Sunday, June 26, 2022

Live A Hero Chocolate Circus Episode 1 (Abridged)

Yasuhiko (narrating): I only get to see my dad once a year. That one day of the year he sends a big box of marshmallows, and once Mom gets them she calls him over Space Zoom for all of five minutes.
Mr. Yasumi: You doing alright, Yasuhiko?
Yasuhiko: Yes Daddy! I have something I want to show y--
Mr. Yasumi: Okay good enough. Take care of the boy Janina.
Yasuhiko: Daddy you never come home!
Mr. Yasumi: Too busy. Oh look at the time, got milk to buy, cigarettes to smoke. Later.
Yasuhiko: But Daddy I--
click

Yasuhiko: I HATE DADDY
Janina: No Yasuhiko, don't do that to that picture you drew for your father!
Yasuhiko: He doesn't even want to LOOK at it!
Janina: Don't speak about your father like that! You know how much milk and cigarettes he has to buy!
Yasuhiko: B-b-but...!
Yasuhiko (narrating): I loved the circus. Mom was a circus member before, and Dad was the ringleader, so I probably got it from them. But still, fvck YOU Dad! Every year I ask to see you in person, but noooo! He needs to bUy MiLk and gEt CiGaReTtEs! You can't just buy my love with MARSHMALLOWS! Love me, Daddy! Praise me, Daddy! Ugh, maybe I should forget about all this.
Vulpecula: Did somebody say FORGET?

Title card: Unaccomplished Crime

Somewhere on Earth
Gammei: EPIC SNEEZE
Gammei: Goddamn it's cold here.
Barrel: Inspector, Inspector! They're selling amazake in that cafe over there! Here's some warmed up!
Gammei: Barrel we are here all the way in Nagano for work
Barrel: I-I know, I'm not dumb! Vulpecula's calling card video said he'd come here to Zenko Temple!
Gammei: ...well, Zenko Temple is only one of the possible places he described he'd be going after.
Flashback
Vulpecula: Symbol! Joy for old people! Forget-me-nots! Sweet scented, bright evenings! Rainbow petals! Earth!

Present
Gammei: Gee thanks Riddler, that sure narrows things down.
Barrel: Some of the higher ups think he means Japan since we just got back Mt. Fuji and it's a national symbol. The part about sweet scents might mean Valentine's Day and chocolate, which would be today right?
Gammei: Yeah, and that's why UEHA has dispatched us to all the national historical sites. I still don't get how Orient City not having one meant we got sent down here though.
Barrel: We can't help it, UEHA doesn't have a branch office in Nagano... The next closest places were either us or the Niigata branch, so it fell to us. But that's great! Grandma lives near here!
Gammei: Who cares!? Ugh, why can't Vulpecula show his stupid face already!? I'll get you for forcing me to come out to this frozen hellhole!
UEHA has also sent heroes to Hakodate, Hiraizumi, Kanazawa, Kyoto, Izumo, Matsuyama, and Nagasaki amongst others. Vulpecula shows up to precisely none of them and has been spotted nowhere in the galaxy that evening. This unprecedented event gets reported everywhere in the Universe News.

Several days later at Procy's bar
MC: Hi, we're here for work! / I came to hang out, Procy! / I came to see you, Gomeisa!
---
(BC) Melide: MC no we came for work
---
Melide: ...hello.
Procy: Yo kids. Someone else is already using the gacha machine, so how about a drink while you wait?
MC: Are you treating? Awesome!
Procy: Here's the menu, booze is listed on the back. You can pay when you leave!
MC: Aww... / Cheapskate!
(A) Procy: D-don't give me that, of course I'm charging!
(B) Procy: Bitch I never said I was treating you to a drink!

Melide: ...I want a strawberry yogurt drink. Can I put the agency name on the reciept?
Procy: ...I've noticed already since she comes by a lot, but man this girl is stubborn.
Gomeisa: Hello you two! Melide, are you used to your new job yet?
Melide: No, I only help out sometimes so I haven't done that much... I'm learning by helping out with errands.
Procy: Well I guess that's normal at your age. Do you even go to school? I heard you don't really want to.
Melide: Sometimes Kyoichi comes to teach me at the office. Apparently it's just like going to school for real if it's certified.
Gomeisa: Kyoichi is a teacher! That's good!
Melide: Sometimes I know more than he does.
Procy: I hear his confidence drops like a rock when he teaches above grade school level...
MC: Wow Kyoichi's been doing good despite that...

Furlong: ...um, excuse me? Could I get a refill?
Procy: Whoops, sorry I didn't hear the bell ring. Same drink, right? One sec. Oh yeah Furlong, you know these guys? Been a while since you saw them, right?
Furlong: O-oh, long time no see you two. It feels embarrassing seeing you two on my day off.
Procy: why
MC: Long time no see! / You're the same as ever / Poke the cutie!
(A) Furlong: Uh...umm...yes, it's been some time.
(B) Furlong: I-I want to change that part of myself...
(C) Furlong: Nooo...!
Procy: NO BULLY

Melide: Hello Furlong. You're on your day off?
Furlong: Y-yes, so I decided I wanted something nice to eat...
Melide: You can be casual with me, I'm younger.
Furlong: Uh, umm, excuse me...I'm not used to speaking like that.
Melide: How can you be so different from when you're in hero mode
Gomeisa: Wow Melide you get along great with Furlong! He talks a lot when he sees you!
Melide: Well he did help me before.
Furlong: You trust me? Ehehehe...

Yasuhiko is standing in front of a sign in the bar.
Yasuhiko: Wow there's tons of heroes here. I hope someone will take my job and--AAAAA
Procy: What's with the yelling
Yasuhiko: Sorry, the screen suddenly blacked out! Did I break it...!?
Procy: Oh yeah that thing's been on the fritz lately. Maybe it'll work if I do this...and fixed. It probably does that if you hold down on it.
MC: Who's that? / What's that board?
(A) Procy: Never seen him before. He probably wants to hire a hero since he's in front of the request board though.
MC: And what's that?

Procy: W-wait, you didn't know about the request board? Then again, Huckle's the only guy from your place who looks at it.
Melide: I heard things like that are set up where heroes gather.
Procy: Yep. Heroes looking for work can pick it up through the gacha if Operators have some. If a hero wants to hire another hero though, they use the board instead. It's a good way for heroes to find out what they can do or what work they're cut out for while making connections. Also it's illegal to use civilian networks to look for hero work, so we had to throw that together out of desperation. They're not connected to outside networks either so you'd have to check them individually.
Furlong: I never knew that. I always got work passed down from up top.
Procy: You work for a government agency. This is mostly used for private enterprise heroes. Well Huckle posts things to that sometimes, so maybe take a look for fun sometimes. There's a lot of them asking for help looking for Vulpecula.
Gomeisa: Who dat
Procy: ...have you not been listening to people talk in here? That smug phantom thief going around the galaxy destroying historical sites and stuff.
MC: That guy I chased after with Shaft and everyone! / Never heard of him
(B) Procy: Do you not pay attention to the news or something, geez

Procy: He's that one guy who hates things like "the past" or "memories" and sends poem videos indirectly saying how he'll go blow up historical sites, then does them on the not really specified time he mentions like it's a show. Some people call him pretentious, but he's got his really devoted fans or whatever. Stans or whatever people call them?
Yasuhiko: GASP
Furlong: Yeah, he sent a video the other day that sounded like he was coming to Japan but then no showed on the day he apparently was supposed to do his thing. Wasn't it on the news? Barrel and Gammei went to Nagano because of that, and they went for nothing...
MC: Oh right. Must be hard for the police. Their snack presents were great though.
Melide: According to the rumors, he always shows up at his targets. And as a villain who prizes his aesthetics he never goes back on his declarations. Weird of him to suddenly not show up. It can't be that the police were wrong about where he's going or anything right?
Yasuhiko: ...
Procy: Didn't you guys at Parallel Flight tussle with him before at some job? You worried about what he's doing?
MC: Hmm... / I guess / Well I never saw him before
Yasuhiko: They've gone against Vulpecula before? ...umm, excuse me!

MC: W-what?
Procy: Did the board break again?
Yasuhiko: No not that. I want to ask you guys about something!
Furlong: Us?
Yasuhiko: Oh wait here's my business card. (hands MC a card for Yasumi Circus listing Yasuhiko as Ringleader Yasumi Yasuhiko)
MC: What?
Procy: Isn't that the circus that's been around a while and sets up shop outside town? I heard a bunch of S&S Heroes are part of them.
Yasuhiko: Yes, and I'm one of them! ...though I don't really do hero work much.
MC: You ARE!? / Oh so that's why you're here / Isn't that the same agency Nessen is with?
Gomeisa: Wow, a circus hero!
Procy: Well damn, I'm surprised a circus that's been around for 300 years has a leader this young.
Furlong: W-whoa...
Yasuhiko: Yeah, but now we have a bit of a problem...
MC: What's that?
Yasuhiko: WILL YOU GUYS HELP!?
End of Episode

1 comment:

  1. oh ****! now you makes me more curious. please up for next chapter, please..... i want to know how furlong got his new hero form.
    btw, thanks for translation.
    dont mind the word, i just type what my mind said after reading.

    ReplyDelete