Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Marine Resort Crisis Episode 4 Part 1 (Abridged)

Gullinbursti (narrating): S'up dudes, I'm Gullinbursti. I was made to be a body double for my master Freyr, except he gave me his Sword of Victory and died first. So then I came to Tokyo and trained at a farming and ranger school. I have a new Master now, and maybe next time I can help them if I'm faster. But then I saw someone just like me that made me rethink things about myself. Like, where am I trying to go so fast? If I end up the same way as Freyr, I'm not really getting somewhere the fastest because he already went that way. What about my own way...?

Present
Behemoth: MC HELP
The party is back at Andvari's hotel.

Reprobus: Master, why are you running!?
Behemoth: Since when was I your Master!?
Reprobus: It looks just like you have the power to multiply food and give it to people, just like the savior I'm looking for!
Reprobus manages to outrun Behemoth and cut him off!

Reprobus: Everyone likes you! You tanked all those sharks! And you didn't kill them when you hit back! Your humility! You're my forever Master!
Behemoth: BRO WHAT
MC: welp / Stay boy! / We're supposed to be strategizing here

Arslan: Damn, things are getting rough.
Dagon: Behemoth now, huh? He sure thinks highly of him.
MC and Gullinbursti pull Behemoth and Gullinbursti apart.

Behemoth: Uh, thanks bro, but I don't think I'm your Master. Let's just be friends!
Reprobus looks surprised, hesitates, then agrees.

Reprobus: ...okay, no forcing people into things.
Behemoth: I'm no savior. Friends just help each other.
Reprobus: Oh. Okay. Not savior, got it. You taught me what friends mean.
Behemoth: Yay! Let's continue the meeting!
Reprobus sits on a sofa. Behemoth and MC sit on either side.

Tvastar: Hey everybody, I'm Tvastar, with Vritra! I'm a biomechanic with the Crafters.
Hephaestus: I-I'm Kamata's roboticist, Hephaestus. Um, Mommy?
Tvastar: In monster movies, this is the part where the cavalry comes in with a new weapon. Speaking of weapons, aren't escalating mutations and mods great? The possibilities from our collabing!
MC: Start feeling bad, Tvastar! / Stand in the corner, Hephaestus / The instigators have surrendered
(A) Tvastar: Haha, my bad. Life always finds a way!
(B) Hephaestus: B-but Mommy, it wasn't all me!

Tvastar: Exposition time!
Hephaestus: O-okay, so we analyzed the pompadour head and flying shark bots, and those are the same kind of mods the original helpy shark bot had
Tvastar: Which is weird because I took them off after Heph whined at me. Maybe the bot recorded it to memory?
Dagon: So, modding instead of evolution from outside pressure.
Hephaestus: I-I think so too. It just picked the best possibilities it had. Like the head piece after being slammed into a rock and the flying parts after getting caught by tentacles.
Dagon: So, AI learning?
Tvastar: For now, I guess. Maybe it'll evolve again in the sea while we're over here.
MC: Any ideas? / He just casually drops a bomb on us like that / what
---
(C) Hephaestus: O-oh no! I'm sorry for being bad at explaining, Mommy! I'll make it easier!
---
Hephaestus: F-first, we gotta think about preventing damage to the resort.
Tvastar: Check out all the stuff we brought!

Later
Dagon: Can you two hear me? We're testing the thing now.
Dagon's on his boat. Reprobus and Gullinbursti are in the water.

Andvari: Let's do it! It keeps sharks from coming by land or sea, right?
MC: Damn, that's good / what did that manual say / the thing has a stupid name
(B) Arlsan looks over MC's shoulder.
(C) Behemoth: I think the thing has a cool name!

Arslan: Uhh, machine uses electric currents to stimulate the sharkbot's ampullae of Lorenzini analogs and induces avoidant behavior. Uhh??? It makes them go away I think? Got it!
Andvari: I talked with the government to get permission to set up more of the things on land. The other Crafters put them up! Time to test them then. Also we have other plans for sharks so this should be good.
MC: We got equipment to look at too. And bombs or some throwing stuff? / Andvari seems to be in a good mood
---
(C) Andvari: You can tell? I was gonna bitch to the Crafters, but they're paying me back for lost business and setting up the safety stuff, so I can focus on making back all that money!
---
Gullinbursti: I will not be outdone by new items! Dwarf, modify me! ...what do you mean you don't have Item Creation (Smithing) as a skill? What kind of dwarf are you?
Andvari: Racist!
Tvastar: WHO SAID MODIFY? Hey how about I make those pecs and hips twice as big?
MC: Oh no! / No modding! / Hmm...
Behemoth: Oh yeah, the Crafters told us to come to the hotel penthouse once we're done, so let's go when Reprobus and Gullinbursti come back!

Later
Tvastar: Cool, thanks for helping with the test!
Hephaestus: T-this should keep sharks away from the resort. Now look at this.
Hephaestus projects something from his phone. Tablet. Something. It's a map of the resort with a bunch of red dots on it.
MC: Are those all sharks!? And the one original...
Hephaestus: Y-yes, those are all sharks. Now he's a map after we used the shark repellant machines in the sea.
Behemoth: The sharks moved away!
Dagon: It looks like they'll come back.
Arslan: Huh. So you guys made something for that?
Hephaestus signals Talos to bring out a big luggage case.

Party: WHAT

Harnesses for everyone!
MC: Looking cool, guys! / I'm kind of embarrassed by this harness I'm apparently in / So, what's the point?
Hephaestus: This is the Anti-Shark Bot Equipment I made with Tvastar, the Shark Hunter!
Reprobus: A harpoon? And an air tank?
Behemoth: Oh! I saw it in the movies! It's a bomb you throw into shark's mouth.
Hephaestus: This one is filled with robot disassembly frags. The harpoon causes forced shutdown.
Tvastar: It works anywhere, but it works faster if you hit closer to the head.
Hephaestus: The harnesses have shark repellent vibes like the things too.
Gullinbursti: Thanks. Time to go take down the sharks!
Hephaestus: R-right, our radar can pick up on them if you use it.
Arslan: What, should we just go rout them all now or something?
Dagon: We could, but we don't know how many sharks there are. Might be better to go after the boss shark making them all.
Beep beep!

Hephaestus: O-outside, incoming shark!

MC: It's coming straight at us! / is the thing not working? / (ready harpoon)
Hephaestus: I-it's okay. I don't know why that one's fine but--
Shark: REEEEE
The shark gets hit by a thunder beam and falls down!

Tvastar: I put anti-air lasers on the shark repellent machine things!
Hephaestus: N-nothing I made is gonna mess up Mommy's seas!
MC: Cool / omg Hephaestus calm down! / Tvastar you just love laser beams don't you
---
(B) Hephaestus: I-It's okay Mommy. The lasers only shoot sharks and only when they won't fall on people.
(C) Tvastar: Tee hee, not that much...what do you mean that wasn't a compliment? Have a stamina drink!
---
Hephaestus: R-right, you see the sharks won't get close to the resort. Tvastar and I will work on the radar so we can find the boss, so sit back until then.

Later
Barong: Oh? MC! Wow, nice seeing you! You staying here?
MC: You're doing well / what was that greeting again / Working today?
---
(A) Barong: Yep! Last day of training activities for me!
(B) Barong: Om Swastyastu! Here's a kiss!
(C) Barong: Nah, been doing school work for Suidocho. If I were working, I could've taken you to your rooms. Oh well!
---
Barong: But yeah, I'm a Suidocho student! (poses) I've been waitering and serving drinks.
MC: I see.
Barong: I haven't been on stage long enough and my kouhai went off for idol wo--HEY, you look like a jock who want to strut their stuff!
Gullinbursti: Yes, I do like people appreciating my body.
Barong: How about we dance on stage together?
MC: what / where / me too!

Barong: Hey MC, you free tonight? Oh I'm not offering special services this time. We're reopening this hotel's garden pool for a night pool party. Joint event between Suidocho hotel and bartenders and Setagaya's students. Andvari said the sharks will be no problem tonight so why not? And you can still dance if you want! Make all the tips!
MC: Okay! / What about you guys? / Isn't Setagaya...?
(A) Behemoth: A party!? FOOD!
(B) Dagon: Sounds like a good time to relax while nothing's happening.
(C) Arslan: Oh yeah, doesn't Gullinbursti go there?

Gullinbursti: ...OH NO THAT'S RIGHT! I was supposed meet back with my school after doing seaside school activiites with MC! I forgot between the shark attacks and my own thoughts... MC, would you mind if I left for a bit?
MC: Sure / We already split up before / Pick, me or school
---
(AB) Gullinbursti: Thank you! Let's enjoy the party!
(C) Gullinbursti: Oh no how do I pick!?
Arslan: Gullinbursti, this is the part where you say "I must go to prepare to entertain you since you mean the most"!
Gullinbursti: T-that makes sense!
---
Gullinbursti: Come enjoy the Setagaya-Suidocho party, everyone!
Behemoth: how did you manage to forget that?
Gullinbursti: Because I am a stupid pig who ran around thinking about the shark incident problem!
Arslan: Haha, how about we just forget about the shark thing for a night? I came here for the seaside school stuff in the first place.
Dagon: Arslan makes sense. Let's enjoy ourselves tonight.
Behemoth: Yeah!
Reprobus: (frown)
Gullinbursti: ...Reprobus?
End of Episode part

No comments:

Post a Comment