Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Akiba and Dragons Episode 2 Part 1 (Abridged)

The next morning, Taito Ward, Akihabara. The Sand Art Exhibition opens!
Catoblepas (and randos): The anime and VA departments are doing a cafe! And there's a cosplay demo party!
Guy A and B: Out of the way people, modeling department flying dragon coming through!
Girl C and Wolf D: Kuniyoshi-sensei's new fur book now on sale to huge reviews!
Akiha Gongen: Hey! All this cardboard is in the way! Fire hazard!
Randos E and F: Please, five more minutes!
It's a little after 10 am. The main event starts at noon. There's lots of noise.

Main event area
Turing: (sips tea and watches chaos femboyishly)
Turing: Creation is the act of making something that doesn't exist in the world yet. There is no goal as creators suffer forever. Passion? Impatience? Composure? Resignation? So many contradictions. Which brings us creative power! Cheers to our suffering! Cheers to the proof of our knowledge! Apple tea is amazing. (drinks his tea black)
Tindalos: This is gonna sound weird coming from me but MAN you seem to be used to acting the bad guy!
Turing: I don't know what you're talking about. I always plan on encouraging our school friends.
Vapula: EVIL VA-PRETTY BOY VILLAIN ALERT!
Turing: Ruuude. Anyways, how are things? It's less than two hours before opening, right?
Enigma: 114 minutes 47.5 seconds and counting. Preparations are already complete. Observe.

Turing looks at a Tindalos sand golem.
Vapula: Va-praise me and all my golem techniques I used to make this work of art!
Turing: Amazing. How long did you take to make the recreation so well?
Vapula: Thirty minutes.
Tindalos: That's IT!? Beef it up! Get some more meat on it, make it ALL bigger!
Vapula: Nah.
Enigma: No, this is correct.
Turing: This is right.
Tindalos: BOOOOO

Turing: You had no hesitation or worries of production costs, and you knew what to do from the beginning. The work of a genius indeed.
Tindalos: Yeah yeah I get it.
Enigma: Excuse me for interrupting the barking dog's blathering. Master Turing, all planned processes completed. Summoning Pseudo pattern, signal check OK. App-based reception test confirmed.
Turing: Okay, thanks for your work Enigma. Okay Vapula, will you take this?
Vapula: what
Turing gives Vapula a microchip no bigger than a pinky finger nail.

Turing: That's an AI microchip I made to be a core of my current project. I put one in your model earlier. The greatest results of my research in creating intelligence in fiction is here! The chip is a brain equivalent, and we will monitor the feedback from the fake nerves.
Vapula: So I'll give this golem a temporary life
Turing: And I'll give it temporary orders with the chip
Tindalos: You exaggerating? Well I guess I'll check it out.

Vapula: ...will the chip keep the golem from vap-eering out of control?
Tindalos: What kind of lame ass are you!? Make the thing blow up into fireworks!
Vapula: WHAT
Tindalos: Let's get the test run started! I WANT it to go crazy!
Enigma: Unfortunately for you, I am controlling the AI so it will not happen.
Tindalos: Oh. Huh. Killjoy, just like always.
Enigma: How much space is empty in that head of yours?
Turing: (smiles at Tindalos and Enigma fighting)

Turing: Ahh, the antimony my research needs. It reminds me of something old AI creators used to talk about.
At the dawn of the creation of AIs, many creators tried to make things a reality, and many failed. All attempts at creating an independent intelligence failed, but what showed success was creation of an intelligence that did so through involvement with others. Input-output patterns put together somehow made AIs more human.
Turing: Yes, the possible AI I strive to create cannot be made from deciding order priorities because there is no conflict. That's why I ordered Enigma to act as my friend right now. I bet the collab work exhibition is really going to help my research. Anyways, Tindalos! You know about the other goal that's been set up for your body when it was made, right?
Tindalos: ! Y-yeah, dude!
Tindalos is blushing for some reason.

Tindalos: N-now it's time for me to hog the live broadcast! The modeler Vapula! The AI director Turing! Zoidberg! The embargo's finally up and now I can reveal the confidential project! My summer reveal is coming soon, so don't touch that dial folks!

Flashback to earlier in Akihabara
Babe Bunyan: Hey, MC! Over here! It was hell to find you because there was too many people!
Zhurong: We were almost trampled! Oh but people did notice and give way.
Babe: Whew, I didn't need to pull out my guns to get through all that. Man I wish I could be as big as Daddy so I can be the huge foreigner the Japanese people use as a landmark!
MC: Finally found you guys! Man the crowd was huge. Hi.
Babe and Zhurong: Morning!
MC: Ah, nice and loud.
Babe: Well yeah! That's how frontier mornings start, baby!
Zhurong: Are you sure it's okay to go with us? Didn't you promise to meet someone else?
MC: I was invited by the Akihabara students and the plot budget left the gang out, so I'm glad you guys asked me along.
Zhurong: Oh okay. Yay! Thanks again for coming so early! There's a shop I wanted to check out before the school event.
Babe: I can't help it if you're asking, but an adult would be bigger, you know?
Zhurong: I wanna cover a lot! I wanna put things about the city, the school, and the event into the newspaper! And you were so excited about MC coming that you were wagging your tail.
Babe: HOLY SHIT NOW I SOUND LIKE A KID! Don't tell them!
MC: I can hear you guys / Oh look I'm suddenly deaf / Nice hat, Babe
(AB) Babe: oops, can you use some of that adult discretion? Uh, Zhurong! Change the subject!
(C) Babe: Nice change of subject! It's a nice hat, huh? I like the usual cowboy hat, but this is for summer! I got one for you too even though you'll never be seen wearing it! I'm sure it'll look good.

