Friday, September 16, 2022

Akiba and Dragons Episode 1 Part 2 (Abridged)

Kuniyoshi: WHAT
Vapula: ALL THIS!?
Turing: Yup. This Metaverse is a collaboration between my mathematical genius and cooperating creators! No copywrite infringement here!
MC: ...so what's different between this and Hephaestus's VR?
Kuniyoshi: Actually yeah, what is the Metaverse? Did you really make a whole new world?
Vapula: You can make a new vapulantastic point of view like that!? Make one for me too then! My room's getting crammed with boxes of figures and vaplastic models lately!
Turing: If only! It's just a fantasy with some tricks to it. I know everything about this Metaverse.
Turing: (frown)
MC: (wait what)

Turing: Whoops! Back to my explanation. So there's a train of thought that says everything you experience with your five senses are imaginary, so the lights and sounds you pick up are interpreted by your brain as an imagined reality. I'm building on that idea to overlap the Metaverse with an imitation reality. There's a special scanning grid laid out in here that recreates an ocean in response to your actions. It's real time adjusted to feel real to you, so think of it as a mix of virtual reality and augmented reality.
MC: Wouldn't that cost a ton? / So this is all fake? / How'd you do all that?
(A) Turing: Oh, I have sponsors and school grants covering that. The Metaverse is next gen tech, so of course influential people would be interested.
(B) Turing: Well not everything. There actually is sand on the floor for example. It's also mixed with foam styrene. Once I add in the needed electrical signals, then it works. There might be too much of a load on the operating machinery for the changes in sand due to individual weight though.
(C) Turing: I'm borrowing a whole nearby smart building. I'm also borrowing some computation power from home computers that agreed to network with me.

Turing: That's why I said it's an illusion with tricks to it. No gaps for magic or witchcraft here! Admittedly this all started with me thinking if there was any place I could do some experiments I need for my research. I needed a place, the materials, vetted staff, then put down the groundwork for my teachers and the influential. And that's how it all came together this event. Did you get all that?
Turing smiles like the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Enigma: Excuse the interruption. I have finished my assigned tasks and have come to report about it. Full scan of the Metaverse complete. System is stable within expected values.
Turing: Continue monitoring. Stress testing will come after.
Enigma: Order processed.
MC: Who? / I'm MC / Cute

Enigma: Welcome, MC and everyone else. I am Enigma.
Kuniyoshi: YESSS I was welcomed! I'm into mecha furries too, you know!
Enigma: ...I am an information life form. After being taken apart, I now serve--(holds hand out to Turing)
Turing: So Enigma is a friend and helper of mine that I've asked to manage the Metaverse.
Enigma: ...yes, pleased to meet you. Give me your orders if you need anything.
Kuniyoshi: Oh wow I never thought I'd see you two standing next to each other...
MC: But they're right there now. Enigma DOES feel kinda insubstantial though.
Turing: Enigma's registered with Akihabara Academy's network. He can't appear in reality. There's other Transients who don't have physical bodies in Tokyo you know. But here we can be in the same space.
Kuniyoshi: Hmm...oh my god! Could you two stand over there please?
Turing: Okay. Right here?
Kuniyoshi: Yes! Enigma, please don't move!

Kuniyoshi: YESSS I have a project theme now!
Vapula: Aw beans, Kuniyoshi is in drawing mode now! Now how's he gonna helpla with my artist block?
Akiha Gongen: Oh yeah! I didn't forget!
Vapula: ...have you been vaplastered in space this entire time? Did Turing's explanation go over your head?
Akiha: I didn't get what anyone was saying.
Vapula: Fiiiine, let's get something to eat now and talk vapulater.
MC, Akiha, and Vapula head off to get some food and enjoy the really realistic view.

Vapula: Oh yeah, Benten said my vaplastic model needed more feels. Does that mean anything to you, MC?
MC: Not really / Passion? / (pass the question to Akiha)
(A) Vapula: Yeah that's too vapul-auge a word for me. I hear it all the time on social media, and while it sounds easy to get, I don't get it at all.
(B) Vapula: Well there's vaplenty of that since it's not like I'm doing this to occupy my hands! Vaplastic models can be so cool and cute! But then again, anyone making their own things ought to have that passion, so where do I go from there?

Akiha Gongen: Aren't you always having fun when you make things, Vapula? Isn't that good for otakus?
Vapula: ...I've honestly never worried about anything before when I was making my vaplastic models. I can make anything I want, and I strive to make my craftsmanship as great as I can! Watch this!
Vapula touches the ground and magically puts together an anime sand sculpture.

Vapula: And I can make it move...like this!
The anime statue moves like it's alive.

Guy A: OMG that's so cool!
Girl B: Is there an event today!?
Vapula: And now for my next vaplay, the rival character for him to fight!
A crowd forms cheering to see more. Vapula obliges and smiles.

Vapula: Yep, I can put on short little vaplays like this if I wanted to!
Akiha: You're a genius!
MC: Is this your Golem Maker ability too? / You like that anime? / You've got an amazing Discerning Eye
(A) Vapula: Yup, just a vapplication of my golem use abilities! Temporary life to the lifeless, originally meant to show the truth of the world. But in Tokyo the practical side was favored more than the philosophical side.
(B) Vapula: Well, it was good? I don't think much about whether I like it. I reference actual moving people and characters to make golems move like they're alive too. That's where you'll find the truth vaplaced. It's not my style to make it just move around.
(C) Vapula: And that's the important thing for you to point out. You got good talents at the arts too. Did a teacher tell you an eye for art also translates into an eye for combat? Whoa, he must be a vap-ery sensible guy! ...he's an old dude who va-puts his hands on everyone?

Girl A: Wow, Vapula. Can I borrow your golems?
Vapula: Sure. Are you using them for your va-project theme?
Girl A: Prepping for a play. I'll credit you as a co-creator.
Vapula: Thanks! Looking forward to the va-play!
A bunch of students start gathering together around the golem to make a movie.

Akiha Gongen: It's amazing how passionate otakus always are. It's been five minutes and already they're making a movie!
Vapula: Everyone's the type to create stuff, so this is what every day life in Akihabara is like. I'd like to get to making things again vaplease!

Girl A: Vapula, would you mind making something extra for us?
Vapula: Sure. You want a cute bunny?
Girl A: We want something that'll look cool for the movie.
Vapula: A big monster to go with these characters then. I va-probably shouldn't make one that came from their home series or else it won't be original. Oh! MC, you make something!
MC: It might suck but I guess I can give it a go.
Vapula: I'll fix up whatever you make, so go ahead, go crazy if you va-please!
Akiha Gongen: Wow, I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll make!
MC: Sooo something cool to look at. Well in that case...!
MC decides to make a Sand Dragon.

Vapula: Ooh, very va-pleasing to the eye. It's kinda small as is, so I'll size it up with more sand and...there we go!
Vapula sticks something into the sand dragon sculpture, then starts casting his power on it.

Vapula: By the power of the rat, I bid thee listen! Noble Phantasm, Emeth Tag!
The sand dragon starts moving and roars!
Girl A: Wow...umm, is this going to be okay?
Vapula: It's cool. I'm a genius golem maker!
The sand dragon starts stamping around and growling at everything!

Vapula: OH NO! This is even worse than with the va-plastic mermaid model! MC, I know I asked you to make something cool but what idea did you have when made the dragon!?
MC: Strong! / Wild! / Invincible!
Vapula: OH NO
The dragon swings its tail!

Akiha Gongen: We have to stop it before it hurts anyone!
Vapula: O-okay! MC, you help too!
BATTLE START (more happens after)

The party defeats the dragon!
Vapula: Aww man. What va-pu-gary messed with my golem making technique? I should take care of it now since it's dangerous.
MC: Are you going to destroy it? Aww, but it should be fine if it doesn't go crazy.
Vapula: Golems aren't really alive. It's just a va-program, and you originally envisioned it to be wild and powerful. It'll just do it again if we leave it alone.
Sand Dragon: (sad whine)
Akiha Gongen: Aww...hey, can't we watch it for a little bit longer?
Vapula: That's just its mimicked self va-preservation instinct making it give you the puppy eyes.
The sand dragon acts just like a living thing as it begs for life, clinging to MC's legs.

MC: Pleeease? I promise to take care of it!

Vapula: ...fiiiine. I just need to re-va-program its orders, so step away for a second.
Vapula: Thou art mine and MC's creation of sand. Thou shalt live as MC's guardian!
Sand Dragon: Bark bark!
The sand dragon nods and wraps itself around MC's legs again like a big pet.

Vapula: It can't stay alive for too long though. The longer a golem is active, the more likely a va-programming error will occur. There's this one alchemist who got buried by the golem he made, you know? ...oh right, something else I need to tell you. Naming it is va-prohibited! There's a taboo about giving temporary beings true things. Which means no names, no changing its vessel, no names, and no teaching it anything. Also if you get any more emotionally invested in it, it'll hurt more. Va-promise me you'll let it turn back to sand when you're done, okay MC?
MC: Yay! I will, thanks Vapula!
The sand dragon ignores Vapula's dire warnings to coil around MC.

Tindalos: Wow, I heard a lot of noise and now I found something huge!

A projection of Tindalos is in the corner staring at MC!
Tindalos: Okay, time for our sudden unplanned interview blitz!
Turing: :)
Turing stares significantly at the Not Really a Dog Transient.

Turing: Did you analyze the system burden from that fight earlier?
Enigma: Yes Master. All firewalls placed in each level are functioning as normal. There was an instance of the system working at 132% capacity, but it went back to normal levels 0.2 seconds later.
Turing: Which means we can handle an average person's revolts and power activation?
Enigma: Yes Master. Also we've received a complaint...I mean contact from the previously selected experiment sample attendant.
Turing: Oh, him? Okay, put him through.

Babe Bunyan: Hey! HEY! What the f0ck just happened!? I know I agreed to accept your thanks, but it's BULLSH!T I gotta keep Zhurong waiting!
Turing: Oh, beg pardon Mx. Bunyan. Unexpected accident, data reporting, you know how it is.
Babe: What? Did you have a f0cking wall breach and let all your animals out? Okay fine, I'll forgive you because that's what grown-ups do.
Turing: Excuse me, I need to call you again later. You're the best for the Metaverse. Would you mind waiting at the drink bar and having some milk? I'll pay.
Babe: Fine, I will. Later. Hey Zhurong! (click)
Turing: Okay, I now have a new thing to observe. Will you come along?
Enigma: Yes Master.
Turing: Stop calling me that since you're supposed to be my friend right now. This is another experiment, so can you do that?
Enigma: Very w--I understand Turing. I will define myself as your friend until the experiment is over.

*Later*
Vapula: So what now? We didn't get anywhere! Somebody help me, I'm not getting any vabrilliant ideas!
Tindalos: Hey you sad sacks! Come here for a sec!
Vapula: Tindalos or whatsit? Wow I almost never not see you through vabehind a screen.
Enigma: I see you have acclimated to this environment. How do you feel, Tindalos?
Tindalos: S'up dudes! I'm great, ehehehehehe!
Vapula: So you here to va-provide advice or something?
Tindalos: You left a gap open, so now I came to slide in! The Tindalos Channel presents our summer vacation special, the Tindalos Bros Project! And I'm here to invite you to our live broadcast!
End of Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment