Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Marine Resort Crisis Episode 4 Part 2 (Abridged)

The party has told Andvari they're going to the night pool party. Andvari approves.
Guy A: Welcome. Have a map of the party area.
MC thinks about where to go as they look at the map.

MC: Cool music / Pretty lights / Yummy food / Good enough? [Only available after picking at least one of the other choices]

[Party music section]
Lots of pool chairs by a place with a good view. Red carpet, musician playing and dancer dancing. And also one intense Setagaya school owner/party host.

MC: (clap for the musician) / (cheer for the dancer) / (talk to intense host) / (wander off) [only after picking at least one of the other choices]
(A) Gandharva: Thank you for--ohh, hello again o dependent of a wandering thunder. Did I ever tell you I was a Suidocho student? Meet a punk going by Taishakuten? We're friends. I'm playing music tonight just accompanying the dance, but I'm glad to see you. Especially since you came because of my music and not my musk. Let me play you a song for you to enjoy.
(B) The dancer comes over.
Barong: Welcome! Did my not-my-usual-style dance surprise you? I usually fire dance, but I know others. We have a dance club at school and I do all kinds of dances! Pleasure is different for everyone, and I want people to enjoy themselves. But I have my special dances too. Those are too intense to do in public, but maybe when we're alone. Mwah! Tokyo has its own dance competetion and I'm gonna try to win. Everyone's welcome to join! Gullinbursti's dance was great. Maybe you two can join up, think on it.
(C) Perun: Did you come to offer me trifling baubles? Because--!!--oho, where did YOU come from, fool!? I suppose the special party drinks are wasted on you! They were made from fruits grown by mine own hands! Sit and savor the sheer delicate sweetness! What, you came to offer me something? But of course you did! It is...a new song! A poem, isn't it!? I order you to come to the poetry reading that is happening later. Winner gets a hectare of farmland!

[Pretty lights section]
MC goes to a bar and food area. Fruit mocktails on offer.

MC: (order mocktail) / (ask for waiter) / (pick fruit) / (wander off) [only after picking at least one of the other choices]
(A) Thunderbird: Welcome MC! I figured you'd come. Saw you around today having some meeting in the hotel lounge. I'm part of Suidocho. It's weird teaching now after all that time I spent chasing after someone when I was younger. You working to solve the incident? You remind me of that other person I chased so much. Have a drink! (makes mocktail) Call me if you need help.
(B) Volkh: Hmm, I must practice the Tale of Igor's Campaign for customers! But how do I do it? Maybe I should ask Volos for help, but I can't be late for Lord Perun's--
MC talks to Volkh.
Volkh: Welc--YOU!? MC! I mean yes I am Count Volkh Vseslav, here on Lord Perun's orders...you want to know why I am a waiter? Heh, astute of you to ask. Customer service is part of the information and propaganda war! I am NOT standing by hoping Suidocho students will look to me for help! Now let me take you to your seat and present the finest of Setagaya products!
(C) Volos: Hi MC, been taking your vitamins? I'm here at the party as a Setagaya student. I'm so glad I can see what people think of our fruits up close here! ...have you met our school owner yet? He's...got history with my old friend. He's still raking in money, but I'm surprised he went into farming. And I'm surprised to farm with him. Anyways, pick what you like! And come visit our campus next fall for open campus if you like it.

[Yummy food area]
BBQ! Smells nice. Setagaya students here instead of Suidocho.

MC: (get meat) / (get shrooms and veg) / (watch grill) / (wander off) [only after picking at least one of the other choices]
(A) Yamasachi: MC!? What a coinkydink! Unless you came lookin' for me? Kiddin'! Ya cool? You tend to lug stuff around so I worry about ya. I can help whenever you need me. Today we party, so eat! Here, lemme cut some meat for you. (piles on meat) By the way, Shinjuku has that Zaoh guy or whoever, right? Our own mountaineering club prez has been hollerin' and screamin' about 'im. He's Himavat, got good clothes, good bod, is Mr. Popular, and he been callin' you Zaoh's heir or whatevs. Like, okay? Careful goin' up the mountains! Even if I am rangering to keep things safe, haha!
(B) Gullinbursti: Oh, Master! Welcome! I'm cooking mountain veggies I picked up! I lean mostly into eating greens, so I recommend the mushrooms. Take as many as you want! (starts piling a plate for MC) Oh yeah, sometimes I come across Shinjuku's mountaineering club. You have friends there, right? You know Durga? She apparently has a rival with our own school's mountaineering club, but I heard it happened because our club's captain sent a challenge letter to Shinjuku's club president. I'm not in the club, but I hear they're gearing up for the next competition. Rivals are great!
(C) Asterios: MC...? How are you? I've been hanging up in the mountains but Robinson dragged me over today, so I figured I'd bring charcoal for the BBQ. A classmate burns the lumber I chop up, except they said they hate parties and shut themselves up in their workshop. (cooks and salts shish kabobs) By the way, you know Chernobog? We're friends now. Also the school coal miner Jersey Devil knows him? Careful if you go up the mountains. Why can't they just get along?

