Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Oedo Christmas Episode 5 Part 1 (Abridged)

Otter: This is gonna be great!
The party stands in front of the Edo crowd wearing Santa suits.

Horus: I can't believe we're bringing food and lights that didn't exist yet to Edo!
Turing: I told Yoshiwara cooks and bakers how to do all that. The lights aren't really electric, they just look the part.
Gouryou: I smell oil. Are they just lanterns?
Ulaanbaatar: Amazing how this isn't triggering a trauma response since we just had a giant fire!
Turing: No I'm pretty certain someone got triggered. But give it time and it'll be okay.
Otter: Everyone in town and the youkai helped with presents!
Horus: I suppose that's good enough for a party.
MC: oh my god whoa

Attention gathers.
Guy A: Inosasaou, the town savior!?
Guy B: He's so cool!
Gouryou: Has my time come~?
MC: selfish prick / >:( / (sign that Gouryou is your man)
---
(B) Gouryou: Aww, don't be like that MC. You being jealous is kinda nice...nowaitI'MSORRYI'MSORRY
(C) Guys A and B: WE'RESOSORRY
Gouryou: No wait come back!
---
Ulaanbaatar: Where's MY new fans with terrible taste?
Turing: How's hiding from the spotlight treating you today, love? Stepping up today?
Ulaan: Like hell I can! Ugh.
Turing: Just be Santa again!
Ulaan: That was the plan. Got a promise with MC, eh~?
Otter: Okay guys, Oedo Christmas time! Title drop!

Otter: Looky here everybody! Party!
Gouryou: Special food! Presents for little kids! What's inside? A surprise!
Guy A: What's going on!?
Guy B: Youkai plot! Strange banquet!
Guy C: On no, they're gonna eat us?
Horus: No. I'm here, it's okay. Promise!
Guy A: Oh my god it's Oni Hayabusa! I didn't recognize you like that!
Guy B: Oh okay, let's have fun!
Horus: Be careful anyways okay?
Otter: Ooh, they like your style.
Horus: Stop standing there and start showing people inside!

News of the party spreads. Special kabuki show!
Goemon: Xmas version of the story of Mushashibou Benkei!
Oniwaka: Present from Santa? I'll just take it!
MC: (parry and force Oniwaka to kneel)
Tadatomo: DO IT AGAIN
Gyoubu: Stop shouting.
The show must go on!

MC: Merry Christmas, have a happy ass kicking!
Oniwaka: You beat me so fast! Take me with you!
Goemon: And so Benkei found the greatest present he could ask for: a master/servant relationship!
Later
Totally Living Children: Presents please!
Turing: Of course. Queue up like proper British folks, children.
MC: Handouts going okay, huh? / Me too! / You're really getting into the Santa bit.
(A) Turing: Indeed. Nice showing up there.
(B) Turing: Sure, have a theoretical bomb. Kidding! There's a real present for you.
(C) Turing: You did good too with the kabuki show.

MC: Wait where's everyone else?
Turing: Horus and Otter are up front showing people in. Haven't seen Ulaanbaatar, but I'm *pretty* sure I know where he went.
Ulaan/Gouryou AR!

Ulaan: There's plenty of food! Eat up!
Gouryou: Dance time!
Turing: I'm having this inkling that they don't know what Santa is.
Ulaan: Hey cutie, what's up?
Gouryou: Christmas is awesome!
Ulaan: You talking about yourself? (ugly laughs)
Gouryou: Oopsies~.

Ulaanbaatar: Oh hey MC! Wanna party together?
Gouryou: Back off, they're MY partner. And boss.
Ulaan: Aww man. Hey MC, who do you like more?
Gouryou: What if you had the both of u--
Horus: So, aren't we having fun over here?
Ulaan: wait why are you here??
Horus: I came to check where you went off to. Let's go Uncle. Turing, you take care of these two.
Turing: Okay. What about you?
Horus: Uncle just performed, so a break would be good. May I have your hand? (takes MC's hand and goes)
Turing: Okay then. Before we go, Gouryou. A question.
Gouryou: W-what? A date? Oof, being popular is hard man.
Turing: You were acting weird during the fire earlier. Care to explain how you're feeling?
Gouryou: ...wait what?

Elsewhere
Horus is moving fast.

MC: Uh, I'm okay Horus. Is the rest area really this way?
Horus: Okay we're far enough. Have a seat.
MC: Are you slacking off now? Bad boy!
Horus: No I'm not! I'm just inviting you to rest here. (pulls out big bento box)
Horus: I ordered this from a teahouse. How about we eat together?
Horus seems excited to spend time together like this. There was always plotting happening back in Aaru.

Horus: There's lettuce too. Not like back home, but close enough.
MC: Oh okay, I'll have some. Are you planning to feed me?

Horus: Did you like it? I want this piece.
MC: Uhhh... / aww, cute!
Horus: (deep breath) Excuse me, could you wait a moment?
Horus suddenly leaves. Then he comes back a chibi.

Horus: I am back. May I...sit on your lap?
MC: WHAT / Cute!
Horus climbs MC's legs and plops down. Also he never makes eye contact.

Horus: ...I always wanted to grow up so I could stand equals with everyone. And I always hoped you'd wander in one day. No one ever knew what you were doing so they said you must be bad. Even when you left, I only thought about getting big. That was true too when I became a World Representative, and I kept training to become stronger since then.
How heavy were his burdens?

Horus: I still remember when things were simple. It was nice to be held in your arms. We might be stuck here so...can we do this again sometimes? Just be uncle and nephew?
MC: Okay whatever? Why not all the time? (headpat)
Horus: S-sometimes is enough! I-I want us to be equal partners, so you can tell me if you want to be alone for a bit.
MC: Okay? (hug)
Horus: Tee hee. Let's stay here a bit longer and go back when we're done eating.

Elsewhere
Turing: I'm not letting you off the hook that easy!
Gouryou: what
Turing: You know something about what's going on here in Edo, don't you? It's weird how you told us what you thought straight out, but it makes sense if you were okay with staying. The Taoshis are best at treating Edo and Tokyo as neighboring areas, right? You can settle anywhere. And you probably have some idea of how to get back? You're close with your guildmaster and know a lot. Are Ulaanbaatar and Horus in on this? No wait, you're the one who's helping them. It's just us in the dark, huh?
Gouryou: ...are you for real?
Ulaan: WHAT
Turing: Kidding! Just thinking out loud.
Gouryou: what
Turing: Sorry, I needed to confirm something just in case. You just wanted MC to not have to make some hard choices, right?
Gouryou: What the hell man. Okay I guess staying isn't so bad.
Turing: The one who decides gets all the hate. Because you know, we get stuck and save people or we go back and let people die. Horus and Otter were waiting for MC to choose. Ulaan and I looked like we'd choose to back out. That gave you one other option, right?
Ulaanbaatar: C'mon don't play me like that guys!
Turing: Okay we better go help Otter. Get to work or I'll tell MC, love~!
Ulaan: NOOOO
End of Episode part

No comments:

Post a Comment