Zhurong: Okay, let's go! There's a store Xolotl told me about.
Babe Bunyan: We should hurry or else we'll be late to the main event. We have important things to do! Yeehaw, you ready MC? I'll lead!
Zhurong: Yeah, we'll show you around! We already did a preliminary search the day before.
MC: Wait, what? By yourselves?
Babe: Investigating unknown frontiers baby! Figured there'd be anime and manga we haven't seen before here, but all we found were weird machines. Some experiment or something, I dunno.
Zhurong: And then Mr. Boogeyman got mad and told us we can't go alone because we're kids...
MC: Oh, so that's why you asked me / Ready to chaperone! / Huh, I wonder if we were in the same place earlier.
Babe: Go go go!

Zhurong leads the party to a high class soft serve ice cream store that gets milk straight from the farm or wherever they get it from.
Babe Bunyan: Awesome!
Zhurong: Right? I thought you'd like it since you like milk so much! MC, let's have some too! We saved money up just for today.
Babe: We'll treat you as a thank you for going with us today.
MC: Cool, thanks! / Let me pay for you guys.
(A) Zhurong: Okay! Food's better when you eat together. We'll get separate items since I got a new lens.
(B) Babe: Wow, you're so grown up! Thanks!

The group pores over the menu.
Babe Bunyan: Okay I'm gonna stick with soft serve.
Zhurong: Me too then. I should also check their signboard.
???: Me too, dudes. Influencer's no mercy review incoming!
Babe: Okay. Four orders of soft serve ice cream please! ...wait what
MC: No way, this voice! / Something's coming! / Wait how can he be here!?
Tindalos: BOOYAH!
Babe and Zhurong: OMG WHAT
Tindalos: Wow this ice cream is great, no wonder it's popular. But it's a regular thing for the season, so it's too early to say it's got an edge over things! Four stars out of whatever metric I'm using! Definitely check it out if you're in Akihabara! Send in your questions now, people!

Tindalos wraps his tongue around his ice cream and angles his head 45 degrees as he looks into the camera.
Tindalos: YOU GUYS, BEING OUTSIDE IS AWESOME! Summer classics, blazing sunlight! The physical presence of my followers! The Akihabara I dreamed of is applauding me!
The group is taken aback. Zhurong finds his voice first.
Zhurong: I don't know who you are, but that's our ice cream!
Tindalos: Oops, the Youtuber in me took over. I'll pay, you guys. Here's a tip!
MC: ...Tindalos, right? How are you in the real world!? / Those sunglasses look awesome!
(AB) Tindalos: That's me! The secret project to let me manifest out here was a success!
(C) Tindalos: Whoa, sharp of you to notice, MC. So you gotta be on top of the trends. I'm a super Youtuber so sunglasses are a must! These are now on sale for a limited time!

Zhurong: Oh...so he's your friend, MC?
Babe Bunyan: ...I'm not your mom or whatever, but maybe you should get better friends.
Tindalos: Wow you brats have no filter. Nice!
Babe: Rude! I'm not a brat, the name's Babe Bunyan dammit!
Zhurong: Hi, I'm Zhurong! Can I take a picture?
Babe and Tindalos: Cheese!
Babe: WAIT WHAT WHY'D YOU MAKE ME DO THAT
Tindalos: Aww, that's cute how you join in on things like that. I bet you're gonna be a big boy one of these days.
Babe: F0ck YOU man! I'mma gonna be as big as Daddy one day!
Tindalos: who
Babe: He's a lumberjack back home! Big as the mountains, makes rivers with his tears and lakes with his ass! And he made the Grand Canyon by pulling on the Rockies!
Tindalos: Kid are you sure he's not an Entity of the Outer Realm or something
Babe: STOP CALLING ME THAT BITCH
Zhurong: Nooo bully! (Lovecraft Flash!)
Tindalos: Wait what!? Whoa is he an Entity of the Outer Realm too? Cool!
MC: Okay stop, Tindalos / Don't mind him, Babe / Thanks Zhurong
(C) Zhurong: Ehehe

Tindalos: ...okay maybe I went to far in saying what I thought. Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. Your dad sounds cool.
Babe Bunyan: ...sorry for losing my shit. Make up handshake!
Hand shake!
Tindalos: I'm a night streamer from the Deep Web, your Youtuber Tindalos! Like and subscribe!
Zhurong: who
Babe: what
Tindalos: WHAT I'm a midnight trendsetting Youtuber! How could you kids who probably wouldn't be up that late not know me!?
Babe: We go to bed by 9 pm?
Tindalos: NOOO
MC: Why ARE you here?

Tindalos: Oh right I forgot about that! The most important part of my plan! MC, will you...
Tindalos suddenly gets nerves and blushes!
Tindalos: Uh, I-I thought you'd understand for some reason but w-will you--
Tindalos holds out his hand.
MC: (take his hand) / (let him take your hand, confused)
Tindalos's phone rings! He picks up without looking at who's calling.

Vapula: WHERE FOR THE LOVE OF NOT GUN-VA-PLA MODELS ARE YOU!? Do you not know what time it is!?
MC: Wait what
Five minutes before the event opens!

End of Episode half

No comments:

Post a Comment