Break time! Oh look, some of the party members are by the pool.
MC: (talk to Dagon) / (talk to Arslan) / (talk to Behemoth)
(A) Dagon's lying on a lounge chair, apparently asleep. MC decides to leave but Dagon's tentacle drags them back and onto him.
Dagon: Hello. It's weird having you wake me up since you're supposed to be asle--oh sorry, never mind me MC. Dreaming of old times. Memories of when I was Dagon, the father. Someone just like me, but not. I guess that different is why the sunken city was destroyed. (strokes MC's nape) But that's why I understand Reprobus's feelings as I am now, seeking a master that doesn't exist. His artifact carries his master's burdens, and without a master his role seems unfulfillable. As a teacher I wish I could help, but this incident comes first. Then I'll try talking to him again. This is what they call tempting fate, isn't it? Truth can be stranger than fiction. I look forward to what comes next.
(B) Arslan: Hey cub, wanna talk oil wrestling? Kidding! (laughs, then looks at MC) Something on your mind? Hmm, wanna hear me talk? (invites MC to sit next to him) ...everyone wants to be helpful. Everyone fears being alone. That's where faith and kingdoms come from as people come to gather and bind themselves. Honestly I don't get Reprobus's feelings since I was the one served. But I still carried other people's wishes. Only God can pick up his own responsibilities. Actually maybe not even.
The omnipotence paradox!
[cont.]

Arslan: Reprobus is getting crushed by his own expectations. Would finding a savior for him actually help? No, they're gonna die one day, so Reprobus's dream of a forever job is fit for a god. I started thinking about something when I wandered around Tokyo. How do burdens get passed on? I still don't know. (thinks about his old kingdom) But, I came to an idea as one of Solomon's Inheritors. (pulls out sword) I chose to carry this on, and I haven't thought of asking someone ask to carry it for me. I want people to go on without this burden, and I hope Reprobus does too.
(C) Behemoth: Hey MC! Let's get a mega parfait together!
That is a bucket sized parfait Behemoth has invited MC to share with.

Behemoth: Sharing makes everything great ever since I can finally taste! It's weird how anything's good if it's all yummy. I'm glad I got another of these parfaits!
There's that hanging "but" incoming.

Behemoth: Is it really okay for us to chill when we came to solve the shark incident? I mean, we got tons of good stuff at lunch too. This is the part where things blow up in movies! But if sharks attack, I won't let them eat you because you're my--uh, nothing. I'll tell you after it's all done with! Let's have a party when that happens with the teachers and Reprobus! We should get into a strategy meeting again along with searching for Reprobus's Master!

Hey, where is Reprobus anyway?
MC: (check the party area) / (check the hotel) / eh, we'll see him soon
---
(A) No luck.
(B) No luck.
(C) Let's keep talking to the rest of the party.
---
Some time later, Reprobus is found in the water play area.

Reprobus: Status check on the things, ongoing...
Reprobus is walking along the beach and fiddling with his phone.

MC: Oh there you are / Be safe, eyes up! / Sorry we partied without you
(B) Reprobus: Oh, right. Sorry.
(C) Reprobus: It's cool. Work never ends in water safety.

Reprobus: Something happen?
MC: So serious / Not gonna come to the party? / Go take a break, I can switch with you
---
(A) Reprobus: Yep, always working. But...
(B) Reprobus: Nah, my job is to make it so people can enjoy the party. It's also what I'll do for my Master someday. But...
(C) Reprobus: Thanks for caring, temp master. I'm still okay though, but...
---
Reprobus: Why can't I still find a forever job?
Reprobus has been acting different since lunch today. Maybe even earlier. MC thinks...
Flashback!

Dagon: Maybe you work so you don't have to think about your own problems.

Someone is coming over.
Gullinbursti: There you are Reprobus...and Master! I came looking for you two. Did you not like the party?
Reprobus: I never went. Why'd you come?
Gullinbursti: We are friends and rivals now, even if you're only serving temporarily. Of course I'd worry about you.
MC: Lively rivals are better / Maybe don't compete? / (watch)
(A) Gullinbursti: Yeah! Just like you and Thor!
(B) Gullinbursti: Sometimes having a rival helps you get better. That's what I learned!

Gullinbursti: I challenge you, Reprobus!
Reprobus: !?
MC: WHAT / down, bad boar / are you trying to make a point physically?
Reprobus: Challenge me to what?
Gullinbursti: I'm stupider than you, but I can at least show you what a friend showed me. You and me, one on one!
MC: the meathead method ain't bad I guess / goddamn jock / are you trying to flex on him
Gullinbursti looks so excited.
Reprobus: ...I know some things are easier to learn through doing rather than thinking. Okay, I'll take you on!
MC: same brain / whatever happened to you being smart!? / no fighting
(C) Reprobus nods.

