Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Live A Hero The Knight and Ruins Adventure Episode 5 (Abridged)

 
Flashback 
Alphecca: Hi-yah!  (kicks a soldier's ass) 
Soldier A: Oof! Well done sir...! 
Soldier B: Wow you did great for a mock battle! 
Soldier A: Damn my vest is cut into two. Amazing, Prince Alphecca! 
Alphecca: Hah, I'm just the second prince, that's nothing amazing 
Soldier A: No no you honestly did great. Just like you did with the cavalry chief yesterday! I bet you'd be the best knight ever if you joined! 
Alphecca: Y-you think so? I'm getting excited now. Maybe it's a little indiscreet to be enjoying this after Father just died, but my older brother says it's okay so-- 
Soldier C: Prince Alphecca! King Aronsam has...! 
Alphecca: B-brother...?
 
 Later 
Alphecca (narrating): Brother died in a monster attack while on a diplomatic visit to a neighboring country. The people were anxious with two national funerals so close together. The only way to calm them down was become king myself. 
Citizens: Banzai! 
Alphecca: (sad) 
Minister: What is wrong King? You can't look sad in front of the people 
Alphecca: I know. By the way, about my joining the knights... 
Minister: (gasp) You're the king, you can't do that! 
Alphecca: oh... 
Alphecca (narrating): Father and Brother dying was the saddest thing in my life. But my dream as a boy was crushed at the same time. I wanted to be a gallant knight riding my dragon defending my homeland. But it wouldn't come true...
 
 Later, again 
Alphecca: I know it's selfish, but then what did I try so hard for? 
Sorcerer: I'm sorry Your Highness, but... 
Alphecca: I know. You can leave me be. Now about your next...wait what's that? 
Rutilix: Yes! 100 swings! 
Sorcerer: Oh that's Rutilix, the newest apprentice knight. He's a hero, youngest son of a lower level knight, and part of the most laudable division, but that group also has a lot of first born sons of higher ranked nobles so they don't get along and he trains alone every night. 
Alphecca: huh 
Alphecca (narrating): I had to give up, so I admired how Rutilix pressed on. It wasn't not jealousy, I saw my younger self in him, so I wanted him to become a knight. So then I made a decision and talked to the Sorcerer about it.
 
Title card: The Underworld Gate
 
Back to present 
Rutilix: die monster! 
Akashi: no wait! 
Rutilix: oh no there was another one! I'm surrounded! 
Akashi: goddammit. MC! 
MC: Akashi head right! / Professor go left! / Save Rutilix! 
(A/C) Akashi: here I go! 
(B) Marfik: Yep! Akashi you take that side!
 
Akashi: Super move! 
Marfik: Search "Ruins Salvage"! 
Monsters: ded Rutilix: oof! 
Akashi: you okay? they stuck really close to you 
Rutilix: I-I'm okay. Thank you Marfik 
Akashi: dude how many times have we done this, this keeps happening with you 
Rutilix: u-ugh, I just move without thinking about it 

Akashi: (sigh) I get how you feel, but why try so hard to do it alone? It felt like you didn't want our help. 
Rutilix: u-umm... (glances at Alphecca) 
Alphecca: hmm? 
Rutilix: ...nothing. let's go. next time...! 
Akashi: stop charging ahead already! 
Rutilix: hey I just stepped on something 
Spears rain from above 
Rutilix: AAAAAA (barely dodges) 
MC: Rutilix! / instant death trap! / damn you barely avoided that Rutilix: I thought I was gonna die! 
Akashi: you okay? 
Rutilix: F-fine! A knight has to be able to survive this! 
Akashi: no I'm pretty sure knights could die to this too 
Rutilix: sure they can! With...sudden power bursts! Yeah! W-wait, there may be more like this up ahead. I must clear them, for the king! 
Akashi: omg would you stop 
MC: feels like he's trying to rush things
 
Akashi: ugh he left 
Marfik: Your Highness why aren't you stopping him? 
Alphecca: umm... 
Marfik: you should tell him off if he's doing something wrong no matter how much you like him. I mean I do crazy things too, but as long as Rutilix doesn't understand or recognize what he's capable of he's going to keep charging in recklessly. 
Alphecca: I-I guess... (starts thinking) 
Alphecca: Sorry, I kept hoping he'd get it next time. 
Akashi: him??? 
Alphecca: Yes I keep hoping that next time he'll do something great and go back home proud of himself. 
MC: but why? 

Alphecca: he reminds me of how I used to be when I tried to be a knight, especially when he gets reckless 
MC: oh, you wanted to be a knight too? 
Alphecca: yeah, but he's suffered even more than I have while trying to keep going, we used to have wars, but now we're at peace with our neighbors. Nowadays knights just deal with rampaging dragons and monsters, stuff that doesn't happen every day, so nobles tend to send their firstborn sons to join the knights to look good. Getting into the Imperial Guard part of the knights is popular because it's got the most rep to it. 
Alphecca: To get into the knights you need sword skills and a good family background. I hear they post you to Space Middle of Nowhere if you suck or are a nobody, but that didn't happen to Rutilix. He was a Hero who could fight monsters, but that didn't stop people for making fun of him for being a nobody or calling him a potato eater. The Imperial Guard had a hero vacancy so they gave it to him. 
Alphecca: The Imperial Guard is filled with proud nobles, so that's the crowd you join when you become one of that group. But Rutilix is not a high class noble or an heir to the family, and since his sword skills was worse than theirs, they didn't like him. They fought all the time since he has a short temper, and then his treatment got even worse.
 
Alphecca: Potato eater is an insult calling someone ghetto. If Rutilix could stomp their asses they'd stop calling him that, but he's not that good at a lot of things. But no one will spar with him either, so he can't really get any instruction. There's almost no legal way for him to break out of that situation. 
Akashi: that's what that means here? I feel bad now 
Alphecca: He still pushed on and trained himself to fight. He got points for being a hero, but his sword skills are almost too low to enlist as a knight. Impressive how much effort he made to get in anyway, but then he gets judged on the standard of 'he should be able to do this.' So I brought Rutilix to this maze because I want to see him achieve something. 
Akashi: wait it really wasn't his idea to come here to begin with? 
Alphecca: yeah I brought him here, told him I was lost, then told him to take me back. I thought he'd have something to brag about if it worked, but then the prime minister figured me out. The job I gave Rutilix is wasted now, so I guess my plan was stupid. Now I put him in mortal danger too and made the kingdom worry. Feels bad man. 
MC: oh he's feeling guilty 

Marfik: oh so that's why you're so taken with Rutilix 
Alphecca: now that I'm king I can't be a knight, so I hoped Rutilix would achieve it in my place. But it's more accurate to say I forced it on him, which is why I want him to become a real knight no matter what 
Akashi: so being a king must suck in its own ways huh. I wouldn't see a point in living if I had to give up my dreams. I really did lose hope once. 
MC: yeah that was a thing, you were really down 
Marfik: do you really HAVE to give up your dreams when you become a king? Alphecca: what? Marfik: I dunno how your political system works in detail but I think it's too early to quit. I hear you only just got crowned. And you're still young. You giving up at your age looks like a waste to an old man like me. 
Marfik (whispering): there has to be something better than playing at a knight in secret isn't there? if knights want merits, what you're doing now can't be something to be proud of 
Alphecca: you noticed? 
Akashi: wat? 
Marfik: nothing. secret talks for adults 
Akashi: but I AM an adult! 
Marfik: o rite lol 
MC: I wonder what they were talking about
 
Rutilix, somewhere offscreen: AAAAAA 
Alphecca: !!! 
Akashi: goddammit what now. Let's go MC!  
In a big room inside the labyrinth, a giant monster has Rutilix in its mouth and is trying to eat him 
Alphecca: oh no! 
Marfik: why is this place so different from the rest of the maze!? 
Akashi: that thing's huge! Bigger than everything else we've seen here! Also Rutilix where did your guts go!? 
Rutilix: T-this thing is tough, but I can't fall before the king! Rrraaaahh! (cuts himself out and falls to the ground)
 
Akashi: hey you okay!? sheesh you're crazy 
Rutilix: t-this is nothing! how can I be a knight if I don't meet the king's expectations? 
Alphecca: oh, you noticed... 
Akashi: wow you ARE a dumb bitch 
Rutilix: (gasp) RUDE 
Akashi: but you know, trying to fulfill your dream and grant someone else's is a good thing. I'm in that boat too. 
Rutilix: o-oh 
MC: you really are a hard worker. don't push yourself too much. 
Rutilix: my apologies for worrying you... 
MC: (holds hand up to Rutilix) 
Rutilix: my armor is fixed! wow I didn't know Sorcerers could do this, thank you! 
Akashi: since when could you do that!? 
MC: I dunno! 
 
Marfik: I know you can do that using Views if we were streaming this live, but an Observer's cognition abilities really is stronger than a normal person's! 
Monster: SCREEEEE 
Marfik: oh right that thing. Okay you two let's get him! 
Akashi: r-right I'll get eaten if I space out here. Henshin a go-go! 
Akashi: can you keep going Rutilix? 
Rutilix: IT'S PAYBACK TIME 
Akashi: Attaboy! Let's go MC! 
MC: Yeah! I wanna know what's behind that door it's in front of too! 
Alphecca: ... (frown)  
BATTLE START (more afterwards)
 
Rutilix: raaaugh! 
Akashi: he got a hit in! maybe this time it'll die! 
Monster: (regenerates) 
Rutilix: it did it again! 
Marfik: We gotta get to the core! We got rid of the other ones, so I guess all three of us are needed to take it out?
 Akashi: right we can't keep this up forever 
Rutilix: b-but I'm responsible for this! 
Akashi: no dumbass we'll get eaten at this rate! 
Rutilix: I-I guess you're right... 
???: This isn't enough. Trying to rush this would be a mistake. 
MC: !? 

Alphecca: (jumps in next to Rutilix, flaming sword in hand) 
Rutilix: Tuxedo Mask Sir White Knight! 
Alphecca: Here's how you really swing a sword. Do this and you can win. 
Rutilix: This voice...yes White Knight! 
Alphecca: Good! I'll cover for you, so go! 
Rutilix: Understood! Here I come! 
Rutilix: Loyalty "Edabd Haieriden"! 
Alphecca: Good swing! Now I should attack too... (stabs monster) 
Monster: (ded) 
MC: You won!
 
Something sounds like it's being scattered after the monster's defeat. 
Akashi: i-is something falling? 
Marfik: what's this? 
You've found a shining nugget 
Akashi: HOLY SHIT LOOK AT ALL THAT GOLD 
Marfik: I don't know much about ores but I'm pretty sure that's gold yeah 
MC: Why's there so much of it? / How much would it be worth if we sold it? 
(A) Marfik: (surprised) 
(B): Akashi: Whoa there...how would we even carry it out? 
Marfik: If we go to a guy I know I think we could get like a hundred million 
Akashi: you didn't have to take that question seriously 

Marfik: why is this gold here anyways? is it related to the legend of the city of gold? 
Rutilix: Haha, we won... (detransforms, falls backwards) 
Alphecca: (catches Rutilix) You did good 
Rutilix: Thank you! 
Alphecca: hmm... 
Rutilix: ? 
Alphecca: I dislike how you push yourself too much by yourself. You should learn to rely on others if you need to. I should keep that in mind too, so don't die for nothing. 
Rutilix: ...okay 
Rutilix: um, are you-- 
Alphecca: kbye 
Rutilix: but! 
Marfik: I think Rutilix knows already but I guess he still isn't ready to come out and say it. (sigh)
 
Akashi: OMG earthquake! 
Rutilix: no wait look at the door! 
The big heavy door slowly opens... 
MC: MY EYES 
Marfik: this isn't sunlight, what the hell!? 
When the door opens all the way, the light fades a little, and you start making out what looks like... 
MC: omg! 
End of episode

No comments:

Post a Comment