Sunday, June 5, 2022

Live A Hero Melodic Meteorite Christmas Episode 8 (Abridged)

Borealis: Time for the grand finale! Playing my ultimate sonata!
Borealis spreads his arms wide and raises his baton. The concert's climax goes dramatic and VP surges in like crazy.

Mokdai: Thanks, Borealis! My turn! Help me people!
Mokdai smiles for the camera, then gets into his sleigh where all the amassed energy in it gets dumped onto Narihito.
MC: Alright, take it down in one shot! The enemy is weakened!
MC fiddles with their phone as they look towards Narihito. Narihito nods, then thrusts out his right arm.

Narihito: Borealis, Mighty Knuckle! Thanks you two! MC, help me out! Firing super move, Recollection "Memorial Heroes"!
Narihito turns his arm into an arm cannon and fires a charge shot at the giant Monster's core.

The Monster lashes back in one last ditch unavoidable attack at Narihito's cannon arm. The attack is parried, hitting the area with a shockwave and heat.
Borealis: Gh! I won't let you stop my music!
Mokdai: W-whoa...! Narihito, you can do it!
Narihito: Everyone cheering me on is here! I can't...fall here! MAXIMUM OUTPUT!
Narihito fires a beam that pierces through the Monster's core, looking like a shooting star.

MC: You did it! Enemy core destroyed!
Monster: L-l-lovely... (stiffens up and poofs into bits of light)
Narihito: YES! The big one is done for!
Mokdai: (huffing) G-good...only Megas is left...!
Borealis: MC, how's the VP situation!?
Micros are still falling in, and the party has no time to breathe before squaring off against the mobs.

MC: U-uhh, lemme see...
MC is getting tired too, mentally and physically. Their heat resistance robe is falling apart and sticking to them too, just like the heroes'.
MC: Yeah this is kinda rough! / I can still do this...! / Everyone else is hanging in there...!
(A) Mokdai: Just a little more, MC! I'm here too, we can do it!
(B) MC still has hope, and they make a solid click with their shaking finger.

MC sends a firing signal to the R&D team.
Hisaki: Signal received, thanks! Sis, energy converter filled!
Crowne: Copy! Firing up the Pseudo Parallel Weapon!
MC: Guys, the second shot is charging! Don't get blown away by the blast!
Mokdai: Thanks! You be careful too!
Narihito: Understood! The Micros over here have been eliminated!
Borealis: Time for the finishing touches! MC, let me hear your sound!
MC: FIRE ROUND TWO!

Everything gets flooded with a flash of white as the light of hope of people fighting for happiness fires forth. The shot strikes directly into Megas's core and destroys it from within with overwhelming force.
Narihito: ...YES! WE'RE SAVED NO--
The burning shooting star is falling towards the stage.

MC: YOU GUYS
Megas is falling to Earth faster than it is disappearing, and MC yells heedless of how the effort of doing so after all this fighting is making their throat bleed.
MC: FIRE OFF THE REST OF THE VP! NOW!
Party: !!
The rest of the party readies their weapons. There is no time to think, but everyone heard the same sound: MC's sound. It was a melody their hearts knew was worth believing in. And everyone pulls all their strength together to fire off their attacks into the sky.

The clash of lights block off all else in the party's vision, and a powerful shockwave hits the stage. The party's attacks became a force that pushed back Megas, with sparks of light grinding off in the clash before Megas disappears completely into light before crashing into the ground. And then, Borealis's drones play one last music like it was all choreographed like so.
MC: ...w-we win.
MC flops faceup onto the ground, but the rest of the party quickly runs over to pick them up.

Mokdai: MC, are you okay!? Hang onto me! ...we did it, we really did it...! We saved the city and Christmas! Thanks MC! Sniff...
Mokdai turns away and hides his face in his robe. Borealis briefly side-eyes him.

Borealis: ...excellent judgment, MC. I heard your sound. The stream has ended, but I still hear the ovations of everyone celebrating the planet's salvation. We really have saved it from the meteor...hm?

Borealis looks up to see countless shooting stars streaming through the night sky. The used up cannon darkens, leaving only the Christmas lights to shine on the party.
MC: How beautiful... / So many shooting stars!
Borealis: ...are these the falling fragments of Megas? ...it's different from that day. Ahh, yes... This is a lovely starry sky...
Borealis looks up and enjoys the view.

Narihito: ...it really is pretty.
The pale lights gently illuminate Narihito's profile as he looks up.

Narihito: ...MC, did I become a super hero that could thwart any threat?
MC: You're the hero who saved the city! / You're always my superhero
(A) Narihito: Thank you. I'll remember what you said whenever my cowardly self starts peeking out.
(B) Narihito: ...uhh, heh, thanks. I'm gonna try even harder.

Narihito takes a deep breath of the chilly air, and Mokdai wipes his eyes before holding his hand out to MC.
Mokdai: Whew, sorry about that. That was a little embarrassing, but...thanks.
Mokdai is holding a box of pale light from his Parallel Weapon.

Mokdai: ...y'know, I like Christmas the most out of the year. It's an exciting, heartwarming day. We just used up our VP back there so this is all I can do, but...Merry Christmas!
Mokdai hands the present over, which gently melts like snow in MC's hand.

MC: ...thanks everyone. Good work, and Merry Christmas!
A bell rings in the distance signaling midnight, and the song that saved the city echoes out into the beyond.

Title card: Melodic Merry Christmas

The next morning
Borealis: ...
Borealis is standing around in front of the stage from yesterday, arms folded, eyes closed, earplugs out.

Borealis: ...how quiet. What a comforting rhythm. The sounds of birds and the wind...I protected this planet.
Borealis turns around and heads for his spaceship. Just before he gets in, he stops and gives a small smile.
Borealis: ...but the sounds you all make never settle down, do they?
MC: Borealis, wait!
Borealis: MC, why all the noise? I thought I told you you don't need to see me off.
Narihito and Mokdai also run up.
Mokdai: Borealis...are you continuing with your villain work?
Narihito: Yeah, you'll still be treated as a criminal if you don't register with an agency. But after saving Earth, maybe they'll give you amnesty or lower your sentence.
Mokdai: Yeah, and then you can do your thing out in the open.

Borealis shakes his head.
Borealis: ...I suppose I can tell you. (turns around to face the party properly)
Borealis: I've told MC already, by my birth planet has been destroyed. I suppose you know that already though... I was also at fault for not being strong enough to save my friends and family's homes. I'm sure everyone is still alive somewhere, scattered though we may be. And I will use every means I have of finding them until I see them again.
Borealis: I will spread my name throughout the universe, and if any of them see me...it doesn't matter if my title is hero or villain. Joining an agency will only saddle me with work that takes time away from searching for them.
Narihito: If you're looking for information, maybe the Broadcasters can help?
Mokdai: I'll help too! Is there really no way you'll reconsider...?
Borealis: ...unfortunately, I will go find them all myself. Besides, I do not like how agencies conduct themselves. There are only...two people in this world who can operate and harmonize with me. (stares at MC)
MC: ...thank you.

Borealis smiles kindly.
Borealis: ...MC, my meeting with you has been filled with loud and lively sounds. It was all so sudden, but I've enjoyed our time together.
MC: Thank you so much for taking time out of looking for your friends and family to help us. (bows)
Borealis: MC...stop bowing. I was the one who said I would help. And...I remember a bit of how I felt while I worked as a hero.
Borealis closes his eyes and thinks back on the time he fought on the field with his best friend. If he listens, he can hear similar sounds.
Borealis: MC, I know you aren't my best friend. But thanks to you, I got to re-experience some old sounds and feelings, enough to make me want to see them all again. I am the one who wants to thank you. I know, let me invite you as a VIP to my concert next time.

Borealis gives MC a ticket. Nobody says anything for a while, but everyone can feel everyone's sounds.
Borealis: ...well, it should be about time for the citizens to return. I must leave before then. I have things I should do, and you should go back to where you belong.
Borealis turns around.
Narihito: Thank you so much Borealis! Let's meet again! And have an interview because I wanna tell the world what you're like!
Mokdai: I want to see you again too! I'll keep studying on producing until then, thanks for your conducting!
MC: I'll come see you again for sure! / Please listen to my sound again sometime. / I hope you find everyone.

Borealis walks ahead while listening to the party, boarding his ship quietly before it starts up. It kicks up a strong wind, and it disappears as its stealth function turns on before flying off.
Narihito: ...he wasn't persuaded, but I feel like I understand Borealis a little better now.
Mokdai: Yeah. I'm sure we'll meet him again! And I hope we'll see his friends and family with him then.
Narihito: Right! We should go home soon. Lots to do!
Mokdai: Yeah! Got a city to rebuild and people to guide back!
The rest of the party heads back to Orient City, their breaths white in the winter air. It's the triumphant return of the heroes who saved the city and its people, the place of unfading smiles and unchanging happiness.
Borealis (narrating): Even if everyone one day parts ways, the memories of this day will warm them. And so I will continue playing my melodies until we may see each other once again. Merry Christmas.
The End

1 comment:

  1. wonder when would be the next translation upload.. its been 20days, thanks for translation

    ReplyDelete