Reprobus: No problem solving with violence. Servant battle!
Gullinbursti: Agreed. Meaning...
Reprobus and Gullinbursti: SERVICE BATTLE, BEST OF THREE
MC: what / yeah, same brain
Reprobus and Gullinbursti: Protecting a master also includes serving from day to day!
MC: uhh? / can I go home / are you two reading from the same script?
Gullinbursti: Ready, Reprobus!?
Reprobus: Ready!
Reprobus and Gullinbursti: AAAAAA (runs off)
MC: Where are you running!? That's the party area! Tell me what the hell is supposed to be happening!
BATTLE(?) START (more happens later)

Reprobus (narrating): This is a memory from some time. Or maybe it's a daydream. I THINK I'm supposed to carry a savior on my back past...something. He was as heavy as the world, and my serving him totally has to be, like, fate or something. I don't know when or if, and it blows my mind. I hope it comes true, but I also say it can't happen because I remember being ordered to smash a city. But...did Kitezh have a city like that? Maybe if a pillar or fixed memory could solve it for me? When I got summoned to Tokyo I tried to be perfect. I figured if I was the best servant, I'd find the master for me.
Reprobus from Eden came from a people known to have Monstrous Strength. And before he came to Tokyo he never really thought for himself as he spent all his time serving under a hierarchy. So what would he be like under all that?
Present

Reprobus and Gullinbursti: AAAAAA
A meathead.

Reprobus and Gullinbursti: LET ME TAKE YOUR DIRTY PLATE
The two keep running back and forth with plates without dropping a single one. People are impressed.

MC: Wow, where'd you learn to do that!? Wait where are you going

Randos think this is some unlisted event activity, which fires Reprobus and Gullinbursti even more. Both run into the hotel's employee area.
Guy A: WHOMST ...oh, you bringing in dirty dishes? Cool thanks.
Guy B: Washing machine's over there. What doesn't fit can go into the sink ov--wait WHAT
Reprobus: Gullinbursti! What do you do if your Master's home has no washing machine!?
Gullinbursti: Wash things by hand just as fast!
Reprobus: Same brain!
Reprobus and Gullinbursti: AAAAAA
Reprobus is feeling good for once, not worrying about things.

Guy A and B: OH NO THE DISHES!
RIP dishware.

MC: I have to stop them! By force I guess. Hello Andvari?
And so Reprobus and Gullinbursti's servant contest ends as MC, kitchen randos, and Andvari stop the thing.

Reprobus and Gullinbursti: ...sorry.
MC: So what're we gonna do about the broken dishes? / You didn't have to wash them / okay, just sit there and think about what you did
---
(A) Reprobus: We didn't break the dishes. They just couldn't handle our strength.
Gullinbursti: !? Wait, he's right!
(BC) Reprobus: I didn't expect trying to not make a strength contest would turn out this way...
Gullibursti: Oh, does that mean we shouldn't have kept it all in the kitchen!?
---
MC: that's a dumb argument / oh no he makes sense / omg stop???
Reprobus and Gullinbursti are kneeling on the beach.

Gullibursti: Sooo, what do we call that?
Reprobus: ...I think I learned competing with someone is a chance to learn new perspectives.
MC: So you know what a rival is now? / reasoning aside, how was it? / how formal

Reprobus thought of things and relationships as a means of finding his master, which is why he answered so rationally. But that's just him choosing to carry on too much since wanting to carry a savior and thinking there are things he just has to carry are different things.
Gullinbursti: I know we just caused problems, but I had fun competing against you! I'd be fine with how our match would've gone either way if it went on. You?
A bit of Reprobus's hidden feelings are let loose.

Reprobus: ...I'm not happy, so I want to challenge you again. I don't know why I felt the way I did, so I want to try again.
MC: Sounds like a nice experience. You had fun. Isn't that nice, Gullinbursti?
Gullinbursti: ...it was a great time!
Reprobus: ...thank you, you two. You gave me something I couldn't have found alone. I promise to help you even after this incident is done with.
Gullinbursti: HE'S MUSCLING IN ON MY TURF! Master, please allow me to keep serving you!
It's getting late. Bed time!
Reprobus: ...no one could stop me before, even among the people I talked to. But MC tried to stop me from going overboard. Hmm, someone who can control power, understand situations, need me--nah, it's probably nothing. I'll just recheck after our temp contract is up.
Narration Zone

Solomon: OH MY GOD THAT TECH BARRIER! ...but didn't that blow up in that movie we saw? Next time on Marine Resort Crisis, Episode 5, "It's--
Suddenly sharkbot!

Solomon: OH NO MASTER HELP MEEEEE
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment