Saturday, November 11, 2023

Marine Resort Crisis Episode 2 Part 1 (Abridged)

Reprobus (narrating): I have Monstrous Strength, which meant I can carry anything and smash anything into little pieces. I used it to serve my father, who taught me about this great king, and that guy freaked me out so then I served a demon. And then I ended up a freelancer shuffling from job to job. THEN my demon master told me to smash everyone and everything I loved, but I found out about some church nobody could ever destroy. It was built for some dude who died for all the world's sins that nobody else could bear. He sounds awesome, so I quit working for a demon to look for this savior. My Monstrous Strength totally had to be meant for carrying him!

Present
It's the next day since last time, and Dagon's new lab thing is in the middle of preopening. Ryouta and Moritaka are outside getting ready to greet people.

Moritaka: Welcome. Too hot.
Ryouta: Maybe you should sit down inside?
Moritak: No! I am not hot or anything! ...but the forecast said today's the hottest day of the year.
Ryouta: Yeah, it really sucks. Shade doesn't help much. Lemme wipe off your sweat!
Moritaka: Oh thank you Ryo--
Totally Not Yoshito (further away): Moritaka Moritaka Moritaka weeeh our lost friendshiiiip
Moritaka: What's that sound? Ryouta, is something wrong?
Ryouta: I sense murder vibes?
The party comes by.

MC: Don't push yourself Moritaka, this heat is killer on furries. / Look, we brought water!
(AB) Reprobus: I brought water.
Ryouta: Thanks Reprobus! We drank what we had already!
(C) Ryouta: Thanks MC! We drank what we had already!

Moritaka: I'm alive again! Thank you, MC, Reprobus, and everyone else! It must be awful walking out in this heat.
Ryouta: Are you guys here because it's time to open up?
Behemoth: Yeah I'm surprised Dagon invited us for that.
Gullinbursti: I'm glad to be with my Master, wherever it is we're going!
Arslan: Well it's nice to go somewhere shady!
Reprobus: I need to learn the layout for work.
MC: Oh so that's why we're all here / Thanks for explaining Reprobus
(C) Reprobus: I'm smart, so you can rely on me more. Hehehe...wait stop staring at me.

Moritaka: Gullinbursti, Reprobus, how can you two not be sweating out here?
Reprobus: I'm used to it.
Gullinbursti: Well I can handle any summer heat!
MC: why so competitive / dying / wow Gullinbursti!
---
(C) Gullinbursti: O-oh, thank you Master.
---
Behemoth: Oh. Wait, why are your backs shining?
Ryouta: Oh my god your sweat evaporated into salt!? Don't just put up with it!
MC: Yeah! Hydrate yourselves! / Muscle salt? I can sell that for big bucks!
(AB) Reprobus and Gullinbursti: NO WE'RE NOT
Behemoth: riiiight
(C) Reprobus and Gullinbursti: !?
Reprobus and Gullinbursti: YOU CAN!?
Ryouta: Sorry, MC can be weird like that sometimes, please understand

Reprobus: Oops
Reprobus pops a goddamn CANTEEN into little pieces!

MC: HOLY CRAP / you okay? / whoa
---
(AC) Reprobus: yeah that happens a lot
(B) Reprobus: I'm okay, thanks. It happens a lot.
---
MC: That sucks
Reprobus: Yeah, but I'm after a forever job so it's not all bad.
MC: what
Ryouta: Hey it's almost time for Dagon's other guests to get here.
Moritaka: Let's keep it up!
The party waits with Ryouta and Moritaka.

Ryouta: ...I think that's them! Hey! (waves)
Moritaka: Welcome! We thank you for coming and--!?
Crowd of dying furries and a happy fairy!

MC: Oh my god get in! / hell / What kind of freak smiles at a time like this
Moritaka: Oh no! Please get inside with the shade!
Reprobus: Wait, I'll carry them in.
Gullinbursti: Me too!
Ryouta: I'll grab water!
Tomte: I wanna help too!
Ryouta: Do you think this is a sauna or something? Is that how you're okay!?
Arslan: ...well then. We should help too, Behemoth.
Behemoth: Yeah! Heat strokes are bad!

Later
The furries are better! Dagon is apologetic.

Dagon: I'm sorry to have kept you waiting in this terrible heat.
Jambavan: It's okay! Leib dumped the invite sent me out in his place to thank you for inviting us!
Goemon: I worked here and I can't believe I went down like that.
Tomte: It's okay! I don't care how stupid you look because it makes taking care of you all the more worth it!
Goemon: WEIRDO
Jambavan: You're rather...unique, even without needing to deal with fur in this heat, Tomte.
Tomte: Sweat is forever!
MC: Damn, Jambavan / Hey Goemon! / It's weird seeing you in summer, Tomte
(A) Jambavan: Oh my goodness MC, listen! We get a real invite from a Toyosu professor and Leib said he didn't want to leave his ACed lab so he made me go instead! Dagon even wrote that the facility would be perfect for furries in the summer!
(B) Goemon: Hey MC, I'm good! Oh wait I need to be more kabuki dramatic. Whatever, I'm here as Nakano Academy's representative! More inspiration!
(C) Tomte: Hi MC, been a while! Need someone to look after you? Ded sent me to represent Santa School.

Behemoth: Jambavan! I haven't seen you since that time I went to Ueno.
Jambavan: Hi Behemoth, how's your artifact?
Behemoth: Awesome! I can taste now!
Ryouta: Oh, you were talking about Jambavan back in class the other day?
Behemoth: Yep! Ueno has these peeps researching, uh, In Clothes Air Eels.
MC: What? Enclosed Areas? Was that Jambavan's specialty?
Jambavan: Yes, Transient Biology in Enclosed Areas. Basically, research on how Transient powers work in the app's enclosed areas.
Behemoth: Yeah he taught me how to control my artifact. Thanks Jambavan! I'd also thank Leib if he were here.
Jambavan: Want to visit our dorms then? We could eat together too!
Behemoth: Hooray!
Reprobus stares as MC greets everyone.

Dagon: Okay everyone, it's time to check out R'hyleh II by the diving area. Ryouta, Moritaka, take care of everyone.
Dagon walks ahead. Ryouta and Moritaka start leading everyone down a sea tunnel with reinforced glass windows.

Gullinbursti: Amazing. I've never been down this deep even in my home world.
Reprobus: Same. Dagon made something like all this?
Dagon: Heh, you haven't seen anything yet.
Mass Effect elevator time! Ninjas are doing a swim show outside!

MC: WHAT / oh right that's a thing / (omgyay!)
Arslan: Wow. So that's how you advertise the diving activities here?
Dagon: Yes, uh...Elias. It was Andvari's idea.
Arslan: Nobody from Aoyama is here, so we can stop pretending. Thanks though. But wow Andvari's business game is on point!
Tadatomo notices MC in the elevator in surprise. Kotaro swims up to the glass to wave at MC.

Gullinbursti: You know them, MC!?
Ryouta: MC knows like everyone.
Reprobus: (stares)
MC: I'm glad to have so many friends / not really / don't you have more friends?

Reprobus: MC, how do you manage to have so many servants and be so unqualified for kingship at the same time?
MC: What? They're friends, not servants.
Reprobus: But they all like and want to talk to y--WAIT is this what friends are???
Behemoth: what
Reprobus: I mean I know what friends are but they always break! I'm from Kitezh where even the emperor breaks! So I want a Master even I can't break, which means they can't be friends.
Dagon: Huh. I didn't know you were like that. You worked together well enough with your classmates.
Reprobus: Because that's what people want from me and I didn't feel like saying no.
Gullinbursti: (Tanngrisnir flashback!)
Gullinbursti: I reject your thinking! Good servants have good frenemies!|
Reprobus: Pffft. Work over friends because I have to carry lives on my back...do you think I'm sad, MC?
MC: Yes / No / So pro
(C) Surprised and happy Reprobus!

