Saturday, November 11, 2023

Marine Resort Crisis Episode 2 Part 2 (Abridged)

Masanori: Yoshito, what are you looking at?
Yoshito: An old friend I couldn't bring myself to talk to.
Masanori: Such depressing thoughts in such sunny weather. We're supposed to look like we're having fun.
Yoshito: (code switch!) You are correct, Masanori! Let's go have fun!
Masanori: OH GOD it still freaks me out when you do that! ...anyways let's investigate that new thing here in AndvaResort.
Yoshito: Yes that facility that might threaten us in the future, that thing.
Masanori: What was it made for? Maybe we should destroy it. Kotarou works there, maybe we can hire him to--
Rando: (SCREAMS BLOODY MURDER)
Masanori: WHAT

Canaan 2.0
Rando: SHARK
The party runs over to the voice!

MC: Damn, Reprobus didn't think twice about ditching us. (follows after)
Reprobus: SECURITY! Tell us what happened!
This is Canaan 2.0's rest area.

MC: Where's the shark!?
A rando points a sharkbot outside the walls.

Behemoth: Oh good we're safe, right?
Arslan: Hey you guys, come to check out the screaming too? We should be totally fine! That shark's far away and we're behind perfectly safe glass walls. It's probably nothing.
Gullinbursti: Right, maybe we should lead people outside just in case. Reprobus?
Reprobus: ...I'm staying on alert, just in case.
Dagon: How commendable. (starts handing out emergency evac maps and sends a data copy to Reprobus's phone)

Arslan: I guess that boss shark really is out there making new sharkbot types, huh?
Behemoth: Could it like not and just come at us so we can end this early?
Gullinbursti: ...Master, is that shark coming this way?
MC looks over.

MC: It is! ...doesn't it look different?
Pompadour sharkbot!

Party: wat
MC: Dammit Tvastar
Arslan: ...so this is unnatural, right Professor Sealab?
Dagon: ...I-I can't deny that. If it's natural, I'll have to write a discovery report on it. I'm doubting that, though.
Dagon's been informed of the first shark attack the other day.

Dagon: This is probably another sharkbot.
Behemoth: Looks different tho. Did it change shape?
Gullinbursti: What have the Crafters done!? ...maybe I should ask them to mod me too.
Behemoth starts looking around.
Behemoth: ...hey, are the ninja guys okay?
Kotarou: (poit) Yep!
Behemoth: AAAAAA
Kotarou: Wow sharks are big these days. And I can't believe my men kept going until I said get out!
MC: So pro? / Such leadership they have / Is Tadatomo okay!?
(B) Kotarou: I guess. We all gotta work together to make enough to eat, but now they're all uppity about employee welfare and safety. Watch out for yourselves!
Tadatomo: Kotarou, everyone has retreated.
Kotarou: Thanks!
(C) Tadatomo: Yes Milord! All employees outside have retreated!
Kotarou: Ooh, trying hard in front of MC?
Tadatomo: N-no!? I mean, I'm just not cutting corners at work and...
Kotarou: Yeah sure whatever. Thanks for that!
Tadatomo: how dare you take that tone with me

Kotarou: So we should probably send everyone up while it's still safe, yeah? And before people panic?
Dagon: Do land dwellers fear sharks that much? Well alright then. Reprobus, split the team up and guide the guests out.
Reprobus: Okay. We'll work from the bottom up and--
THUNK
The sharkbot is headbanging on the wall!

Arslan: WHAT
MC: Oh no!
Dagon: It will be okay! Now calmly exit the premises.
Behemoth: Y-yeah! I got a bad feeling about this! It's just like a movie I saw!
Dagon: That's just for plot dramatization. In real life that--
BONK
The wall is starting to crack!

Dagon: What!?
Reprobus: Go! I'll protect Dagon!
Gullinbursti: I'll check for stragglers!
Behemoth: Arslan, let's go help Ryouta and Moritaka lead visitors out!
Arslan: Okay. Time to go, people!
Dagon: >:(
He seems oddly fascinated with watching the place start to flood.

MC: Dagon, let's go! (grab his hand)
And so everyone leads the visitors out with Gullinbursti carrying out anyone who can't walk.

Later, on the surface
Moritaka: All the random nobodies are safe! Now we're waiting on MC, Reprobus, and Dagon!
Ryouta: I hope they're okay!
Behemoth: I'll go swim down to look for them!
Arslan: No, the place is flooded and the sharkbot might have got in. And what if you pass by them? It's time for me to play my King Solomon's Sword card and--WHAT
Sudden water pillar blowing up!

Dagon: HA HA HA HA HA
Party: WHAT
Giant Dagon on a cruiser!

Dagon: Such interesting evolution! You destroyed a part of my R'lyeh II, so come at me now. Okay stop the boat, Reprobus!
Reprobus slows the boat down and runs out on deck with MC.

MC: Okay wow you pulled up close to the ground! / Heeey you guuuys!
Arslan: It's everyone!
Behemoth: Where'd that boat come from!?

Flashback!
Dagon: MC, Reprobus, help me with my work? I have an...experiment to run.
Reprobus: !?!?!?
MC: We should run! / Okay / Experiment on me too!
---
(A) Reprobus: MC is right.
(B) Dagon: Ha, how reliable of you!
Reprobus: Guys we should run!
(C) Dagon: Ooh, I can make some time for that later.
---
Dagon: But yes that shark is probably breaking in. Fighting a shark underwater would be a terrible idea normally, but I am Dagon, baby.
Dagon clears the way with his tentacles!

Dagon: Follow me. Reprobus, you got your Riding skills certified by Ahab, yes?
Reprobus: Y-yes, I've sailed a boat before and have my license. But aren't we underwater?
Dagon: Heh. How little faith you have in me.

Present
Reprobus: Who keeps a hangar underwater!?
Dagon: I didn't see this coming, but such is how technology progresses. Now face me, sea creature!
Dagon shrinks to a more manageable size and jumps back on deck!

Dagon: Reprobus, start the ship again on my signal, will you? MC, ready to shoot some sharks? Yes, I said plural.
MC: They did it again!? / I'm sorry for my little boy / Bonus pay time!
---
(A) Dagon: You can jump into my chest if you're scared.
(B) Dagon: What? Oh right, one of the Crafters calls you Mommy. Can I be your little boy too? ...kidding. Unless...? Well not now anyways.
(C) Dagon: Are you all that desperate for money? I can give you an allowance if you like.
---
Dagon: Here come the invaders! (spreads tentacles over the ship) Behold the true ruler of the sea!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

Dagon (narrating): There's someone I want to meet more than anyone else sealed beneath the sunken city of R'lyeh, so I started studying other worlds when I came to Tokyo. I used the memories of my other self from a lost world to recreate an underwater city with the combined knowledge of otherworlders. But try as I might, the recreation was hollow. But it was still a step forward! But the road to achieving my dream is endless, and the journey continues.
Present
Dagon catches sharkbots with his tentacles and MC beats them with their sword!

MC: Last one!
Surprise! One more! Except Dagon catches that one just as it hits MC.

MC: Nice catch! / Whoa thanks / Wait shouldn't that have hurt?
(A) Dagon: And you did well. Reprobus saved you too.
(B) Dagon: I'm glad you're okay. Remember to thank Reprobus later.
(C) Dagon: Must be Reprobus's power.

Reprobus walks onto the deck having turned on autopilot.
Reprobus: You guys are okay. I mean I knew since I have the power to bring people aboard to safety.
MC: That your artifact? Your power? / It's the Reprobus Shield!
---
(C) Reprobus: It's not a literal shield but okay whatever.
---
Reprobus: So like I just said, my artifact's power is the safe delivery of whatever I carry. Or whoever I see as carrying. Dagon already knows, so he made me driver.
Dagon: ...I suppose that's enough for the quick and dirty version.
Reprobus: But I don't understand why you're happy things are destroyed. Like when the shark broke your wall.
Dagon: Well okay, as a pro teacher I'll tell you.
Reprobus: ???
Dagon: Progress comes from failures, not successes. This is a learning opportunity! I want to go past the knowns where not even a savior can reach. And I might need your power for that one day. Now let's go cage these sharks up.
Reprobus seems shaky as he goes back inside for some reason.

Later
Dagon calls ahead to get the cages ready, then the sharks get thrown in. MC goes over to the flooded entrance to Dagon's sunken city after.

Dagon: Oh, did you still business over here MC?
MC: I came to see you. I was worried about you. / Sucks about the flooding and stuff.
---
(AB) MC noticed Dagon walking off alone earlier while everyone relaxed.
(C) Dagon: Oh, did you like it that much?
---
Dagon: Everything breaks. We just need to remake it, and I'll remake this. Come again then.
MC: Looking forward to it / Maybe when this is all done / A date?
---
(C) Dagon: Sure, we can sink together.
---
Dagon: I guess I'll have to make some calls later. (puts hand around MC's waist) But for now, I'm keeping you to myself. Once this is over, we could...actually hold that thought. Can't go tripping death flags now, haha.
Dagon and MC walk down the beach. Gullinbursti watches.

Gullinbursti: I can't believe Reprobus had such skills and a power like that! I'm falling victim to character overlap! Now how do I fix that...? Hmm...

That night in Kamata
Hephaestus: This is that hammerhead piece Tvastar took off! Did the shark remake it from its records? Oh no, it's evolving! I have to finish the gear for Mommy quick!
Narration Zone

Solomon: God I wish I was Dagon along and together with you, Master! Oh, but the sharks are getting freakier! Next time on Marine Resort Crisis Episode 3 "Training! Flirting! And Refilling!" See you then!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment