Sunday, May 30, 2021

Live A Hero The Knight and Ruins Adventure Episode 8 (Abridged)

 (Oh right I’ve forgotten if the title card pops up anywhere. Title is Triumphant Return) 
Akashi: Suck it! (whacks monster) 
Soldier: It's recoiling! Unit 3, advance! 
Soldier: Attaaack! 
The monster slowly weakens in the face of being cut a thousand times. 
Marfik: It's weakening! But... 
The monster is still regenerating slowly. 
Rutilix: Still gonna be a while before we can finally kill it. But wow this power. Is this what that 'laibustreem' thing you guys talk about does?
 
Akashi: Dammit I guess we do have to go for the core. But where is it!? 
Marfik: And it's so big, so we have to use our strongest attacks on one point to even break through 
Rutilix: The king could have done something here... 
MC: (starts hearing keening sound) wait what 
Rutilix: If only we had some convenient way of knowing where to hit it! 
The keening sound is coming from somewhere in the monster's upper body. 
MC: is this sound a clue? (squints at monster)  
Eagle Observer Vision activate! 
MC: WAIT WHAT 
The monster looks like it's glowing blue. But it's not a solid coloring as it's colored darker in its upper half. 
MC: maybe we have to shoot over there? 

Akashi: MC why are you staring at the monster? 
Rutilix: wait you know where the king is!? 
MC: m-maybe? 
Marfik: Hmm. So there are abilities Observers can have that are unknown. But anyways where is he? 
MC: uh, somewhere over there! Can't tell where specifically yet! 
Akashi: that's p vague. maybe you need to get closer? 
Rutilix: in that case...Baraka! 
Akashi: OMG it's the flying dragon again! Wait are you-- 
Rutilix: Akashi, Marfik, please take care of the soldiers on the ground! I'm gonna borrow MC for a while. MC come here! 
MC: uh okay! / see you guys later / yaaay!
 
Akashi: wait you WHAT 
Marfik: I'm coming too actually! 
Rutilix: wait WHAT 
Marfik: you expect to break through on your own? Having more people would be better! 
Rutilix: w-well...okay then! 
Akashi: YOU GUYS ARE DITCHING ME DOWN HERE!? Ugh, you be careful MC! 
MC: Okay! Take care of the ground soldiers! 
Akashi: I got it! 

The three of you fly up to a point where you can clearly see the monster's chest area. 
MC: I can see now! Over there! 
Rutilix: Baraka, fly us over there! 
Rutilix: ...! 
Marfik: Rutilix you're shaking 
Rutilix: I-I'm okay! Right, I have to do this! 
Rutilix shudders, is breathing hard, and curls his tail between his legs. 
MC: scared? / nervous? 
(B for some reason) Rutilix: I-I'm not scared...! But...
 
Rutilix: I guess I AM nervous. Can I really save the king and not mess up? 
Marfik: Rutilix... 
MC: (hold his hand) / (hug him from behind) / (tell him it's okay) 
(A)(C) Rutilix: ...! MC... 
(B) Rutilix: !? 
Marfik: how bold! 

Rutilix: ... 
Rutilix: thank you, I've calmed down a little 
Marfik: you can do it when you're calm. That's what the king said, so just focus on doing what you're here for. We're here too! 
Rutilix: ...right! here I go! (pulls out sword) 
The flying dragon flies in closer to the monster 
Marfik: wait is this the closest we can get? What's going on Rutilix!? 
Rutilix: I'm jumping! We're close enough for that! 
Marfik: oh. MC and me too then! 
MC: wait me too!? I'm not sure about this!
 
Marfik: I'll carry you on my back. Marfik, super jump away! 
Rutilix: let's go! 
MC: (Eagle Observer Vision activate) over there! 
Rutilix: right! (charges sword) ultimate move! 
Monster: SCREEEE 
Rutilix: god it's tough! 
Marfik: We're helping too! 
MC: right! keep going! 
Marfik: (stabs shovel at same point sword is stabbing at) 
MC: (happens to bump into Rutilix) 
Rutilix: !? My sword is powering up! What did you do to me!? 
MC: I dunno! Focus! 
Marfik: Welp MC you sure are unique as an Observer. Who knows what you'll do next? Anyways, let's break on through Rutilix! 
Rutilix: Right! Raaaah! 
Monster: !? 
Rutilix: EAT IT FREAK!!! 
Monster: !?!?!?!?  
Smash 
Soldier: what!? 
Akashi: did they do it!?
 
