townspeople on my own.
Gouryou: MC, go help out at Yoshiwara since the youkai are after you. Sorry I can't stick around to guard you. Don't go too crazy.
MC: You too / why can't you be like this all the time? / you never change deep down
(A) Gouryou: Aww thanks. It's cool, I was elite once. Turing, take care of MC.
(B) Gouryou: And beat off all the hotties so I can still be with you? Pfffft. Anyways I'll be fine. Turing, take care of MC.
(C) Gouryou: Damn you sure know how to push my buttons... Turing, take care of MC.

Turing: Okay. Watch me turn out to be useless!
Ulaanbaatar: Maybe I should go with Horus after all.
Horus: No need, you deadbeat.
Ulaan: RUDE
Horus: ...go with Uncle and Turing. You can come by after.
Ulaan: I wish I had the whole world looking to keep me safe. But okay!
Otter: (looks concerned) Stay safe you guys!
Ulaan: I promise they're in good hands with me. You owe me~!
Gouryou: Heh. Gotta get done fast then.
Horus: You people need to act more concerned. Except you Otter. You need to be less so. They'll be fine.
MC: Let's go save the city and everyone in it!

Later
Ulaanbaatar flies with MC and Turing in his arms!

MC: OH GOD
Ulaan: Close your eyes, guys!
Turing: Any funny stuff and MC and I will skysurf your body to the ground, okay?
Ulaan: Come oooon what do you take me for? It's all cool, everything's cool!
Turing: Riiiight.
Back at the castle

Horus: ...we should get going. (jumps out window)
Gouryou: Can't we just get out like normal people!?
Otter: It'll be fine!
Gouryou: NO WAIT STOP PUSHING
Otter: Bombs away!
Gouryou: AAAAAA
Gouryou gets shrunken to ant size, and ants can't die to fall damage!

Gouryou: ...why didn't anyone tell me this was the plan earlier!?

Yoshiwara
Chaos! Panic! Screaming!

Ulaanbaatar: Oof, we better get people outta here.
Turing: They can't get out because people are dicks and put ways to keep people from running away in times of chaos.
MC: What do we do?
Shie: Snow White, you're okay!
Turing: Why are you still here!? Run to safety!
Shie: You first.
Turing: ...then help us. Ulaan, you organize okay?
Ulaan: 'kay! Time to make some effort for once!

Ulaanbaatar climbs up a fire watchtower!
Ulaan: Listen up, peeps! Kids and refugees, run to the northeast and southwest as far as you can! Anyone staying to help, destroy any buildings downwind and then go!
Panic subsumes with a leader around!

Gyoubu: I can't believe you ran to Yoshiwara while it's in flames, Milord. Well, the underlings are handling evac and fire extinguishing at the castle. We're here to help.
Tadatomo: Your orders, Lord MC!
MC: Tadatomo, rescue anyone late to leave! Gyoubu, help put out fires!
Gyoubu and Tadatomo: Yes my lord!
And then MC goes to use their sword on the fire.

Rando A: Help, I'm surrounded by fire!
Tadatomo: Oh no, I won't make it!
A burning roof falls on Rando A, but someone jumps in to save them!

Goemon: You okay? Hurry and get out of here!
Rando A: G-Goemon, the kabuki actor! Thank you!
Goemon: Hey MC, we're here to help too!
Oniwaka: Man you just CAN'T stay out of a crisis, can you?
MC: Thanks guys!
Oniwaka: UGH that rokurokubi guy went easy and avoided our vitals
Tadatomo: The disrespect of not referring to Lord MC by title!
Goemon: Who cares about that now!? They're just another friend and actor of ours!
Gyoubu: Kind of busy here, so we'll take anyone now.
Things are getting better!

Shie: Oh no it's all still burning!
MC: God, it SUCKS that we don't have any real fire extinguishing tools!
Turing: ...I'll handle things here.

Edo Sky
Ulaanbaatar: Yeeeaaah this is spreading too fast for me to handle. I wish Gouryou were here to help, but then  he's got even bigger fish frying.
Edo Streets

Gouryou: Damn, I can't imagine how bad the fires must be elsewhere.
Gouryou is using irrigation canal water with his artifact to fight fires!

Otter: We still gotta do what we can!
Gorozaemon and Onis walk up!

Otter: ...keep going. I'll handle them.
Gouryou: Okay.
Gorozaemon: Lemme guess. "Stop the youkai," right? I can't. We're making history here or dying by trying.
Otter: Figured I'd have to stop you with force if I had to. Time to see who goes down first.
Gorozaemon: Gutsy, ain't ya? A squirt like you can't stop the Night Parade, though!

Elsewhere
Guy A: Lord Oni Hayabusa, why are you standing in front of the youkai!?
Guy B: And why aren't you pulling out your sword!?
Horus: Because I'm not here to pass judgement on you. I could win easily, but personal ethics. So, please stand down.
Guy C: GET HIM
Horus fends off the mobs with a jutte but is slowly ground down! He still intimidates them by standing his ground!

Horus: Humans and youkai need to work together or else Edo burns!
Horus's Persuasion roll only slows down the mobs!

Horus: Oh no, I'm not convincing enough...

Later
Ulaanbaatar: uuuugh I just wanted to slack off and fart around in Tokyo. Not like I can let the other World Pillars just see me!
If Ulaan's seen for who he is, it's the endgame.

Turing: So you ARE hiding things for some reason, huh love?
Ulaan: Uh, you here to observe me?
Turing: I want to! But I'm here to help you actually. I of all people know about keeping secrets.
Ulaan: ...okay, firefighting time again!
Elsewhere

Akiha Gongen: Where'd that firefighter boss run off to at a time like this!?
Ulaan flies in!

Ulaan: Right here, Akiha! I know you're busy but I need your help now! (grabs Akiha)
Akiha: WAIT WHAT AAAAAA
Yoshiwara

Akiha: AAA--wait, Yoshiwara? You want to goof off now!?
Ulaan: Nah, it's on fire here too. Do me a favor and put it out fast so we can get back to the rest of Edo? Let's do this thing!
End of Episode part

No comments:

Post a Comment