Gullinbursti: To Hel with your ideas! There are things even you can't break! Come at me bro!
MC: Stop / Ryouta, you're up / No Gullinbursti!
---
(B) Ryouta: I have opinions but I'll let Behemoth do it. He's good at making friends!
Behemoth: WHAT? I mean...I guess that's true? Especially with animals?
(C) Gullinbursti: But Mast--actually I'll stop I can't put it into words yet.
---
Behemoth: So uh, maybe things are different here in Tokyo, you know? Give it a try, bro!
Big smiles with Ryouta!

Reprobus: ...so you're saying experience is more important than formal learning?
Behemoth: what???
Dagon: How academic of you. But yes, that's what he means.
Reprobus: I'll do it then. I'm a pro, I can multitask if I'm ordered to. I'll stick pick work over friends though. You okay with that, you guys?
MC: Yep / You don't have to be THAT sure
Reprobus: ...I've said what I wanted to say.
Arslan: You have weird ideas.
Dagon: Let's just keep watching.

Later
The elevator arrives to what looks like a whole new world!

Dagon: Okay, I'll take over guiding from here. Ryouta, Moritaka, go check the visitors please.
Ryouta: Okay bye guys!
Moritaka: Enjoy!
Gullinbursti: This looks just like Aegir's palace!
Behemoth: Whoa!
Reprobus: ...wow.
Arslan: What is all this!?
Dagon: Haha, thank you all. Let's head further in.
MC: Pretty! / Where'd the idea come from? / Deja vu...
(A) Dagon: I'm glad you like it because I made R'lyeh II for you.
(B) Dagon: Oh, I just KNEW it already.
(C) Dagon: MC, stop gazing at the abyss.

Dagon plays tour guide.
Dagon: This is R'lyeh II, designed after a memory of a lost city. Tokyo summers are really hot and I understand how Therians feel, so I thought this undersea place would be a good idea. Andvari agreed when I went to talk to him about it.
Behemoth: You just casually built all this!?
Gullinbursti: How wealthy ARE you...?
Reprobus: (stares)
Dagon: Haha, flattery will get you...some fresh bread now that I think about it. I sell them in my gift shop, have some. Go on, explore.
Arslan: Okay! Adventure time!
Behemoth: Shopping! Reprobus, let's get that bread and then--
Reprobus: Friendship thing, got it. But first, I need a moment.

Reprobus throws himself at Dagon!
Reprobus: You must be my Master! Maybe! Your engineering skills! Your deepsea knowledge! Your beach date popularity at school!
Behemoth and Gullinburst: WHAT
MC: Does he even hear himself / Questionable standards / I know that feel
Dagon: !?
Dagon: Hmm, you want to sink into the abyss of knowledge? Well okay, if that's what you really want.
Creator/Deep Sea Ruler Dagon!

Dagon: Reprobus, why do you want a Master so much anyway?
Reprobus: (surprised)
Reprobus: Because that's my role.
Dagon: So you'd take any Master then?
Reprobus: No. I want to serve the best Master in every world.
Dagon: Huh. So it's because that's what you want, and not because you have to?
Reprobus: (stares)
Dagon: Why do you want a forever job anyway?
Reprobus: ...so I can always help Master.
Dagon: A Master you haven't met yet and don't even know if you're of any help yet? A Master whose wants you don't even know either? Is it that work is the only time you don't think about your anxieties? I know how it is.
Emotional damage! Random flashback!

MC: Reprobus? / Dagon, stop! / Criminal taking advantage!
Dagon shrugs.

Dagon: ...okay sorry for getting into your business like that, Reprobus. You're interesting though. Guess we'll see if I'm your Master soon?
Gullinbursti: (frowns)
Gullinbursti is getting uncomfortable flashbacks to his summoning and starting event. And now for a plot twist!

Rando: OH NO SHARK
End of Episode part

No comments:

Post a Comment