MC, Marfik, and Rutilix lose their footing and fall into the hole Rutilix made. 
Soldier: the monster is falling down! 
The hole starts spreading, and the monster's body starts collapsing. 
Rutilix: There! The king! (reaches for and grabs Alphecca into a hug) 
Marfik: oh no we're falling! grab onto me MC! 
MC: what!? but what about them!? 
MC and Marfik fall out of the hole faster than MC can ask. 
Marfik: (uses his body as a cushion for MC as the two land) 
Akashi: are you okay MC!? 
MC: y-yeah... / Professor are you okay!? 
(B): Marfik: y-yep. My toughness came in handy. 

Marfik: we're lucky this place is sandy. If it were rocky we'd be dead. I'm just grazed now. 
Akashi: how tough ARE you? I'm glad you're okay though. And where is Rutilix and the king? 
MC: oh right!
The monster is falling apart to pieces. 
Soldier: Men, retreat! 
A bright flash flares, and a lot of something falls. 
Akashi: what's happening!? 
The falling stuff kicks up a huge dust cloud. 
After the dust settles... 
Soldier: Is this gold!? Where'd it all come from? 
Part of the gold scattered is something from the city of gold. 
Marfik: hey isn't this part of the city? I guess the parts that weren't erased came back. but what's going on?
 
Random victims: where am I? I was in the maze earlier... 
Soldier: hey wait I know you! How'd I forget you? 
Random victims: did you come to get us? Wow I get to see you again! 
The soldiers and victims celebrate their reunion. Rutilix and Alphecca are nowhere to be found. 
Akashi: ...no way, did they...? 
Marfik: don't give up so quick. My turn to do something! 
Marfik climbs the ruins and charges his shovel. 
Marfik: well if this thing came out of my dreams...it should be able to find what I want to find and pick out where those two are! Special move, fire! (stabs shovel into ground) 
The rubble starts glowing from within, then floats away from the shovel eventually unearthing Rutilix and Alphecca. 

Rutilix: oof...are we saved? 
Alphecca: ugh it's so bright out 
Rutilix: hang on Your Highness! (piggybacks Alphecca) 
MC: you guys are okay! 
Soldiers: Rutilix has the king! The king is okay! Hooray! 
Alphecca: Rutilix...you grabbing onto me saved me. Thank you. 
Rutilix: ...of course! As the one you were relying on...no, as a knight, it's my job! 
Alphecca: ...I guess so. Good work.
 
Captain: Your Highness! Are you okay!? 
Alphecca: Hmm. Guess it's time for one last trick even if the minister will get mad at me for it. (gets off Rutilix and stands on the gold) 
Alphecca: MC, transform me. 
MC: W-well okay, but why? 
Rutilix: Your Highness what are you going to do...? 
Alphecca: (transforms) 
Captain: !? 
Soldier A: The king is the White Knight I don't believe it 
Soldier B: No way! I heard about his skills from before but...! 
Alphecca: Heed me my proud soldiers! It is I, your king, who is the White Knight! I apologize for hiding this these past few years! I found out that the maze was a monster and came to destroy it! But then I was eaten because I was too weak to do so! 
Soldier: oh that's why he came here? 
Victims: he came to save us... 

Alphecca: the ones who saved me are those heroes and Sorcerer from another planet, and Rutilix! 
Rutilix: Y-your Highness... 
Alphecca: I apologize for throwing the kingdom into chaos with my recklessness. But I also want to praise you all for saving me and everyone else who was eaten and for bringing back the ruins of the old city of gold!
Captain: PRAISE THE KING! 
Soldiers: (wild cheering) 
Marfik: huh. well he's not lying 
Rutilix: I can't believe he revealed himself just like that 
Akashi: hey Rutilix, can you hear those voices among the cheers? 
Rutilix: ...? ...! 
Soldiers: wow I didn't know Rutilix was hiding that kinda strength! did you see how he punched through that monster?
 
Alphecca: Go Rutilix. Your job isn't done until you report to the captain. 
Rutilix: ...r-right. Excuse me! 
The cheering gets louder when Rutilix joins the other soldiers. 
Akashi: Yep that's a hero's welcome. Everyone understands he can do it now. 
MC: Yeah, I'm glad. 
Alphecca: ... 
Marfik: you're a wily one, Your Highness 
Alphecca: haha you make me sound so bad. I was just making a distinction about myself and making things up to Rutilix. I caused all this, but if people make too much stuff up he won't get rewarded. I'll be investigated later, but that's okay. 
Marfik: ...well okay then. 
Alphecca: I have to thank you too. You gave Rutilix a push, didn't you? 
Marfik: Not just me, MC and Akashi did too. And Rutilix gained the determination to stand on his own to save you towards the end. 
Alphecca: ...I see. I have to thank you all for saving me, and for helping him. Truly, thank you. 
Akashi: o-oh no it was nothing 
MC: You're welcome / I'm just glad you're okay 
(B) Alphecca: Ah. Sorry to worry you. 

Alphecca: y'know being a knight really is cool. (watches Rutilix joshing with the other knights) 
Alphecca: I wanna join them. I wanna try becoming a knight again. 
Marfik: It's not too late to try again. Look at me. I'm an old man who still talks about dreams and flies among the stars to chase my dreams. You're plenty young, you can make it. Life lasts a long while. 
Alphecca: ...guess so. 
The gold shines brighter among everyone celebrating their safe return, and in Aradacia a new hero is born.
 
Two weeks later, back at Parallel Flight 
MC: I'm back 
Mokdai: welcome back! did you get the lunch boxes? 
MC: yeah, there was a line, but here's your nori bento 
Mokdai: yay! I'll pay you back later, so give me the receipt! I love this nori bento, it has so many fried foods. 
Sui: ...didn't you have a fried pork cutlet sandwich for breakfast? I just altered your suit, stop getting fatter. 
Mokdai: URK! Stop poking my heart with your needles while you sew Akashi's suit! 
Sui: yeah yeah. MC, thanks for buying lunch for me. I'll have my sandwich later when I have time. 
MC: okay / must be tough to come over here for clothes work 
(B) Sui: It's my job, I'm used to rush orders. I'm okay. 

Mokdai: Sui's been on my eating habits a lot more lately. I wonder why? 
MC: because she's worried about you getting fatter again? 
Mokdai: b-but I move around so much as a hero! 
Sui: you still eat more than you use 
Mokdai: no stop, you're doing it again! 
Huckle: (embarrassed) 
MC: Boss your ears are moving / does it hit close to home? / you seem worried 
(A)(C) Huckle: N-no not really! 
(B) Huckle: Y-yes, I mean no it doesn't! I'm not worried at all. 
Mokdai: we didn't ask, so clearly you are
 
Huckle: Hey look MC your phone is glowing! Maybe you have mail! 
You have an email message from Alphecca. 
MC: The king sent me email!? Why!? 
The email title is just labeled "Recent Events" and the sentences are slightly hard to read and awkwardly written.  
Later 
MC: huh, so that happened 
Mokdai: what's up? 
MC: is Akashi here today? 
Mokdai: uh, he's here today on standby, but right now he's on the roof for some reason. 

Up on the roof Akashi is on a call with Toshu. 
Toshu: I see you safely got your credits. 
Good. Akashi: Yes! I still have to help sort things tomorrow, but I can do everything else from home after that. I'm safe now... 
Toshu: (sigh) you better remember you won't get out of your stupid actions like this much. Don't neglect your studies from now on. 
Akashi: yes I'll be careful. 
Toshu: did you remember to thank Kyoichi? 
Akashi: I have. And now I have to help his family harvest rice to pay back the favor. 
Toshu: oh right his family are rice farmers
 
Akashi: by the way did you find my souvenir on your desk 
Toshu: yes, thank you. a gold carving from Aradicia. that brings back memories. My father brought me there once when I was young. 
Akashi: huh? you've been there before? 
Toshu: not the kingdom itself, but my home country is on the same planet. you saw a golbesta (lion guy) like me, didn't you? 
Akashi: that's surprising... 
Toshu: oh I have class to go to soon. Tell me more later. 
Akashi: right! thank you for your time! Akashi: okay break time over, back to swinging-- 
MC: done with your phone call? / were you calling Toshu? / whatcha doin'? 

Akashi: AAA WHERE'D YOU COME FROM!? 
Akashi: oh it's you. did Mokdai tell you I was up here? (puts on batting gloves) 
MC: baseball practice? all the way over here? 
Akashi: w-well yeah. I figured if I had time I may as well. There's no game coming up, but I thought practicing every day would help. 
MC: but why so suddenly? / but you never do anything in the office 
(B): Akashi: that's not true! I eat my meals and do my class work!
 
Akashi: w-well, I started thinking when I saw Alphecca and Rutilix...that giving up on a dream seems like a waste. I know I'm camera shy and that's not helpful for becoming a pro, but maybe I can overcome it and achieve my dream even if I have to detour for it. I don't have social barriers causing problems for me like they do, and like Marfik said I'm still young. So maybe I can find some way forward. 
MC: sounds good / you've got a long life ahead / good luck! 
Akashi: w-well I'm just giving it a try. 
Akashi: so why'd you come looking for me? It wasn't to watch me practice, right? 
MC: oh right, look at this 
Akashi: an email? 
MC: it came from the king of Aradicia 
Akashi: from him!? Why!? Oh there's also stuff about Rutilix here 

At Aradicia 
Captain: That's enough for now! 
Rutilix: thank you for sparring with me captain! 
Captain: hey you sure calmed down and gotten more consistent in how you fight. You've learned to read movements too. 
Rutilix: o-oh, I thought I was still rushing things a bit there 
Captain: people don't change THAT fast. just go slow and steady. You're going to be a knight soon, so don't dash the hopes people have of you. 
Rutilix: yes I'll keep doing my best!
 
Alphecca: I see you two are working hard 
Rutilix: ! Yes Your Highness! 
Captain: I am not worthy! 
Alphecca: relax I'm not here to do king stuff. I finished my work, so I can join the training right? 
Captain: y-yes, we're arranging for a training area here in the castle 
Alphecca: but this place is already fine. no need for a whole new one. 
Captain: u-understood, I'll go get you some practice partners 

Alphecca: bah, he's the senior knight here. He should be treating me as a junior. Think he'll get used to it? 
Rutilix: but I can't blame him. It's WEIRD how you're both the king and an apprentice knight 
Alphecca: haha I guess. The minister's punishment of me is finally over, and we managed to talk it out so I can join. I may be an apprentice now, but I finally managed to take a step towards my dream, however roundabout. I have to do my best at my work as king and my training as a knight. 
Rutilix: it's nice, but you're still important to the kingdom. Don't rush things trying to move up. 
Alphecca: good heavens I can't believe YOU are saying that to me now 
Rutilix: it's what everyone taught me. I can't believe I'm saying this to you either. 
Alphecca: I may have started everything, but you have now been recognized and graduated to become a real knight. Don't rush your own training, I'll be right behind you. 
Rutilix: right! I hope all goes well for us! 
Alphecca: hmm...how about we get started first? 
Rutilix: eh 
Alphecca: spar with me senpai? no holding back 
Rutilix: UHHHH...well okay. Let's go!
 
Back on Earth 
Marfik: sounds like Rutilix and the king are making progress. never thought I'd be giving the young ones a push at a dig site investigation. people need courage to chase their dreams. I guess pushing the party forward is the job of the ones who are older and the experts. 
Marfik: (turns off tablet he was reading the email off of and stows it among all his travel stuff) 
Marfik: welp time for me to get going too! I gotta be the living proof that there's no time limit to chasing your dreams! I'm off to my next adventure. Bye guys! 
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment